Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/17/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 6/17/2019 at 2:33 PM, Haleth said:

I may be totally off base, but I seem to remember one time when they were airing from Las Vegas when Barbara was still on the show they had an up and coming young artist on who went by the odd name of Lady Gaga.

(It may have been someone else.  Dang old age memory!)

No, i think you are correct.  I have a veeeeeeery dim vague memory of that. @Haleth  i do think you're on to something.  Research! Yeah!

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

When Whoopi was informing the audience that Gloria Vanderbilt had passed, MM kept interjecting.  It was like an SNL skit or something.  So glad the camera stayed on Whoopi.

That's why they need a shock collar on Meghan to zap her whenever she needs to stop barking.  Whoopi, Sunny, Joy and Ana have gotten better at just ignoring MM and continuing to talk.  Now the cameraperson needs to consistently stay on the speaker and not switch over to MM until Whoopi (or Joy) says she can speak.  Yesterday I didn't watch them walk out and I didn't know that Meghan was there until they panned out near the end of the first segment since the cameraperson had cropped the shot to only include the other panelists.  Odd, but enjoyable. I wonder if she came out in one of her snits. 

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, deirdra said:

That's why they need a shock collar on Meghan to zap her whenever she needs to stop barking.  

Odd, but enjoyable. I wonder if she came out in one of her snits. 

Totally agree with the shock collar.

Yes, she did look snitty when she walked out!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Vegas Baby.  Ok i couldnt paste them but a general search found several images of them in Vegas.  Agreeing with Guest re Walters, the guest was Elizabeth Vargas who had written a book about rehab, and shared of being an active alcoholic.  She talked her different tricks to get through a day, and nobody knew.  Barbara says 'oh they knew'. Uh? What a bitch.  My viewpoint changed thus evermore. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
5 hours ago, film noire said:

That was unbelievable. 

John McCain's Daughter spends every moment of the show waving her father's shroud at the audience as if it were a team spirit banner, but somebody else's friend is dismissed with "She's dead!" and one of her hyena cackles? Fucking spiritual hypocrite. She only respects the dead she can use to draw attention to herself, not the concept of respecting the dead, period. So much for her "All American" values (right up there with women's bodies being held as the property of the state and subject to forced breeding.) 

Fuck her and her brutal, synthetic politics - I'd suggest an "Every time John McCain's Daughter inadvertently pisses on her cherished Yankee Doodle Dandy beliefs" drinking game,  but we'd never get our lips off the bottle.

gif patsy.gif

Pats for president!

Edited by Tammee
Thats Patsy from AbFab. My msg was kind of cryptic w/o the picture lol
  • Love 4

watching the rest of the show now.  Meghan talks about the kid who isn't going to Harvard - it isn't fair that one mistake can ruin your life.  REALLY?  first, not getting into Harvard doesn't RUIN your life.  Second, kids make mistakes in high school that affect their college chances - if you don't study for a final, do a half-assed job on a paper, or get detention for goofing around, these actions can influence your college acceptance.  So it's not too much to understand that posting racist comments on social media can also influence your chances.  

• Love 23

Rosemary Clooney may be "DEAD!!!" but her five children, including actors Rafael and Miguel Ferrar, nephew George Clooney and wife, and well know brother (George's father) Nick Clooney are here...and most likely grieving and insulted! Apparently Meghan McCain has sympathy for only one person affected by death.

• Love 18

I can't remember, why didn't Meghan get an appointment to Annapolis? Wasn't she smart enough?  Surely she felt it her patriotic duty as part of a "military family" to serve..and not at a lower level--something requiring the Legacy of Annapolis.  Couldn' someone pull strings?

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Rosemary Clooney may be "DEAD!!!" but her five children, including actors Rafael and Miguel Ferrar, nephew George Clooney and wife, and well know brother (George's father) Nick Clooney are here...and most likely grieving and insulted! Apparently Meghan McCain has sympathy for only one person affected by death.

Miguel Ferrer died in Jan. of 2017....

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I can't remember, why didn't Meghan get an appointment to Annapolis? Wasn't she smart enough?  Surely she felt it her patriotic duty as part of a "military family" to serve..and not at a lower level--something requiring the Legacy of Annapolis.  Couldn' someone pull strings?

