Type keyword(s) to search

B99 In The News

• Start Topic

Yes! Thank you, NBC! Go Nine-Nine! 

1 hour ago, Maximum Taco said:

Fox deserves a bit of a defense. 

I'm not happy with Fox for many reasons right now but the same can be said about the other networks at other times. They've all made decisions I've liked and decisions I haven't but in the case of Fox and B99, I do understand. They didn't own B99 and had to pay a big licensing fee so financially, it probably didn't make sense to renew. I'm really happy with NBC right now but NBC Universal owns the show and more episodes means more money from syndication and streaming deals so financially, it probably made sense to save it. Plus, fans made a lot of noise and it never hurts to earn some goodwill. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Sweet, I just heard the news!  I was all for anyone picking it up, but I'm extra glad that it is on NBC, since it's the home of The Good Place as well, and I can dream that they'll get paired up or at least air on the same night.  Not to mention I'm sure if they ever wanted to, some wacky crossovers could be in order!

I was thinking that w/ both series having 13 episodes, they can be in the same time slot. The Good Place for 13 straight weeks in the fall and B99 for 13 straight weeks in the spring. Although I'd have no problems with pairing them and cross-overs.

I am so happy for the cast, crew, and for us. Thanks NBC!

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

I was thinking that w/ both series having 13 episodes, they can be in the same time slot. The Good Place for 13 straight weeks in the fall and B99 for 13 straight weeks in the spring. Although I'd have no problems with pairing them and cross-overs.

I am so happy for the cast, crew, and for us. Thanks NBC!

Jake Peralta having a

Spoiler

"This is the bad place"

moment would be pretty funny.

• Love 9

This news really brightens up what has otherwise been a super brutal weekend in TV land. No wonder I saw some sites referring to yesterday as Bloody Friday. The cancellation have been especially painful this year. Although, B99 getting saved seems to have given other fandoms hope! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

Homicide was on NBC and Andre won for that so there’s precedent. Come on NBC! Go crazy with the campaign!

I meant, Andre as Raymond Holt was overdue for an Emmy.

• Love 1

Haven't seen it mentioned her but B99 was actually an NBC owned show. Universal produces it and apparently one of the bigs at NBC had not wanted to sell to FOX.  So it is actually where it belongs now.

This is the best news!

19 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

NBC, you are officially the best network out there. You go, NBC. 

anigif_enhanced-16092-1433349013-2.gif

The fact that they're giving the show a chance is really awesome. I really hope the ratings are great. NBC does better than FOX does, so I'm hoping for the best, here.

Lady Calypso I just had to use this. It's how I felt this morning when I read about the show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

I wonder if NBC is still kicking themselves for cancelling JAG. CBS picked that up, ran with it, and the NCIS franchise is thriving.

Let's hope NBC also comes to its senses regarding Timeless.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, prican58 said:

Haven't seen it mentioned her but B99 was actually an NBC owned show. Universal produces it and apparently one of the bigs at NBC had not wanted to sell to FOX.  So it is actually where it belongs now.

This is the best news!

Lady Calypso I just had to use this. It's how I felt this morning when I read about the show.

I saw a tweet where someone at NBC said something about always having regretted selling B99 to FOX and that they were excited to have it back.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, TVcritic said:

In case of pay cuts: hopefully all the actors stay on board! And promote the series well, NBC! There's so much more to explore in B99 land ... ;-)

No license fee and fewer episodes so I doubt there will be cuts. However Gina is prime candidate to be first cut.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Skyfall said:

No license fee and fewer episodes so I doubt there will be cuts. However Gina is prime candidate to be first cut.

I've been saying this for five years! 

But really, they could easily get rid of Gina, to get Chelsea Peretti's salary off the books. She's the least important character on the show, and we've already seen a significant run of episodes without her, and suffered no quality drop off whatsoever.

Also, if the showrunners have any sense, they'll already be lining up a whole string of high profile guest stars, to hype for season 6. I already suggested Lin Manuel Miranda should play one of Amy's brothers, but just look at the other celebrities who've 'outed' themselves as fans.

Mark Hamill as a villainous mastermind? Sean Astin as a foodie rival for Boyle? Josh Groban as a jackass FBI agent they have to work with? The possibilities are endless. Of course, I wouldn't want the show to become about stunt casting, but judicious use of this extra publicity could only help them succeed on NBC.

