Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: No Looking Back

• Start Topic

(edited)
17 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

I  honestly thought the name came from that wicked woman character from 101 Dalmatians. 

Cruella De Vil.

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
54 minutes ago, happy hobo said:

Hemingway wrote about the Running of the Bulls

Corey will be able to facechat about Running FROM the Pigs

and Paul will get LOTS of ink for just RUNNING!

A Hemingway reference in a 90-Day Fiance thread.

Wonders never cease.   :)

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Mr. South Korea has got to know that the instant pregnancy Deaven had come down with was a pre existing condition, right?

Not necessarily. I had sex *once* with a new boyfriend (hadn’t had sex for months). Condom slipped off so I got Plan B the very next day.  Two weeks later, at a check-up, the doctor notices something and asked if I could be pregnant.  Ugh. Yup. I was pregnant. Hadn’t even been late yet. Plan B failed me.  Pregnancy tests are very sensitive these days so Deavan could have easily found out with a home test that early.

• Love 1

Watch out, Sumit!

In 2014, an Indian family court in Mumbai ruled that a husband objecting to his wife wearing a kurta and jeans and forcing her to wear a sari amounts to cruelty inflicted by the husband and can be a ground to seek divorce. The wife was thus granted a divorce on the ground of cruelty as defined under section 27(1)(d) of Special Marriage Act, 1954.

Women In India

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Heh. Evilyn is a hundred times better at it than Azan ever dreamed of being.

Her biggest advantage has been in selecting her mark.  Azan choose poorly as Nicole has a kid and only makes Starbucks barrista money.

I wonder if he has a better sucker on the hook now?

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, PityFree said:

Not necessarily. I had sex *once* with a new boyfriend (hadn’t had sex for months). Condom slipped off so I got Plan B the very next day.  Two weeks later, at a check-up, the doctor notices something and asked if I could be pregnant.  Ugh. Yup. I was pregnant. Hadn’t even been late yet. Plan B failed me.  Pregnancy tests are very sensitive these days so Deavan could have easily found out with a home test that early.

The thing that what threw me off was that she claimed it was such a "strong" positive. I know the detection line gets stronger the farther along you are. It is possible but the story sounds a touch shady.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, millennium said:

Possibly by the time family members find out, the 90-Day'er is already in too deep.   I suspect that in the early stages these relationships are conducted furtively, like dirty secrets, until necessity pushes them into the light.

LOL, as ludwing was talking good sense I could literally see Laura's mind wandering.  No way did she listen to a single thing he said.

If we could have seen a thought bubble above her head it would have had a picture of aladin's abs, just like will.e.coyote always had a thought bubble of the roadrunner dressed up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

11 hours ago, Matty said:

Did anyone else cringe when Deaven told her little brat that she was going to meet Grandma and Grandpa? It's bad enough Tiffany's son calls a gambling addict fresh out of rehab Daddy.

This is a shade worse than Tiffany because at least Ronald WANTS to be a father to Daniel.  It misguided but he has at least shown some initiative.

Jihoons parents have shown no such interest.  So trying to force some intimate family bond with these people through her kid is pretty low when they don't seem to want anything to do with either of them.

8 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

The think that what threw me off was that she claimed it was such a "strong" positive. I know the detection line gets stronger the farther along you are. It is possible but the story sounds a touch shady.

SHE just seems shady.  How long after they met online did they meet in person?

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

https://starcasm.net/90-day-fiance-other-way-deavan-daughter-drascilla/

I posted this in the couples thread but Tiffany and Deaven are a couple of clueless mean girls and Jon is riding in on his white horse of thirst.

Ah youth.  Make fun of people in their 40s drinking wine who comment on their thirsty selves.  I remember being that simple.  When confronted just go with "you old and I'm young so HA."

BTW in Asian countries you don't put feet or shoes on counters where you prepare food.  Shoes are considered shit holders, which is why you take them off before you go in a house.  It seems common sense but it won't fly in Korea.  Good luck.

I'm so glad Tiff and Deaven have it all figured out and their lives are so amazing.  Good for them.  I thought my life was amazing but hell, I'm woke now to the good life.  Nods.

