Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Auditions 4 

• Start Topic

Variety acts of all types and contestants of all ages audition for the chance to win the $1 million prize. The Golden Buzzer is still in play for two more lucky acts to go directly to the live shows at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles to compete for America's vote.

3 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Ok this Tequila guy just cracked me the hell up!

Me, too! I can't believe Simon laughed that much. Now I'm trying to think of what other one-word song he might do...and coming up with nothing..

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Me, too! I can't believe Simon laughed that much. Now I'm trying to think of what other one-word song he might do...and coming up with nothing..

Oh I'm sure he's got something up his sleeve.  I can't wait to see what he does next. 😃

Oh, and his facial expressions are hilarious!

• Love 2
(edited)
  • Hanta the rat was cute. I was a little afraid for her when Melissa(?) raised her above her head after they voted them through. I kinda love that they're named after diseases (and was kinda bugged by the fact that Gabrielle kept saying"Henta").
  • A new twist on the "Stop! Sing something else!" cliche... "Stop! Sing it a capella!" isn't any better, Simon. (And who actually believes those things aren't totally staged?)
  • Card guy didn't hold my attention...I kept looking at my computer. Can't stand that screamy music.
  • Julianne always has the weirdest expression on her face. Like she's confused and slightly horrified at the same time. And that was just watching a kid plugging in his guitar.
  • That guitar kid was pretty damn cool, though.
  • Karaoke singer should not have been that funny. And yet.
  • The military quartet was really good. Though I'll admit I was busy making cinnamon toast during the backstory part so I was only half listening.
  • I was waiting for them to get Terry to play the flute. 🙂 
  • I did not expect a stripping flautist.... Slightly amused by all the pearl-clutching "I thought this was a family show!" comments on Facebook.
  • Dominguez Poodle Review gets my vote for the name alone. I can't imagine living in an RV with 9 dogs and 4 people.
  • I knew as soon as the French group said they were "vocal performers" they weren't just gonna sing. Not my kinda music generally, but that was pretty cool.
  • 9:51. Big youth choir from Detroit. Terry tells the director "I'm from Flint!" Let's see if he hits the Golden Buzzer for them, shall we? 
  • (Edit; Okay, I didn't expect the rapping and dancing. I like that they did something different for a choir.)
Edited by ams1001
  • Love 2
(edited)

One year, we had the Olate Dogs. Another year, we have the Pomeyo Family Dogs and Sara and Hero.  Last year, we had the cats. This year we have...rats. With a stage-sized obstacle that looks almost close to the science projects I've seen while in grade school. Cute act though. I'm not sure about the spread eagle move the Miss did so Henta could run across.

Ansley (?) comes out, and she is like a little ray of sunshine with her personality. She starts singing...Simon makes a face...Simon makes a comment regarding the track...I bet you he's going to call for a stop...his hand goes up...I knew it! So we go into an acapella. Her voice was a little loud to me, but not powerful. Maybe I'll need to watch her performance again. In some ways, she reminds me of Angelica Hale and Celine Tam, even though they were nine then and she is eleven.

When Sos came on stage, I immediately though of Sos and Victoria/Quick Change from Season 11. When he brought the cards out, and when I heard the first line of the song, "We've seen this a hundred times..." that's how I felt about card tricks. I enjoyed Shin Lim and Jon Dorenbos, but I am growing a little weary of card magic. But Sos Jr. brought along something different with the cards. I'll give him that.

Marchin with a gypsy jazz/gypsy swing/world version of Beethoven's 5th. Okay! I like it!

Karaoke moment with the audience...okay. I guess it's fair that the audience has some additional fun. Here comes the karaoke montage...I should have known that that was coming. I was wondering what Andy would bring coming on AGT with karaoke, especially the shot with Simon leaning back and rolling his eyes when Andy said that that is what he was going to do. His "performance" was unexpected and quirky. Maybe on judge cuts he'll do "Macarena" or "YMCA"? Just the chorus of course.

AdenShow(?)...I'm thinking "Mortal Kombat" when they show up. I get some shades of of Kinichi watching them. I wonder how the guy in blue was able to hold the one-legged position for the time he did? I struggle keeping "tree pose" for fifteen seconds.

"Bring the Funny" commercial. Was that Samuel J. Komroe that I saw in that commercial?

