Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E25 Jennifer & Marissa & Liz LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Rocky Mountain Spotted Feet and Flapping Teeth. 

OMGoodness. I'll be thinking of Rocky Mountain Spotted Feet all night. 

I'm terrible - I audit human subjects research and come across all kinds of little known diseases under study. I'm gonna tell aliya jr that I had an audit for Rocky Mountain Spotted Feet, and that it's spreading into our state. He's such a hypochondriac, he'll be shaking in his boots. hahahahaha

• LOL 11
1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

They could make coffee with the filters they use on that woman in the Rosy Tone cream commercial.

The ironic thing is I like to wear makeup to cover up the redness in my skin, I want anti-rosy cream.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Wanda said:

Liz is doing far better than I ever expected, but still....zzzzzzzzz

Seriously. The boredom is making me eat more dark chocolate M&Ms.

Marissa is onto her - she wants to eat what she wants!  At least, Jennifer is moving to Dawayne instead of bringing him to their apartment!  I hope Marissa will do great without her mother there and actually get a life of her own that doesn't revolve around servicing her needs!

• Love 15

Jennifer is such a shitty mom. Picking a man, who has addiction issues and has caused problems before, over her kid. I don't remember their ep, but I feel like this is a recurring theme. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

OTOH, marissa is an adult and has been doing better with mom away and was resentful of taking care of her in the original episode. It’s not like she’s a teenager or younger being abandoned. She’s mid 20s or older. They’re both drama queens.

• Love 13
Just now, Wanda said:

OTOH, marissa is an adult

Yeah, it's not like she's abandoning a three-year-old. Jennifer can choose the crummy boyfriend if her daughter is in her 20s.

• Love 4
Just now, Wanda said:

OTOH, marissa is an adult and has been doing better with mom away and was resentful of taking care of her in the original episode. It’s not like she’s a teenager or younger being abandoned. She’s mid 20s or older. They’re both drama queens.

She is 27.  I think they do have a very unhealthy relationship and this is all just a part of the dynamics they have.  Hopefully long separation will do them good (assuming they don't spend hours on the phone daily).

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, aliya said:

Hey, at least you don't have a tornado coming your way.

The way the weather's been around here lately I wouldn't rule it out. We had a huge storm yesterday, too. Looked like someone was spraying a hose full blast at my office's windows for several minutes.

A couple weeks ago I was on my way home and the sky got so scary dark I pulled into a Wawa and ran into the store and stayed there for 45 minutes. There was a tornado warning for the first 15 or so, but it was raining so hard (and the traffic on the highway was so backed up) I just stayed another half hour and read a book on my tablet.

Stay safe!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

A DIfferent World...the Lisa Bonet spin off after she got booted from the Cosby Show. 🙂

I remember "A Different World" a little, but didn't watch it much because I didn't care for it. The only Dwayne I remember is from "One Day at a Time" -- the original series from the 70s. Dwayne Schneider was the building's superintendent, played by terrific actor Patrick Harrington. 😎

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
Just now, Dianaofthehunt said:

How do these lymphomas even get started? What accounts for the round shape?
These are rhetorical questions, I guess.

They're not rhetorical, but I've never found a good answer from googling around. If you're overweight your lymphatic system gets screwed up, and the lymphatic fluid doesn't flow properly. So I guess it pools? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

I am fascinated by the butt wings? Did the person sit so much that the fat shifted there? [/Armchair gets up and walks around the room out of fear of getting them]

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9

Imo, the mom should do what she wants.  Her daughter is an adult and needs to get on with her life without her mom.  I love my kids, but id be dammed if i let them tell me who to be with.....even if he is a jerk.  Really none of her business.  Its an unhealthy enmeshment between Jennifer and Marissa....