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Her biggest advantage has been in selecting her mark.  Azan choose poorly as Nicole has a kid and only makes Starbucks barrista money.

I wonder if he has a better sucker on the hook now?

I’d be surprised if either of them limit themselves to a single mark. 

• Love 3

Finally watched this:

Corey and Evelyn- SNORE; she's evil , he's stupid; together they are BORING.

Jenny and Sumit- They are cute together; they have a very Angela and Micheal vibe to them.  I wonder if he would eat a snail from her mouth to spare her the indelicacy of not trying a dish of a host?

Deavan and Jujitzu- Her child , Dracula , is a horror.  She's too busy trying to make herself look different than white trash on IG to parent her child.  If I had to spend hours seeing mommy do her makeup to whore herself out online to south korean men , I'd throw some bowls too.  He seems normal with sweet parents and dog; too bad he knocked her up and now has a child with mom of the year.

Tiffani and ronald- His mom is nice.  She should take that little boy back to the US and his other grandma, start a new life, and let Tifftiff and Roro piss their lives away.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I recall she said they talked online for 3 months, and then Jihoon came over in person.

Well, it's cutting it close, but if he is inexperienced or naive she could pawn a mystery baby on him.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 6:09 PM, RealReality said:

I wish people wouldn't bring their kids onto these shows.  Bratty kids make me ragey even though it's not their fault.  I'm sure she is going to holler to high heaven that people are bullying her kid , but damn, a little forethought before you put your bratty kid on TV.

So many harvestable organs...so little time.

5 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I posted this in the couples thread but Tiffany and Deaven are a couple of clueless mean girls and Jon is riding in on his white horse of thirst.

Welp!  I called it!  

Devan chooses to go on national TV with her brat child and no one is allowed to have an opinion and should "mind their own business"

And mixed in with a healthy dose of "oh yeah, not giving a shit and letting my kid run wild is a conscious parental choice, don't judge me!"

And co-signed by a bunch of other halfwits who think that their poorly behaved children are everyone else's problem.  FFS.

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
On 6/25/2019 at 3:51 AM, Spike said:

Jenny doesn’t want to be an auntie.  But she’s almost a great auntie.

In Indian culture 'auntie' is a term of respect/endearment given to someone older than you. At my book group  one of the Indian ladies (in her 50s) is called Auntie by the other Indian members of the group who are all younger than her.

So I think Jenny meant that she didn't want to be seen as an 'elder deserving of respect' by Sumit's peers.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Welp!  I called it!  

Devan chooses to go on national TV with her brat child and no one is allowed to have an opinion and should "mind their own business"

And mixed in with a healthy dose of "oh yeah, not giving a shit and letting my kid run wild is a conscious parental choice, don't judge me!"

And co-signed by a bunch of other halfwits who think that their poorly behaved children are everyone else's problem.  FFS.

You sure did! I was looking for your comment so I could quote you, but I guess my old drunk self couldn't find it😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

You sure did! I was looking for your comment so I could quote you, but I guess my old drunk self couldn't find it😂

Ha ha, you don't even have to worry, I was on it!

LOL....these bitches, I just can't.  

I guess loose parenting explains devans teeth.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

BTW in Asian countries you don't put feet or shoes on counters where you prepare food.  Shoes are considered shit holders, which is why you take them off before you go in a house.  It seems common sense but it won't fly in Korea.  Good luck.

I can't wait for Jihoon's parents to meet that hellion! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:36 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Heh. Evilyn is a hundred times better at it than Azan ever dreamed of being.

Hell, at least Azan isn't out and out mean to Nicole. That Evelin is a piece of work. The man she's supposedly loves is seeking a bit of comfort and affirmation that he's wanted and needed by and she can't even give him a halfhearted "yeah, cant wait for you to be here." I wish Corey well but if she's not some soul draining succubus and they turn out happy, I'll be surprised.

Edited by Lady Iris
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, essexjan said:

In Indian culture 'auntie' is a term of respect/endearment given to someone older than you. At my book group  one of the Indian ladies (in her 50s) is called Auntie by the other Indian members of the group who are all younger than her.

So I think Jenny meant that she didn't want to be seen as an 'elder deserving of respect' by Sumit's peers.