With Voices of Service, first I thank them for their service. Coming from a military family, much respect that they served, and that they are using this to cope with PTSD. I thought that their performance was rather  lovely.

Flute guy. His flute playing was "pitchy" here and there. When he was playing the first song, I wondered if that was all he was playing. Then "Pony" comes on...then a striptease...then grinding...What. The. Hell? I'm not that an uptight of a woman - I've been to a strip club once! I appreciate the male physique...but that was a little much...and random. Terry comes out...oh no, not the "pec dance" again. Ay querido!  I hope the violin dude doesn't teach elementary school. That might be a little traumatic for them to catch...

Funny I should mention of the Pomeyo Family Dogs from Season 12, because we have another family with an act the showcases their dogs and themselves. Dominguez Poodle Revue reminds me a lot of the Pompeo dogs. Adorable, still. Great discipline with the poodles as they just stood there while the judges were giving their comments.

Berywam (?). not bad. I got shades of Elan and Josh from Season 11, but I still enjoyed them.  A nice little mix of genres rolled up in one performance.

The choir from Detroit - I respect the choir leader and what he is doing for these children. From what I've seen, some people tend to give up on or not give inner city youth much of a chance. the performance was cute, but if they're going to do the solo bits, they're going to need some polishing. I understand why Terry gave them the golden buzzer when he shared a bit of his story. Just no "Greatest Showman" songs for their following performance(s). Please. We've heard more than enough of it last season.

I think that I may watch this show a little too much...or pay attention to it a little to much...

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 2

Howie's tenth year on AGT. I had no idea he had been around that long.

Melissa : Rat Girl.  -  It was a little weird to see the rat run across her crotch. Otherwise the act is impressive. She trained the rat, plus she is fit enough to incorporate herself into the act. I'm not sure where she goes from here - apart from adding another rat. It was a good act.

Ansley? Ansley from Ainsley.  12 year old little girl singer - I get tired of writing things like "She's good for a 12 year old". She did sound good, but she sounded like a little girl singing. She wasn't great, but she did well. 

Card Trick Guy: I liked him. It was fast and not boring. Weird thing though.  He looks like he's the same age as his parents.

Marcy: 18 year old guitarist. -  Impressive, but too much noise for me.  I didn't like all that banging around.  I just wasn't into it.

Andy: 24 year old karaoke singer. - He stole this act from Andy Kaufman.

I could only find the Jim Carrey as Andy Kaufman version of this.

Four person Samurai Dance Troop:  I was bored. 

Voices Of Service: Four person singing group. - They sing well.  Boring song though. I hope they pick it up in future rounds. 

Flutes are cool. 

Brandon: 31 year old flute player/stripper. - He wasn't good at either.

In case anyone else was wondering, Terry Crews is 50.

Sonia Fitzpatrick: Pet psychic. 

Did not catch the dog trainers name: They have a lot of freaking dogs. Hard to watch the dog act when the cameras keep focusing on the judges.  It was cute act. They all looked like they were having fun.  I'm pretty easy with animal acts. I'm amazed when people can get their dogs to just sit there without running off.

Another four person singing group. I did not catch their name either.  I despise beat boxing. 

Detroit Youth Choir:  Last act of the night. Obvious Golden Buzzer.  I imagine a group like this has already decided what to do with its yearly stipend should they actually win the "million" dollar prize.  The other acts have nothing to worry about.  It wasn't even really a "choir". It was a group of kids frenetically dancing and singing very loudly.  This was not golden buzzer worthy.  But then again, none of the golden buzzer acts were worthy. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I wasn't sure I was going to write a post, since my last one got zero laugh responses, though such feedback put me in the shoes of Jackie Fabulous, which was humbling. Damn, I wish Terry would offer more than fake dancing or bobbing his head to an act - why waste millions of dollars on that. I'd pose the offer of having a former AGT winner host, but that would mean the total antithesis of "name recognition", since most winners would be lucky to be booked in a saloon.

Melissa Arlett - Since I hate the dog acts, it is somewhat preferable having an animal that isn't a dog perform, though it also makes the act far more limiting. I can't imagine her making it very far, unless there is enough time between auditions and the live show for her to develop an illness and to film a sad vignette.

