Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Welcome to the Pleasuredome


  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts

(edited)

The crew at the sex party were hysterical. Desna's body was kicking in that lingerie.

Damn, Roller is looking good. Nice job, Polly. Mac and Melba better not hurt him.

Desna's new place is crazy. I am afraid that Dean is going to lose Virginia to E.J. 

I don't know about Ann hooking back up with Arlene.

Great seeing the real estate agent again. I like her and would like her to get more to do. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 8
Link to comment

I don't like the fact that Desna has gone full on gangsta.   (She was smokin' hot in that lingerie though.)

I don't blame Dean for not wanting to live with her.  Virginia will probably hook up with EJ but I think Dean might be better off without her. 

Roller cleaned up nicely.  I'll reluctantly give props to Polly for Roller's "Pretty Man" transformation.  

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Fried bologna with Jack Daniels. I can't.

Heh, Polly is up on the corporatespeak. And she makes it sound just as silly as it is.

Buttons are for gluttons. Well okay now, Roller can wear a suit well. And get himself kidnapped.

Quote

Virginia will probably hook up with EJ but I think Dean might be better off without her. 

Yeah, Virginia has been pretty much using him. Now someone easier to deal with  may have come along and Dean might not seem like worth the extra effort he requires.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
50 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Heh, Polly is up on the corporatespeak. And she makes it sound just as silly as it is.

I just figured she stole it from some movie I hadn't watched, the same as everything else she says when she is trying to appear knowledgeable about a topic.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

I didn't realize until near the end of Roller's fashion makeover that Polly was dressed as Desna.  Where did she get any of those outfits?!

Why is Jenn's ex hanging around the shrimp stand?  Is that the only place to get shrimp in Palmetto, or is he trying to find a weak link into Jenn's crew?

I get where Dean is coming from.  He has special needs, but Desna needs to loosen her grip a bit.  I lol'd when he asked if Mac was making a sexual advance.

The pillbilly story line bored me a bit.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Quote

I just figured she stole it from some movie I hadn't watched, the same as everything else she says when she is trying to appear knowledgeable about a topic.

Lol, other than training films or comedies I don't know of any movie where people would talk like that. She was generally using the jargon correctly so she apparently understood what she was saying. It's just that people don't usually talk with that language unless they're reading it off a document or they're an academic with advanced degrees. It's a mostly written language for corporate memos, manuals, mission statements, PR statements, etc.

Polly is a savant with being able to fake her way through pretending to be something she's not. She seems to absorb the basic lingo quickly and can use it well enough to fool the average person.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

"Buttons Are For Gluttons: The Roller Story" is totally an autobiography I would read about a thousand times. I loved the whole Pretty Woman bit with Roller and Polly and he does actually clean up pretty well! Sadly it was not meant to be, due to this show being ridiculous. 

I hope that the body builder getting killed is at least a bit of a wake up call for Desna that this isnt a game, its for real and their are real stakes here. That was such an impressively set up body dump, he even put her toes in those little pedicure things. If it wasnt so twisted, I would admire his creativity.

Well we haven't had a weird extra trashy Eyes Wide Shut style sex party yet in this show, so lets make it happen!

  • Love 7
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

. It's just that people don't usually talk with that language unless they're reading it off a document or they're an academic with advanced degrees. It's a mostly written language for corporate memos, manuals, mission statements, PR statements, etc.

God, I wish that didn't sound like every damn day at my job!

Not gonna lie.... I know Ann was on molly, but I was not amused by her having sex with a man. They really just dance around her on this show.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

While I appreciated all the details in the makeover montage, something felt off about Roller in this episode.  I hate when writers make a character smarter or stupider for plot purposes.  While I don't see Roller as a criminal mastermind, but I do think he is smart and aware enough not to fall for that trick which lead to his abduction.  I knew it was a set up immediately with the ominous van parked right there next to the damsel in distress.  Also, I don't see Roller as someone who would help out a stranger, especially if he was on his way to Desna's new apartment?

  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
Link to comment
On 6/24/2019 at 8:22 PM, peridot said:

I didn't realize until near the end of Roller's fashion makeover that Polly was dressed as Desna.  Where did she get any of those outfits?!

I missed it until I saw a gif set on Tumblr. Nicely done by the show.

I've been enjoying the season so far. I feel it is as campy and fun as it was S1 / S2. And I thought S2 started off more serious and dour than S3 has been so far until it found a groove. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 6/25/2019 at 12:01 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

While I appreciated all the details in the makeover montage, something felt off about Roller in this episode.  I hate when writers make a character smarter or stupider for plot purposes.  While I don't see Roller as a criminal mastermind, but I do think he is smart and aware enough not to fall for that trick which lead to his abduction.  I knew it was a set up immediately with the ominous van parked right there next to the damsel in distress.  Also, I don't see Roller as someone who would help out a stranger, especially if he was on his way to Desna's new apartment?

I looked at it as Roller kind of "practicing" what Polly spent all that time teaching him: being a better person, thinking of someone else ahead of him, etc. So he saw someone that needed help and decided to help. He initially walked by and then seemed to have second thoughts and walked back. But yeah, he should've been smarter than that.

Damn, can he wear a suit though. Wowsers.

On 6/25/2019 at 11:41 AM, gesundheit said:

Not gonna lie.... I know Ann was on molly, but I was not amused by her having sex with a man. They really just dance around her on this show.

I didn't mind it. The other ladies questioned her about it and she pointed out that she'd been married to a man before so it's not like it was much of a stretch for her to sleep with one again. And she kept picturing Arlene so I didn't see it as trying to rewrite her character or sexuality.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...