Well, that makes her stupider than we imagined. She's fucking 30 years older than they are and she looks 62. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Welp!  I called it!  

So one minute she's just a baby and the next she's able to help in the kitchen? She's so dumb. And Tiffany is an idiot. She hasn't allowed her child to grow up acting all uncivilized. She better hope people don't get on her ass about taking her child to South Africa to live with an addict and all that daddy crap.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I want to watch. I want to have new 90-Day handbags with newly-minted expressions embroidered on them. 

But I haven't yet been able to bring myself to view last season's off-putting Paul and the slatternly Kareeenie. 

And now there are Ecuador and India. 

Can this show please find someone gullible who lives in Monaco,  say,  or Tahiti? 😇

• Love 3
16 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

If Deaven is raising her daughter the same way she was raised then I’d reconsider doing so.  It did work out so well for her.  Unwed mother of two by 23, just what all parents want for their kids.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

BTW in Asian countries you don't put feet or shoes on counters where you prepare food. 

I know that Asian culture is very anti-shoe in homes, but staying off the counters and tables should be standard practice everywhere!! Barf. I know of no one who lets their children do this outside of TLC shows. 

Re: that article above. I don't think people should call a toddler nasty names, but her lazy mom is fair game. It's not Drusilla's fault that no one has established boundaries and taught her how civilized humans act inside and out of the home. I feel very sorry for her. She's the one who will suffer, as she's being set up for failure in just about every aspect of life.  

• Love 3

Curious as to why Deavan is going to Korean instead of Jihoon coming here. Some of them seem to have pretty valid reasons for moving to the country but her's doesnt' make too much sense, at least not yet.  Is it hard to get a visa from Korea?? 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Dmarie019 said:

Curious as to why Deavan is going to Korean instead of Jihoon coming here. Some of them seem to have pretty valid reasons for moving to the country but her's doesnt' make too much sense, at least not yet.  Is it hard to get a visa from Korea?? 

Maybe he couldn’t get a visa for his dog. You know, the little poodle mix that is HIS baby?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Maybe he wants to stay in Korea with his parents, and job, and the most adorable dog I've seen in a long time?     

Ah yes, the lucrative used phone store.  “This phone fucked!!!”

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Life here may not be much better.  Not sure what the health care system is in Korea, but nearly every other country has better health outcomes than the US and better academic performance*.

He seems to have a decent life in Korea and he is likely pretty connected to his parents.  He has a decent gig and he toodles around the city on his little scooter.  I'm not about big city living but it doesn't look bad.  I'm sure Devan has absolutely no job and no prospects.

LOL, was there anyone even trying to talk her out of this?  Did cousin uncle even put up any token resistance.  I kinda agree with people who said that her family may be happy to be rid of her and relieved that they will not longer be asked to babysit.

*I think the the academic performance is due to a confluence of factors, so this is not a dig at anyone

• Love 4
(edited)
36 minutes ago, RealReality said:

He has a decent gig and he toodles around the city on his little scooter.

Yeah, he’s going to need to trade that little scooter in for a FAMILY VAAAAAAN (tm Vicki on RHOC).

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Her parents want that more than likely always procreating daughter and "rambunctious" (yeah right) out the house.  Out of the state and country!

That chick is 22 an having her second kid?  She will be back an having a third with another guy by age 26.  And a fourth with a fourth guy by 30.  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 6

She said she likes Asian men. I think that’s an excuse. If she is attracted to Asian looks, there are tons of Asian men here in the US.My guess is that she is in a rut here in the US. Most guys I know would spend 5 minutes with that undisciplined terror and run for the hills. I think Deavan is a lot like her daughter. She wants to be the rebellious free thinking, free spirit and that’s great, but to what end? What’s her plan, what goals does she have? Spending hours making herself up, getting tattoos and taking pictures of herself to put on the internet? She’s on baby number two with a guy who repairs and sell broken cellphones, and is underwhelmingly enthusiastic about becoming a father. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, iwasish said:

She said she likes Asian men. I think that’s an excuse. If she is attracted to Asian looks, there are tons of Asian men here in the US.My guess is that she is in a rut here in the US. Most guys I know would spend 5 minutes with that undisciplined terror and run for the hills. I think Deavan is a lot like her daughter. She wants to be the rebellious free thinking, free spirit and that’s great, but to what end? What’s her plan, what goals does she have? Spending hours making herself up, getting tattoos and taking pictures of herself to put on the internet? She’s on baby number two with a guy who repairs and sell broken cellphones, and is underwhelmingly enthusiastic about becoming a father. 