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

If you can’t admit to your adult daughter that you’re moving in with your shitty boyfriend, you probably shouldn't be moving in with your shitty boyfriend.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

Jennifer needs an intervention by Stacy and what's-his-name from WNTW.   I hate that there are no new episodes of that--it would be a great crossover with this.   Complete makeovers for the ones that reach the target weight.    I can't deal with her braids and that dress.  Or is the dress just a top?

• Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, aliya said:

OMGoodness. I'll be thinking of Rocky Mountain Spotted Feet all night. 

I'm terrible - I audit human subjects research and come across all kinds of little known diseases under study. I'm gonna tell aliya jr that I had an audit for Rocky Mountain Spotted Feet, and that it's spreading into our state. He's such a hypochondriac, he'll be shaking in his boots. hahahahaha

I may have once been party to an April fools prank wherein friend A called friend B and told her she was with the tanning salon, and there had recently been an outbreak of scurvy, “a highly contagious skin condition, which looks like freckles all over your body.” Naturally friend B, being very fair, had done nothing BUT freckle ever since she started “tanning.” She was also a lovely girl, one we knew would have a  vague recollection of having heard of scurvy before but no idea what it was. It was a very effective prank. Friend B laughed heartily upon learning she was perfectly fine —after calling me a bitch, of course. 😊

Edited by CringeWatcher
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Azubah said:

They're not rhetorical, but I've never found a good answer from googling around. If you're overweight your lymphatic system gets screwed up, and the lymphatic fluid doesn't flow properly. So I guess it pools? 

I've seen lymphedema on small people too though.

3 minutes ago, ProTourist said:

The only Dwayne I remember is from "One Day at a Time" -- the original series from the 70s. Dwayne Schneider was the building's superintendent, played by terrific actor Patrick Harrington.

So many Dwaynes, so little time.

My personal favorite though

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

lymphoma and lymphedema are different. "oma" is cancerous, edema is fluid collection.  Blockage of the lymph glands is very much a part of how it starts. Sitting and/or not moving around will exacerbate the issue.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

I am fascinated by the butt wings? Did the person sit so much that the fat shifted there? [/Armchair gets up and walks around the room out of fear of getting them]

LMAO (hopefully). I got a vision when I read this of butt wings wedged in the chair, and a pounder walking around with the chair still attached!

• LOL 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

In these people (there are other issues that can cause lymphedemas too), the fat tissue swells to the point where it constricts the flow of lymph - especially in the legs, where it has to flow against the gravity.  Then over time the body tries to deal with that - it is not normal and potentially dangerous - growing other tissue there - so it hardens, not just swells.  And then it hangs there. 

As far as the round shape - I think it's basically physics, tension - just think of pouring water in the middle of a stretched piece of rubber or cloth - how the shape it assumes is kind of circular too.

Edited by Hellga
  • Useful 5
17 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Liberty Mutual is all about earworms that play constantly in your head.

Except "Limu eeeeeemu....and Doug" is a clunker.  I have to change the channel or mute the tv when that dumb crap comes on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, cmpbl said:

I've seen lymphedema on small people too though.

Yes, there are other things that can cause it. If you damage your lymph nodes or have the nodes removed after cancer treatment you can get lymphedemas.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

If the mom goes back with the same man she most likely goes back to her same habits and won't feel challenged to improve herself.

Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee that she won't be a success story at the end of this hour.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Jennifer needs an intervention by Stacy and what's-his-name from WNTW.   I hate that there are no new episodes of that--it would be a great crossover with this.   Complete makeovers for the ones that reach the target weight.    I can't deal with her braids and that dress.  Or is the dress just a top?

Except Clinton and Stacy won't ever appear on screen together again, according to Clinton.  His snark on Stacy London is hilarious.

Edited by littlebennysmom
Typo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Julyolo said:

I got a vision when I read this of butt wings wedged in the chair, and a pounder walking around with the chair still attached!

I have read about people like Gayle Grinds who was literally fused to the sofa, so large she couldn't move from the sofa for years. eek!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1