Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, phlebas said:

My Big Brother Totoro

<snippity snip>

LOL Right?

My first thought was that it's like someone was playing the Sims 4 and made an attractive male Sim and then dragged the lower jaw slider as far out as it could get. Like you're playing a "Breed the ugly out of the lineage" challenge but you don't really want him to be completely ugly so you just gave him a big jaw and married him to the hot maid and were like, "10 generations? I did it in 1, bitch. Now I'm gonna go lock Grandpa in a doorless bathroom until he dies from peeing himself." 

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

LOL Right?

My first thought was that it's like someone was playing the Sims 4 and made an attractive male Sim and then dragged the lower jaw slider as far out as it could get. Like you're playing a "Breed the ugly out of the lineage" challenge but you don't really want him to be completely ugly so you just gave him a big jaw and married him to the hot maid and were like, "10 generations? I did it in 1, bitch. Now I'm gonna go lock Grandpa in a doorless bathroom until he dies from peeing himself." 

I'll have some of what you're having. 😂 😂 😂 

Golly I love Big Brother season. 

• LOL 1

They all look so happy and normal and I don't hate anybody yet. [starts timer]

I wonder how long it's gonna take before I stop consciously noticing Jackson's Tin Man jaw. Hopefully by the time the jury starts.

• LOL 7
On 6/18/2019 at 3:56 AM, Callaphera said:

Also climbed Mount Kilimanjaro like Diet Drogo before her and said she did it with her ex-partner so oh God, it's BB4 all over again. 

Yep, that (and BB6's secret pairs, also) is precisely what I'm worried about. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

They all look so happy and normal and I don't hate anybody yet. [starts timer]

I wonder how long it's gonna take before I stop consciously noticing Jackson's Tin Man jaw. Hopefully by the time the jury starts.

I was thinking Jackson's head was a Lego head come to life.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Also climbed Mount Kilimanjaro like Diet Drogo before her and said she did it with her ex-partner so oh God, it's BB4 all over again. 

4 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yep, that (and BB6's secret pairs, also) is precisely what I'm worried about. 

I'm afraid it's some kind of BB4/BB6/BB8 hybrid with all the seeming connections. And then I remembered BB13 had duos who had to play together so there's that, too. Here I was thinking about only BB6 when this spec of pairs for this season came up, but that's been a twist they've leaned on a lot actually.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm afraid it's some kind of BB4/BB6/BB8 hybrid with all the seeming connections. And then I remembered BB13 had duos who had to play together so there's that, too. Here I was thinking about only BB6 when this spec of pairs for this season came up, but that's been a twist they've leaned on a lot actually.

I thought the duos in BB13 were just the returning HGs, no? But yeah, they really have done a few of these twists a few times, haven't they?

11 hours ago, HighMaintenance said:

I was thinking Jackson's head was a Lego head come to life.

He has the same wonky jawline and short proportion as Christie of Colin and Christie of The Amazing Race does.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I thought the duos in BB13 were just the returning HGs, no? But yeah, they really have done a few of these twists a few times, haven't they?

But didn't they make them all pair up and play together? 

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

But didn't they make them all pair up and play together? 

Oh yeah, they did, but I thought you meant that the eight new contestants were also secretly pairs like BB6 (which is what I think this season might be, too, with the consistent overlap between these HGs). 

Also, what's fascinating to me is that when BB pulls off these sorts of twists, they often accidentally get cool HGs because they are picking from people they never would normally pick (like Kaysar)., 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Also, what's fascinating to me is that when BB pulls off these sorts of twists, they often accidentally get cool HGs because they are picking from people they never would normally pick (like Kaysar)., 

Yea, this. Nakomis as well, although back then the casting was better than it is now in general so they didn't only cast young, (allegedly) hot people with random olds/odd balls thrown in to be booted first lol.

And yea, it definitely seems like this season is just gonna be BB6's secret pairs of people who know each other. Like @LadyChatts said, there's gotta be something more to it. I can't really see them doing the exact same twist again.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/18/2019 at 10:31 PM, HartofDixie said:

FD292EB2-5459-4AF3-82D5-EA00776C4514.jpeg

I saw this photo and am trying to put names to people.  Thought I could save the pic as a handy reference and label it but I need names for that.  Can someone do that or just quote me and fill in the names after the hyphens?

Left to right:

1.  Thor-looking guy --
2.  Red towel-sized dress girl --
3.  Token male African-American --
4.  Female posed sideways --
5.  Blonde girl in two piece dress --
6.  Block-headed guy --
7.  Female African-American in yellow --
8.  Nondescript guy in blue shirt --
9.  Asian woman in long sleeves --
10.  Denim jacket guy --
11.  Female in pink with glasses --
12.  Cowboy hat token "oldster" --
13.  Dancing woman in red --
14.  Yellow tee shirt guy --
15.  Half hidden guy in back --
16.  Blonde facing sideways --

Edited by green
  • Useful 1

I really hope it's a not a duo twist, but those connections can't be a coincidence. From what I've seen, the real twist is none of these influencer types know anything about Big Brother.