Ansley Burns - The lack of an age restriction for contestants is a real hindrance, since we have to be subjected to sub-par acts who have to be judged on their age (or weight), instead of their talent alone. Like I mention in every post about a singer - what's the market for this? It seems marketability is never considered for any act that gets put through, even if the image of their CDs in a clearance bin (or in Forte's case, the landfill) is very easy to imagine. The obligatory "technical difficulty" made this even harder to sit through. Saying America's Got Talent is the dream is quite naive, unless winning the show is her way of getting into a bar years before she can drink.

SOS - I thought this was the most boring magic act so far, since I didn't really know what he was doing for 90% of the act, which was all to do with his performance and not me, since unlike anything involving opera music, my eyes were fully open.

Marcin Patrzalek - Since I've played guitar for almost a decade and can't do that, I felt like a big idiot, but it was a good audition. How pathetic is it that a "good audition" can largely depend on being all about the act and not about being bullied, etc.

Andy Rowell - This act may have been funny had the crowd not showcased every form of annoying person possible. If he's actually a comedian, I hope he does standup, since repeating this act will get him eliminated faster than Susan Boyle at a beauty pageant.

Adem Dance Crew - This style of dancing is always entertaining, at least to the point where it seems they can't really step it up.

Voices of Service - Nothing to say.

Simon's remarks about the flute were quite hilarious; I wish he'd act more like a douche like he used to instead of going along with stupid acts and falling for sob stories.

Brandon Coprich - First time in quite a while where an intentionally stupid act was actually funny.

Dominguez Poodle Review - Not a fan of dog acts, but dang, that woman was hot 😭

Detroit Youth Choir - Surprisingly, I thought they were pretty good. These original takes on songs work well when energy is added, plus they didn't have much of a sob story, so that's nice.

Overall, I didn't have much to say and not many jokes, since it's hard to prod very much at a show that is mostly just boring. I probably won't have much material until every act I hated is brought back and causes my annoyance to rise to the surface again.

Edited by InternetToughGuy
  • Love 3

Overall? Pretty meh.

Voices of service?  I work with the Army so that hit me where I live. I see firsthand what they’re talking/singing about.

That golden buzzer act made me ugly cry. 

• Love 3

@InternetToughGuy Keep posting please. I read but hardly ever respond. 

Fairly new to watching.  The first year was with Darcy Lynn, Angelica, Celine et al.  Since then it’s been intermittent at best. 

giggling here .... This is Simon not being a douche?  🙂

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

Andy: 24 year old karaoke singer. - He stole this act from Andy Kaufman.

I could only find the Jim Carrey as Andy Kaufman version of this.

Four person Samurai Dance Troop:  I was bored. 

Voices Of Service: Four person singing group. - They sing well.  Boring song though. I hope they pick it up in future rounds. 

Flutes are cool. 

Brandon: 31 year old flute player/stripper. - He wasn't good at either.

In case anyone else was wondering, Terry Crews is 50.

Sonia Fitzpatrick: Pet psychic. 

Did not catch the dog trainers name: They have a lot of freaking dogs. Hard to watch the dog act when the cameras keep focusing on the judges.  It was cute act. They all looked like they were having fun.  I'm pretty easy with animal acts. I'm amazed when people can get their dogs to just sit there without running off.

Another four person singing group. I did not catch their name either.  I despise beat boxing. 

Detroit Youth Choir:  Last act of the night. Obvious Golden Buzzer.  I imagine a group like this has already decided what to do with its yearly stipend should they actually win the "million" dollar prize.  The other acts have nothing to worry about.  It wasn't even really a "choir". It was a group of kids frenetically dancing and singing very loudly.  This was not golden buzzer worthy.  But then again, none of the golden buzzer acts were worthy. 

https://vimeo.com/groups/326115/videos/141371878

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

I should clarify. I couldn't find Andy Kaufman doing this act in a Youtube video. I think Youtube is the only place that plays videos on this site, in a post. 

Thank you for the link though.  People really should take a look at Andy Kaufman doing this act. I saw it on Saturday Night Live when it first aired. I still remember it to this day. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Ellee said:

@InternetToughGuy Keep posting please. I read but hardly ever respond. 

Fairly new to watching.  The first year was with Darcy Lynn, Angelica, Celine et al.  Since then it’s been intermittent at best. 

