Type keyword(s) to search

B99 In The News

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, dusang said:

Wait, if they go on in the spring, will there be a Halloween episode?

It could air on July 4th and it still needs to be the Halloween episode.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

I think they need to retire the Halloween episode, anyway. They've pretty much done all they can do with the concept, and not being on in the fall gives them the perfect out.

Yeah, the Halloween episodes have never been my favourites anyway. I just never really summon up interest in the American obsession with Halloween, and the heists they pull usually get a bit too silly. The last one was great because of the payoff.

But if they want to do a heist episode, they could have someone say "why didn't we do this last Halloween?" And Jake or Holt saying something about all the crazy, stupid stuff that went on then, which meant they didn't have time.

17 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I’d really love the first episode back be Jake and Amy back from their honeymoon and saying something about being gone so long and Wow, the place looks different!

Oh, I think they'll definitely be very cute about acknowledging the network change. I could see Charles saying something about "you've been gone for so long, I didn't know if you were ever going to come back!"

23 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Ah, yeah, that's who I meant. Hell, the Santiagos clearly have good genes, so a whole posse of absurdly handsome brothers (and Michael Pena) isn't completely out of the realms of possibility.

True, their dad is Jimmy Smits after all. 

But the real question: What are their favourite fonts? There's gotta be a black sheep who just loves Comic Sans. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Maximum Taco said:

True, their dad is Jimmy Smits after all. 

But the real question: What are their favourite fonts? There's gotta be a black sheep who just loves Comic Sans. 

I feel like that would be Michael Pena. But the rest would probably all like very clear, no-nonsense fonts like Calibri and Clearface. Though maybe Lin Manuel Miranda could get a calligraphy one.

• Love 1
On 5/15/2018 at 7:00 PM, Danny Franks said:

I love how much of a fan Mark Hamill is. Hopefully a lot of his fans are being turned on to the show by his passion.

Anyway, regarding this:

It's nice to know I'm on the same wavelength as him, at least in regards to Lin Manuel Miranda. Also, it's time for me to stunt cast all of her brothers:

Lin Manuel Miranda

Pedro Pascale

Oscar Isaac

Michael Pena

Mario Lopez

Miguel Angel Silvestre

Alfonso Guerrero

Won't ever happen, but screw it. It would be amazing. Especially the last two, because Sense8 deserves more recognition. 

I would love this as long as they all pick on Mario Lopez for being the "pretty one". I need him to be the youngest brother, even if several of those amazing men are actually younger than him. (Lin is only 37, Mario has to be 40)

15 hours ago, Rinaldo said:

He'll turn 45 this year.

I meant in his 40s, but was too lazy to type that out. Tiffani Thiessen was the youngest (save Screech) of the Saved by the Bell gang and she is over 40.

On 5/22/2018 at 6:04 PM, Jeddah said:

What a good article!

I wonder who the guest star who called everyone “sweetie” was! I hope he never got invited back.

It sort of sounded to me like it was a one episode guest star, but that might have just been awkward wording.

(edited)
52 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

Was Stacy Keach a first season guest star? The way the interview read to me, it seemed that the cast was together for more than one year when this happened.

He was. Maybe it was just a really cohesive set early on.

Now obviously I don’t know for sure that Stacy Keach was the culprit, but he seems like a likely option to me.

Edited by Sara2009
On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 3:19 AM, LvHmBirth said:

An interview with Stephanie Beatriz about Rosa coming out as bisexual and what she wishes for the character next season: http://www.vulture.com/2018/05/stephanie-beatriz-bisexual-awakening-on-screen-and-off.html

Thanks for that, I hadn't read it. I identified with a lot of that, especially the constantly having to explain even to extremely well meaning people that no, I'm not/wasn't/not again just in a phase or attention seeking or wanting to be poly etc. And on a lighter note, *definitely* the art (of both sexes) played a big part in my education. 

I remember an old article, I think from Latina Magazine, which quoted both MF and SB as being a bit paranoid on the pilot of B99, both sure that they would only go for one Latina main character and huddling in the corner asking if each other had heard anything about recasting etc and yet both of them flourished on the show. 

3 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I remember an old article, I think from Latina Magazine, which quoted both MF and SB as being a bit paranoid on the pilot of B99, both sure that they would only go for one Latina main character and huddling in the corner asking if each other had heard anything about recasting etc and yet both of them flourished on the show.

There's also a video interview which I happened to find on YouTube a while back (but can't currently point to) in which Melissa talks about auditioning for the series, going through the usual period of hoping-she'd-get-it, and then hearing that Stephanie had been casting, and thus "knowing" that the series had filled their Latina quota for the regular cast. And then hearing with disbelief that she had in fact been cast. I can well believe that the unsureness continued through the shooting of the pilot.

• Love 1

I learned from Episode 2 of NBC's official "The Good Place" podcast, that the podcast's host Marc Evan Jackson was the second pick to play Boyle on B99 and they really agonized over which of them to cast. And that love for him is why they cast Jackson as Kevin later on. But can you imagine Boyle played by him? The character would have gone in the complete opposite direction.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, April Bloodgate said:

I learned from Episode 2 of NBC's official "The Good Place" podcast, that the podcast's host Marc Evan Jackson was the second pick to play Boyle on B99 and they really agonized over which of them to cast. And that love for him is why they cast Jackson as Kevin later on. But can you imagine Boyle played by him? The character would have gone in the complete opposite direction.

Well, I know Marc Evan Jackson has plenty of range, because he plays Sparks Nevada as a gruff, macho jerk with a fragile ego. But I struggle to see him as Boyle. I don't know what he'd have done with the character, but I can't see anyone buy Joe Lo Truglio in the role.

I really enjoyed the first episode of The Good Place podcast, as well. Wish Brooklyn Nine-Nine had one.

• Love 2

l don’t understand how this show doesn’t win all the Emmys! I’m so disappointed that the only Emmy nominations they got today were a guest star nod for Sterling K. Brown and stunt coordinator.

If I had my way everyone in the cast would be nominated, but I think it’s especially egregious Andre Braugher didn’t get nominated this year!

• Love 9

The Emmys become less relevant every year.

I suspect The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is going to walk away with the Comedy category which really rankles because (a) it isn't really a comedy, (b) even if it is, it isn't very funny, and (c) it ran for 8 blasted episodes. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Inquisitionist said:

The Emmys become less relevant every year.

I suspect The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is going to walk away with the Comedy category which really rankles because (a) it isn't really a comedy, (b) even if it is, it isn't very funny, and (c) it ran for 8 blasted episodes. 

I have so much dislike in my soul for Amy Sherman Palladino, and I find it quite unfair that Maisel wasn't submitted as a mini-series. Hopefully the more relevant Golden Globes will be able to include B99 in their nominations (I say hopefully because I do not know when the episodes will begin on NBC).

1 hour ago, BoogieBurns said:

I have so much dislike in my soul for Amy Sherman Palladino, and I find it quite unfair that Maisel wasn't submitted as a mini-series. Hopefully the more relevant Golden Globes will be able to include B99 in their nominations (I say hopefully because I do not know when the episodes will begin on NBC).

It doesn’t qualify for a mini or limited series.

Does that make Brooklyn Nine-Nine Marvel? Does that mean they could have ridiculous guest stars ? Could you just imagine Tom showing up-I live for crossovers.

(I know NBC, ABC are different networks. A girl can DREAM)