Type keyword(s) to search

B99 In The News

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, sonyab said:

Yeah I just found out and came on here to see if anybody is talking about it!!!! Great news! YAY! :) But they won't start until mid season. :( When in mid season?

After the new year. Probably launch it with February sweeps.

• Love 1

Does anyone think the NBC pick up will increase in their Emmy campaigns? They seem to be care a little more than FOX did already, and the show is definitely a funnier option than most, if not all, of the Emmy nominated comedies.

8 hours ago, shumalek said:

Does anyone think the NBC pick up will increase in their Emmy campaigns? They seem to be care a little more than FOX did already, and the show is definitely a funnier option than most, if not all, of the Emmy nominated comedies.

Probably not. NBC Parks and Rec and The Good Place also didn’t/don’t get the Emmy love they deserve. It’s also typically the studios that produce the shows not the networks that do the Emmy campaigns and that hasn’t changed.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Probably not. NBC Parks and Rec and The Good Place also didn’t/don’t get the Emmy love they deserve. It’s also typically the studios that produce the shows not the networks that do the Emmy campaigns and that hasn’t changed.

you're right. all 3 deserve emmy recognition too

• Love 1

Stephanie Beatriz will be voicing one of the characters in this season's Bojack Horseman (dropping on Neflix this Friday). Season 5 review

In the grand scheme of things, life is going well for BoJack. He’s starring in a new cop series called Philbert, and he’s falling into a relationship, of sorts, with his co-star – voiced by Stephanie Beatriz.

• Love 1

Brooklyn Nine Nine lost both of its Emmy nominations this year :(

They lost the Outstanding Stunt Co-ordination - Comedy award to GLOW, and Katt Williams from 'Atlanta' beat Sterling K. Brown for Outstanding Guest Actor - Comedy

Anyone watch the 99ers last night debut some new (& old) shows on NBC? It was kinda cute & a marketing genius plan showing thanks for being picked up by a new network. At least that's the just i got. 

Sorry, Amy Poehler, your new show looks dumb.

2 hours ago, rhys said:

Anyone watch the 99ers last night debut some new (& old) shows on NBC? It was kinda cute & a marketing genius plan showing thanks for being picked up by a new network. At least that's the just i got. 

Sorry, Amy Poehler, your new show looks dumb.

I watched it by chance, and it was cute. 

I agree about the Amy Poehler produced show. I giggled a few times, but name of the show is terrible. Additionally I feel like every movie/show with a mom in her 30’s always lately has her working in some trendy start up with young men who “just don’t get life” so she can impart her wisdom on them. 

I loved Stephanie Beatriz being all bubbly, and the comment that she is NOTHING like her character.  “Acting”. And I am sorry, but “...Title of your sex tape” will never get old for me.  It may have even come back around to even funnier all these years later.  All in all, the fact that they are pushing the show, even when it won’t be on until next year warms my cynical little heart.  And at least I will have The Good Place until then., which is forking awesome.

As too Amy Pohler’s show, I will give it a chance.  I did not laugh during the preview, but it is only the pilot, and I trust Amy.    And if it doesn’t work, I have too many shows anyway.  Especially on Thursday.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Chelsea Peretti set to depart the show in season 6

This news doesn't disappoint me in the slightest. Though I'll miss her scenes with Boyle, Gina is a character who did get on my last nerve. She could still make guest appearances, which is what I could tolerate, but I'm definitely good with her departure.

Yay! I've documented my dislike for her quite extensively, and the fact that she always 'won' her storylines, at the expense of other characters, irritated me a lot.

The only times I ever found her tolerable were in some scenes with Boyle, and some with Jake, where she was less unpleasant. But I absolutely will not miss the shitty way she treats Amy, or the inappropriate ways she interacted with Terry.

The question is, will they try to replace her with another administrative character? And if so, would they make the mistake of trying to find someone to recreate Gina's antagonistic presence?

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Yay! I've documented my dislike for her quite extensively, and the fact that she always 'won' her storylines, at the expense of other characters, irritated me a lot.

The only times I ever found her tolerable were in some scenes with Boyle, and some with Jake, where she was less unpleasant. But I absolutely will not miss the shitty way she treats Amy, or the inappropriate ways she interacted with Terry.

The question is, will they try to replace her with another administrative character? And if so, would they make the mistake of trying to find someone to recreate Gina's antagonistic presence?

