Type keyword(s) to search

WTF moments on the View

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I keep remembering random wtf moments, lol. One time they were talking about being judged based on your name, particularly people of color. It was in reference to a YouTube video talking about "ghetto black names" (those were the words used). Raven-Symoné said she'd be "discriminatory" against someone with a name like Watermelondrea (her example) and that she wouldn't hire someone with that name. I remember being pissed off because 1) she's a woman of color and should know better and 2) it was just plain ignorant. On a superficial note she had the nerve to say that while looking like this: 

image.thumb.png.381890a5f5a48837ec77b947d67bc602.png 

Seriously though, it's a real problem for women of color - not being hired due to their name or their hairstyle. I remember years ago getting tips from a white woman and lawyer about appropriate attire for a job interview as a paralegal. I had long synthetic box braids at the time and she recommended I change the hair style because the lawyer at the firm was an older conservative white dude who would probably be put off by it (she didn't mind my hair at all, but it wasn't her firm).

Point being, Raven-Symoné was very often ignorant on the show. I guess being rich for so long makes some of these celebrities forget the plight of real people in real life... 

Yes, Raven was the stupidest person who's been on this show, at least until McCain came along. And that's saying something, considering how dumb Sherri, Elisabeth, McCarthy, and Candace are. Anyone else remember the day they were talking about some school officer who was abusive to a kid in their desk, throwing them (and the desk) all around on video? And Raven's only response was to shout at the child to get out of their desk! And not just stupid, she was often pretty gross, too... No surprise, Whoopi adored her.

11 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

The time Kelly Osbourne was on and they were talking about Trump's immigration policies. She said something along the lines of, "If Trump deports Latinos, who's going to clean your toilets?" Everybody was uncomfortable. She apologized later, of course. At the moment though I was like wtf, Kelly

And this happened right after she threw Giuliana Rancic or whatever her name is (I don't like her either) under the bus for some racist comment about Zendaya as an excuse to abandon Fashion Police when everyone knew her real reason was tumbling ratings--she didn't want to be wrapped up in the bad press. Couldn't have happened to a better person. Joan Rivers was the only reason I watched Fashion Police and endured those two women. They both had huge egos. I did like George though. He was let go after Rivers died. I've always suspected it was because Rivers liked him and they didn't, and they were happy to finally be running the show. Screw them. Nobody ever watched FP for either of those fake drama queens.

• Love 10

The very worst by far was BW saying  about 9/11 that just the “little people “ were in a building or floors or a restaurant. The important people hadn’t arrived yet. 

Barbara sharing that she spares her housekeeper by washing her own panties in the sink.  

Star calling  from LA to report on the surgery she had ( didn’t she have heart issues show up during surgery?)  she was giving a long organ recital and Joy said ok enough about you.  

Speaking of the born again virgin Star telling us all her favorite sleeping position was under BGA’s armpit.  Genius posters coming up with boyfriend pillows, the best! 

I am off to see if I can track down Joy hitting NeNe. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

The very worst by far was BW saying  about 9/11 that just the “little people “ were in a building or floors or a restaurant. The important people hadn’t arrived yet. 

I remember that.  BW was always a snob. Her always telling the audience thanks for standing in line waiting for us but of course we wouldn't do that for you.

I used to always watch the show live and I would see the women come out on stage one by one and if I saw BW I always thought well fuck.  The show IMO was better when she wasn't there. She could monopolize the conversation and go off on tangents not related to the topic they were discussing.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Let's not forget it was Barbara who spoke fondly of Assad, the president of Syria.

Egads, I'd forgotten that!

I guess Miss Walters has a soft spot for egomaniacs who pour on the charm for her! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

Egads, I'd forgotten that!

I guess Miss Walters has a soft spot for egomaniacs who pour on the charm for her! 

How about when Baba Wawa was trying to give Donald Trump the smackdown on the air after he told the world that Barbara regretted hiring Rosie and that she despised her. Baba Wawa denied it on the air and it was obvious that she was lying and Donald was telling the truth. Rosie knew it too..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

How about when Baba Wawa was trying to give Donald Trump the smackdown on the air after he told the world that Barbara regretted hiring Rosie and that she despised her. Baba Wawa denied it on the air and it was obvious that she was lying and Donald was telling the truth. Rosie knew it too..

That was the day she started the show by saying that little little man wasn't it?

