Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: The Truth Comes Out

• Start Topic

(edited)
7 minutes ago, renatae said:

The whole screen thing seems weird. I noticed Colt was acting very cagey when Debbie asked him what happened. I don't recall him ever defending Larissa's behavior, so I suspect he haf more to do with the screen and rummaging than she did. Maybe he let the cats at it, lol.

While that's a logical theory, I like the one where Colt is wearing Debbie's nightgown while sleepwalking and ends up slashing the screen as his unconscious self tries to get out of the house to get to his one true love.  It all feels very Bronte.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

I don't think it's expecting too much to expect your husband to be faithful.  Even if you aren't that into the spouse, you don't have to cheat on her.  You can just do nothing.  I've never seen Ashley do anything except defend Jay and want things to work with them.  His actions are indefensible.  But, she won't care. Eventually, she will overlook his indiscretions.  It's very unsafe though.  She needs to make arrangements for her kids to stay somewhere that's more stable.  She has zero judgment and isn't interesting in the least bit. Still, she's much better than Jay. 

I laughed at the idea that a broke asp Paul would waste money on flowers at the airport.  That's an extravagance that people stretching dollars don't indulge in.  But, maybe, flowers are cheap in that country.  

I hate to say too much about Pedro's ability to process things on the show, because, I really wonder if he is intellectually impaired. I don't disparage someone due to a disability.  So, I'll just say that he needs to stay near home with family.   

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I rewatched this and Colt is scary "I don't want the police to be called again, you know what I mean?" The coldness in his eyes told me everything about that situation. Colt was threatening her, Larissa is nutty but Colt is a damn sociopath. He loves lording his citizenship over her head.

I agree.  

• Love 15
17 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think there is a good chance Pedro is surprised as hell and had no idea that Nicole had really set him up.  He was drunk as hell when he was doing that, and while a camera crew was there I imagine he thought he'd have time to explain it or it wouldn't be worth explaining because they would be divorced.

I knew Nicole hates Chantal and thinks her hair is ugly, but damn that you want to get back so bad that you would do that to your brother?  That seems cold. 

Id be surprised if i were him.  I also wonder under what circumstances obed and Nicole show up when Pedro said he was going to spend time with his family?  Is this going to be some sort of surprise drop in? 

I think you are right that he was set up, so to speak, by his sister. She is one malicious girl. I believe he had no idea she was going to drag out that video. However, I'm almost positive that girl he was sitting on top of in that scene was the same girl he was grinding.

Looks to me, too, like Obed and Chantel showed up unexpectedly for a possible confrontation.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't think it's expecting too much to expect your husband to be faithful.  Even if you aren't that into the spouse, you don't have to cheat on her.  You can just do nothing.  I've never seen Ashley do anything except defend Jay and want things to work with them.  His actions are indefensible.  But, she won't care. Eventually, she will overlook his indiscretions.  It's very unsafe though.  She needs to make arrangements for her kids to stay somewhere that's more stable.  She has zero judgment and isn't interesting in the least bit. Still, she's much better than Jay. 

I think the problem is all the warning signs were already there and she ignored them.  She actually sanctioned him cheating on her if it was over there.  Warned by a friend.  She still married him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Was I the only one who gave side eye to Pao for being completely naked for that whole scene? Imagine how many people were in that room: production, camera crew, etc...and she is laying there completely exposed to all of them. I get that there is little modesty during childbirth;  it is childbirth, after all. Put a top on or at least cover up the upper body with a blanket or towel. Maybe I am old fashioned though.

Pao is an espicy Colombian, don’t try to change her!! We’ll see plenty titties while she is feeding her son. 

• LOL 4
17 hours ago, RealReality said:

The beauty if colt is that I think he is most unsquirrley in these situations.  Larissa is the one who is upset and probably yelling about something and acting crazy.  So they are faced with an angry kinda crazy woman who they can barely understand.  And calm Colt who "didn't do anything wrong and was just trying to talk through their problems ..". And guess who ends up arrested. 

Given Larissa's temper, it's more likely she would get tased or shot. 