I'm still watching the interviews, but first impressions of a few:

• Nick - forgettable, but cool job. He has to have a brain.
  • Davis - great looking, but seems a little dull. Doesn't know the show at all. Bummer.
  • Kathryn - kind of exhausting to listen too. Doesn't know the show at all. Another bummer. 
  • Nicole - Crazy Town. Someone check the crawl space under her house. Might be a fun trainwreck.
  • Jack - also great looking, but I keep having Austin flashbacks. He seems pretty cool though. Another "recent fan". Sigh.
  • Analyse - dammit, Anal Lice. Who first posted that? lol. Her voice is killing me.

I'll have to try to watch the rest at work tomorrow, ha.

45 minutes ago, green said:

I saw this photo and am trying to put names to people.  Thought I could save the pic as a handy reference and label it but I need names for that.  Can someone do that or just quote me and fill in the names after the hyphens?

Left to right:

1.  Thor-looking guy -- JACK
2.  Red towel-sized dress girl -- ANALYSE
3.  Token male African-American -- DAVID
4.  Female posed sideways -- HOLLY
5.  Blonde girl in two piece dress -- CHRISTIE
6.  Block-headed guy -- JACKSON
7.  Female African-American in yellow -- KEMI
8.  Nondescript guy in blue shirt -- NICK
9.  Asian woman in long sleeves -- ISABELLA, might go by just BELLA
10.  Denim jacket guy -- OVI
11.  Female in pink with glasses -- NICOLE
12.  Cowboy hat token "oldster" -- CLIFF, inevitable BOSS HOGG due to his surname
13.  Dancing woman in red -- JESSICA
14.  Yellow tee shirt guy -- TOMMY
15.  Half hidden guy in back -- SAM
16.  Blonde facing sideways -- KATHRYN, may go by KAT

... with apologies for the all caps, but it felt like the easiest way for the answers to stand out. 🙂 [Did that without cross-referencing anything. Can't decide if I'm more proud or disgusted with myself.]

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
21 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

... with apologies for the all caps, but it felt like the easiest way for the answers to stand out. 🙂 [Did that without cross-referencing anything. Can't decide if I'm more proud or disgusted with myself.]

bth.gif

My trick (and this might work for you @green) is to keep Jokers open in one tab because they have a handy dandy banner at the top with all the pictures and names right below them. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

Thanks so very very much!  Most excellent job!

Edited by green
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Nick - forgettable, but cool job. He has to have a brain.

What was his job again? Was it like therapist or something? If all the therapists my brother has had are anything to go by it does not mean he'll have a brain lol.

11 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

I already know all their names and I truly hate myself for it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, this. Nakomis as well, although back then the casting was better than it is now in general so they didn't only cast young, (allegedly) hot people with random olds/odd balls thrown in to be booted first lol.

It's funny, after I sent my comment, I seriously did briefly think, "Wait, Brian, you're forgetting to note that Pre-BB8 Casting was just plain old better period before Grodner took over the show." So yeah, you're right, it's not fair to compare the "outsiders" of BB4-6 to what an "outsider" would look like nowadays. They'd probably still find a famewhore HG who just happens to be connected to ANOTHER famewhore HG. 😄

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

What was his job again? Was it like therapist or something? If all the therapists my brother has had are anything to go by it does not mean he'll have a brain lol.

Ha. He's a therapist who works with children, around depression, anxiety, etc. He seems like an OK guy and pretty intelligent, despite the unfortunate hair cut. Which means I'll hate him in the house because my first impressions are usually wrong,  lol. 

Like so many of the others, according to CBS, he has a knowledge of the game "all the way back to season 17". Sigh. 

• Love 1

So, there was a feeds leak just over half an hour ago. I missed it but here are the highlights, from what I read:

• Everyone is still in the house. No Day 1 evictions  Actually still unconfirmed but likely that everyone is still in the house
  • Christie won HOH
  • Jackson/Kathryn are in a showmance
  • Christie wants to target Kathryn 
  • Christie won't be nominating Jessica, Ovi, or Nicole. Cliff may be the pawn

It IS possible that there was already an eviction. Christie mentioned Cliff being a "repeat" nomination and that Kathryn "fell first" in the HOH comp (we know the first competition was a black box comp). However, it's not confirmed if it was an eviction or something else.

11 minutes ago, missyb said:

I'm  wondering if the mention of other "nominations" was for have nots.  Christie is clearly the HOH.