• Love 20
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

I already suggested Lin Manuel Miranda should play one of Amy's brothers,

I said yes to every one of your suggestions, but if they do nothing else but this one, then it will all be worth it! I know He'd be totally into it. Plus, Mark Hamill was excellent on the season finale of the Big Bang theory, so I have no doubt, with these writers, they would give him some great material. 

Edited by msani19
typo
  • Love 5

I read articles like this and it makes me really happy to see people supportive of the show.

Brooklyn Nine Nine “fits into our brand of comedy, in many ways better than it ever fit on Fox,” he said, acknowledging that, had he known Saturday Night Live alum Andy Samberg would be cast in the series, he never would have let it be sold to Fox in the first place.  [Bob] Greenblatt called the show’s first five season on Fox a “missed opportunity” for NBC.

Now, the numbers just need to reflect the online popularity because I really want to see it work out on NBC. Hopefully, when the show comes on NBC during midseason, they pair it with The Good Place to boost its numbers. Once Good Place finishes its season finale, then it'll have to stand more on its own.

• Love 6

I was on a work trip and missed the whole rollercoaster of events. NBC is where it should always have been.

47 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

Also, if the showrunners have any sense, they'll already be lining up a whole string of high profile guest stars, to hype for season 6. I already suggested Lin Manuel Miranda should play one of Amy's brothers, but just look at the other celebrities who've 'outed' themselves as fans.

Mark Hamill as a villainous mastermind? Sean Astin as a foodie rival for Boyle? Josh Groban as a jackass FBI agent they have to work with? The possibilities are endless. Of course, I wouldn't want the show to become about stunt casting, but judicious use of this extra publicity could only help them succeed on NBC.

Andy could bring in Justin Timberlake to debate the best boy bands. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Please tweet these ideas to NBC-- and to LMM. I now find myself unable to imagine Amy's brother NOT being cast this way.

Or, maybe he could be one of Kevin's exes who Holt feels threatened by.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Please tweet these ideas to NBC-- and to LMM. I now find myself unable to imagine Amy's brother NOT being cast this way.

Many people, including I think Melissa have at least retweeted thr LMM being her brother idea.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

I've been saying this for five years! 

But really, they could easily get rid of Gina, to get Chelsea Peretti's salary off the books. She's the least important character on the show, and we've already seen a significant run of episodes without her, and suffered no quality drop off whatsoever.

Jake does something so viral that Seth Myers mocks it on his show. A case evolving Seth Myers. Or both.

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I read articles like this and it makes me really happy to see people supportive of the show.

Now, the numbers just need to reflect the online popularity because I really want to see it work out on NBC. Hopefully, when the show comes on NBC during midseason, they pair it with The Good Place to boost its numbers. Once Good Place finishes its season finale, then it'll have to stand more on its own.

It’s most likely going to time share with The Good Place hammocked netween Superstore and W&G UNLESS The Office revival/reboot is coming then they may slot that at 8 PM Abby’s at 8:30 And Superstore and B99 in anymorder at 9 PM hour.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Hopefully, when the show comes on NBC during midseason, they pair it with The Good Place to boost its numbers. Once Good Place finishes its season finale, then it'll have to stand more on its own.

I expect that The Good Place will air in the fall, and B99 will be in the spring. 

Regardless, the NBC Thursday night comedy lineup pulls pretty low ratings, so I don't expect much of a boost from anywhere. Luckily, the suits at NBC already know this. 

• Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

I expect that The Good Place will air in the fall, and B99 will be in the spring. 

Regardless, the NBC Thursday night comedy lineup pulls pretty low ratings, so I don't expect much of a boost from anywhere. Luckily, the suits at NBC already know this. 

Well said on all counts. B99 and The Good Place wouldn't make an especially good pairing in any case (other than both being top-quality half-hour shows); they're so different tonally and inhabit different worldviews. On the other hand, I can see it fitting well into the spring Thursday night lineup, and being especially compatible with Superstore. All these series are low-rated, so that part won't change for anybody. But NBC seems willing to live with that.

