Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/17/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

55 minutes ago, bella1716 said:

Also, call me stupid but why does this show need so many commercials. Do they not have money? and why do they dedicate 10 minutes to informercials. I don't think it was always like this 

I wonder the same thing!   I will watch Hot Topics, maybe the guest, if I'm interested, but I always ALWAYS change the channel when the products sales pitch segment comes on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I wonder the same thing!   I will watch Hot Topics, maybe the guest, if I'm interested, but I always ALWAYS change the channel when the products sales pitch segment comes on.

Yea i always FF through those segments too.  I wonder if there is a way to tell that viewership suddenly drops off mid ep and not check why.  Ok somebody write that code 😽 blah. If they dont respond to complaints regarding you know who, they wont be bothered with viewership.  That would be good for a focus group.  When i was first starting out and needed cash, i would find focus groups.  They paid well and was pretty interesting.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bella1716 said:

lso, call me stupid but why does this show need so many commercials. Do they not have money? and why do they dedicate 10 minutes to informercials. I don't think it was always like this

Hey, they have to pay for Meg's eyeshadow somehow. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)

Today it was so annoying because they had no time for each topic and even though there are only 4 of them they all did not get to speak on each topic.

Plus who cares about MM's deaddad distraction and we should all go to Vegas and eat at the finest restaurant and be at a venue with Gaga?

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Haleth said:
  3 hours ago, bella1716 said:

lso, call me stupid but why does this show need so many commercials. Do they not have money? and why do they dedicate 10 minutes to informercials. I don't think it was always like this

The amount of commercials is ridiculous enough but they have to add in all the ABC show promos! Ugh, just ugh!

I now have to tape the show to watch it so I can FF through them.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I have friends who do them with beautiful results.  They have all kinds of pencils--including watercolor pencils. Lots of tricks; lots of blending...but for me, the enjoyment comes seeing those who can "pick color palettes." (P.S. I've given two away to a friend because I'd rather read or watch TV...and I'm not talented enough to color at the same time.) 

Hah I'm  sure thats not so.  Although i have had that happen many times when doing both and not remember anything about the show I had on.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I’ve mostly stopped watching. I FF through MM, commercials, and any view your crap segments which is almost the entire hour. Soon I’ll just take it right off the PVR  and stop recording too 

Edited by Dahlia
Punctuation
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I didn't go to college at all.   But we were taught sentence structure in the 8th grade.  I don't think they teach anything remotely like that at all today, and it shows.  

She's old enough to where they still taught it when she was in school. I doubt she paid much attention during any of her schooling years though. I should say she probably didn't pay any attention to anything the teachers were teaching.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Haleth said:

I may be totally off base, but I seem to remember one time when they were airing from Las Vegas when Barbara was still on the show they had an up and coming young artist on who went by the odd name of Lady Gaga.

(It may have been someone else.  Dang old age memory!)

She was on The View the first time in 2009 when the show went to Disney in CA. I remembered because they taped the episodes from there outside...

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan was majorly up-talking during that Vegas discussion.  "I had the best time ever????"  "You guys should come with me???"  I would have died if Whoopi had stepped in with her Valley girl talk.  But like @Alexis2291 said, none of them seemed to give two shits about the topic, so Whoopi couldn't even be bothered.

All of them were looking at her like STFU.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

She was on The View the first time in 2009 when the show went to Disney in CA. I remembered because they taped the episodes from there outside...

Ah, so I was sort of right, but conflated two road trips.

• Love 2

I loved seeing Eva Longoria on yesterday’s show. I thought it was a bit funny for Roselyn Sanchez to be there at the same time, because in some ways her character on Marc Cherry’s Devious Maids was the same one Longoria filled on Cherry’s Desperate Housewives—the selfish one who provides comic relief. Of course, Housewives was much better than DM ever was... I watched Grand Hotel last night even though I already know it's going to bomb in the ratings. But I could've guessed that from the commercials alone.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Looked it up. It was in 2004. From an article prior to the show:

Among the guests who will be appearing on "The View" when the ABC daytime talker comes to Vegas from Feb. 16 to Feb. 20 will be Elton John, Meg Ryan, Jerry Lewis and Dave Navarro and Carmen Electra.

