Type keyword(s) to search

B99 In The News

• Start Topic

Since Fox probably won't promote this well, because its Fox, starting on May 9th 2-episodes of Brooklyn 99 will air each Tuesday. One episode airing during the time it airs now and then one directly following it.  This will continue until its season finale on May 23rd. 

I don't know how I feel about this. I'm happy that we will be getting two episodes of B99 per night, but the ratings already came back weak so double episodes are most likely going to hurt the show even more.

Fox renewed The Mick because it is the closest thing Fox has had to a new comedy success in the last two years, which is not saying much because Fox has continuously been failing with its comedies. Also, Fox was (and continues to be)  pretty enthusiastic about the show.  Prior to its premiere, the promotion they gave The Mick probably doubled (at least) the amount of promotion they've given all of their returning comedies combined this season.

Anyways, Fox screwed over B99, Lucifer, and Gotham this season (all shows that did pretty well, by Fox's standards, before they went on long hiatuses) because they were trying to find hits in new shows this season. The main problem is that since Fox got really lucky with Empire years ago, they haven't learned how to develop a good strategy and it negatively effects most/all of the shows on its network.  

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, betweenthebanter said:

Since Fox probably won't promote this well, because its Fox, starting on May 9th 2-episodes of Brooklyn 99 will air each Tuesday. One episode airing during the time it airs now and then one directly following it.  This will continue until its season finale on May 23rd. 

Thank you! I missed a bunch of the new John Lithgow comedy because they did this, and my DVR didn't catch it. No investment in that show, so I just deleted it from my recordings list. But if I'd missed it with B99, I woulda been MAAAAAAD.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

It could be sold into syndication after this season I believe. That will help its renewal chances even if the ratings aren't amazing. 

It's already been sold to TBS for syndication the deal was for the first 5 seasons so there is a good chance ot will get renewed. Otherwise the were just air the four seasons.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, betweenthebanter said:

I don't know how I feel about this. I'm happy that we will be getting two episodes of B99 per night, but the ratings already came back weak so double episodes are most likely going to hurt the show even more.

Fox renewed The Mick because it is the closest thing Fox has had to a new comedy success in the last two years, which is not saying much because Fox has continuously been failing with its comedies. Also, Fox was (and continues to be)  pretty enthusiastic about the show.  Prior to its premiere, the promotion they gave The Mick probably doubled (at least) the amount of promotion they've given all of their returning comedies combined this season.

Anyways, Fox screwed over B99, Lucifer, and Gotham this season (all shows that did pretty well, by Fox's standards, before they went on long hiatuses) because they were trying to find hits in new shows this season. The main problem is that since Fox got really lucky with Empire years ago, they haven't learned how to develop a good strategy and it negatively effects most/all of the shows on its network.  

They want to end it in May and have nothing to take The Mick's spot. This makes "Fox Sense"

So happy that we're getting a Season 5!

With how the ratings have been since the show returned from hiatus, I do think that next season will probably be the last. However, I'm really grateful that we have next season to look forward too and I'm excited to see B99 reach its 100 episode milestone next year!

• Love 1
On 5/12/2017 at 7:45 PM, betweenthebanter said:

So happy that we're getting a Season 5!

With how the ratings have been since the show returned from hiatus, I do think that next season will probably be the last. However, I'm really grateful that we have next season to look forward too and I'm excited to see B99 reach its 100 episode milestone next year!

I really hope they move it back to Sunday's and keep it there.

• Love 1

Delighted that they've renewed it. I was started to get a bit concerned that Fox were going to do their usual thing and cancel a great show, due to their own incompetence in marketing and airing it properly.

I've seen some complaints that the show isn't as funny this season, and I can kind of see what they mean. A little. There have been some episodes that have been disappointing, but most of them are still incredibly funny.

• Love 1

Chuck and Jericho are two examples of fans "saving" a show, but again, it's not about how many fans watch or how avid they are (see Sleepy Hollow for a prime example of how little fans count in the long run), it's all about money.  Get a back-end deal. get a toy deal, get a studio deal, get an international deal and you can beat the ratings (maybe).  That's it.