• Love 5

As with other threads, keep all discussion about politicians and their families confined to what was said/discussed on The View.  

Thank you.

(edited)

Petition to get all episodes on a streaming service so we can have all these moments (and more) preserved.

this show is basically an ongoing pop culture time capsule.

Edited by geekburger
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 6/20/2019 at 12:08 PM, Alexis2291 said:

Point being, Raven-Symoné was very often ignorant on the show. I guess being rich for so long makes some of these celebrities forget the plight of real people in real life...

Rich, probably...but in Raven's case, being considered a "star" from the age of three.  She had a lot of attention, worked constantly, and didn't get to progress through childhood normally (as normally as possible) to adulthood.

• Love 7
On 6/18/2019 at 10:30 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Whoopie would also took it upon herself to tell Paula how to behave in her own marriage.

Married unsuccessfully several times, Whoopi would....

• Love 10
On 6/18/2019 at 1:06 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Elizabeth was a piece of work, she is marginally better than Megan but she was still awful. 

Only because she rarely (rarely!) shrieked and was rarely rude to her coworkers while at the table.  Awful is right!

• Love 6

When the professional athlete whipped his young son’s genitals, and Whoopi talked about giving a kid a “thump” when they needed it back in the day. She absolutely disgusted me. 

On 6/20/2019 at 1:45 PM, Blergh said:

To take the spotlight off of Miss O'Donnell for the moment. I've never forgotten (or forgiven) Miss Walters for shutting down any and all non-worshipful POV's of Tom Cruise by telling the others that he was a 'wonderful young man' (compared to her) and that was THAT! Yeah, shutting down others' POVs on a show that was supposed to promote 'differences' is but one reason she would have deserved one or more of the other co-hosts skipping her final tribute show! 

She also blindly defended Paris Hilton because she was friends with her mother. Barbara was a horrible snob. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

When the professional athlete whipped his young son’s genitals, and Whoopi talked about giving a kid a “thump” when they needed it back in the day. She absolutely disgusted me. 

She also blindly defended Paris Hilton because she was friends with her mother. Barbara was a horrible snob. 

Don't forget about Sherri using a wooden spoon on Jeffrey.  She even said she carried it with in case he misbehaved while they were out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 6/22/2019 at 1:13 PM, blondiec0332 said:

Don't forget about Sherri using a wooden spoon on Jeffrey.  She even said she carried it with in case he misbehaved while they were out.

Poor Jeffrey I wonder how he is faring . Doesn’t she know about spray bottles and shock collars? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 6/21/2019 at 4:17 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Ann Coulter of all people called her out on her ignorance about names when Raven tried to come for her in a political segment where she was the guest. Ann Coulter was actually very good in putting her in her place..

Agreed, I mean this is a perfect example of how bad Raven was, she had me very briefly siding with Ann Coulter on something, haha! It's worth posting the clip too. The way Raven phrased her question is so cringe-inducing!

1 hour ago, falltime said:

MM crying because scary Ilhan Omar.

Out of everything that has happened on The View this may be one of my biggest WTF-moments. But also glorious in how much deserved ridicule it brought to Meghan. The headlines on some of the articles afterwards were hilarious.

Speaking of headlines, another WTF-moment is of course Elisabeth crying over the use of racial slurs. Does anyone remember after that situation, Joy was hosting The Larry King Show and discussing the issue with Fran Drescher, and Fran was making fun of Elisabeth, so Hasselbeck rang in to admonish Fran on air? My favourite View-related headline came from that: "Even the Nanny hates Elisabeth Hasselbeck". 😂.

The question I have to ask is why does any show have as many WTF-moments as The View does? It's embarrassing when you think of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
On 6/22/2019 at 2:13 PM, blondiec0332 said:

And often, worrying (constantly*) about the punishment is worse then the actual punishment.

*She apparently threatened him all the time and he KNEW that spoon was in her bag.  Now THAT will be a tell-all!

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

Speaking of headlines, another WTF-moment is of course Elisabeth crying over the use of racial slurs. Does anyone remember after that situation, Joy was hosting The Larry King Show and discussing the issue with Fran Drescher, and Fran was making fun of Elisabeth, so Hasselbeck rang in to admonish Fran on air? My favourite View-related headline came from that: "Even the Nanny hates Elisabeth Hasselbeck". 😂.

The question I have to ask is why does any show have as many WTF-moments as The View does? It's embarrassing when you think of it.

