Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Well, I didn't straight-up hate any of the 3 they've shown so far.

David is attractive and I like his voice but I feel like he'll be booted quickly. 

Analyse, we'll see. I feel like she'll end up horrible. Also, her forehead is so tiny and I am certain that's all I'll ever be able to see with her lol.

Kristy is like Kaitlyn if Kaitlyn wasn't a fun bitch. I don't hate her but I feel like I will eventually.

Ugh at everyone saying they wanna lay low and not do anything. Dammit! But why am I surprised? And in their defense, that's the way to win lol.

• Love 1

David is uncommonly good looking. 

There is a lot of overlap in the cast with locations and interests. There's not going to be some stupid twist like secret pairs, is there? They would have announced that by now, right?

• Love 1

Yeah, this is just fluff. The interviews are typically meaningless when it comes to what we end up thinking about these folks. It usually comes down to their interactions with each other. That's where the magic (and sad, sad non-magic depressing hate-watching) happens. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

There is a lot of overlap in the cast with locations and interests. There's not going to be some stupid twist like secret pairs, is there? They would have announced that by now, right?

I noticed them all coming from the same places, too. I fear the twist. We'll see if anyone finds out if any of them are related in some way.

Nick I kinda hated and kinda loved at the same time. I agree with @Katesus7 that his haircut is unfortunate. 

28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Jack is super hot and his voice is fantastic. Shallowly he's my fave plus he seemed ok. I'm sure he'll turn out to be horrible in no time though.

I liked Jack enough to want to root for him; sadly, though, I think I see him as more the likable physical threat who busts his ass to carry his alliance through the early physical challenges - only to get sandbagged by his own crew at the DE.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

What on earth is with all of these people and their dogs?  They're going to be sitting around trying to one-up each other over who has the most awesome dog.  

Besides, they’re all wrong - my Boston terrorist would kick all their lame dogs’ asses.  😆

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Well...the biggest issue with Cliff is that he's a high candidate for first boot. And that's a shame, because his interview with Jeff made me really love him. Him being such a fan of the show and also active in the community makes him a clear favourite of mine.

• Love 4
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I love Cliff. I think he has the potential to make it a few weeks at least, especially since there's a few others that seem like huge early boot candidates lol.

You see, I thought the same about Steve and then he got first boot. And with it being week one, they tend to go for easy targets (such as Cliff). So until he makes it through first eviction, I'll just assume he's going first.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Sam's voice is already nails on a chalkboard irritating to me.  He seems like a nice enough guy, but I won't be able to listen to him for too long on the feeds.  

I feel the same way. I think he'll make it pretty far, though. He seems likable and funny, and he'll probably be average at comps, although we shall see. He's definitely in an all male alliance, which will protect him from being the immediate target (more likely a casualty).

3 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

Jackson's face bugs me.  I don't know why.  Somehow I missed the Analyse interview.  Damn it, I wanted to hate on her!  

Jackson is basically Jeff Schroeder's face with a weirdly squarish, truncated jaw. I just hope the similarities end there.

Personally, I've given up on trying to form meaningful opinions on new hamsters based on these first-impression things. I just trust they'll be giving me concrete, realtime reasons to hate them soon enough, LOL.

• Love 4

I'll give Kat Dunn this much, I just read an article about the Dallas Mavericks making changes to their cheerleader policies awhile back and she (who was a Mavs cheerleader for a few years) made a very cogent point about how this was all just window dressing to help with the Mavericks' bad PR when the report came out about all of the sexual harassment in the organization (that did not involve the cheerleaders at all).

“It seems like a PR stunt to show, ‘Hey, look! We’re changing for the better!’ because they know that a headline about dancers is more controversial than, ‘Hey, we’re going to provide stricter background checks on potential employees and hold our current employees to higher standards"

Sharp. 

“I think it’s irresponsible of them to think that the Mavs Dancers have had any kind of effect on the front office and Earl Sneed’s history of domestic violence. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with dressing modest or changing the style of dance, but I’m offended by the reason behind it. While dancing for the Mavs, I never once felt degraded or objectified by my body, and certainly never felt like I was in danger of any kind (other than the fact that we don’t have security walking to our cars after the games).”

Even sharper. 

• Love 7

So far, I think I have an idea of who I like and don't like.

I like Cliff. I think I like Bella and Jack. I want to like Nick but he has a couple of red flags (anger issues) that prevent me from choosing to root for him right now. I like David.

