Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E25 Jennifer & Marissa & Liz LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, hoosiermom said:

See ya'll next week if there is a new episode.

Yes, next week is another follow-up on Milla -- the second one of this season, but this episode is all to herself.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Julyolo said:

I am beginning to wonder if more of these people die from continually gaining and then losing weight than outright obesity.

Yes, that's what killed Sean. The huge weight gain-loss-gain every few months put terrible strain on his heart.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Wait, there's a sister? did we know about her?

At the beginning of their first episode, Jennifer explained that she had had three children total -- two with her husband, and one which was the product of an affair.

She had her daughter Marissa at age 16; her son Payton (not seen in the first episode except briefly in an old photo) at age 19. Her third pregnancy at age 22 she kept hidden from her husband, and when the boy was born she gave him up for adoption.

Since Jennifer had just one daughter, I would guess that Marissa's sister would be a half-sister, from another marriage/relationship that her father had had.

At one point Jennifer had lost custody of Marissa and Payton, due to substance abuse issues she developed after she got together with Dwayne. She and Dwayne lived alone for several years, while Marissa and Payton lived with their grandparents. I'm guessing these were her ex-husband's parents from the way she phrased it. And I would also guess that the two of them maintained a relationship with their father while living with their grandparents, and got to know their half-sibling(s).

Marissa said that when she was 18 she went back to live with her mother (and Dwayne) since her mother's health had taken a big turn for the worse and she did not want her mother to become bed-bound. And she had been living with her mother again since then, as her care-giver, but while also working outside the home. No word on what became of her brother Payton -- he's probably just living his own life.

Edited by ProTourist
Add info
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:
1 hour ago, CringeWatcher said:

Um...tastykakes? Sounds almost as dangerous as oranges!

They were super delicious snack cakes back in the day. After they sold the company, MEH. Smaller and less flavorful.

But I'll still never turn down Butterscotch Krimpets or Kandy Kakes.

I wouldn't either along with those fudge bars.  I see they don't use the phrase "enrobed in chocolate" anymore.  Pity.

1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

Kwik Trip rules!

Agreed.  Good coffee and their rib sandwiches are much better than McRibs.  They're considered one of the best employers in our part of the Midwest as they use a considerable part of their profits to provide stock shares to their employees.

• Useful 1