Type keyword(s) to search

B99 In The News

• Start Topic

On 12/3/2018 at 2:14 PM, possibilities said:

Promos are really leaning into the Jake-Amy romance. I wonder if that's a signal the show is changing focus...

The only promos I've seen have had not a hint of Jake-Amy. 

Oh, that alternate version is so much better! I watched two more quarters of last night's football game than I wanted to just to see what aired since they kept teasing it.

I'm really excited Andy Samberg is hosting the Globes, one because I think he'll be great, but two because I hope it will bring some new viewers to the 99.

• Love 2

One of the best parts of that trailer, besides everything, is the fact Boyle would have said, "something magnificent" regardless of what Jake was doing. There was obviously something off about everyone else's lines, but Boyle would say that no matter what.

• Love 4
On 12/3/2018 at 12:14 PM, possibilities said:

Promos are really leaning into the Jake-Amy romance. I wonder if that's a signal the show is changing focus, or if it's just being dangled in the promos to get new viewers to give it a chance.

My guess is to clue in new viewers since they're not just trying to get people to watch a new show, but trying to get them to watch a pre-existing show with five years of history. Having different "themed" promos (Jake and Amy, action, etc) is a clever way to do that and still show people what kind of show it really is.

Also, I just discovered B99 on Hulu this fall, and so this season will be the first one I watch live and I can't wait! It's more exciting than a plain scone. ;)

• Love 5

I started watching it and had to pause to do other things, but that is so enjoyable. I love seeing a painting develop, and he's very soothing to listen to. "Happy little trees. I always wanted to say that." :D 

I can hardly wait to get back to this.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Dots And Stripes said:

We need a spoiler thread! Anyway, did NBC drop a spoiler in the promo during the Golden Globes?

Hide contents

After Holt reads the email and says he's sure everyone can guess what he says, he says he's smiling. That would appear to resolve the cliffhanger. 

That promo has been around for a while, I've seen it multiple times on NBC shows.  I don't think it's enough info to really make a statement one way or the other.

5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

That promo has been around for a while, I've seen it multiple times on NBC shows.  I don't think it's enough info to really make a statement one way or the other.

No, it’s a new one. I’ve seen an old one with Jake dancing at the bar (same scene, Amy is wearing a wedding dress.) The Holt quote is new.

Someone at Vulture ranked all the episodes. I don't necessarily agree with these all, but an interesting read.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine isn’t only one of the funniest comedies on TV, it’s easily the most consistent. There’s almost never a false character moment, there’s a bounty of hilarious bits of physical and verbal comedy in every episode, and the characters are just nice — good people who are good at their jobs and genuinely care about each other. It’s a style of comedy developed by Michael Schur, co-creator of Brooklyn Nine-Nine with Dan Goor, perfected by other Schur shows like Parks and Recreation and The Good Place.

As Brooklyn Nine-Nine returns to the air, switching over to NBC after Fox canceled it after five seasons (its ratings were never blockbuster), here’s a list of every episode of the Nine-Nine. (Note: Some episodes have been grouped together by theme or storyline, as you’ll see.) It was a tough task, as there are no terrible episodes of this show. Every Nine-Nine is a lovingly crafted, airtight little package of goodness. (Hey, title of your sex tape! Noice.)

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Excellent news for Brooklyn Nine-Nine on their new network: the premiere gave them their highest ratings in years! 

That's a good start for B99. Having the "The Titan Games" as a lead-in definitely helped.

I expect those numbers to drop over the course of the season, but they should settle in at "The Good Place" and "Superstore" levels (0.9 - 1.0).  Still better than what they were getting at Fox.

• Love 2

Thrilled about last night's ratings. Next week will give us a better gauge, since ABC's regular programming (with A Million Little Things airing after Grey's Anatomy) will be back. Hopefully NBC will keep up with the promos and not be like Fox, which hardly ever ran promos the last couple of seasons. 

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 6:59 PM, saoirse said:

Someone at Vulture ranked all the episodes. I don't necessarily agree with these all, but an interesting read.

This person ranked the prison episodes, with the charming cannibal and Jake improving his mind through reading, much to Amy's delight, as the worst episodes. Hmm. I don't think I'm going to agree with him very much.

Are they the best? No. But they're good episodes, with several genuinely hilarious moments. For me, the worst episode might be the one where Jake and Charles are trying to get Charles' sperm back off his ex-wife. Or perhaps the episode where Jake, Charles and Terry go to Lohank's cabin.

And I definitely, definitely don't think The Box is the best episode. It's far from the funniest, and it doesn't have Amy, Rosa, Terry or Charles in it.

In fact, looking through that list some more... that person's opinions are bad, and they should feel bad.  The Halloween episodes are not even in my top fifty. I haven't really enjoyed that gimmick, and was kind of happy when I thought there wouldn't be one in season six.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The guests on the podcast are Dan Goor, Melissa and writer Luke Del Tridici no news on when or how it will drop. Hopefully he will mention it on this weeks The Good Place podcast.

It is estimated to drop by the end of the month.

• Love 1

Was Ken Marino ever on B99? He was a guest on Colbert's show this week, and Colbert introduced him as an actor you'd know from B99 and... I forget the other project the mentioned. For the life of me, I can't think of when he was ever even a guest, let alone a cast member.

1 minute ago, possibilities said:

Was Ken Marino ever on B99? He was a guest on Colbert's show this week, and Colbert introduced him as an actor you'd know from B99 and... I forget the other project the mentioned. For the life of me, I can't think of when he was ever even a guest, let alone a cast member.

He was the captain while Holt and Jake were in Florida for witness protection. The one who knew he was incompetent so he said yes to everything until the squad told him to make his own decisions and then he wouldn't let them go to Florida, resulting in them getting put on the night shift for a while when they went against his orders.

• Love 4

Apparently, TV Guide had been doing some kind of TV Couple Bracket for Valentine's Day, and Jake and Amy pulled out a last minute win.

Which led to some playful trash-talking!  Including calling out Chidi and Eleanor by name!  They are so going to the Bad Place for that!  And probably be confused as hell once they see that one of the demons looks exactly like Kevin....

Edited by thuganomics85
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

https://ew.com/tv/2019/02/25/brooklyn-nine-nine-preview-lin-manuel-miranda-melissa-fumero/

"On March 7, Hamilton creator and official Guardian of the Nine-Nine Lin-Manuel Miranda will appear on Brooklyn Nine-Nine as Amy Santiago’s brother David" <snip>

“It was so weird for everyone. He was like making up songs about, ‘I’m on my favorite show, I’m inside my faaa-vorite show!’ And we were like, ‘No, you don’t get to geek out—we all get to geek out.'” <snip>

“He sort of did his character based off Amy a little bit,” she explains. “He plays the character like such a Santiago.”

Screenshot_20190225-161245.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11