Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Shannon L.

If It Wasn't For That One Thing: How Movies Could've Been Better

Oh splendid idea!

I’d have to nominate the last ten minutes of Avengers Endgame. I’ve already gone into why I hate it on plenty of threads, let’s just leave it at that lol.

• Like 5

OK, this wasn't  a 'great movie' but it was okay.However. ..

Sue (Linda Koslowski) climbing over all those subway patrons  to shout to Mick (Paul Hogan)  him that she loved him in the last part of Crocodile Dundee (1986). Utterly lame and pointless. It just seemed as though once they got Mick to NYC and had him do a bunch of 'Ozzie Fish Outta Water' schtick, they didn't know how to end the movie so they came up with that!  Considering how lame all the sequels were (to say nothing of their own offscreen unhappy ending), IMO it would have been better had he just taken the subway out of the city and they never saw each other again! 

• Like 4

Justin Timberlake's acting in The Social Network and Bad Teacher.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

One thing that bugs me about The Color Purple: why the hell didn't Shug just take Celie with her the first time she left for Memphis?!? She knew that Albert was beating her, she KNEW Celie needed help, and yet she just cheerfully says goodbye to her at the station like she couldn’t tell Celie was dying to go with her?! Was she really that obtuse?!Why did it take her finding all of Nettie’s letters years later for her to finally do something to help her?!

• Like 3

Forget Shug. Albert spent all those years treating Celie like something he found on the bottom of his shoe, and then he arranges for her sister and kids to come to the States after they'd been separated for a couple of decades. It wasn't until she left him, saying goodbye by telling him that until he did right that everything in his life would crumble around him, that he finally got something like a conscience about it. I give Shug some slack, because I don't think she had a choice even if she wanted to take Celie with her when he left. Albert was just a son of a bitch almost right until the end.

• Like 5