Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Chapter Ninety-Four

With Jane and Rafael finally in a good place, they are concerned to discover Mateo's treatment might be a problem. Alba and Rogelio are worried about Xo's recent behavior. Meanwhile, Petra is secretly pleased when Rafael and Jane begin fighting over her.

Promo:

Original air date: 6/19/19

Not sure I like how the writers are toying with me, but I did laugh at poor Jane getting caught in the sewing machine. 

And yay for Petra! Love her! It’s my opinion only, but she has tremendous chemistry with Rafael (I ship them, but I know it’s hopeless). 

The proposal was cute, but not nearly as sweet as when Michael proposed and Jane kept saying yes before he could get the words out. 

Rogelio and the tail and his tough love talk with Xiomara was great. 

I guess I didn’t realize that Mateo Sr. had lived so long. I thought he died when Xiomara was much younger. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

The proposal was cute, but not nearly as sweet as when Michael proposed and Jane kept saying yes before he could get the words out. 

It was like nails on chalkboard for me because his Spanish sounded awful.

(edited)

I loved Petra so much tonight - it’s rare to see a character whose done so many evil things become so beloved.   And at this point I couldn’t care less about Jane but love watching Petra, xo and abuela.  

Edited by kitkat343
  • Love 8

If the show wants me to be totally on board the Jane/Raf train, could they please stop making Rafael so jealous and petty all of the time towards Jane? And could you stop reminding us that everyone hates that Michael is alive and wishes that he was still dead? And that Michael wasnt the real victim of being shot, kidnapped, tortured, brainwashed, and having his whole life stolen, it was really Rafael because his girlfriend felt conflicted about her dead husband being back for five seconds? 

I really love Petra though, and her tearing up when Jane and Raf were fighting over who she stands next to at the wedding was so touching. You can see how terribly desperate she is for love, and having two people who love her so much is so great to see. And she and her assistant were in on it together! I am honestly super happy. That was the real highlight this week. 

That and Rogelio's tail. 

• Love 17

Awww, Rafael's proposal was sweet.

I found it hypocritical that Alba, of all people, was questioning why Jane and Rafael were planning to get married so quickly when she just rushed her wedding to Jorge. It's not like Jane and Rafael just met. They have known each other for a long time, they've been close friends for a good chunk of that, they've been coparenting Mateo all this time, and they love each other. Why wait?

For the record, I totally understand waiting if you want enough time to plan the kind of wedding you want (no matter how large or small), but Alba asking why they were rushing when she did the same thing only a few weeks ago seemed a bit much to me. Alba isn't the only one in the entire world who is happy having a small quickie wedding.

As soon as Krishna revealed that she just had to have the lawyers finish drafting the paperwork to transfer the Marbella to Petra the next day, I was waiting for a piano to drop on her head.

Rafael drives me crazy. His motivation for getting married right away was because he was afraid Jane would change her mind again. What Petra said was true though. If he can't get over the past and he can't trust Jane, then they shouldn't be getting married.

Although I definitely agree that Xiomara is an adult who is allowed to make her own choices, I was glad that Rafael and Alba got Xiomara to admit that she was just too scared and intimidated to even begin the process of getting a nursing degree. Just because it's not going to be easy doesn't mean you should give up before you even start!

I loved how touched Petra was to see Rafael and Jane arguing over her. She just wants so much to be loved (which isn't surprising given her terrible childhood and her bad relationships) so seeing them trying to outdo each other to prove who loves her more just made my heart melt.

• Love 3

tumblr_pte0iwBuLY1rk9yago1_540.gif

tumblr_pte0iwBuLY1rk9yago2_540.gif

tumblr_pte0iwBuLY1rk9yago3_540.gif

Link

Mateo "officiating" Jafael "wedding" in front of a row of his teddy bears was the cutest thing! Also! The marriage proposal! So emotional!

I'd post Jane's flying panties in the garden but #NSFW lol

• Love 7

I was so confused as to why they didn’t talk about Mateo’s attitude and explanation after they broke the marriage news . They made it seem like it was only Raf’s insistence that they get married right away but the timeline started with Mateo’s feelings (which are valid btw). Most ppl tend to think that kids are stupid but they know more than they let on. It was then the running theme that Raf was again not thinking of her feelings when that wasn’t the full facts of the situation. 

I am not discounting Raf’s own feelings or his jealousy and insecurities.

Finally, it sucks that they will probably be another thing (or multiple things) that will block them from happy ever after (according to the narrator). Dun dun dun! Lol

• Love 2

Loved this episode.

Ro's tail. What the actual hell... But I loved it.

Rafael's proposal was so sweet. I didn't catch it at first, just like Jane. LOL

Mateo officiating the wedding in front of his teddy bear... So sweet.

Petra tearfully smiling at watching Jane and Raphael fight over her... I love those three.

