Type keyword(s) to search

Season Three Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Can anyone identify these people? Because I can't.

One of the women in the red skirt / jacket and also grey romper suit is Thandie Newton, one of the stars of S1-S2 who played Maeve Millay. I'm assuming the other lady in the red outfit is Thandie's stunt double. Don't know about the guy she's with. 

As that sequence is being filmed in Spain, it is possible that the show is set during the Spanish Civil War and not WW2, it'll make a nice change if it is.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/29/2019 at 8:21 PM, OoohMaggie said:

One of the women in the red skirt / jacket and also grey romper suit is Thandie Newton, one of the stars of S1-S2 who played Maeve Millay. I'm assuming the other lady in the red outfit is Thandie's stunt double. Don't know about the guy she's with. 

As that sequence is being filmed in Spain, it is possible that the show is set during the Spanish Civil War and not WW2, it'll make a nice change if it is.

That park is apparently set in Italy 1941 according to local media sources, so yes, World War Two (this seems like a very odd time and place for a WW2 park to me - surely you'd go France so you can do D-day as well as the occupation?).

Edited by Dame sans merci
  • Love 2
(edited)

There's a sneak peek of Season III on HBO Go. Shows Aaron Paul's character meeting a regular. Very futuristic. 

Oops, I see it's posted in the media thread. 

Edited by Iamsweetdee
Oops
  • Love 1
On 7/2/2019 at 3:45 AM, Dame sans merci said:

That park is apparently set in Italy 1941 according to local media sources, so yes, World War Two (this seems like a very odd time and place for a WW2 park to me - surely you'd go France so you can do D-day as well as the occupation?).

There were multiple stories in Westworld, so it's likely in this park as well.  Just because we see only one doesn't mean that there is only one.  London, Paris, Munich, heck even Rick and Ilsa in Casablanca are all possible. Per the HBO teaser it looks as if Maeve is helping someone escape in a plane, so perhaps an American spy?

• Love 3
14 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Everybody talk about mmmmm, Pop Music! (Showin' my age on that one.)

Myself as well, apparently; my first reaction was, “Hey now - you left out New York, and it’s supposed to be first....”

• LOL 1

Hiroyuki Sanada returns.  Pom Klementieff, Russell Wong, and a few other Asian actors... good to see they are going back to Shogun World.

Jamey Sheridan and Michael Ealy are new, right?  Maybe they are in the World War 2 world.

• Love 1

After seeing the trailer which shows Dolores in the so called "outside world" I am guessing that there is no outside world and this is just another park - like "Futureworld".

The humans have probably all exterminated each other and there are only robots left.

• Love 1
(edited)

Press release and promo photos, higher res photos here,

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/03/westworld-episode-301-parce-domine.html

2EB8DE91-DF8A-42E8-85DB-FC49CC97E722.jpeg

AD4765FE-0EF8-40AF-878B-AEA1FDFD73E4.jpeg

003354AE-3ECD-487C-A10C-3037175679B4.jpeg

F3D3211C-6E04-47B1-9C7D-57758202AF82.jpeg

EA6078EA-9370-41DD-9D3B-30233050CD9B.jpeg

B18132E3-A075-4307-BE7C-7B0294F107E6.jpeg

F5039C4B-5FC7-471B-A2F4-BFDFE77B1B46.jpeg

A9C15455-F4F6-4DF6-90D4-E889CAF7D588.jpeg

The Emmy® winning drama series WESTWORLD returns for its eight-episode third season SUNDAY, MARCH 15 (9:00-10:10 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO. A dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the question of free will, the show was created for television by Jonathan Nolan & Lisa Joy, who are also executive producers.

The series is also available on HBO NOW, HBO GO, HBO On Demand and partners’ streaming platforms.

Returning cast includes Evan Rachel Wood (Dolores), Emmy® winner Thandie Newton (Maeve), Ed Harris (Man in Black), Jeffrey Wright (Bernard), Tessa Thompson (Charlotte), Luke Hemsworth (Stubbs), and Rodrigo Santoro (Hector Escaton).  

Joining the cast this season are Aaron Paul (Caleb), Vincent Cassel (Serac), Lena Waithe (Ash), Scott Mescudi (Francis), Marshawn Lynch (Giggles), John Gallagher Jr. (Liam), Michael Ealy (Jake) and Tommy Flanagan (Conells). 

Season 3, episode 1: “Parce Domine”

Debut date: SUNDAY, MARCH 15 (9:00-10:10 p.m. ET/PT)
If you’re stuck in a loop, try walking in a straight line. 
Written by Lisa Joy & Jonathan Nolan; directed by Jonathan Nolan.

Season 3, episode 2: “The Winter Line”

Debut date: SUNDAY, MARCH 22 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)
People put up a lot of walls. Bring a sledgehammer to your life.
Written by Matthew Pitts & Lisa Joy; directed by Richard J. Lewis.

Season 3, episode 3: “The Absence of Field”

Debut date: SUNDAY, MARCH 29 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)
If you don’t like what you see in the mirror, don’t blame the mirror.
Written by Denise Thé; directed by Amanda Marsalis.

Season 3, episode 4: “The Mother of Exiles”

Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 5 (9:00-10:10 p.m.)
The truth doesn’t always set you free.  
Written by Jordan Goldberg & Lisa Joy; directed by Paul Cameron.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 3

I’m getting a little confused about what’s inside the robots.  Hasn’t it been established that they’re manufactured with synthetic tissues that mimic human flesh?  How come Delores is just slipping on a rubber suit over metal skeleton in the trailers?

After Episode 1 revealed the existence of Rehoboam the AI, I wonder how much of this season is going to be spent on questions of determinism vs free will for everyone, instead of just teh hosts like season 1.  Just how good is the AI at predicting / manipulating people's actions?  Is there going to be a reveal that the AI set up the Westworld massacre as the means to some other end?

• Love 1

I think Caleb was a host in a Vietnam themed park at Westworld. He was a soldier. But like Dolores, he made it to the real world. I think Caleb could be a recycled Teddy. 

At the end, that Vietnam village was part of the theme park that Bernard found his way back to. 

• Love 1

So because this show baffles me 98% of the time, and the name 'Engerraund Serac' is 87 levels of weird, I ran it through an online anagram solver. And 'rearranged' or 'rearranges' pops out. If you use all the letters, 'rearranges dune' comes up, I think? This may mean absolutely nothing, but I thought I'd put it out there!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, saoirse said:

So because this show baffles me 98% of the time, and the name 'Engerraund Serac' is 87 levels of weird, I ran it through an online anagram solver. And 'rearranged' or 'rearranges' pops out. If you use all the letters, 'rearranges dune' comes up, I think? This may mean absolutely nothing, but I thought I'd put it out there!

“Nude rearranges”, maybe?  That would describe about 1/4 of Season 1, after all....  😉

• LOL 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

“Nude rearranges”, maybe?  That would describe about 1/4 of Season 1, after all....  😉

Enrage Run Scared

Earn Grand Rescue

A Green Card Nurse

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Notwisconsin said:

Having been binging Battlestar Galactica over the past week, I've come to the conclusion that Doloris and Maeve are Cylons.  Robot revolutions are a very, very old trope.

Funny you say that. I'm a bit late to Westworld (season one reliably put me to sleep for some reason), but I'm currently on season 2, because I'm interested in pushing to season 3. I can't shake the feeling I'm watching BSG with a much bigger budget. "You made us in your image" and all that.

• Love 1