Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Up in Flames

Quilt Fairy
  • Start Topic

It's a catch-22: if they finally start catching animals and game (rather than just fish, mice and slugs), we're probably going to see more of the gory details. 

I'm wondering if that moose is this season's wolf. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

It's a catch-22: if they finally start catching animals and game (rather than just fish, mice and slugs), we're probably going to see more of the gory details. 

I'm wondering if that moose is this season's wolf. 

I don't mind seeing some gore, I just don't enjoy watching (or hearing) animals suffer.  I know it's part of it, but I don't need it as part of my entertainment experience.

They at least seem to be hinting that someone bags a moose.  If that doesn't happen, I'm going to feel a little deceived.  I'm interested to see if they are up to the challenge of processing it and storing it without drawing in any other predators.  That's a lot of meat, and their energy levels are low.

• Love 5

I’ve always thought the fire inside was risky. Didn’t the couple who built a cabin have a fire?

Good to see someone get some rabbits. There is so little meat in a squirrel. It seems like trapping, hunting and fishing are all viable options this year. It’s a little more interesting. 

I like Ray but he might be a bit fragile based on those tears. Hopefully it was cathartic, not foreshadowing. 

I’m not always wild about the edits but it seems to be much less navel gazing about missing family this year. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Tighthead said:

I’m not always wild about the edits but it seems to be much less navel gazing about missing family this year.

They're only 9 or 10 days in.  I would hope any adult could be away from their family for that long without whining about missing them. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Tighthead said:

Didn’t the couple who built a cabin have a fire?

They had a full-blown fireplace. 

Fire inside, when constructed correctly with a way for the smoke to escape, is smart. Keeps you warm and gives you a way to cook away from hungry predators. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

They had a full-blown fireplace. 

Fire inside, when constructed correctly with a way for the smoke to escape, is smart. Keeps you warm and gives you a way to cook away from hungry predators. 

Didn't they have fire damage at one point?

Cooking in a shelter seems like a way to attract predators.  

On 6/25/2019 at 12:17 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Wonder if some charcoal tea would have helped food poisoning from raw fish eggs? 

Those fish eggs looked about as gross as anything I can imagine.  I'm not surprised he got sick.  I can't believe he didn't cook them, I don't care what he said about it being safe.

On 6/30/2019 at 2:14 PM, Token said:

I feel like the winner of this season is just going to be the least stupid person.

That's a very glass half empty way of looking at it  🙂

• Love 3