Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Chapter Three: The Case of the Missing Lifeguard

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

To me it didn't seem like they were that interested in playing to begin with to sit all day and play, I just thought it might have been a continuity error. I remember many moons ago hanging out with friends that played Risk. Oh my god, that game never ended lol.

I remember hanging out with friends who played Risk - it is even more endless when you're not playing the game, and your ride does. Though there was occasional side drama.

• LOL 2
On 7/4/2019 at 9:34 PM, tennisgurl said:

Poor Will feels like his friends are all leaving him behind and everything is changing, him being super into their DnD game while Mike and Lucas are clearly not into it was so hard to watch. At least Mike and Lucas realized right away that they were being unfair to him and tried to make it up and apologize.

Are they, though? There comes a time when you grow up and your interests change. Will may not be ready for that, but Mike and Lucas are. There's no reason for them to infantilize themselves because Will is uncomfortable with growing up. Friends don't demand that. Even Will admits that he expects them to never change or care about anyone else. 

• Love 1

Even though I've seen S3 before and knew it wasn't going to end up there, the scene where Will is tearing up Castle Byers is still intense enough to make me think he might try to kill himself. Such a heartbreaking scene, And what makes it even worse is, Mike's right. It's not their fault that their interests are changing. Sure they're being a little jerky to him, but they're 13 yo boys. Not exactly known for the way they handle difficult issues with grace and maturity.

Max was okay last season, but I really love her in S3. The way she is always looking at Lucas like, oh I can't wait to see what kind of BS are you going to try to pull now cracks me up.

Possessed!Billy is HELLA creepy. He manages to look angelic in a way he never did when he was being his usual a-hole self, which makes it a thousand times worse. Gah.

• Love 1

Post S4 rewatch now, and holy hell was it ever creepy (spoilers for Season 4)

Spoiler

seeing "Billy" recognize El at Heather's house, knowing now that it was really Vecna recognizing Eleven and realizing that he has a real chance now of taking out his vengeance on her for banishing him to the Upside Down. I could definitely see the show telegraphing Vecna's hand in what was going on this season, the chiming clock sound that someone pointed out in one of the S4 threads was all over the place during the scenes with Dark!Billy.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Post S4 rewatch now, and holy hell was it ever creepy (spoilers for Season 4)

Reveal spoiler

seeing "Billy" recognize El at Heather's house, knowing now that it was really Vecna recognizing Eleven and realizing that he has a real chance now of taking out his vengeance on her for banishing him to the Upside Down. I could definitely see the show telegraphing Vecna's hand in what was going on this season, the chiming clock sound that someone pointed out in one of the S4 threads was all over the place during the scenes with Dark!Billy.

Spoiler

I thought Billy was pretty much an asshole throughout the series.

But my one best friend remarked how cute she thought he was and he was well "misunderstood".  And I have to admit by the end of Season 4 I missed his character.  Some of the other teen drama in Season 4 was a little much for me imo 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, BlueSkies said:
  Reveal spoiler

I thought Billy was pretty much an asshole throughout the series.

But my one best friend remarked how cute she thought he was and he was well "misunderstood".  And I have to admit by the end of Season 4 I missed his character.  Some of the other teen drama in Season 4 was a little much for me imo 

Spoiler

Oh he was definitely an asshole from Day 1 to his eventual demise, LOL. His one good action of sacrificing himself was not quite enough to redeem him in my eyes, for sure. 

Okay, I have a slight soft spot for him giving Steve the advice to plant his feet and draw the charge as he helped him up when it seemed like he was just trying to outdo Steve in basketball to be a jerk, but that's the ONLY time I liked him. Basketball was the only school sponsored sport we had growing up (extremely small town/school) so high school/college basketball is my jam. But that's the only pass I'll ever give Billy. 😂

It's taken me how many viewings of this show to pick up on El can't "see" someone in the black space unless she's seen at least a picture of them first? When she's spying on Billy the first time she doesn't see Heather, she just sees him bending over talking to blankness. That was the scene where it finally dawned on me.

Which begs the question -- how did she already know who Will was in the first season? She had to have actually physically seen him in the Upside Down before she ever ran across Benny or Mike or anyone else, right? 

• Useful 2