Her family is in politics,  according to Meghan.  That is until she needs to reference the military service of her family to somehow prop herself up.🤷🏽‍♀️

Meghan is actually in neither but that's never stopped her from using her family's accomplishments. No need for pesky details like joining the military or running for office will stand in Meghan's way.🤨

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yes, she did look snitty when she walked out!!!!

In other words, Tuesday.

4 hours ago, Jaded said:

Miguel Ferrer died in Jan. of 2017....

He did?  I didn't know that.  He was a great actor. 😪

• Love 9
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

watching the rest of the show now.  Meghan talks about the kid who isn't going to Harvard - it isn't fair that one mistake can ruin your life.  REALLY?  first, not getting into Harvard doesn't RUIN your life.  Second, kids make mistakes in high school that affect their college chances - if you don't study for a final, do a half-assed job on a paper, or get detention for goofing around, these actions can influence your college acceptance.  So it's not too much to understand that posting racist comments on social media can also influence your chances.  

I don't understand how posting racist things on social media is a "mistake".  So the mistake was letting people know you feel that way?  I totally agree with Sunny's son. Why should he have to attend school with someone who would think he is beneath him?  As much as I hate racism and any form of bigotry at least social media has shown us the people who have those beliefs and we are free to not associate with them.

• Love 23

I've been paying close attention when they go to a break and I haven't seen any interaction between NutMeg and Sunny in ages!  It seemed to me Sunny used to go out of her way to engage the brat in an attempt to keep her calm but those days seem to over and Sunny is letting it be known in an unspoken manner. I think the 'why are you looking at me' comment was the final straw. Sunny turns to either Joy or Ana and starts talking and the bitch sips from her cup and looks at her blue cards.  I definitely think Sunny told her in no uncertain terms that she will never have to worry about her looking at her again.  The tension is very obvious.  

• Love 23

At first I was wondering why Harvard didn't review social media posts before issuing acceptances, but rescinding them does reinforce the concept that what you say publicly has consequences.  I suspect, however, that the legacy students aren't subject to the same scrutiny.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

I've been paying close attention when they go to a break and I haven't seen any interaction between NutMeg and Sunny in ages!  It seemed to me Sunny used to go out of her way to engage the brat in an attempt to keep her calm but those days seem to over and Sunny is letting it be known in an unspoken manner. I think the 'why are you looking at me' comment was the final straw. Sunny turns to either Joy or Ana and starts talking and the bitch sips from her cup and looks at her blue cards.  I definitely think Sunny told her in no uncertain terms that she will never have to worry about her looking at her again.  The tension is very obvious.  

Good for Sunny.  That is how you deal with an unruly child. You ignore them.  Meghan thrives on confrontation.  She likes causing a commotion. The rest of the table have caught onto that and aren't playing her game.  When she yelled out she's dead in regard to Rosemary Clooney Joy was stunned by Meghan's rudeness.  You could tell she wanted to put that brat in  her place but she held back and simply said she was a friend.  If Meghan had said that about one of Whoopi's friends I don't think Whoopi would have held back.

• Love 22
(edited)
8 hours ago, deirdra said:

At first I was wondering why Harvard didn't review social media posts before issuing acceptances, but rescinding them does reinforce the concept that what you say publicly has consequences.  I suspect, however, that the legacy students aren't subject to the same scrutiny.

Colleges look at social media probably more after the offer/acceptance. This way they can see who the kid really is, because the kid thinks “they’re in” and can do anything they want to now. My son is an incoming HS senior and we are in the football recruiting process. We’ve seen several scholarship offered rescinded from athletes because of their post offer behavior (not from my son, just what we see nationwide in social media).  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 8

Wasn't she just talking about respecting her elders a few weeks ago? Obviously she has zero respect for her elders. Joy literally asked her a simple question: what do Trump supporters hate? She didn't yell, like at all. Instead of answering, Meghan became ridiculously irritated. It was so stupid. I laughed though when Meghan said, "I know you're angry," and Joy calmly said, "you're right, I'm angry." LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

Who has the stun gun?  And, what are you waiting for?

Huge Meg is now inviting people not to watch the show.  That's an interesting strategy.  And, before I retired, if I had ever announced how hard and miserable my job was, I would have been invited to quit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

And the up-talking from this Bitch is out of control this week.  Like dialled up to 100.  I can't listen to it anymore.  She obviously watches a lot of Keeping up with the Kardashians, too, along with her beloved Housewives.  My ears cannot tolerate that sound from a grown ass woman.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

I love Joy but sorry, not buying the whole "we get along back stage" thing. It was mostly Meghan insisting they get along and everything is hunky-dory anyway. And she said she loves fighting with Joy. It's uncomfortable for most viewers and I'm tired of seeing it. Also, telling viewers we shouldn't watch if we don't like it? Really? Smh.