Thank you, I appreciate the "fandom" - I usually think people ignore me because they think I'm too big of a jerk to acknowledge 😌 If you're fairly new to watching, all of my jabs at Forte and Landau Eugene Murphy probably go over your head - Landau is basically the archetype of forgettable middle aged singer that also fails to appeal to any demographic aside from insomniacs looking to nap, though ironically I remember him because I knew even in 2011 how little fame would come his way. Forte is a 3 man opera group, which tells you enough, since opera music in the West is about as popular as anything involving an ancient Chinese harp - anyone unwittingly dragged to one of their concerts is no doubt envious of what Terri Schiavo had. Everyone's failure is quite "funny" because nobody who gets praised by the judges and voted through every round to eventually win a show with 10+ million viewers should have their careers immediately nosedive when the final credits roll.

I can't remember how many years Simon has been on the show, since every season seems to blur together into a giant pile of pain, but compared to how he was on American Idol, most of what he says, especially in the later rounds sounds more like attempts at being deep or a quote to be singled out for a future video package (i.e. "....with what we've just witnessed here tonight....a star is born").

• Love 1

I liked the rat act. Maybe my fav of the night. The running-across-the-crotch part was for shock value I guess. It didn't bother me, I was fine with it. I thought the prop where the rat ran out of the cat's mouth and piece of cheese was well done and clever, as was the "Applause" roll down at the end.

12-year-old-girl singer. I suppose she was okay. But Simon hating the music track ... please. I hated that part. Just let the little kid sing so you can send her through.

Magic card guy. I liked him. It went on too long though. Not sure if his act was really longer than everyone else's or did it just seem that way. In any case, I vote him through with the rat act.

Karaoke guy. I guess I'm the only one anywhere who found him not the least bit funny. He gets my X. "NEXT!"

The Poodles. I laughed at Gabrielle saying she had never seen anything like them. I guess she didn't watch all the previous years with all the previous dog acts all doing the same thing. But as a dog lover, I vote them through. And with my admiration for keeping all those Poodles in trim, bathed and groomed. THAT takes talent.

Guitar guy. I was doing other things so his magical and amazing playing didn't make an impression on me. I guess he went through so I'll see him again.

The four dance guys. I liked them. But I always enjoy that style. Fun to watch.

The flute guy. He would have gotten a big red X from me. And so would Terry and his dancing pecs, which gross me out. I hated everything about this guy. Just play the flute and keep your clothes on.

Voices of Service were good, I enjoyed their act.

Detroit Choir was okay I guess, I was zoning out and didn't realize it was the last act so would get the GB or I would have paid more attention. I'll see them down the road though, so there's that. I did appreciate Terry's sincere reason for putting them through. So Terry gets my Golden Buzzer for the night. (As long as he quits that pec thing.)

• Love 2

Oh yeah, Andy Kaufman did it so much better, HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY....I saw it on SNL too, and I will never ever will forget it, it was the strangest comedy act I had ever seen at that point in time.  That was not original at all Brandon.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Ellee said:

Sadly, yes. I think he got soft after he had a kid.

Out of curiosity, I looked up when that Kaufman bit was on SNL, and according to Wikipedia it was the premiere, October 11, 1975. I was ten whole days old. 🙂

I thought the guitar guy was awesome. Really excited to see more from him.

I suppose this week was better than the other ones so far. It's hard to tell if this season seems more lackluster than others--the auditions are always a drag, or at least have been for the past few years.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 11:20 AM, saber5055 said:

I liked the rat act. Maybe my fav of the night. The running-across-the-crotch part was for shock value I guess. It didn't bother me, I was fine with it.

Karaoke guy. I guess I'm the only one anywhere who found him not the least bit funny. He gets my X. "NEXT!"

I felt mweh about all the acts tonight. My mind (such as it is) immediately thought, "Will the pussy catch the rat?" during the crotch bit. My hubby just shakes his head at me, sigh. I am with you regarding Karaoke guy, couldn't even watch it so I fast-forwarded it. I liked the magic act BUT I immediately think, what's the point, given a magician won it last year. However, AGT probably helps all these magicians get bookings once their act has been broadcast.