I've always been suspicious of the fact that it's always Larissa getting arrested when she is the one saying she's being attacked or whatever. It's probably his super calm demeanor, then he makes claims to the police she knows nothing about and he later denies it.

I do believe he was threatening her when he said "we don't want you getting arrested again, do we?"

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, renatae said:

I think you are right that he was set up, so to speak, by his sister. She is one malicious girl. I believe he had no idea she was going to drag out that video. However, I'm almost positive that girl he was sitting on top of in that scene was the same girl he was grinding.

Looks to me, too, like Obed and Chantel showed up unexpectedly for a possible confrontation.

Even if he didn’t expect Nicole to share the video, he knew the TLC cameras were there.  So it was only a question of when not if Chantel saw the dirty dancing.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, renatae said:

The whole screen thing seems weird. I noticed Colt was acting very cagey when Debbie asked him what happened. I don't recall him ever defending Larissa's behavior, so I suspect he haf more to do with the screen and rummaging than she did. Maybe he let the cats at it, lol.

I thought in the episode where he refused to give her 240 dollars for the hair she was shown searching the house for stray money.  That may have been what she was doing in Debbies’s room.  Maybe she lost her balance and slashed the screen with her talons.  Or maybe it was spite when she couldn’t scrounge enough dough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, renatae said:

I'm sure Debbie's room is upstairs, she flounced up the steps at least twice when she argued with Larissa, "I'm DONE!" (and threw down the severed hand on her way)

For the life of me, I can't figure out the reasoning behind slashing the window screen no matter how it happened. (But we're not dealing with rational and reasonable people, are we?) 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

've never seen Ashley do anything except defend Jay and want things to work with them.

I can only recall Ashley defending Jay before the wedding, and since the Tinder incident we've have only seen her ice queen performance along with streams of profanity.  Of course there have never been any rational discussions on how they want their lives to go, this is TLC afterall!  I thoroughly dislike both of them.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, RealReality said:

I don't think so, he can't control what Nicole does and what is he supposed to do, tell his sister not to make any contact with him?

Again, Chantal put all this in motion by showing up where she was begged not to go.  For someone who crows about family togetherness, how did she think she was going to promote healing between the families by showing up dragging Pedro away from the little time be can spend with his family and insisting he spend it with her and that they not see his family?

First, she owes Nicole an apology for setting her up, which she did.  Second, even if she didn't OWE Nicole an apology, sometimes you just suck it up and apologize for the greater good.  The same way Pedro sucked it up and generally apologized though he wasnt at fault for starting that fight.  And Pedro asked her numerous times to just do that for him .  The way she always expects him to show up at her family gatherings and get shit on for her.

Pedro tried to do what you suggested and let everyone hate everyone else from a distance.  As he begged and pleaded with Chantal not to come to the DR.

So yeah, this is all her fault.

But, Nicole was at least as awful as Chantel, probably more so.  If anything, they should have apologized to each other.  But, from a practical standpoint, that was never going to happen.  Pedro should just accept that fact that his family is never going to get along and try to keep them separate as much as possible.  But, he seems to enjoy having them fight over him. 

Trying to force Chantel to apologize to Nicole, but not asking Nicole to apologize to Chantel demonstrates that he puts his sister ahead of his wife.  There is a strange, almost incestuous, bond between Pedro and Nicole, that most wives would not put up with.   

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, renatae said:

I assumed the rummaging was part of Larissa's search for hairdresser money.  She was going through all the drawers downstairs looking for (somebody else's) money to pay for her $240 hair appointment.  

I can't figure out the deal with the screen, and it is starting to bother me. :)  Could something have been thrown by one of the lovebirds that missed the other and went through the screen?  I can't think of any practical reason, other than pure vandalism, for either of them to intentionally cut through it  

I guess it is also possible that Colt rummaged, after the arrest, looking for bail money for his beloved wife.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
17 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't see why Chantal owes his sister an apology any than she owes Chantal one.

