Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E25 Jennifer & Marissa & Liz

• Start Topic

Late to the thread again 😂

I wasn't very interested in Liz's part. It's not her fault I just saw her main episode once (and barely remember it) and missed the first year of her WATN. But, even though she struggled a bit, it was nice that she pulled it together in the end.

As for Jennifer and Marissa, gotta love the soapy elements; Ohhh, Jennifer went to stay with a man who is clearly no good for her... without telling Marissa!!! Stay tuned to find out how Marissa will react when she finds out!! 🙀🙀🙀

It's strange to see  mother-daughter relationship where the daughter seems to be a lot more stable than the mother. Jennifer is selfish and really needy... I think she's actually more like a teenager than a 42 year old woman. I think one of you said in another thread that victims of sexual abuse are trapped in the mentality of that age? It was good Marissa went back to Cali, she killed it there and damn, her sister's house is awesome.

Overall, compared to some of the more trainwreck episodes, it was a bit more run of the mill, but it wasn't completely boring.

• Love 3

So tonight's supersize episode: Jennifer is incomplete without a man, even a troll of a man with a weird growth/lump on his head and addiction issues. Marissa's favorite color is beige, because it's as exciting as the episode. Liz bonus scene: her sitting and staring blankly at the camera and flatly expressing deepest emotions. I can't wait! 😩

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Tidbits from Supersized episode (I love they call it that).    Liz loves all of the clothing outlets in Houston.      The bonus scene of her talking to her mother while waiting for her ride to Dr. Now's office (Instead of the hospitals with EMTs for weigh ins) was kind of boring.   

Liz likes to read books about ghosts, vampires, and werewolves.  

Liz did not play sports as a child. 

That growth on her leg Dr. Now removed is nasty looking, and weighed 15 lbs, plus 5 pounds of fluid, so 20 pounds.      

I hope that is a sister on dad's side that Marissa lives with, because that way, when Dawayne dumps Jennifer, she can't move in.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, JunkFoodTV said:

So tonight's supersize episode: Jennifer is incomplete without a man, even a troll of a man with a weird growth/lump on his head and addiction issues. Marissa's favorite color is beige, because it's as exciting as the episode. Liz bonus scene: her sitting and staring blankly at the camera and flatly expressing deepest emotions. I can't wait! 😩

Beige?! She has all the colors of the rainbow in her hair, and that’s her favorite color?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Tidbits from Supersized episode (I love they call it that).    Liz loves all of the clothing outlets in Houston.      The bonus scene of her talking to her mother while waiting for her ride to Dr. Now's office (Instead of the hospitals with EMTs for weigh ins) was kind of boring.   

Liz likes to read books about ghosts, vampires, and werewolves.  

Liz did not play sports as a child. 

That growth on her leg Dr. Now removed is nasty looking, and weighed 15 lbs, plus 5 pounds of fluid, so 20 pounds.      

I hope that is a sister on dad's side that Marissa lives with, because that way, when Dawayne dumps Jennifer, she can't move in.  

Thanks for this info. I'm glad to know that Liz' mother was included in a bonus scene -- she wasn't shown at all in the regular episode.

• Love 1

I think I remember from Liz's first episode that she has a bend leg, or one leg shorter, something like that. And they showed a picture of her with a brace on it. I do remember she was so seriously cute as a little girl. ❤

17 hours ago, JunkFoodTV said:

Marissa's favorite color is beige,

😂I think that is snark;  Marissa's fav color is purple.   In her original episode she had blue streaks in her hair;  in this WATN she has purple  (or that's what it looks like on my tv, but then I soon will need cataract surgery).

I turned on the dvr to watch what I thought was Milla's latest episode (I missed part of it on Wed night due to a sudden wind storm and finishing dinner) and found the Super Morbid Size edition of Liz, Jen, and Mar.   They are three of the most soporific narrators ever.

I had forgotten how misshapen Liz's legs were at the start of her  weight loss journey.  The start of her life's journey was her birth in Lake Jackson, TX.  She grew up in Brazoria, Tx. She used to sing in a church choir ( so have I ) and before starting her WL jouney, she liked to snack on gummy candies (this reminds me of the horrid Haribo gummy bear commercial that I hate with the heat of 1000 million suns). 

Jen--loved to make biscuits and gravy before meeting Dr N.   Fav childhood memory going to Pismo Beach with her grandparents.   (I prefer butter with my biscuits, and one of my fav memories is going to San Juan with my parents). Born in Stockton, CA.  Loves romantic comedies.  What she appreciates most about Dr N is his honesty.  Listens to loud music on tv to pass the time  (bet her ginger cat loves that). Personal goal to be less sarcastic and negative.