Jane's flying panties in the bushes cracked me up so much!

And I just knew Krishna was on Petra's side! WOOT!

• Love 7
(edited)

The proposal was sweet and the wedding with Mateo at the end was even moreso. However, Rafael's insecurities put a damper on everything. I think Jane has more than made it clear she chose him now and forever. I do not want to watch a repeat of the Jetra issues with Rafael and Jane so I hope he truly moves forward.

Still loving Petra. She has been the voice of truth and reason with Jane and Rafael. I almost want her to wear some type of tuxedo outfit at the wedding, but it might be considered upstaging the bride. Did anyone else think she actually looked good in that green dress though?

After watching this episode I think those who saw something happening between Krishna and Petra may be right.

Edited by miasth
  • Love 1

I found it hypocritical that Alba, of all people, was questioning why Jane and Rafael were planning to get married so quickly when she just rushed her wedding to Jorge.

I think it was because she realized that it wasn't what Jane really wanted.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, camom said:

I think it was because she realized that it wasn't what Jane really wanted.

I think that too but I think they should have aknoweledged the fact that Alba's wedding was quicker than Jane's.  Alba saying, "It worked out for Jorge and me but it doesn't feel like what you've always talked about..."

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

I think that too but I think they should have aknoweledged the fact that Alba's wedding was quicker than Jane's.  Alba saying, "It worked out for Jorge and me but it doesn't feel like what you've always talked about..."

Alba rejected Jorge's actual marriage proposal like, two times before the fake "marriage for green card" happened. She wanted to marry him for a year, at least, while she was pining. I mean, "that was quick" is definitely not about Alba and her marriage.

8 hours ago, miasth said:

Did anyone else think she actually looked good in that green dress though?

I've seen my share of bridesmaids' dresses, and I thought Petra looked good in that!

• Love 2
(edited)

This episode felt very odd. The whole season continues to feel so odd, because it feels so weirdly fake and forced.

Why the hell would Xo want to be a nurse? There has never been anything ever that pointed to that being her life passion, and even in this episode they don't even bother explaining why she would want to be a nurse. She was a dancer. It's like Jane deciding to become a nurse all of the sudden. Was it supposed to be that she developed that interest while she was sick, because she wants to help people or something? Whatever it is, they need to explain it, or did something get cut or something?

I find Jane and Rafael's fake drama so incredibly tedious because it all feels so fake and forced. There's literally no obstacle between them. There never has been, not in the last two seasons anyway. So they came up with all of the Michael mess to come up with some obstacle for them, since it's the final season, and it just doesn't work for me at all. It doesn't ring true to me at all. I saw the original years ago, Juana La Virgen,  and I remember that the "last stretch of the show" drama was that Mauricio's (Rafael's counterpart) cancer came back for a bit. I think I would've preferred that over this shallow mess. At least the drama then would've rang truer.

And again, Petra continues to be the best thing in the show. Can she and Khrisna (?) have a one night stand? She's a lesbian, right?

Edited by natyxg
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, natyxg said:

Can she and Khrisna (?) have a one night stand? She's a lesbian, right?

There was a hint in that direction.   

I, by the way, thought Krishna would keep the shares and totally lord them over Petra for a bit, you know, for foreplay.   

• Love 1
21 hours ago, bybrandy said:

There was a hint in that direction.   

I, by the way, thought Krishna would keep the shares and totally lord them over Petra for a bit, you know, for foreplay.   

I was surprised that she didn't keep the hotel for herself. Sure, Petra is giving her bonuses and a better salary, but owning a hotel would make her rich... or she could get rich by selling the shares. Maybe she does care about Petra, deep down.

For a bridesmaid's dress, that mint green thing wasn't bad.  After going to LOTS of weddings, I can think of many, many bridesmaids would have traded that for what they had to wear.  

I thought Alba would object to Jane and Raf not having a church wedding, not to the quickness of the wedding.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Calvada said:

For a bridesmaid's dress, that mint green thing wasn't bad.  After going to LOTS of weddings, I can think of many, many bridesmaids would have traded that for what they had to wear.  

I thought Alba would object to Jane and Raf not having a church wedding, not to the quickness of the wedding.  

They can't have a Church wedding because Jane married by Church before and is now divorced. In the eyes of the Catholic Church she will always be married to Michael, and therefore her relationship with Rafael is adultery.

(edited)
On 6/20/2019 at 3:48 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Awww, Rafael's proposal was sweet.

I found it hypocritical that Alba, of all people, was questioning why Jane and Rafael were planning to get married so quickly when she just rushed her wedding to Jorge. It's not like Jane and Rafael just met. They have known each other for a long time, they've been close friends for a good chunk of that, they've been coparenting Mateo all this time, and they love each other. Why wait?