But that's just the point.  Apologies at this point are meaningless, so why not be the bigger person, the adult in the room, and fake-apologize, since that's what the little baby on the other side is demanding before things can get better?  Isn't it more important for Pedro and Chantel to save their marriage than to fight forever over who did what to whom?

"Mother Chantel, I'm truly sorry for what my sister did to your family.  Please accept my deepest apology."

Mother Chantel, shocked into silence, stares open-mouthed at the camera because now there is no basis for her trying to find dirt on her son-in-law.

And what has this cost Pedro?  Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Conversely, Mother Chantel sez, through gritted teeth, "Pedro, I'm so sorry for what happened at that dinner party."

(Note:  no skin off Mother Chantel's ass)

Pedro, who is more sensible than Mother Chantel, "Thank you--and I'm sorry for my family's part in it.  I hope we can start over now."

Problem solved.  No need to thank me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

But, Nicole was at least as awful as Chantel, probably more so.  If anything, they should have apologized to each other.  But, from a practical standpoint, that was never going to happen.  Pedro should just accept that fact that his family is never going to get along and try to keep them separate as much as possible.  But, he seems to enjoy having them fight over him. 

Trying to force Chantel to apologize to Nicole, but not asking Nicole to apologize to Chantel demonstrates that he puts his sister ahead of his wife.  There is a strange, almost incestuous, bond between Pedro and Nicole, that most wives would not put up with.   

If he enjoyed his family and Chantal fighting he would not have begged her not to come to the DR.  She insisted and persisted in spite of being asked repeatedly to stay home.  So Pedro DID try to keep everyone separate, but Chantal decided to show up anyways for work on her marriage by acting as miserable as she does in the US.

Nicole a) is nearly 10 years younger than Chantal and b) may have been bratty, but certainly didn't set Chantal up to get set upon by the four other assholes who comprise Chantals family and c) people can apologize because what they did was wrong, no matter what someone else does or did a person can apologize for their own wrongs.

He asked Chantal to apologize for a dinner where Nicole was set up, humiliated, hurt and had her weave pulled out with Mama Chantal screaming about calling immigration.  The same way he apologized at the reunion even though he didn't start that fight.  

And yeah, Chantal owes her an apology for that.  Nicole was a guest, in what world do you put a guest, even one you don't like, in such an awful situation?  Chantal showing up uninvited and unwanted to the DR doesn't put her in the same position as a guest, literally no one but thirsty obed wanted her there.  In contrast, she agreed to host Nicole as her guest and she put her in the middle of an awful situation.

Chantal who crows about family togetherness could have coughed out a basic apology for the sake of family peace.  As Pedro pointed out, if she only wanted to work on things between the two of them and she was going to refuse to choke up a basic apology they can do that at home......where she should have stayed.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, Mothra said:

But that's just the point.  Apologies at this point are meaningless, so why not be the bigger person, the adult in the room, and fake-apologize, since that's what the little baby on the other side is demanding before things can get better?  Isn't it more important for Pedro and Chantel to save their marriage than to fight forever over who did what to whom?

"Mother Chantel, I'm truly sorry for what my sister did to your family.  Please accept my deepest apology."

Mother Chantel, shocked into silence, stares open-mouthed at the camera because now there is no basis for her trying to find dirt on her son-in-law.

And what has this cost Pedro?  Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Conversely, Mother Chantel sez, through gritted teeth, "Pedro, I'm so sorry for what happened at that dinner party."

(Note:  no skin off Mother Chantel's ass)

Pedro, who is more sensible than Mother Chantel, "Thank you--and I'm sorry for my family's part in it.  I hope we can start over now."

Problem solved.  No need to thank me.

I remember Pedro apologizing for the dinner at the reunion.  And mama Chantal/father Chantal refused to do the same, because they are trash human beings.

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Natalie68 said:
15 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I rewatched this and Colt is scary "I don't want the police to be called again, you know what I mean?" The coldness in his eyes told me everything about that situation. Colt was threatening her, Larissa is nutty but Colt is a damn sociopath. He loves lording his citizenship over her head.

I agree.  