I remember Bill Maher & maybe Letterman or another comic trying to do jokes about Elisabeth calling into Larry King, but they quickly got bogged down because nobody knew who Elisabeth Hasselbeck was.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)

Last week, Whoopi reminded me of a WTF moment with Sherri. 

Whoopi was lecturing that celebrities DON"T GET TO take naked photos of themselves and then complain when someone shares or hacks them.    Well, I recall Sherri saying how "everybody" takes a sexy photo, and sends it to their man.  She said she would take a photo of her boobs and send it with a message.  

The WTF moment was when Sherri was insisting that this was a normal thing that all women do.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Don't forget about Sherri using a wooden spoon on Jeffrey.  She even said she carried it with in case he misbehaved while they were out.

ahhhh the wooden spoon.  I remember that.  When my mom broke the wooden spoon she graduated up to a pingpong paddle hah.  It worked great, didnt hurt her hand, and achieved the ass result only too well heehee memories lol

• Love 3
On 6/20/2019 at 11:02 AM, blondiec0332 said:

I don't remember if it was the day EH had her morning after pill meltdown or another meltdown day but they had Chris Rock's mom on as a guest and after they did the intro announcing her EH stood up and looked to see her come on stage.  Chris Rock's mom was already sitting on the couch.

This clip always makes me laugh.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

On 6/21/2019 at 12:28 AM, athousandclowns said:

Star calling  from LA to report on the surgery she had ( didn’t she have heart issues show up during surgery?)  she was giving a long organ recital and Joy said ok enough about you.  

I thought that was pretty hilarious. Joy telling Star to "keep [her] tits perky!" and Star responding, "after all this time, you are still a bitch" as Meredith tried to talk over her.

There's a link below, but I think it's missing some context. I didn't watch The View then, so unless Joy really disliked Star, I'm not sure what caused all of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rybqL5yxjGE

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

I read the article but still am confused as to what a potato ball is.  If its a real potato, that could cause a lot of damage.

According to Gloria Estefan, these Cuban stuffed potatoes are like mashed potatoes stuffed with ground beef and fried.  Papa Rellenas. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

The WTF moment was when Sherri was insisting that this was a normal thing that all women do.  

I guess my WTF's are plural...the many times Sherri said (without a qualm) that she had so many abortions she lost count (not a direct quote).  My WTF isn't that she had them...but she was so naive to mention them (lost count) and then be so judgmental about others' religious beliefs and practices.

• Love 11
(edited)
16 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

According to Gloria Estefan, these Cuban stuffed potatoes are like mashed potatoes stuffed with ground beef and fried.  Papa Rellenas.

I need these, now.

Googled the recipe.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 8

OK, this is from way back in 2002, but here goes. There was talk from President George W. Bush's administration that Oprah Winfrey was to tour newly re/formed girls' schools in Afghanistan but it didn't pan out. Anyway, Star Jones spent a good part of the one show talking about a call from Miss Winfrey in which Miss Winfrey explained that it wasn't her fault that this tour never happened and that she felt used in the process.  Let's not forget that Miss Winfrey had her OWN show at the time! Here's what I think Miss Jones should have said/done instead of just parroting Miss Winfrey's claims. Miss Jones should have told her "Oprah, if you want folks to know your side of what happened here. Tell them  yourself on your OWN show! I'm not your spokeswoman or publicist and, just as you're claiming  that it had  happened to you, I don't like being used EITHER!"

• Love 3

I didn't watch today’s rerun of the Howard Stern episode, but i didn't forget wtf moment of the episode. Sunny and Howard finish their discussion about Sunny finding him offensive back in the day because he would use the n-word, MM follows with "Cindy McCain is my mother. I was never offended." She is beyond.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/24/2019 at 6:33 PM, Tammee said:

Don't forget about Sherri using a wooden spoon on Jeffrey.  She even said she carried it with in case he misbehaved while they were out.

ahhhh the wooden spoon.  I remember that.  When my mom broke the wooden spoon she graduated up to a pingpong paddle hah.  It worked great, didnt hurt her hand, and achieved the ass result only too well heehee memories lol

Heh, my mom used to swat my brother with a wooden spoon...not especially hard, but, yeah. He ran away from her once, and she couldn't keep up. They both ended up laughing (and my sisters and I laughing at both of them). She never hit him -- with a spoon or other implement -- again.

