Type keyword(s) to search

B99 In The News

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Bottle Episode Upcoming with Guest Star Sterling K. Brown

As a fan of This Is Us and a new fan of Brooklyn Nine Nine, I am very much looking forward to this. 

When I read this I immediately thought of Homicide Life on The Streets.  In that show, Andre Braugher played detective Frank Pembleton.  That show also had a bottle episode that took place entirely in an interrogation room that consisted only of three men:  Pembleton (Braugher),  his partner Bayliss (played by Kyle Secor) and their suspect in the murder they had been investigating all season long, played by Moses Gunn. It was called 'Three Men and Adena.'   It was THE  standout episode of the season.  Given the Braugher connection and the composition of the characters, I couldn't help to drawn the comparison.  I hope that was sort of the intent/ easter egg for this concept.

• Love 6

This will be good. But I had hoped he would be playing Holt's brother, because I'd like to see Brown try to match Braugher's speech pattern and general demeanor. We saw Holt with his sister, who is his polar opposite. I'd like to see him with a brother who's just like him.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Trillium said:

This is a huge get for the show. I can’t think of a more “it” actor on TV, certainly not network TV, than SKB. For real this will be an amazing episode. 

This is definitely a pretty good casting choice. Then again, they've managed to snag a lot of pretty decent actors to guest star. This is just another solid guest star joining the ranks of an underrated TV show, and in a bottle episode which could drive up the ratings a bit.

• Love 3

Sweet, he's a great dramatic actor, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll do in a comedy.  Plus, Sterling even gave a shoutout to Andre during his Emmy win for This is Us, so imagine it will be a dream to get to work with him here.

• Love 3

I am so excited for that episode. I'll have to rewatch "Three Men and Adena" before it airs. 

Looking forward to seeing Andy Samberg present on the Golden Globes tomorrow. 

Edited to add: It turns out you can't find Homicide on any streaming channel (at least a search on my Roku turned up nothing). What the hell?

Edited by scrambled eggs
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, scrambled eggs said:

It turns out you can't find Homicide on any streaming channel (at least a search on my Roku turned up nothing). What the hell?

I found the episode doing a Video search for the episode title.

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

They get tested so i didn't realize B99 fans getting a gold medal was a stereotype. 

An Olympic athlete who was a) watching Netflix until he passed out the night before his event; b) slept through his alarm clock; c) couldn't find his jacket and had to borrow one at the last minute; and d) yelled "Holy fuck!" when he saw his scores.  Describe that Olympic athlete and no one is guessing he's a figure skater.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, dusang said:

An Olympic athlete who was a) watching Netflix until he passed out the night before his event; b) slept through his alarm clock; c) couldn't find his jacket and had to borrow one at the last minute; and d) yelled "Holy fuck!" when he saw his scores.  Describe that Olympic athlete and no one is guessing he's a figure skater.

You should read some of Johnny Weir's or ither atheletes memoirs.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

In the Spring sometime. Fox likes to yank this show around since they moved it off Sunday where it did much better.

Aww man seems like forever.  Oh well it will be worth the wait.  Thanks! 

(edited)

Well, while we wait for this show to finally get back, at least we get more casting news: Gina Rodriguez will be appearing later this season.  The article speculates who she might be playing, so fair warning for anyone who doesn't want to possibly be spoiled.  No confirmation, but 

Spoiler

they think she'll be playing Rosa's girlfriend.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

Heh.  the upcoming ep with Sterling Brown was inspired by the Homicide: Life on The Streets episode Three Men and Adena.  Per Tvline:

Question: Do you have anything on Brooklyn Nine-Nine? —Sally
Ausiello: Nothing except… this exclusive first look at Sterling K. Brow’sn upcoming guest stint! The episode — which will now air on Sunday, April 1 — was inspired by the classic Homicide outing “Three Men and Adena.” The story finds Brown’s perp being grilled by Andy Samberg’s Det. Jake Peralta and Homicide alum Andre Braugher’s Captain Holt. “It’s an episode that takes place completely in the interrogation room and its surroundings,” explains EP Dan Goor. “It’s one story [featuring] just Jake, Holt and Sterling K. Brown, and it’s really intense and really funny. It’s like a one-act play.”

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Trillium said:

TVLine also posted today that should Fox not renew they were confident someone else would

pick it up. Maybe it’s killing it on Hulu? Either way I’m optimistic this won’t be the last season.  #sixseasonsandamovie

With The Mick continuing to Bomb and LA To Vegas floundering after a quick trigger on additional episodes Fox either keeps it for a final season or cancels all three and Hulu picks it up for a final season.

6 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

If Fox doesn't renew, I hope Hulu doesn't pick it up. I don't need to subscribe to another streaming service. Netflix, please.

Hulu is the most likely scenario because the show is owned by NBCUniversal who owns 30% of Hulu and its already streaming there.

16 hours ago, Skyfall said:

Last night hit a season high and rated higher than B99’s competition for renewal.

If you're talking about "Last Man On Earth", that show is owned by Fox and getting close to syndication. I'd be shocked if it doesn't come back.

2 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

If you're talking about "Last Man On Earth", that show is owned by Fox and getting close to syndication. I'd be shocked if it doesn't come back.

LMOE, The Mick, LA To Vegas, and Ghosted.

1 hour ago, Skyfall said:

LMOE, The Mick, LA To Vegas, and Ghosted.

All of those shows have higher average ratings than B99, and they're all owned by Fox. So it's an uphill battle, for sure.

At this point, I'd gladly take a shortened final season, a la Parks & Rec.

1 hour ago, Kip Hackman said:

All of those shows have higher average ratings than B99, and they're all owned by Fox. So it's an uphill battle, for sure.

At this point, I'd gladly take a shortened final season, a la Parks & Rec.

Averages can be misleading (especially Ghosted). Latest ratings

B99: 0.9

LMOE: 0.7

LA To Vegas: 0.7

The Mick: 0.6

Ghosted: 0.8 (Not including Football inflated weeks)