I hate Nicole and Kathryn. I'm really wary of Jackson and his Lego head. I have Jason Roy flashbacks with Tommy so I can't like him until I see him in the house. Ditto with Kemi in terms of all the black women they've cast over the years. I like Jessica but I feel like she'll be better in small doses. Holly's boring. Analyse is boring. I can't even remember a thing about Ovi. Christie is a Kaitlyn/Christmas hybrid for me.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Christie is a Kaitlyn/Christmas hybrid for me.

Fucking shudder, man!

Based solely on the Jeff interviews since I didn't look at anything else, I like-ish Jack, Bella, Holly, Jessica, Cliff, David, Tommy, and Kemi. Sam and Nick are OK. I irrationally hate Ovi. Christie, Kathyrn, Analyse, and Jackson are kinda like meh. Nicole already gives me the heebie jeebies.

(Mostly) brief thoughts on each houseguest, based on their Jeff-terview.

Disclaimer: some of these people are so fucking annoying, I didn't make it through a full four minute video. 

Analyse: newp. Also, I pulled her college soccer stats (profession: college soccer star!), and they're marginally better than Swaggy's basketball superstardom. 

Christie: she wants the whole house to have a daily gratitude circle. Shoot me, please. Also, she looks like Party Time Elizabeth Moss, which freaks me out. 

Cliff: didn't even press play. If he makes it past week one, I'll give him the opportunity to hold my attention for four minutes. 

David: I have no idea who this guy is. It was like watching someone read from cue cards, totally uncoached and with no emotional affect. 

Holly: my favorite of the women. Not a high bar in this crowd, but still. 

Isabella: absolutely not. 

Jack: yes, please. Let's be honest, he'd be my favorite no matter what (#fessyfan), but his interview was surprisingly solid. 

Jackson: he gets sympathy points for the hideous Lego headshot they picked. He's square-jawed but cute in real life. Seemed very(!) young, but nice and thoughtful enough. 

Jessica: meh? I'm going to need her to dial down the Chicago shtick, quickly. 

Kathryn (Kat): I really wanted to like this one. Alas... Holding out a small hope that she'll come in from the ledge and turn out okay. 

Kemi: she likes money. I like money, so... okay? 

Nick: provisional like, but the "look at me and how charming I am" will get old quickly if he doesn't dial it down. 

Nicole: hard no. "hashtag quirky queen!“ HARD. NO. 

Ovi: lol. NO. "My friends and I started our own Fraternity!" Sweetie, we know. 

Sam: whatever. He'll probably stick around for a while, but will be sufficiently boring to limit his screen time. 

Tommy: his EW interview was cringe-worthy, but I liked him here. Cautious about how self-proclaimed OVER THE TOP he is, though. FFF flashbacks. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

Is it weird I kind of hope the guy who yelled at Rachel and then returned as Brett's grandma comes back this year? For continuity.

For a moment there, I thought you were saying he should come back as a HOUSEGUEST.

Then I thought, "Eh, we've had worse."

Then I thought, "Fuck, he'd probably be a Paul fan. Fucking Paul fans."