Exactly, but I know I'm about to take that bitch's advice (if she can call Joy one, I'm damn sure gonna call her one) and stop watching.  I have better things to do at 11AM. 

• Love 22

Oh Good Grief!  Rolling my eyes over Meghan telling us not to watch the show if we get easily offended!  And saying that she & Joy are friends who enjoy calling each other "B****"...Joy did not say much about that statement.  And what the HECK is that 'Crown" on her head?!

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Exactly! If I wanted to watch people with different political beliefs yell at each other, I would watch CNN. It is uncomfortable to watch Megan be rude to the ladies over a difference of opinion.  She got so offended because Joy asked her point blank, why are the Trump supporters so enamored of him. That is a legitimate question, she got disrespectful and defensive. She also painted herself as a victim, it is sickening..

Exactly. MEGHAN was the one that made the statement "they love him [Trump] because they hate the same things that HE hates" - when pressed further, she went batshit crazy. 

• Love 24
(edited)

I'll take a day or two break, come back and watch and then something like this happens, which makes me wonder why I'm watching at all. It's gone off the deep end and I really only watch because of Joy at this point.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wow. She is non apologetic and lecturing the audience about being snowflakes. Telling snowflakes to not watch. She needs to be fired. 

I really like Joy. But she annoyed me with her little remark about maybe they should watch the Talk. 

I turned it off after their little lecture to us. Whatever. Ok they all love each other. They call each bitch all the time. We need to get over it. Meghan make ridiculous statements and it's all good. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Exactly, but I know I'm about to take that bitch's advice (if she can call Joy one, I'm damn sure gonna call her one) and stop watching.  I have better things to do at 11AM. 

I’m with you JAYD83...I’m out too.  I absolutely do not watch this show because Meghan McCain is going to cry about her dad (he’s dead Meghan) I’ll check in on the boards, and when her head finally blows up, I’ll watch that

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I really Joy. But she annoyed me with her little remark about maybe they should watch the Talk. 

I turned it off after their little lecture to us. Whatever. Ok they all love each other. They call each bitch all the time. We need to get over it. Meghan make ridiculous statements and it's all good. 

I missed Joy saying that.  And I am with you, that annoys me.  Actually, that pisses me off big time.  You know what Whoopi, Meghan and Joy?  I think I am done with you all for right now.  It was made pretty damn clear to me a few minutes ago that my viewership isn't all that important anymore.  I'll take Joy's condescending advice and go watch The Talk. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

I missed Joy saying that.  And I am with you, that annoys me.  Actually, that pisses me off big time.  You know what Whoopi, Meghan and Joy?  I think I am done with you all for right now.  It was made pretty damn clear to me a few minutes ago that my viewership isn't all that important anymore.  I'll take Joy's condescending advice and go watch The Talk. 

I also didn't hear Joy say that, wow. Yeah, maybe it's time to just read the comments here and not watch for awhile. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

And the up-talking from this Bitch is out of control this week.  Like dialled up to 100.  I can't listen to it anymore.  She obviously watches a lot of Keeping up with the Kardashians, too, along with her beloved Housewives.  My ears cannot tolerate that sound from a grown ass woman.

I understand if someone enjoys those shows. I personally don't but that is OK.  If I don't want to watch them I don't.  But this the View.  It's a daytime talk show.  Barbara Walters created this show so women of different ages and background could discuss the topics of the day.   She would be horrified that this is what it has turned into.  And we can blame Meghan McCain for that.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Yeah it was just after Meghan said you shouldn't watch if you're offended easily. Joy said in a low tone but very clear. 

Your right, It actually did piss me off. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

I understand if someone enjoys those shows. I personally don't but that is OK.  If I don't want to watch them I don't. 

Oh, me, too.  My beloved Mom who is my favourite person in the whole world watches them all.  I am not slagging on people who watch either shows.  My Kardashian comment is specifically referring to the style of speech Meghan shares with all the Kardashian sisters.  Nails on a chalkboard to me.  I can't bare it.

• Love 9