Type keyword(s) to search

B99 In The News

• Start Topic

If Lin can get the US treasury to keep Hamilton on the ten, he can surely get 99 one last season. Come on, Hulu or Netflix. I’m going to embrace the show’s optimism and believe SOME other streaming service will pick it up. 

• Love 12

I have faint hope that Hulu, which is a Universal project, and picked up the Mindy Project (another comedy tanked by Fox) will do right by the show and hopefully give us a condensed final season.

I hope the show can find a some success in syndication, and support the creators and cast, but it sounds like early returns....aren't great.

Ugh, this is a gut punch

• Love 7

Also, my dream of a pregnant Amy might never be realized. I trust this show enough where I would have gladly welcomed a pregnant Amy, as I know this show can handle a pregnancy storyline unlike any other show. And I'm not a huge fan of shows resorting to the typical pregnancy storylines. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, my dream of a pregnant Amy might never be realized. I trust this show enough where I would have gladly welcomed a pregnant Amy, as I know this show can handle a pregnancy storyline unlike any other show. And I'm not a huge fan of shows resorting to the typical pregnancy storylines. 

Well, that really sucks. B99 is one of my favorite shows. I don't really like most comedies. I'll miss this show.

• Love 6

I would be sad if it was cancelled but it was known a few months in advance so they could wrap it up and get a proper sendoff but to announce it with only two shows left really sucks. I hope there is no cliffhanger. Come on Hulu pick it up!

• Love 5

Dammit!

Usually when a show is cancelled after five seasons I take comfort that it still went out on top especially when it has a great ending like Jake and Amy marrying but I think there were more good seasons left.

Guess B99 joins the ranks of The Dick Van Dyke Show and Taxi as another classic comedy series that only ran for 5 seasons.

*sighs*

• Love 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Community too.  

Community ran for six seasons(but no movie as of yet).

With today's climate I don't know if there were more people who didn't tune in because it was a show about cops or that there were a prominent number of POC in the cast. Either way they don't know what they missed.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 1

Damn it, my heart hurts! This totally sucks, what will I do without my B99 fix?!?! This was possibly the best comedy on TV, and it deserved better.

Instead of mourning, how do I help fight this? Do I call someone? Tweet someone? Send stuffed corgis to some executive somewhere? There has to be a campaign mobilizing! Maybe we can at least get one more season to wrap things up!

Lin-Manuel Miranda has our backs, there has to be something we can do!

• Love 5

Well, shit!  I'm not 100% surprised by this news, but I was still optimistic enough after hearing it gain viewers in the Sunday time slot that FOX might have least do what they did with New Girl, and renew it for a final season.  But of course they didn't.  To borrow from another Mike Schur show, someone at that network deserves to go to The Bad Place for this offense!

Now it's off to hoping that another network or streaming service picks it up and if that doesn't work, that the show was prepared and the now "series" finale won't end in a cliffhanger this time.  But I don't want to give up!  I refuse to believe this is the last we'll see of Jake, Holt, Boyle, Amy, Terry, or Rosa!  (Heck, I'll even keep tolerating Gina.)

For now, I'll just put my faith in the power of Lin-Manuel Miranda!

• Love 14

This is one of only two half-hour comedies that I watch, and it never fails to make me laugh. Usually by the fifth season I'm ready for a show to end, because the writers are running out of ideas and it shows, but this show is still firing on all cylinders. I'm not just disappointed by this news, I'm actually kind of angry.

• Love 13

I usually forget to watch this show but then I watch On Demand for 3-5 episodes and I laugh all the way through. Such an ecclectic bunch of characters who have been fleshed out beautifully by the actors.

Very unhappy about this.  

• Love 6

Considering this has been the top trending topic on twitter Fox may have a rough evening ahead.  The fact that fans have so quickly expressed their displeasure means they underestimated our adoration for this show.  I wonder if there wasn’t something behind the scenes that lead to this decision. Whatever, this needs to be corrected. Stupid Fox. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, VCRTracking said:

With today's climate I don't know if there were more people who didn't tune in because it was a show about cops or that there were a prominent number of POC in the cast. Either way they don't know what they missed.

Haha yes. As soon as I submitted my response I was like - duh “6 seasons and a movie” - not 5! ?

Since it's a Universal production, the best bet might be for NBC to pick them up. 

Counting against this is that they are already over 100 episodes, so they don't need another season to be successful in syndication.

2 minutes ago, Token said:

I'm surprised they cancelled this.  It seems really popular and the actors get a lot of recognition for the work they do.

According to reports I've seen, it's in the "low ratings but critically acclaimed" category.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

do what they did with New Girl

I was thinking the same thing!  If they can give New Girl an 8-episode sendoff, then why not B99?  This is one of the few shows that actually has me in stitches damn near every single time.

I'm keeping faith B99 will be picked up by a streaming service.  The writing is fantastic, as well as the ensemble.

Capt. Holt Soundboard:  Screw.  FOX.

• Love 15

Okay, we need to keep hollering, people!
http://deadline.com/2018/05/brooklyn-nine-nine-new-home-hulu-tbs-fox-cancellation-pickup-fan-reaction-1202388006/

While done at Fox, Brooklyn Nine-Nine may not be gone altogether. I hear that there had been incoming interest from other outlets about picking up the show starring Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher.