Me too.  That was a chilling moment, and showed Colt's true colors.  He love to strike the match and set Larrisa off, then stand back and act like the injured party.

That was totally a threat.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, lh25 said:

Me too.  That was a chilling moment, and showed Colt's true colors.  He love to strike the match and set Larrisa off, then stand back and act like the injured party.

That was totally a threat.

I really hadn't seen that until now, but yeah I think you guys are right.  

And him walking in on her without so much as a courtesy knock let's her know that he will continue to force interaction with her.  Which will invariably lead to him gaslighting her and her ending up in jail if she doesn't acquiesce to whatever weird shit he wants. 

Yuck.  

I wouldn't be surprised if he had never sent in her adjustment of status paperwork or whatever that would allow her to get a job.  How else would he keep her home and under his or Debbie's watchful eye.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I remember Pedro apologizing for the dinner at the reunion.  And mama Chantal/father Chantal refused to do the same, because they are trash human beings.

No "I'm sorry" but he did admit he was wrong and should have just left. 

MotherChantel apologized "for snatching his sister's weave out BUT" she "needed to protect her children."

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Drogo said:

MotherChantel apologized "for snatching his sister's weave out BUT" she "needed to protect her children."

My memory!

I would count that as like a 90% apology on Pedro's side and at least owning his part in the mess.

I guess mama Chantal apologized?  And just LOL that she had to pull out Nicole's weave to try to protect punk ass river from a beating.  Confused as to how pulling out a weave protected anyone.

But, I stand somewhat corrected as mama Chantal apologized for something.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Her mother saying she thought they were creating a wonderful blended family shows how either delusional or stupid she is. 

Why is Chantel so annoyed that Pedro’s mother says that if he is unhappy he should come home (to the DR), is that any different than her parents claiming over and over that Pedro only married her for the opportunity to harvest the American dollar? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Her mother saying she thought they were creating a wonderful blended family shows how either delusional or stupid she is. 

Why is Chantel so annoyed that Pedro’s mother says that if he is unhappy he should come home (to the DR), is that any different than her parents claiming over and over that Pedro only married her for the opportunity to harvest the American dollar? 

Yeah, it seems odd to get upset over that when everyone in her family is convinced that he married her solely for a green card and to live and work in the United States.  If his family is encouraging him to come home it seems to fly in the face of that.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Nobody should ever have to apologize for pulling out another person's weave, on national television.  That is the sort of moment we live for. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, iwasish said:

"Everything is different when Americans do it."  -FamilyChantel

• Love 5
18 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Coltee and Larissa are both awful.  I can't believe Coltee was shocked and saddened to learn that Larissa only wanted him to get a green card so she could get a job and make money for her family back in Brazil.   He actually thought there was going to be love.  MAYBE THAT DELUSION IS THE PREMISE OF THIS SHOW.  For some reason they feel like they can "buy" via green card somehow outside of their age/attractiveness zone and it someone becomes a love marriage.

I'm not surprised that Larissa is the one that keeps getting arrested.  She's too shrill and dismissive.   Coltee looks the part of a bumbling nerd with his soft voice and doughy body....one scratch on him looks like a gaping wound I'm sure.  The police will side with the wounded one….that one is always conveniently Coltee.   That dude is a sick manipulator.

bolded part: Omg, you nailed it!  And delusional loveless sad sacks will keep this show running for years :O ....

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, renatae said:

I've always been suspicious of the fact that it's always Larissa getting arrested when she is the one saying she's being attacked or whatever. It's probably his super calm demeanor, then he makes claims to the police she knows nothing about and he later denies it.

I do believe he was threatening her when he said "we don't want you getting arrested again, do we?"

I was impressed by Larissa telling him: You know the laws, you know the language, you are a citizen, you (have the upper hand), YOU SHOULD BE PROTECTING ME.  Coltee has clearly lead her right into these arrests.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Colt is a bastard. If he hadn't found Larissa, who was clearly getting a bit long in the tooth and desperate to get the hell out of Brazil, he'd probably have hookers buried in the basement. He does not want love. He wants control over a woman, and he wants a woman to do exactly as she is told, when she is told. He is threatening her with deportation and keeping her from working. She is a hostage.