Edited by carrps
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, carrps said:

Heh, my mom used to swat my brother with a wooden spoon...not especially hard, but, yeah. He ran away from her once, and she couldn't keep up. They both ended up laughing (and my sisters and I laughing at both of them). She never hit him -- with a spoon or other implement -- again.

My mother never hit us with a wooden spoon...or any spoon, but she used many (MANY!) other implements.  She also stopped hitting me when I was finally able to outrun her.  My youngest sister once said, "Mother never spanked or hit us."  I said in WHAT house did YOU live?"  She hit us and beat us all the time!  She said, "Well, not after we were 12."  EGAD!   So the first twelve years equals "never"?  And still we considered our mother a hard-working, valiant woman.

• Love 2
On 6/29/2019 at 2:14 PM, ari333 said:

I remember Bits throwing food. I was horrified.

Takes more than that to horrify me...much more.  But I remember it and it just piled more crap on her idiocies.   Such a pretty face and figure--too bad.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was a kid in the 1950-60s, so our mother spanked us when we deserved it (and we turned out OK).  But I had a growth spurt so by the age of 14 I could do that Three Stooges move where you stretch your arm out straight and put your hand on top of the other person's head - they can swing but cannot hit your body and never seem to go for the arm.  So she stopped trying.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, falltime said:

I didn't watch today’s rerun of the Howard Stern episode, but i didn't forget wtf moment of the episode. Sunny and Howard finish their discussion about Sunny finding him offensive back in the day because he would use the n-word, MM follows with "Cindy McCain is my mother. I was never offended." She is beyond.

Did anyone on stage think to ask Miss McCain what THAT had to do with the price of tea in China?! Egads!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, TheView said:

Every time Abby opened her mouth. 

Well, I don’t know about that, but how about the fact that Abby Huntsman was only hired to be McCain’s emotional support animal? Has any other co-host ever been hired solely to soothe the feelings of someone else at the table before?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
On 7/1/2019 at 5:17 PM, HaaCHOO said:

My mother never hit us with a wooden spoon...or any spoon, but she used many (MANY!) other implements.  She also stopped hitting me when I was finally able to outrun her.  My youngest sister once said, "Mother never spanked or hit us."  I said in WHAT house did YOU live?"  She hit us and beat us all the time!  She said, "Well, not after we were 12."  EGAD!   So the first twelve years equals "never"?  And still we considered our mother a hard-working, valiant woman.

I was an only child, but my mom was one of nine and her older sister and mother would tag team to punish her physically. My mom spanked, and she would preface it with - Don’t run from me. I’m older and faster and I will catch you. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Well, I don’t know about that, but how about the fact that Abby Huntsman was only hired to be McCain’s emotional support animal? Has any other co-host ever been hired solely to soothe the feelings of someone else at the table before?

I think Rachel Campos-Duffy would've been better suited as Meggie's support animal. A far more rabid person than Abby. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TheView said:

I think Rachel Campos-Duffy would've been better suited as Meggie's support animal. A far more rabid person than Abby. 

Yes but then Rachel would get all the media attention for being the View brat and Meghan would never stand for that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, TheView said:

That's exactly why they went with Abby. They didnt want rabid. There's a reason Rachel was never a regular, despite trying out to replace Debbie and Lisa.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

I think I’m in the minority, but I really liked Jed.  

Well, I did not appreciate Jed when she was on, but I would 1000% be happier with her coming back than keeping the rude, spoiled brat Megsy

• Love 10
(edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 11:24 AM, cinsays said:

Well, I did not appreciate Jed when she was on, but I would 1000% be happier with her coming back than keeping the rude, spoiled brat Megsy

Yeah, Jed annoyed the crap out of me while she was on the show, but in retrospect she really jelled well with the other ladies despite their differences (not Whoopi though. It was obvious Whoopi didn’t like nor respect her). 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 1

The split screen was one of the worst and WTF moments I have ever seen. It also was the last show I ever watched of the View.

The strangest part that no one ever talks about was Joy coming out and coming up to the table and banging paper on the table and yelling George Bush is a war criminal (something like this). She had never done that before and it led to the fight between EH and Rosie.

I am not a conspiracy theorist but it seemed that a lot of people were involved in the fight. The cruelty and the fact that the Producer and others sided with the dumbest person I have ever heard in my life was too much and I gave up as soon as Rosie left.