Of all those (not just B99) I've watched, Stephanie Beatriz's is probably my favorite! Guns and Ships is HARD! And I loved hearing her real voice. Second favorite was Jaime Camil from Jane the Virgin.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jeddah said:

I guess Buzzfeed liked their onion quiz shout-out from last night’s episode, because now there is a Brooklyn Nine-Nine themed onion quiz.

Spend A Whole Day At The Nine-Nine And We'll Tell You Which Type Of Onion You Are

I am sure the were since Chelsea's brother is co-founder of Buzzfeed but that quiz is in the community section so was created by a Buzzfeed user not one of their "official" quizzes.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am sure the were since Chelsea's brother is co-founder of Buzzfeed but that quiz is in the community section so was created by a Buzzfeed user not one of their "official" quizzes.

I know it's a community post. I still think it's funny that someone watched the show and then took the initiative to create a Brooklyn Nine-Nine onion quiz. It seems so meta.

Chelsea's brother cofounded Buzzfeed? I didn't know that!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Not sure what episode they are currently filming but according to her IG today was Chelsea's first day back.

They’re likely around mid season now filming so Jan/Feb I would guess if the show doesn’t take another winter break.

B99 isn't on Fox's winter schedule so after its mid-season finale, which I think will be two episodes airing back- to-back on December 12, the show probably won't return until March or April.

Also, January 4th is the official start date for B99 reruns to begin airing on TBS. I don't think they've released the times the episodes will be airing yet though.

Edited by betweenthebanter
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, betweenthebanter said:

B99 isn't on Fox's winter schedule so after its mid-season finale, which I think will be two episodes airing back- to-back on December 12, the show probably won't return until March or April.

Also, January 4th is the official start date for B99 reruns to begin airing on TBS. I don't think they've released the times the episodes will be airing yet though.

Bastards!!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

I hope the syndication numbers are great. I'm not ready for the show to end, I guess.

Syndication helped Big Bang Theory's new episode ratings a lot, bringing in new people who had never seen the show before, so I'm hoping it will have a similar positive ratings effect for B99. 

• Love 6
On 11/23/2017 at 11:50 PM, AnnaRose said:

Syndication helped Big Bang Theory's new episode ratings a lot, bringing in new people who had never seen the show before, so I'm hoping it will have a similar positive ratings effect for B99. 

But TBBT ratings weren’t as bad as B99, also they started near the new season premiere whereas B99 will be on hiatus when they start.

• Love 1

But often, if people find and like a show in syndication that's a current show, they'll also tune into the first run episodes.  Especially for a comedy where watching out of order isn't such a big deal.  The hiatus will give people more time to get hooked. ;)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AnnaRose said:

But often, if people find and like a show in syndication that's a current show, they'll also tune into the first run episodes.  Especially for a comedy where watching out of order isn't such a big deal.  The hiatus will give people more time to get hooked. ;)

A decision will be made about renewal before any impact would be felt.

35 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

A decision will be made about renewal before any impact would be felt.

Would it? If FOX waits until the last possible moment to decide on renewal, that could be all the way to May.

Just now, kariyaki said:

Would it? If FOX waits until the last possible moment to decide on renewal, that could be all the way to May.

Syndication usually doesn't instantly take off. It starts in January and they haven't even set a date for B99 to be back on the schedule. It would be very unlikely for there to be a noticeable uptick in FOXs ratings due to syndication so quickly. That's not to suggest it won' be renewed, I just doubt it will have anything to do with a ratings uptick. It's definitely not comparable to what happened with TBBT.

• Love 1
On November 25, 2017 at 4:38 PM, AnnaRose said:

But often, if people find and like a show in syndication that's a current show, they'll also tune into the first run episodes.  

True, but with people streaming more and watching less live tv, syndication isn't the boost it used to be.

On 12/10/2017 at 10:42 AM, ebk57 said:

The ET interview was great...until the part about Rosa and Gina.  No.  Just no.  

Rosa would be good at coddling Gina for a little while, but not for very long.

I think Stephanie gets it.