Yay! Gina is *Jean-Ralphio voice* the woooooooooorst. One of the most obnoxious characters ever. She's pretty much the reason I stopped watching the show, and it sounds as if she hasn't improved in the interim.

Edited by Eyes High

Gina didn't really bother me like she did a lot of the posters here, and I occasionally found her quite funny.  But even so, I can't say I particularly missed that character during Chelsea's maternity leave... so I'm okay with her leaving the show.  Best of luck to Chelsea.  I think she's very talented.

• Love 12

I don’t dislike Gina, but I think the show went on just fine without her during Chelsea’s maternity leave. I like Chelsea, and I hope she goes on to great things. 

• Love 6

I liked Gina ok, she wasn’t my favorite but I didn’t hate her. But when she was gone for maternity leave I didn’t miss her presence at all. I’m not sure I could say that about any of the other characters, even Scully and Hitchcock. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Chelsea Peretti set to depart the show in season 6

This news doesn't disappoint me in the slightest. Though I'll miss her scenes with Boyle, Gina is a character who did get on my last nerve. She could still make guest appearances, which is what I could tolerate, but I'm definitely good with her departure.

Yeah, that really won't be a problem for me. Love the show, but it seems like Gina has always been the odd character out for the show..

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Yes.  Thank you. You said this exactly how I feel.  She was such a writers' pet.  I hate characters like that and on top of it she was mean-spirited.  I just didn't find the writing for her fun or funny.

• Love 10

I will miss Chelsea much more than I'll miss Gina. The first half of Season 5 had an incredible stretch of episodes, and her absence allowed for a much better use of Hitchcock and Scully. I'm especially glad she wasn't in "99" because either she'd have saved the day or made fun of Amy after her big moment. 

I did like a lot of her plots with Holt, and it's unfortunate that this leaves only 2 women in the main cast. But she was easily the most expendable of the main cast. 

• Love 9

I won't deny that Gina didn't make me chuckle or at laugh a few times, but overall, she was my least favorite character by a good bit, and I was even annoyed not just by her mean-spirited remarks to everyone (especially Amy), but how it felt like she would always be the one who "won" a competition or was right about something.  So, I'm perfectly fine that she is leaving.

And, if anything, I think me not noticing the character's absence during the first part of season five was telling, in my opinion.  Even the milestone 100th episode never had a "Oh, Gina isn't here" moment for me.  In other words, she wasn't anywhere close to ruining the show for me, but her going not only isn't a negative for me, but might even be a positive.

Still, I wish nothing but the best for Chelsea.  She did a great job with what the character of Gina was suppose to be.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, afrocorgi said:

I wonder when she made this decision? There was no hint of any kind she wanted to leave during the cancellation/renewal drama or when the entire cast went on a press blitz during Comic-Con.

I don’t think at Conic-Con they had actually started filming and then at that time it’s was 13 episodes, which got bumped up to 18. Maybe getting into the filming schedule she decided it no longer worked for her.

15 hours ago, scrambled eggs said:

I'm especially glad she wasn't in "99" because either she'd have saved the day or made fun of Amy after her big moment. 

Oh my gosh, this so much.  That was such a major moment for Amy and the whole squad cheered for her.  And I remembering watching it and thinking, "i am go glad Gina isn't there she would have completely shat on Amy's moment."  And it would have dimmed some of the glow of that episode for me, because I thought that was a pretty great episode.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Samsnee said:

I just realized we aren't getting a Halloween episode this year. Now I'm sad.

I've seen people suggest they should do a flashback Halloween episode, Rashomon style. With everyone having a different version of what happened. That could be so good, but probably a bit much to ask.

• Love 9

Stephanie Beatriz was shown tonight entering the Hell's Kitchen dining room with other celebrities, but she wasn't seen after that. She was in the part of the dining room served by a team that had a huge collapse, so it's possible she didn't even get fed, though I can't imagine they wouldn't have filmed her storming out if she'd let them. I was sad because I was looking forward to seeing her happy and smiling, unlike Rosa most of the time. 

8 hours ago, possibilities said:

I saw a commercial for B99 while watching SNL tonight. They didn't say when the new season would air, but they were promoting the show "now on NBC" and available to stream anytime.

Yep! Second new commercial I’ve seen. The first features Amy, Jake, and holt in a tub.