But they had exciting protection less sex.  And her five year old loves to cook.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:48 AM, vmcd88 said:

Did Jenny say she didnt want to look like someone's auntie? 

I've been watching "Made in Heaven" on Amazon Prime (great series, btw) and learned that in India any woman older than you is referred to as "auntie" and men are referred to as "uncle." Jenny is automatically going to be Auntie to Sumit's contemporaries no matter how she dresses. 

• Useful 4
(edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 1:21 PM, lizajane said:There are lots of non-Mormons in SLC, but I wonder if her family were at one point. Just because Mormons love "unique" names.

I posted Deaven’s explanation of Drascilla's name origin and cutesy spelling on the Couples Thread. 

Edited by magemaud
13 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I've been watching "Made in Heaven" on Amazon Prime (great series, btw) and learned that in India any woman older than you is referred to as "auntie" and men are referred to as "uncle." Jenny is automatically going to be Auntie to Sumit's contemporaries no matter how she dresses. 

Didn't they say she is older than his parents? So his wife will be his parents' auntie?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

I think there's a creditable idea that she can escape fringy Mormon relatives, escape living with her parents and sibling, is Asian male crazy, and so...an escape to Korea looks pretty good.

Ignoring of course the language, culture and a myriad of other considerations.

Oh, plus maybe pin this questionable-lineage fetus on Jihoon.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, iwasish said:

.....or, she knew that there might be a way to pin her baby on some unsuspecting foreigner that comes from a culture where people may not have the full benefit of sex Ed.

• Useful 1

I am DYING to see Drisilla in Korea, (and that name is a no for me, Dog.  You’re either a wicked step sister or a Wiccan fairy princess). And i agree that timeline is wonky. Maybe instead of 3 weeks, he meant 3 months? It also seems odd to me that his parents are coming all the way to the US? What’s the point when Deavan is planning on moving to Korea? Have they shown Deavan and Drisilla in any previews actually being Korea? Do they even make it there?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Inga said:

I am DYING to see Drisilla in Korea, (and that name is a no for me, Dog.  You’re either a wicked step sister or a Wiccan fairy princess). And i agree that timeline is wonky. Maybe instead of 3 weeks, he meant 3 months? It also seems odd to me that his parents are coming all the way to the US? What’s the point when Deavan is planning on moving to Korea? Have they shown Deavan and Drisilla in any previews actually being Korea? Do they even make it there?

Have you seen mother Deavens blog? She thinks they are descendants from Salem Witches and loves it when her daughter poses as a Wiccan Pincess. She is an anti vaxxer conspiracy theory nut job.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Given the opportunity, these days I would flee the US. Korea is not a third world country. Devean is 22, at her age I can see her wanting the adventure. Even though the fact that she has a kid should make her more cautious, obviously it doesn't. 

1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Have you seen mother Deavens blog? She thinks they are descendants from Salem Witches and loves it when her daughter poses as a Wiccan Pincess. She is an anti vaxxer conspiracy theory nut job.

Oh, that's precious. She does know that the people imprisoned and executed in Salem were INNOCENT, right? Oh, I kill me. Of course she doesn't. 

I live in Salem. We have lots of Wiccans here. But everyone knows that there's no connection between the innocent people who were persecuted in 1692 and the modern witches who are here because they are drawn to the energy of the town. (it is a magical place!)

And of course she's an anti vaxxer. Of course she is. She's probably into essential oils, crystals, and ley lines. She is nutty as an Almond Joy and I cannot wait to see her blossom in her full, crackpot glory. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

That chick is 22 an having her second kid?  She will be back an having a third with another guy by age 26.  And a fourth with a fourth guy by 30.  

I learned on one of the judge show threads recently that in modern vernacular (urban dictionary) we would call her a 4x4.  Four children, four different fathers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6