• Love 23
7 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I was impressed by Larissa telling him: You know the laws, you know the language, you are a citizen, you (have the upper hand), YOU SHOULD BE PROTECTING ME.  Coltee has clearly lead her right into these arrests.

Larissa spends hours on the internet talking to who knows who or visiting various websites. We have no idea if someone is coaching her in how to get Coltee arrested for DV. Problem is she’s so hot tempered, she gets herself riled up and it backfires. She’s dumb enough to be filmed rummaging thru Colt and DEBBIE’S possessions and saying that she’s looking for money. If any did turn up missing she could be charged with theft.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Personally I doubt she was trying to get Coltee arrested on DV charges...until the 3rd one.  But of course, that seems out of desperation.

As to whoever was tearing through Debbie's room, I'm not sure it was filmed (we didn't see) and only have Coltee blaming Larisssa.  Perhaps...HE WAS trying to frame HER!

*I bet the camera crew was not on-site at the time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Personally I doubt she was trying to get Coltee arrested on DV charges...until the 3rd one.  But of course, that seems out of desperation.

As to whoever was tearing through Debbie's room, I'm not sure it was filmed (we didn't see) and only have Coltee blaming Larisssa.  Perhaps...HE WAS trying to frame HER!

*I bet the camera crew was not on-site at the time.

First, it is hot as hell in Las Vegas so why would the window be open for the screen to be damaged?  If the window was shut the glass would have been broken.

If Larissa was going to damage something of Debbie's it would have been the slot machine.

Debbie's room was a mess as was Colt and Larissa bedroom, ick.  I could not get it on with Colt (without being euthanized) in a room that looked like that, just gross.

Larissa rummaging thru drawers looking for loose change was hilarious, like there would be any loose change in that house!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 6/26/2019 at 7:42 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

Nobody should ever have to apologize for pulling out another person's weave, on national television.  That is the sort of moment we live for. 

Well, of course no one should apologize to me, I was sufficiently entertained.  

Nicole might not have been as amused.

Like when I see Paul run, he should never apologize for that....it's hilarious.

But, he should apologize to his son for passing on those genes.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, iwasish said:

Larissa spends hours on the internet talking to who knows who or visiting various websites. We have no idea if someone is coaching her in how to get Coltee arrested for DV. Problem is she’s so hot tempered, she gets herself riled up and it backfires. She’s dumb enough to be filmed rummaging thru Colt and DEBBIE’S possessions and saying that she’s looking for money. If any did turn up missing she could be charged with theft.

Getting someone arrested on a DV has so many variables that if that's her angle she should stop.  I don't think it is though.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

First, it is hot as hell in Las Vegas so why would the window be open for the screen to be damaged?  If the window was shut the glass would have been broken.

The fight happen in October.  The weather could have been nice in LV at that time and the window opened. 

But the torn screen was weird.   Sure there was much more to the story that we know.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/24/2019 at 4:41 PM, jacksgirl said:

Had to look it up because I thought Libby said she had to learn more Romanian. Turns out the two languages are the same. Learn something new everyday and I sure hope this comes up in a trivia question sometime I will crush the competition.

Yes. Moldava used to be a part of Romania till the Sovjets came. Now Russian is a 2nd language due to a lot of Russian migrants during the communist era. 

Andrei speaks quiet strange romanian. Slow and as he needs to think about the words. His dad does that not so I think Andrei grew up talking a lot of Russian.

Another trivia for you 🙂

Though Romanian is written in the Latin alphabet, in Moldava they use Cyrillic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The whole Ashley meeting the guys (tgs) scene looked very staged. If I recall correctly, she first said that she contacted them to see if they have info about Jay. Then she mentioned tgs wanted to tell her something. She mentioned that she never met them but when having the conversation one of tgs calls her Ash. Maybe it is normal in (that part of) the USA but for me it sounded way to collegial. I guess they were reacting the real conversation.

