Type keyword(s) to search

B99 In The News

• Start Topic

Ratings-wise, this show is dying on Tuesdays. If Fox doesn't move it back to Sunday, we could be looking at another Mindy/Hulu situation.

Fox's scheduling decisions suck. B99 was actually a pretty good match with The Simpson's. It was never going to hold up between two DOA shows.

It pains me that Andy Samberg gets snubbed year after year.  He is SO GOOD on the show, and his acting has improved so much since the first season.  It can be really hard to play the funny guy who is also a nice, but not cloyingly or patronizingly nice guy, and he walks that line so well.  Jake Peralta could've been such an annoying character, but Andy Samberg plays him with such heart.  I would much rather see him in their over Will Forte, and even Thomas Middleditch.  

• Love 5

As glad as I am for Andre, I still think he has an advantage with voters due to his past work and the idea of a normally dramatic actor being funny.  I just wished the show and everyone else would get more love.  Andy Samberg really has shined in this role, and I think others equally deserve supporting consideration like Terry Crews, Melissa Fumero, and Joe Lo Truglio.  Sadly, I don't think it will happen, and Andre will probably be it's only nomination.  They aren't even getting any nods for the guest actors, which have also been pretty good.

• Love 4

Sadly, there aren't enough nomination slots to go around, and there's so much great TV, not to mention streaming. Still, I'm very  happy AB was nominated. I like all the actors in the category, though since Ty Burrell won before, I don't want to see him win.

• Love 1

Another new captain for the 99, while Holt is in Witness Protection.  Hopefully, Holt won't be away for too long, but I do love Ken Marino in pretty much everything he's been in (from Wet Hot Summer America, to iZombie and Agent Carter), so I'm looking forward to him on this show!

• Love 4

I used to watch New Girl. There were some fantastic episodes. The characters are a lot of fun. It's hard to know how the writers will handle this since not all viewers of one show will have watched the other and know the characters.

I am curiously optimistic,  particularly that two people who are involved with both shows are married and have swapped junior writing staff (people who aren't credited) and actors. I say this as someone who can't stand Zoey.

Was only a matter of time, I think: fellow Lonely Islander, Jorma Taccone, will guest in the premiere as Holt and Jake's new "boss", while they are in Witness Protection.  I wonder if they'll find some way to get Jorma and Andy to do a song together.  Have to think they will.

Edited by thuganomics85

I'll upfront this with saying that I haven't seen Louie Anderson in Baskets, but damn if it doesn't feel like Andre continues to get robbed at the Emmys. He has built Holt into such a great character, and I feel like this season he really started bringing the comedy in more ways than just his stoicism in the face of everything else.

We still love you, AB!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Traveller519 said:

I'll upfront this with saying that I haven't seen Louie Anderson in Baskets, but damn if it doesn't feel like Andre continues to get robbed at the Emmys. He has built Holt into such a great character, and I feel like this season he really started bringing the comedy in more ways than just his stoicism in the face of everything else.

We still love you, AB!

Braugher has always been under appreciated. Even on Homicide, where the strength of his performances carried many of the signature episodes of the first six seasons and where he was lauded and recognized as the breakout star of the show, he only received one Emmy, and I think that was for his final season.

I like Louie Anderson, but no way does he on his best day possess the acting chops of AB on his worst day.

5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Going to finally meet Amy's dad and it's a big one!  Jimmy Smits!!  That should be a good one.  It's going to be in this season's Thanksgiving episodes.  I hope we meet some of Amy's brothers too.

Fitting that Jake's dad is played by Bradley Whitford.

• Love 1
On 3/22/2017 at 0:39 PM, ClareWalks said:

I don't understand why this show had such a ridiculously long hiatus.

The Mick was successful. If it had floundered B99 would've been back earlier.

On 3/27/2017 at 10:16 PM, Skyfall said:

The Mick was successful. If it had floundered B99 would've been back earlier.

The Mick (ugh! can't stand even the previews!) has been renewed already, but B99 hasn't.