Edited by Chalby
pretty sure broadcast shouldn't have an ed at the end.
  • LOL 3

Andy Kaufman was so long ago.......how old are you people anyway?..........but I didn't really get the humor in it.......a guy stands there staring......then says "tequila" ......the audience is into it .....the judges are into it.......mentally I've already x'd this act....... and I'm watching this bizzaro world scene play out where everybody loves it and puts him through.     Exactly why I wou90

2 hours ago, Sounder said:

Andy Kaufman was so long ago.......how old are you people anyway?..........but I didn't really get the humor in it.......a guy stands there staring......then says "tequila" ......the audience is into it .....the judges are into it.......mentally I've already x'd this act....... and I'm watching this bizzaro world scene play out where everybody loves it and puts him through.     Exactly why I wou90

I don’t know how old others are but me personally I define ‘ancient’. 😮 ...🙂 ... 😁

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:50 PM, Ohwell said:

Ok this Tequila guy just cracked me the hell up!

Same! I was not expecting that. I was expecting full-on, horrible karaoke. I felt it lasted a tad too long though. After the first two times he said, "Tequila!" I felt that should've been the end of it. Don't ruin a good thing.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:54 PM, ams1001 said:
  • Hanta the rat was cute. I was a little afraid for her when Melissa(?) raised her above her head after they voted them through. I kinda love that they're named after diseases (and was kinda bugged by the fact that Gabrielle kept saying"Henta").
  • 9:51. Big youth choir from Detroit. Terry tells the director "I'm from Flint!" Let's see if he hits the Golden Buzzer for them, shall we? 

To be fair, the contestant (whatever her name is) was pronouncing it as "Henta" as well. I can't blame Gabrielle for failing to know the correct pronunciation of diseases because I had never heard of this one before this show either!

Terry totally made me tear up with his "This is where I came from!" speech. ::stands to feet, wipes tear from eye, claps slowly:: You hit that GB, boy!

• Love 2

My only comment.  This used to be my favorite show. In the past there were a lot of singers but they all didnt go through. To me, and I couldbe wrong, but it seems since Simon came on board here, theres more singers going through than ever before. All goldenbuzzers are singers. Enough. We already have American Idol and The Voice..go audition there, which they canrt becUse the mJority of them suck. Simon, you are killing my show!  Please stop with the singers already!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Happy Belly said:

My only comment.  This used to be my favorite show. In the past there were a lot of singers but they all didnt go through. To me, and I couldbe wrong, but it seems since Simon came on board here, theres more singers going through than ever before. All goldenbuzzers are singers. Enough. We already have American Idol and The Voice..go audition there, which they canrt becUse the mJority of them suck. Simon, you are killing my show!  Please stop with the singers already!

Especially since the amount of success stories to come out of any of those shows is miniscule, you'd have to wonder why they'd even bother. Music in general seems to have lost a ton of value with streaming; having instant access to everything makes it all seem kinda worthless, so of course a 50 year old bedridden from buffets sobstory singer will got lost in the shuffle instantly - it's a shame this generation may not know the joy in stomping on a physical Courtney Hadwin CD.

• LOL 1

A lot of people who audition and get on TV, already have a following. I think they use this show to get publicity.  If you search for a lot of these acts on the Internet, you generally find that they have already recorded albums.  Some of the kids who audition have half a million followers on Youtube. The finalists have steady work for a while when they go on tour or do their Vegas show or whatever it is they do.  I imagine they get paid for that. Plus exposure to a wider audience. However, I think they are tied to AGT, contractually, for years.  This may actually be the reason their careers end up stalling out. 

• Love 2

Well, another episode that was a bit better than the last. Maybe there’s a chance here.

-Rat Lady. She was a little odd, but the act was good. That can’t be easy training a rat to do that stuff. Entertaining enough.

-I actually couldn’t hear the girl sing with that loud track, so it was an obvious setup from the beginning for Simon to do his, “make her adjust on the fly” routine that somewhere, somebody hasn’t seen him fake play out before.  At any rate, little girl was good, seemed pretty fearless. The facial expressions were borderline s****** though. Didn’t care for Brit Boy with the fake upper flipper Simon making fun of her accent though. Jerk.

-Magic Cards. It was OK. I’m tired of slight of hand but he presented it differently. His overwhelmed with emotion act afterwards was boring. You and your family have been performing your whole life. Stop it.

-Kareoke. Very funny. Shades of Andy Kaufman, but still clear and entertaining.

-Dog act. Simon, you are the one who constantly says if we have seen it before, it better be better than the old ones. It wasn’t at all. Everyone that isn’t awful gets voted through first round but I might have said no anyway here. And no one showed Gabrielle any episodes of any previous shows with the endless dog acts?