Anyway, 0 pity for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/25/2019 at 6:15 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I hate to say too much about Pedro's ability to process things on the show, because, I really wonder if he is intellectually impaired. I don't disparage someone due to a disability.  So, I'll just say that he needs to stay near home with family.   

I'd never attest to him being a genius, but I will point out that he's dealing with everything in his second language that he's not exactly fluid in.  So I tend to cut him a break on that one, as to listen, process, translate, process, formulate response, process, translate, process, speak is a lot of steps. 

On 6/25/2019 at 6:23 PM, renatae said:

Nicole is a flat-out mean girl shark.  And yes, that is grindy girl.

On 6/25/2019 at 6:49 PM, Spike said:

Maybe she lost her balance and slashed the screen with her talons.  Or maybe it was spite when she couldn’t scrounge enough dough.

On 6/25/2019 at 6:57 PM, magemaud said:

For the life of me, I can't figure out the reasoning behind slashing the window screen no matter how it happened. (But we're not dealing with rational and reasonable people, are we?) 

My theories on the slashed screen:

1. She was going to throw the slot machine out the window but realized it was too much effort.

2. It's the window facing any patrol car that would be pulling up, so it gave the impression of major domestic unrest because her husband was keeping her captive.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:38 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

People harbor very strange and impossible ideas about their families, especially when you're in a situation where not everyone gets along; it's not unusual to think it will all work out once a baby is born or people realize how much you love your spouse/sister/mother/whatever.  These things rarely happen, but the hope/delusion lasts.

On 6/26/2019 at 9:33 AM, RealReality said:

If he enjoyed his family and Chantal fighting he would not have begged her not to come to the DR.  She insisted and persisted in spite of being asked repeatedly to stay home.  So Pedro DID try to keep everyone separate, but Chantal decided to show up anyways for work on her marriage by acting as miserable as she does in the US.

... (snip) ...

Chantal who crows about family togetherness could have coughed out a basic apology for the sake of family peace.  As Pedro pointed out, if she only wanted to work on things between the two of them and she was going to refuse to choke up a basic apology they can do that at home......where she should have stayed.

And then she got to the DR and Pedro insisted on a Trust and Reconciliation Tour with his family.  He could have easily convinced Chantel there was nothing amiss, spent a couple of days "working on their relationship" (whatever that means), appeased her and sent her on his way and completely avoided all this by not insisting she meet with his mother and sister.  Chantel certainly wasn't looking to be anywhere near his family - she even booked a hotel so she wouldn't have to be near them.  Pedro insisted.  

That said, family togetherness matters.  Just as long as they're together, with her family.  And all of these people need to apologize to each other.  And us.  

On 6/26/2019 at 10:17 AM, iwasish said:

It can be two things.

On 6/26/2019 at 10:26 AM, RealReality said:

Yeah, it seems odd to get upset over that when everyone in her family is convinced that he married her solely for a green card and to live and work in the United States.  If his family is encouraging him to come home it seems to fly in the face of that.

Yeah, but he *has* the green card and can come and go and it doesn't matter anymore if he's married to her. 

On 6/26/2019 at 11:32 AM, MajorNelson said:

Again ... icky power dynamics ... 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Can I say that Larissa’s barbed wire arm tattoo is particularly ugly?  That is all.

Yes, you may.

As I said the other day, 90s nostalgia being hot does not give anyone the right to show off and be proud of their terrible tribal and barbed wire tats they got in college. (I kid.)

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Spike said:

Can I say that Larissa’s barbed wire arm tattoo is particularly ugly?  That is all.

I always thought that was a Prison thing, like the teardrop on your cheek, but I just Googled it and learned that sometimes people use it to signify Jesus's crown of thorns. I highly doubt if that was Larissa's intent, though. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2

Re:  River as rapper.  Wouldn't it be funny if he took cheers from his mother's cheerleading school and used them to rap?  "California oranges, Texas cactus, we play your team just for practice.  Bitch."

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, LGGirl said:

The fight happen in October.  The weather could have been nice in LV at that time and the window opened. 