Mar-- went to Bodega Bay as a child and saw the house where "The Birds" was filmed.  (Ack!! this is one of my least fav movies, and I still am suspicious of birds in large flocks). Fav food to buy now at grocery is asparagus.

Liz--favorite family vacay was Albuquerque, NM (I enjoyed Santa Fe and Taos more); appreciates how straightforward Dr N is; likes going to all the clothing outlets in Houston.  Likes the laid back country life style she had in Houston ( okay, not sure about where she found that in Houston); fav meal post surgery is lemon pepper chicken  (sounds like someone may have located the rotisserie chicken at the grocery.  So yay for her!)  Likes to read books about ghosts, vampires and werewolves  (beats listening to loud music on tv).  Did not like to play sports as a child.

First bonus scene---earlier part of the section about Marissa having gallstones.  M is seriously upset with mom not being there.  So the only thing she can think to do is call Dr N.  (this is after several days of pain;  he always tells patients to call if they need anything) Dr N tells her twice to go to ER.  Complains mom is choosing Dwayne over her and that she has to do everything on her own which is extremely stressful.  So stressful she is using food to feel better so she knows she has gained.   She is terrified out of her mind that something is seriously wrong.  (surely Dr N warns people about the probability of getting gallstones)

Mar--feels the diversity of her hometown of Stockton has made her  very   open minded (except not to the possibility her mom will go back to Dwayne).  Feels like she can get along with anyone as long as they respect her.

Liz--before meeting Dr N loved having Chinese food delivered.  Likes watching medical shows.  Doesn't like eggplant or zucchini.

Bonus #2--Liz goes home.  Is very upbeat for her.  Excited about how she is doing and wants to show off her progress.

Jen-as a child went to a waterpark every summer with her fam.  Since WLS, fav food is grilled chicken salad.   (I think this means a salad made with grilled chicken rather than chicken salad that is grilled).

Mar confronts J about her feelings of abandonment , coming up next in another bonus scene.   Doesn't know what to do with herself since her mom moved away; that's why she is moving back to Calif.

Bonus #3--Mom and Mar discuss how each feels abandoned by the other.   I want to slap them both.  

Jen--hasn't found a veggie she doesn't like.; used to go to a skating rink every weekend as a child.   only thing that scares her about Dr N is disappointing him;  used to love eating chicken wings while at the grocery.

All three have overcome obstacles in their lives.

Ginger cat sighting (best part of the episode so far)!!!

Liz likes to talk on the phone to pass the time.  One personality trait Liz wants to work on it being more upfront and honest with people.  (this pops up as she  cheats on her diet by stuffing her face with a burger and fries); loved going out of state with her fam on vacays when she was a child.  Fav cheat food is sweet potato casserole.

M---loved to make (and, presumably, to eat) tacos before starting her WL journey

M---is staying with her sister ( is this another of Jennifer's children or a half-sis;   I don't recall another sister in the original episode, but I barely remember it)

Liz---before starting her WL journey she loved frying chicken wings  (I think she needs to get together with Jen and reminisce about the wings they have eaten)

Jen-wants to study cosmetology

Liz--if she could go anywhere in the world it would be the Maldives

Liz--advice for people trying to lose weight is to stay focused and remember it doesn't/won't happen overnight.

Whew,  I think I will post this and check for typos later.

Feel free to snark away!!!!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

😂I think that is snark;  Marissa's fav color is purple.   In her original episode she had blue streaks in her hair;  in this WATN she has purple  (or that's what it looks like on my tv, but then I soon will need cataract surgery).

I turned on the dvr to watch what I thought was Milla's latest episode (I missed part of it on Wed night due to a sudden wind storm and finishing dinner) and found the Super Morbid Size edition of Liz, Jen, and Mar.   They are three of the most soporific narrators ever.

I had forgotten how misshapen Liz's legs were at the start of her  weight loss journey.  The start of her life's journey was her birth in Lake Jackson, TX.  She grew up in Brazoria, Tx. She used to sing in a church choir ( so have I ) and before starting her WL jouney, she liked to snack on gummy candies (this reminds me of the horrid Haribo gummy bear commercial that I hate with the heat of 1000 million suns). 

Jen--loved to make biscuits and gravy before meeting Dr N.   Fav childhood memory going to Pismo Beach with her grandparents.   (I prefer butter with my biscuits, and one of my fav memories is going to San Juan with my parents). Born in Stockton, CA.  Loves romantic comedies.  What she appreciates most about Dr N is his honesty.  Listens to loud music on tv to pass the time  (bet her ginger cat loves that). Personal goal to be less sarcastic and negative.