-Guitar kid. Absolutely spectacular. Innovative, I couldn’t take my eyes off him. One of the best of the night easily.

-Asian Dance guys. konichi x1000. Wow, just spectacular. I’d buy tickets to see these guys and Guitar kid do a show. Wow. So glad they didn’t give Golden Buzzers to the acts actually most talented, we would miss these acts a couple times.

-All the flute stuff and Terry was all stupid. And why doesn’t anyone point out Ian Anderson and Jethro Tull when Simon is talking smack about flute not being manly or cool? What a dope he is.

-Voices of Service were better than I expected, glad for that. Some POSs will have something snotty to say about them. Thought for a moment that maybe they would get a GB but then I remembered, not in this country.

-The guys from Paris were entertaining. Don’t like the hip hop stuff at all, but if you closed your eyes you could believe you were in a club, and they did it with their voices. Interesting.

-Oops, here comes a semi talented stage full of diverse choir kids from Detroit with the usual “saving their lives through music” sob story... it couldn’t be time for the Golden Buzzer, could it? One thing I love, as I mentioned before, now that picking the Golden Buzzer no longer requires talent of any kind, we don’t miss seeing actual good acts perform those weeks they would miss when being sent directly to the live shows. They should replace the GB with a more appropriate descriptor. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The most expensive GB evah.  I hope Simon picked up the tab for their return trip.  Then again, he did save them the expense of at least one less taping. 

The editing for the dog act was the most disjointed I have seen for an act which is a contender.  I wonder if the timing/staging of the act itself wasn't up to snuff.  

Loved guitar man.  This is the type of act which justifies AGT's existence.  Magician was aight.  The veterans' chorale was excellent.  Mrs. Willard, Jr. and her Ben were fun.

Samurai dancers were not all that special, imo.  The middle dude was a tick early with his moves early in the presentation.  

The floutist segment was fun.  We finally got the Terry who won me (us?) over in the Champions season.

Tracking shenanigans on AGT?  Pshaw.  The girl was not very good.  Nothing against her personally, she seemed sweet.  But, I was rooting like crazy for her to really mess up the acapella segment, foiling SYCO's manipulations.  She fought her way through, to her credit.    

This was no worse than the 2nd-best show thus far this season.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2019 at 1:34 AM, SG11 said:

And why doesn’t anyone point out Ian Anderson and Jethro Tull when Simon is talking smack about flute not being manly or cool?

Plus Ian did it all standing on one leg. (Saw the Tull in concert back when.)

• Love 1
12 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Plus Ian did it all standing on one leg. (Saw the Tull in concert back when.)

Right! Me too, at Boston Garden multiple times in the 70s.

• Love 1

I was so excited to see the rat act! Rats are amazing, smart little creatures, very similar to having pocket-sized puppies. There are some very cool videos of rat tricks on YT. My daughter had 4 and we rat proofed her bedroom so they could have lots of playtime outside their habitat. They have NO concept of personal space! lmao Given the slightest opportunity, they will run up your pant leg, try to nose their way into your bra, etc. One of ours would always try to groom my eyelashes and brows. So the crotch run didn't faze me a bit. 

The boy on the guitar was mesmerizing. He's the first act this season I want to Google videos of.

The dogs weren't half as good as the Olate Dogs. I thought the choir sucked. I loathe choirs to the point that I'd rather see another precocious 12 year-old who's been dreaming of being a singer her whole life, though. And that's tough to beat in my lineup of acts I'd least like to see. 

• Love 3

The Tequila "comedian" was on Chicago radio yesterday. His name is Andy something, and he is from the Chicago area. He came to the radio station dressed as the cliché French guy: red beret, striped shirt, suspenders. He brought baguettes as a gift. Then he proceeded to do the entire interview in a REALLY BAD French accent, and I mean it was a horrible accent. The radio host told him, okay, we got it, you can drop the accent, but Andy continued to use it, pretending he really was "French". The radio host actually got mad at him, Andy was being such a jerky mcjerk about it. The host was still grousing about it today.

Anyway, I'd look for Tequila guy to be French guy next time he's on.

• Useful 1

I'm a bit late, but just watched this episode and expected some great snarky comments for Tequila guy. But people like him for some reason? I don't get it. It's by far the most low effort act they've ever shown.