Then I thought about how much I hate Paul and anyone who likes Paul. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Analyse (this. Or That. I already made that ANALLICE joke): Nope. Also, she's gonna be the one who puts on makeup for four hours every day. #JesusHasNothinToDoWithThis
Sam: ..."I love kids! Bring all the kids to me!" That's gross. No. Also, suspected DR yeller of the season. Do not want. Also also, he said that he's used to being hated after he "changed his political views". I'm curious about this answer and which way he went. I'm voting this to be the pre-feeds controversy that we keep getting mentions of but never the full story.
DavidHel-lo. I will send an Edible Arrangement to the button person who keeps the feed on his fantastic voice and face and keeps Sam off the feeds (not really, that shit's expensive for a few bananas and strawberries). Official BB21 Eye Candy. 
Chi-Town Jessica: Like, nope? And, like, that's an interesting jutting set of, like, front teeth for, like, a model? Maybe she, like, close-mouth smiles a lot? I hope she makes it, like, to a wall comp with those, like, bazingas? Making her so top heavy? 
Holly (she's from Wyoming!): She's gonna get the most BB call outs to move her microphone away from her hair. I don't get the whole "I'm from this state so obviously my parents raised me to be xy, and z." That's such an American thing. "I'm from British Columbia so obviously my parents raised me to be a pot smoking, tree hugging hippie." (okay, so not totally far off from the truth). Also possibly a four hours of makeup a day girl. 
Nick: "Are you a big fan of Big Brother?" "Yeah, I've watched since BB17." Le sigh. "I just wanna use my charm" means he has no charm. "I'm blunt" means that he's an asshole. I'm kinda side-eyeing the whole "Wow! I saw an Asian guy with a southern accent and mind blown! Best show ever!" Basically he's Rockstar with a penis. 
Jack ( or: Diet Drogo, now with 50% less hotness but maybe a little less rapey): Meh. Doesn't want to win the first HoH. Will win the first HoH. Bonus points if he starts talking to pillows and pants. Does Jack have a daughter? Would not be a fan of Beast Mode Cowboy or Raven so I'm not a fan of him.
(Isa)Bella: Is going to say "Good morning!" to everyone. In the words of Stephanie Tanner  Bayleigh: "How rude!" Also climbed Mount Kilimanjaro like Diet Drogo before her and said she did it with her ex-partner so oh God, it's BB4 all over again. 
Nicole (but not that Nicole, thank God):  Early boot. Please. I'm begging you. I'll pay you. She calls herself quirky but what she really means is that she's annoying as fuck. No seriously, first week, please. 
Kemi: Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of BB21. 
Jackson: Is 24. Voice sounds like he's 44. I'mma need some No-Doz if I have to listen to this guy for longer than 5 minutes. He's gonna make Holly cry because he has the same name as her road-tripping precious puppy. Will spend most of his time in bed reading the Bible and will probably be the topic of a video we'll Zapruder the hell out of to see if he wiped his spunk on someone.
Ovi: You and your lisp are too precious for this world. Guaranteed he's going to be crying under the covers by the end of the first week. That's a sign of bravery (or stupidity) that he didn't break up with his girlfriend before going in the house. And I totes thought he was our token gay until he said that. Oops. 
Kathryn or: Obligatory Blonde Texan That Isn't Aaryn: She's wearing glitter on her chest and face so I've already written her off. Then she called herself an "aspiring influencer" and I horked a little. Will spend most of her time in the house patting her extensions to make sure they're still in place. She's gonna end up screaming at someone with a deep, demonic voice by Week 3. Also part of the four hour makeup crew. Watching her try to flirt with Jeff was painful (hit him in the shoulder and gaze up at him while laughing again, Kathryn. Jordan loves that).
Tommy: Everything Frankie Grande ever wanted to be. I'm kinda shocked that we got a non-stereotypical gay guy. I want him to make it far because it's about damned time. 
Cliff "Boss" Hogg: Please don't be the racist bigot and please don't be the first week old person boot. America's Favourite HG if he can make it to jury. I'm in it for the dad jokes. 
Christie Cry-A-Lot: Fuck no. Gratitude circles and essential oils and being saged and it's like they're trying for Kaitlyn 2.0 but Kaitlyn was like lightning in a bottle. No one could have predicted how awesomely batshit she would be (or how bad she would be at assembling an eight piece puzzle of herself). Christie is not that. And I kinda wanna smack her.

Also? Jeff sucks. And everyone overestimated how much half a million after taxes actually is. And Jeff sucks. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Nicole needs to go away already.  And I find people who say that they're always cracking up over what they say never make me laugh. Also she's a Paul fan. Also? I've played all the Nancy Drew games, too. You don't see me bragging about that. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Kemi: Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of BB21. 

Yeah, all I can think of when looking at / listening to her is Chima.

Kemi won't be long for the house I am afraid.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, xKHANx said:

Yeah, all I can think of when looking at / listening to her is Chima.

Kemi won't be long for the house I am afraid.

Ugh, Chima. I still feel residual guilt about her. I loooooooved the drama of her meltdown, and then heard about her personal history, and kicked myself in the ass. Whoops.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

For a moment there, I thought you were saying he should come back as a HOUSEGUEST.

Then I thought, "Eh, we've had worse."

Then I thought, "Fuck, he'd probably be a Paul fan. Fucking Paul fans."

Then I thought about how much I hate Paul and anyone who likes Paul. 

Oh, God no. Well, maybe if they bring in Brett and Rachel to deliver whatever punishments he racks up.

• Love 2