I'm thinking maybe Jackson winning something and nominating three people is part of some twist. Maybe some "Camp Counselor" twist, where he picks three people to fight for safety or a punishment or something? I'm not sure. I just don't think there was an eviction night one and having him pick Have Nots is kind of lame. Plus, we don't know the big twist of the season and we know there is likely to be one.

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:
  • Christie won't be nominating Jessica, Ovi, or Nicole. Cliff may be the pawn

Same old same old.  Make the oldest person the pawn.  Then what happen?  Usually something happens to save the "real" target and out goes the one token grown-up.

2 minutes ago, green said:

Same old same old.  Make the oldest person the pawn.  Then what happen?  Usually something happens to save the "real" target and out goes the one token grown-up.

Yeah, that's why Christie should be avoiding putting Cliff up, if initial noms haven't happened yet, or get him off the block and put up Jackson. 

• Love 1

According to the Nancy Drew sleuths in the BB fandom, if there was a night one eviction, it was probably Kemi that went home as she was the only female not mentioned by name while Christie did her rundown. There was a "Sis" mentioned but apparently that's ANALLICE Analyse's nickname according to her social media. 

I'm heartbroken. I really wanted Kemi to make it into another tax bracket at the end of the summer. On the upside, it sounds like Kathryn is acting super paranoid and according to Christie, always talking about her meds? So Kathryn's like a pale imitation of Vanessa so far. 

58 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This press release reveals, "This Season Will Feature a First-of-Its Kind Twist that Will Force Houseguests to Rethink How They Play the Game."

Big Brother 21, featuring the all new twist - Battle of the Block Nominees. It's totally new, guys! And it'll totally be a fan favourite!

• Love 1

I'm positive that there was no night one eviction. First off, there's 99 days in the house so that would mean that they'd have to do two buybacks in order to waste enough time to get to 99 days (and we also saw how that kind of failed for BB18). And also, Christie mentioned something about how Jackson had three people pissed off at him for nominating them. If Kemi was evicted, then there'd be no reason why he has three people mad. 

We only got a short leak. It's quite plausible that not everyone's name would be mentioned during that time. I assume there's some twist with another competition (Black Box was likely not the HOH comp but some reward/punishment comp). HOH was a comp where Kathryn fell first, which is not Black Box. 

So yeah, I'm waiting until the next feeds leak but I feel certain that all sixteen houseguests are still in the house. 

I'm on the opposite end of it - I think there was a Night 1 eviction. It's not like we don't have precedent for it, I wouldn't be shocked if they evicted the black girl first, and the mention of Cliff being a "repeat nominee" and that Christie doesn't want "the old guy to be the first guy" to go home makes it a little more solid for me. 

Glenn was our last first night evictee (technically, he was night two but it was played as night one). It's been awhile since we had one. 

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Glenn was our last first night evictee (technically, he was night two but it was played as night one). It's been awhile since we had one. 

Actually, BB19 Cameron was the last first night evictee (thanks PAUL!). 

I feel like it could be interpreted either way. Either there was a first evictee already (but not made by an HOH since Christie clearly stated she was the FIRST) or Christie meant that there was another guy she would much rather see go first over Cliff (Jackson, I presume). 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Actually, BB19 Cameron was the last first night evictee (thanks PAUL!). 

I totally forgot about Cameron. Which is funny because didn't he almost beat Cody in the Battle Back? 

Just now, Callaphera said:

I totally forgot about Cameron. Which is funny because didn't he almost beat Cody in the Battle Back? 

LOL, yeah, he was pretty close in beating Cody (he was ahead in their round for a while) but then Cody caught up. 

Either way, BB18 had 99 days but that required two buybacks in order to get there. So, if there is already someone evicted, be prepared for two buybacks (which means someone like Kemi isn't out yet).

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

According to the Nancy Drew sleuths in the BB fandom, if there was a night one eviction, it was probably Kemi that went home as she was the only female not mentioned by name while Christie did her rundown. There was a "Sis" mentioned but apparently that's ANALLICE Analyse's nickname according to her social media. 

I saw a spoiler on Twitter from a decent but not great source (which is why I didn't bring it here), that Kemi won the first HOH. Maybe she won some side comp, that gave her immunity??

• Useful 1
29 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

I saw a spoiler on Twitter from a decent but not great source (which is why I didn't bring it here), that Kemi won the first HOH. Maybe she won some side comp, that gave her immunity??

There was a rumor about Kemi winning HOH, and there was a rumor about Nick winning HOH. Both were created by fake spoiler accounts.

I wouldn't discount Kemi having won some sort of power for safety, but there just isn't a lot to go on right now from the 25 minute leak.

(edited)

I want Nicole, Ovi, Tommy, Christie and Holly to form an alliance and not just because they can call themselves The NOTCH-es. Get it? Their first name initials put together? OK, whatever. They’re the ones I like after just slogging through the interviews, anyway.

Edited by TimWil