For the record, I totally understand waiting if you want enough time to plan the kind of wedding you want (no matter how large or small), but Alba asking why they were rushing when she did the same thing only a few weeks ago seemed a bit much to me. Alba isn't the only one in the entire world who is happy having a small quickie wedding.

As soon as Krishna revealed that she just had to have the lawyers finish drafting the paperwork to transfer the Marbella to Petra the next day, I was waiting for a piano to drop on her head.

Rafael drives me crazy. His motivation for getting married right away was because he was afraid Jane would change her mind again. What Petra said was true though. If he can't get over the past and he can't trust Jane, then they shouldn't be getting married.

Although I definitely agree that Xiomara is an adult who is allowed to make her own choices, I was glad that Rafael and Alba got Xiomara to admit that she was just too scared and intimidated to even begin the process of getting a nursing degree. Just because it's not going to be easy doesn't mean you should give up before you even start!

I loved how touched Petra was to see Rafael and Jane arguing over her. She just wants so much to be loved (which isn't surprising given her terrible childhood and her bad relationships) so seeing them trying to outdo each other to prove who loves her more just made my heart melt.

Because Alba knew it wasn't what Jane or Rafael really wanted deep down. Jane doesn't want a quickie courthouse wedding. Alba hasn't had sex in decades and she's old, not young. Yes, she had a good reason to rush her wedding to Jorge. Also, she turned Jorge twice. 

Edited by Simba122504
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2019 at 4:36 PM, natyxg said:

This episode felt very odd. The whole season continues to feel so odd, because it feels so weirdly fake and forced.

Why the hell would Xo want to be a nurse? There has never been anything ever that pointed to that being her life passion, and even in this episode they don't even bother explaining why she would want to be a nurse. She was a dancer. It's like Jane deciding to become a nurse all of the sudden. Was it supposed to be that she developed that interest while she was sick, because she wants to help people or something? Whatever it is, they need to explain it, or did something get cut or something?

It seems so ludicrous. As far as I can tell, Xo has never even held a full-time job. So why, at this stage in life, is she suddenly going to buckle down and attempt something as tough as nursing school? Just don't see it happening.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jillybean said:

It seems so ludicrous. As far as I can tell, Xo has never even held a full-time job. So why, at this stage in life, is she suddenly going to buckle down and attempt something as tough as nursing school? Just don't see it happening.

I totally agree. Plus, it's not even that she's tired of having bad jobs and wants a more stable one or something. Her husband is literally rich. She doesn't even have to work at all if she doesn't want to.

14 hours ago, natyxg said:

I totally agree. Plus, it's not even that she's tired of having bad jobs and wants a more stable one or something. Her husband is literally rich. She doesn't even have to work at all if she doesn't want to.

I know of two people who went into nursing after serious health issues with themselves or family. One of those people left her chosen career, in her 40s, to go to nursing school. It's a way of giving back -- hoping to be able to help others in a way that they were helped, or just help others going through what they went through. I mean, it's not totally out of the question. I don't know if my friends are statistical outliers, but it does happen. That said...at its core, this show is "straight out of a telenovela, right?" We've had evil twins, amnesia, a criminal plot, and of course the very premise of this show -- a virgin getting pregnant. Why is a character suddenly going into nursing so weird and unbelievable? For that reason, I willingly suspend all disbelief for this show. Well, unless Rogelio *actually* grows a tail. 😉

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Captain Asshat said:

I know of two people who went into nursing after serious health issues with themselves or family. One of those people left her chosen career, in her 40s, to go to nursing school. It's a way of giving back -- hoping to be able to help others in a way that they were helped, or just help others going through what they went through. I mean, it's not totally out of the question. I don't know if my friends are statistical outliers, but it does happen. That said...at its core, this show is "straight out of a telenovela, right?" We've had evil twins, amnesia, a criminal plot, and of course the very premise of this show -- a virgin getting pregnant. Why is a character suddenly going into nursing so weird and unbelievable? For that reason, I willingly suspend all disbelief for this show. Well, unless Rogelio *actually* grows a tail. 😉

I can buy that, but they have to explain it and earn it, not just make it come out of nowhere and have everyone around Xo not even question it.

Even in an over the top show things have to make sense within their own world, imo. Sure, Jane was a pregnant virgin, but there was actually an explanation for that. It's not like she just woke up pregnant one day and life went on and no one questioned it or explained it or anything.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, natyxg said:

I can buy that, but they have to explain it and earn it, not just make it come out of nowhere and have everyone around Xo not even question it.

Even in an over the top show things have to make sense within their own world, imo. Sure, Jane was a pregnant virgin, but there was actually an explanation for that. It's not like she just woke up pregnant one day and life went on and no one questioned it or explained it or anything.

Maybe the explanation will come this week. Maybe it will never come, and she'll have her degree next week. With this show, I just sit and roll with it. I really don't expect much reality.