Hulu, Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s SVOD home, is considered the most likely choice, and I hear there had been conversations about the show moving there.

A Hulu deal would mirror the streaming platform’s pickup of another single-camera comedy, The Mindy Project, after its cancellation by Fox. Both Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Mindy Project, which moved to Hulu after three seasons on Fox, are produced by Hulu corporate sibling Universal TV as well as 3 Arts Entertainment, so the companies have a deal template in place. Like The Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine has a loyal, young audience that does most of their watching via streaming.

Another potential home for Brooklyn Nine-Nine could be TBS, which in December picked up off-network rights to the comedy. The network is overseen by Kevin Reilly, who had developed and picked up Brooklyn Nine-Nine while running Fox and is a big fan of the show.

Meanwhile, Netflix’s Bela Bajaria, who handles the streaming network’s pickups of shows that had originated elsewhere, shepherded the development and production of Brooklyn Nine-Nine in her former capacity as president of Universal TV. Despite the connection, Netflix is considered a longer shot because rival Hulu already has SVOD rights.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/brooklyn-nine-nine-eyes-new-life-fox-cancellation-1110978

In the Peak TV world, one network's canceled show may be another's new arrival.

Such could be the case for Brooklyn Nine-Nine which, hours after being canceled at Fox after a five-season run, has become the talk of the industry with other outlets taking notice of the worldwide outpouring of support.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Brooklyn Nine-Nine producers Universal Television have fielded a number of incoming calls from other outlets including Hulu (where the Andy Samberg comedy has an SVOD deal), Netflix (which has business with the studio including Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt), TBS (whose president, Kevin Reilly, developed the series) and network sibling NBC.

• Love 7

All I want is a final season to wrap things up. 10 to 13 episodes is fine. If Fox can change their minds, or maybe Hulu can pick it up, that's fine. The cast and crew and the fans deserve closure. Honestly, I don't think Fox had any idea how upset cancelling B99 would make people. 

• Love 7

I'm sad about 99, but even more devastated about The Mick!! That's going to get lost in the media outpouring for B99. The Mick has made me laugh unlike any show in the past 5-10 years!

• Love 1

I'm pleased. Honestly, in this day and age of adaptations, reboots, revivals, and other sorts of old shows being brought back, I actually always had some hope for B99 if the outcry was loud enough. And with it being extremely loud here, I think it has a really good chance of being picked up by Hulu. I'm leaning toward a 65% chance of it being picked up by another network. Fox sucks anyway. Their biggest show is 9-1-1, which is more of a parody show than anything, despite them promoting it as some serious drama. And their other shows aren't really that popular either, not like they could be. I know Empire used to be big in its first season, but I've barely heard a word about it since then. And their ratings aren't great, so I bet a lot of their shows are streamed, which the network doesn't seem to care much about anyway. 

Basically, I think Fox is going downhill and, for me, it's probably the network I watch the least. So if B99 can move to another place where it can continue to be great, then I'm all for it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Did FOX just decide to cancel all of its live action comedies?  B99, The Mick, Last Man on Earth.  New Girl is ending this season anyway.  The only two that haven't been cancelled yet are LA to Vegas and Ghosted ( and Ghosted hasn't been on air in months so...).

Ugh, this just makes me so depressed.

Edited by Snapdragon
4 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Wasn't there one season that was a gas-induced hallucination, though? And we all agree it didn't happen? ;) 

The show's still trending worldwide on Twitter (it has been since three hours after the news broke). I'm sure the outcry is bigger than FOX expected. I'm letting myself be a little hopeful now that someone else will snatch B99 up!

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, bref said:

Wasn't there one season that was a gas-induced hallucination, though? And we all agree it didn't happen? ;) 

It happened(that's when Brie Larson's Rachel appeared), the gas leak was just the reason whey everybody acted out of character!

There's still hope yet.

• Love 1
(edited)

God, I fucking hate Fox. They've cancelled more shows I loved than any other network, and all of them before their time. It was predictable that they'd do something like this. I hope they're cringing in a corner somewhere, unnerved that their move has been so publicly and overwhelmingly trashed.

I absolutely love that so many people have rallied behind the show on social media, including a whole raft of celebrities who are broadcasting their unhappiness to all their followers too. It seems like there is legitimate hope that someone else picks up the show, especially given this groundswell of support. Netflix would be best for me, because I can't get Hulu in the UK, but I'll take any network, any at all.

This is just more evidence of the lingering death of network television, in my opinion. They're still unable to move away from their antiquated ratings system, and their ad views. Meanwhile, subscription services rake money in, hand over fist, and have so much more freedom to create good television (even if Netflix did cancel Sense8). Fox can lead the rest of them into irrelevance and oblivion.

Also, if the show doesn't come back, then how can they get Lin Manuel Miranda to play one of Amy's brothers? Because that just has to happen.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 21
9 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

Also, if the show doesn't come back, then how can they get Lin Manuel Miranda to play one of Amy's brothers? Because that just has to happen.

OH MY GOD WHAT A GREAT IDEA THEY HAVE TO DO IT THEY HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO!!!!!!!!!

• Love 14