I think Fight #2 was in November, definitely after Halloween and when Colt picked Debbie up at the airport from her "holiday" she was wearing a long sleeved turtleneck, so I wouldn't be surprised if the window was open and the screen was down. 

(edited)

So, when we were watching the show my wife had to go to the bathroom and I paused the dvr. I think I caught the real Ashley, so I made a pic of it , from which I made a screen shotLol. (As the opposite to 90 days, here nothing was scripted).

20190628_081232.jpg

Edited by DutchbutnoJesse
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Mothra said:

Re:  River as rapper.  Wouldn't it be funny if he took cheers from his mother's cheerleading school and used them to rap?  "California oranges, Texas cactus, we play your team just for practice.  Bitch."

"When you come to our crib you best not deceive, or we'll yank out your m*****f***ing weave!"

• LOL 12
(edited)
On 6/24/2019 at 2:27 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Not to get too off, but, I have seen prosecutors subpoena victims as witnesses and they do not give you a choice about it.  Refusal is not really your option.  <snip>

Spousal privilege: one cannot be compelled to testify against one's spouse applies to domestic violence charges, too.

On 6/25/2019 at 8:56 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

Apparently they had enough credit limit to but the airline tickets, so they will deal with the financial implications in a month when the bill comes.  They might need to borrow from Father Libby at that point to pay the bill or the rent.   

Libby said, as an aside, something about the money being needed to pay rent/bills, which to me made it sound like they did have the money in their account, but it was earmarked for the next round of rent/bills - IOW, they didn't use a credit card to pay for the ticket.

On 6/25/2019 at 10:58 AM, AZChristian said:

<snip>

If they had called the airline on which Father Andrei was flying and asked them if anyone could help him, the airline would surely have recommended TA.  

Nope. I worked for a major commercial airline for 22 years, and began my career as a Reservations Sales Agent. When you call an airline - any airline - using any phone number for that airline, you are speaking to a Reservations Sales Agent in one of their consolidated reservations offices. IOW, even if the number is a local number and listed as the phone number for that airline at the airport, you are not speaking to an agent at the airport.

That being said, Traveler's Aid - their existence or what they do - was never mentioned in our training when I was hired.

And, when I became a Reservations Sales Agent Instructor a decade later, Traveler's Aid wasn't a part of the curriculum.

90% of my students were kids 18-20 years old, who really didn't know what they wanted to do with their lives. So they thought working for an airline and sticking with it until they got their flight benefits at 6 months, taking a few trips, and then quitting to do something else, sounded like fun.

IOW, they weren't already seasoned travelers who would have known about Traveler's Aid from their own travel experience prior to getting hired, either.

Also, someone mentioned Andrei's father would have been entitled to hotel and meal vouchers. Not necessarily. His original ticketed flight from Istanbul to JFK was cancelled due to a mechanical issue, and I suspect he was rebooked on a flight on a different airline than the airline on which he was originally ticketed for that leg. (International flights are less frequent and an international airline wouldn't have two flights Istanbul to JFK leaving within a few hours of each other).

Therefore, it wouldn't be the responsibility of the airline he ultimately used to fly Istanbul to JFK to provide him with hotel/meal vouchers, it would be the responsibility of the airline he was ticketed for originally to provide them - if that carrier's rules allowed that. (International carriers vary as to whether they offer hotel/meal vouchers and under what circumstances they provide them).

So, if the carrier Andrei's father was originally ticketed on from Istanbul to JFK would have provided hotel/meal vouchers at JFK due to the cancellation of his flight, Andrei's dad would have had to have asked for those vouchers in Istanbul, at the time the airline was rebooking/reticketing him on another airline, or at the ticket counter for that airline (the airline on which he was originally ticketed) at JFK when he arrived - if their ticket counter was still open.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Corrected a misspelled word
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7

1.  Too many Slut People on this show.

2.  Does anyone else crack up when they show the clip of Sea Urchin, furious, telling Nicole "You will not disrespect me on this day."  Then, flouncing, "Good night!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 4