Edited by Rinaldo
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Rinaldo said:

Well said on all counts. B99 and The Good Place wouldn't make an especially good pairing in any case

Plus seeing Kevin and Sean back to back might be hard for some people. 

• Love 10
On 5/12/2018 at 12:09 AM, hendersonrocks said:

NBC picked up our show for season 6.

BLESS YOU, NBC.

Friends, I don't want to oversell this, but THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST NEWS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!&**!&*

Yippee-ki-yay, B-99 fans!! (Die Hard reference intentional) 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

NBC has a lot of love and appreciation for Mike Schur's shows so that, plus audience love and maybe online stats, help keep them around despite the low ratings.

For some reason I always thought this was a Poehler situation where it was written with Andy attached because Jake seemed to be designed for him, so I was shocked to learn that what NBC passed on was a pilot script from Dan Goor with no actors attached and Goor/Mike Schur ex producing but still working on Parks. 

I feel so sorry for Dan because Nine-nine is his baby the same way Parks was Schurs under Greg Daniels but 5 seasons in and we are still calling it a Schur show, I bet a lot of fans of Parks don’t even know that Daniels was instrumental in not only getting it on air but also the creative process! So let’s hear it for Dan Goor!!!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
On 5/13/2018 at 2:41 PM, Danny Franks said:

22 hours ago, possibilities said:

21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Many people, including I think Melissa have at least retweeted thr LMM being her brother idea.

Assuming all of Amy's brothers appear at her wedding, haven't the roles already been filled?  The episode is airing soon.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Assuming all of Amy's brothers appear at her wedding, haven't the roles already been filled?  The episode is airing soon.

I doubt all, or any of her brothers will appear. Based on the ep description it isn't clear if both sets of parents will appear.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Interview with Dan Goor about the cancellation/resurrection  and floats the idea of Lin Manuel Miranda playing Amy’s brother and Guillermo del Toro directing people the Halloween episode.

So, this caught my eye:

Q: How did the decision to only do 13 episodes on NBC come about? Did you want a 22-episode season?
A: I’m very happy with 13 to be honest. It’s really great. It’s really hard to make TV, and 22 episodes is almost impossible, so I was praying for 13. Even if we stayed at Fox, I was happy to have 13. We’ve done 112 episodes, so with 13 it will be 125 and it seems more livable in some ways.

• Love 2

I love how much of a fan Mark Hamill is. Hopefully a lot of his fans are being turned on to the show by his passion.

Anyway, regarding this:

7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Interview with Dan Goor about the cancellation/resurrection  and floats the idea of Lin Manuel Miranda playing Amy’s brother and Guillermo del Toro directing people the Halloween episode.

It's nice to know I'm on the same wavelength as him, at least in regards to Lin Manuel Miranda. Also, it's time for me to stunt cast all of her brothers:

Lin Manuel Miranda

Pedro Pascale

Oscar Isaac

Michael Pena

Mario Lopez

Miguel Angel Silvestre

Alfonso Guerrero

Won't ever happen, but screw it. It would be amazing. Especially the last two, because Sense8 deserves more recognition. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

I love how much of a fan Mark Hamill is. Hopefully a lot of his fans are being turned on to the show by his passion.

Anyway, regarding this:

It's nice to know I'm on the same wavelength as him, at least in regards to Lin Manuel Miranda. Also, it's time for me to stunt cast all of her brothers:

Lin Manuel Miranda

Pedro Pascale

Oscar Isaac

Michael Pena

Mario Lopez

Miguel Angel Silvestre

Alfonso Guerrero

Won't ever happen, but screw it. It would be amazing. Especially the last two, because Sense8 deserves more recognition. 

Do you mean Alfonso Herrerra? I think that might be overloading the hotness for one family.  They might as well be a series of romance novels about hot brothers finding love ... now that I've said that can someone please get onto writing that series??

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, dusang said:

Do you mean Alfonso Herrerra? I think that might be overloading the hotness for one family.  They might as well be a series of romance novels about hot brothers finding love ... now that I've said that can someone please get onto writing that series??

Ah, yeah, that's who I meant. Hell, the Santiagos clearly have good genes, so a whole posse of absurdly handsome brothers (and Michael Pena) isn't completely out of the realms of possibility.

• Love 2