Mar-- went to Bodega Bay as a child and saw the house where "The Birds" was filmed.  (Ack!! this is one of my least fav movies, and I still am suspicious of birds in large flocks). Fav food to buy now at grocery is asparagus.

Liz--favorite family vacay was Albuquerque, NM (I enjoyed Santa Fe and Taos more); appreciates how straightforward Dr N is; likes going to all the clothing outlets in Houston.  Likes the laid back country life style she had in Houston ( okay, not sure about where she found that in Houston); fav meal post surgery is lemon pepper chicken  (sounds like someone may have located the rotisserie chicken at the grocery.  So yay for her!)  Likes to read books about ghosts, vampires and werewolves  (beats listening to loud music on tv).  Did not like to play sports as a child.

First bonus scene---earlier part of the section about Marissa having gallstones.  M is seriously upset with mom not being there.  So the only thing she can think to do is call Dr N.  (this is after several days of pain;  he always tells patients to call if they need anything) Dr N tells her twice to go to ER.  Complains mom is choosing Dwayne over her and that she has to do everything on her own which is extremely stressful.  So stressful she is using food to feel better so she knows she has gained.   She is terrified out of her mind that something is seriously wrong.  (surely Dr N warns people about the probability of getting gallstones)

Mar--feels the diversity of her hometown of Stockton has made her  very   open minded (except not to the possibility her mom will go back to Dwayne).  Feels like she can get along with anyone as long as they respect her.

Liz--before meeting Dr N loved having Chinese food delivered.  Likes watching medical shows.  Doesn't like eggplant or zucchini.

Bonus #2--Liz goes home.  Is very upbeat for her.  Excited about how she is doing and wants to show off her progress.

Jen-as a child went to a waterpark every summer with her fam.  Since WLS, fav food is grilled chicken salad.   (I think this means a salad made with grilled chicken rather than chicken salad that is grilled).

Mar confronts J about her feelings of abandonment , coming up next in another bonus scene.   Doesn't know what to do with herself since her mom moved away; that's why she is moving back to Calif.

Bonus #3--Mom and Mar discuss how each feels abandoned by the other.   I want to slap them both.  

Jen--hasn't found a veggie she doesn't like.; used to go to a skating rink every weekend as a child.   only thing that scares her about Dr N is disappointing him;  used to love eating chicken wings while at the grocery.

Liz likes to talk on the phone to pass the time.  One personality trait Liz wants to work on it being more upfront and honest with people.  (this pops up as she  cheats on her diet by stuffing her face with a burger and fries); loved going out of state with her fam on vacays when she was a child.  Fav cheat food is sweet potato casserole.

M---loved to make (and, presumably, to eat) tacos before starting her WL journey

M---is staying with her sister ( is this another of Jennifer's children or a half-sis;   I don't recall another sister in the original episode, but I barely remember it)

Liz---before starting her WL journey she loved frying chicken wings  (I think she needs to get together with Jen and reminisce about the wings they have eaten)

Liz--advice for people trying to lose weight is to stay focused and remember it doesn't/won't happen overnight.

Whew,  I think I will post this and check for typos later.

Feel free to snark away!!!!!!

Thanks for the detailed synopsis!  Missed this one, and it didn't record because the TV was disconnected because we were having our living room floor refinished.  But now I feel like I watched it!

BTW....aren't the Maldives sinking underwater due to rising sea level?

Awww...ginger cat!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Carboncat said:

Thanks for the detailed synopsis!  Missed this one, and it didn't record because the TV was disconnected because we were having our living room floor refinished.  But now I feel like I watched it!

BTW....aren't the Maldives sinking underwater due to rising sea level?

Awww...ginger cat!

I should probably take this to small talk, but I think the Maldives are more likely to drown than sink.  From what I recall they are basically at sea level already and are more likely to lose area.  People haven't really paid that much attention to them until relatively recently (as far as tourism);  I wonder if they have risen and fallen many times during the earth's history.  

I would watch another Liz episode if she takes a trip there.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Twopper said:

😂I think that is snark

@TWOPPER most definitely snark. It was me talking myself out of watching this expanded snoozefest. I'll just do my own insider facts and bonus scenes!!! 😆 Is it weird that I will watch the train wrecks/shit shows with more interest than the others! Or the ones with people with odd crying scenes (Susan at the grocery store, Kirsten....all day every day.) So if Jennifer had a total melt down, Liz would thrown a tantrum (or showed ANY emotion AT ALL) I would have been all in. 🤓

51 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I should probably take this to small talk, but I think the Maldives are more likely to drown than sink.  From what I recall they are basically at sea level already and are more likely to lose area.  People haven't really paid that much attention to them until relatively recently (as far as tourism);  I wonder if they have risen and fallen many times during the earth's history.  

I would watch another Liz episode if she takes a trip there.

She'd better do it fast!

• LOL 2
17 minutes ago, JunkFoodTV said:

@TWOPPER most definitely snark. It was me talking myself out of watching this expanded snoozefest. I'll just do my own insider facts and bonus scenes!!! 😆 Is it weird that I will watch the train wrecks/shit shows with more interest than the others! Or the ones with people with odd crying scenes (Susan at the grocery store, Kirsten....all day every day.) So if Jennifer had a total melt down, Liz would thrown a tantrum (or showed ANY emotion AT ALL) I would have been all in. 🤓

Liz did throw a bit of a tantrum after the weigh in where she had regained 60 pounds.  Dr. Now asked her what was going on with her eating and she got a bit hot trying to rationalize her weight gain, but then accepted responsibility.  It seemed to be her lightbulb moment. 

• Love 1
On 6/28/2019 at 1:00 PM, Twopper said:

Thank you so much for all these details on the additional info in the supersized episode, Twopper -- it is very much appreciated. One point I find odd is Jennifer's claim that she used to like making biscuits and gravy before joining Dr. Now's program, because she was shown as someone completely helpless who did not know how to cook at all, not even scrambled eggs; where her daughter had to do everything for her. Hmmm.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ProTourist said:

Thank you so much for all these details on the additional info in the supersized episode, Twopper -- it is very much appreciated. One point I find odd is Jennifer's claim that she used to like making biscuits and gravy before joining Dr. Now's program, because she was shown as someone completely helpless who did not know how to cook at all, not even scrambled eggs; where her daughter had to do everything for her. Hmmm.

I thought the same.   I think Jennifer must have attempted cooking while Marissa was little (well, I mean young, because I am not sure she was ever very little), because in the scene where Marissa is telling her mom she is moving back (I think this is the bonus scene in which they basically are arguing about which one abandoned the other first), Marissa mentions the wonderful smell of pot roast in the apartment, and there is a joke about how Jennifer used to burn roasts.

Please don't tell Dr N, but my lunch today is a coke (the kind from Mexico made with sugar) and a bag of popcorn. 

• Love 2

My suspicion is that a lot of the 'home cooking' by Liz was packaged, heat and eat.   I bet the roasts for Jennifer and Marissa were the same, bought already cooked, and reheated in the microwave.   

I think the sister Marissa moved in with was a half-sister on the father's side, because there was no mention of Jennifer's relationship with the sister.   I'm betting that's part of the reason Marissa moved in with her sister, so Jennifer couldn't come with her.  I'm so glad Marissa moved away from her toxic mother, and Dwayne's awful influence.  I think it's wonderful that Marissa has a place to go to, and someone who cares about her.   

I gave up on Jennifer when she moved back with Dwayne, and I'm sure she's bigger than ever, and sadly, a lot worse off than she started.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My suspicion is that a lot of the 'home cooking' by Liz was packaged, heat and eat.   I bet the roasts for Jennifer and Marissa were the same, bought already cooked, and reheated in the microwave.   

I think the sister Marissa moved in with was a half-sister on the father's side, because there was no mention of Jennifer's relationship with the sister.   I'm betting that's part of the reason Marissa moved in with her sister, so Jennifer couldn't come with her.  I'm so glad Marissa moved away from her toxic mother, and Dwayne's awful influence.  I think it's wonderful that Marissa has a place to go to, and someone who cares about her.   

I gave up on Jennifer when she moved back with Dwayne, and I'm sure she's bigger than ever, and sadly, a lot worse off than she started.  

Did you watch the repeat of their episode last night @CrazyInAlabama? I did off and on. I actually ended up watching way more about Liz than the other two. Honestly, I barely remembered Liz but was astounded at her transformation. While she could often be quite frustrating as in her weigh-in where she stated that she was completely baffled as to how she gained 68 pounds in two months; I mean, marinate on that dubious "accomplishment" for a moment.

Loved it when, after a string of excuses, Dr. Now told her that it was because she had been eating non-stop for TWO MONTHS, lol! However, even with her obvious, and very sad, case of depression, I do believe that she, with Dr. Now's persistence and help of course, accomplished an amazing transformation of her body. I really wish her and Marissa all the best and hope they both stay on track. As for Jennifer, like you, I don't have much hope since, at least IMHO, she seems to be a perpetual, petulant teenager.

• Love 3