Show stars Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Barbara Walters will be broadcasting poolside from Caesars Palace.

The first Vegas trip was right before Star’s wedding saga. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I loved seeing Eva Longoria on yesterday’s show. I thought it was a bit funny for Roselyn Sanchez to be there at the same time, because in some ways her character on Marc Cherry’s Devious Maids was the same one Longoria filled on Cherry’s Desperate Housewives—the selfish one who provides comic relief. Of course, Housewives was much better than DM ever was... I watched Grand Hotel last night even though I already know it's going to bomb in the ratings. But I could've guessed that from the commercials alone.

I loved Grand Hotel. So glad I caught yesterday’s view to know that it was starting. Mindless summer trashy tv at its finest. 

• Love 7
(edited)

They are spending way too much time on this topic. Who cares about whether this kid goes to Harvard or not?  Move on!

So Meg, wearing flags is not disrespectful but kneeling is?  

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

They are spending way too much time on this topic. Who cares about whether this kid goes to Harvard or not?  Move on!

Especially because the only two with a real opinion (Joy and Ana) stayed those opinions early on .... Sunny waffled arpund and Meghan just tossed a lot of words out of her mouth

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

"The tribal left," Meghan? Really? Joy and Sunny just laid out how much of an obstructionist, partisan hack Mitch McConnell is and always has been, and you believe it's "the tribal left" who would be unwilling to work with the other party? 😐

Re: Biden's comments on working across the aisle, I do think he's being a bit too optimistic in thinking that. It's a different time. Things have changed, drastically. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Re: Biden's comments on working across the aisle, I do think he's being a bit too optimistic in thinking that. It's a different time. Things have changed, drastically. 

And Biden should know this.  He was VP for eight years and saw how little got done by working across the aisle.

• Love 12
(edited)
22 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

And Biden should know this.  He was VP for eight years and saw how little got done by working across the aisle.

I’m sure he does. Try to appeal to independents, get elected, get more Ds in the Senate on his coattails, hopefully get some things done. 

Whoever it was who thought Whoopi acted ill yesterday was right. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

Is Willie Nelson okay? 

He's an old stoner lol.

Biden is trying to play nice and speak to  people who are on the fence with Trump ( how can anyone be on the fence idk) so I'm like whatever.  He knows who Mitch McConnell is.  Biden wants to get the nomination.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Megan is just a partisan moron. I cannot believe that she is blaming the left again for McConnel's venality and of course she had to paint herself as a victim of the horrible mean liberals. All that talk about going back to the days of Reagan and O'Neill is just a smokescreen for not admitting what her tribe did to the senate. Sunny outlined how he prevented Obama from sitting 79 judges and she did not care. Merrick Garland being denied a hearing changed the supreme court.  This is all a game to Megan and she does not care if her team cheats in order to win.  

Joy is right it is Mitch's senate and not ours.  Megan got all bitchy with Joy for saying that Kentucky should vote him out. That will not happen because Kentucky is gerrymandered and the voter suppression of the Democratic electorate in that state. 

Biden is delusional if he thinks that Mitch will be fair to him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

He's either tired or high ... LOL!!!

2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

He's an old stoner lol.

I just don't remember him being like this the last time he was on, but y'all are probably right - he's more than likely tired and/or high, lmao.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Ronald Reagan was President from 1981-1989.  I think Meghan said she was born in 1985.  At other times Meghan has said she can’t be expected to know about things that happened before she was born, but, she is knows all things Reagan from when she was 4.

The Willie Nelson interview was really uncomfortable.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

What the hell is going on with Dax Shepherd  eyes, well actually under his eyes? I noticed it on Colbert now that's all I'm looking at. Very strange. 

It looks like he went on a long motor cyle ride & those are goggle marks????

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I thought it was a bad makeup job and someone did a lousy job of blending the undereye concealer. But I guess not if he looked that way on Colbert's show too. Whatever it is, it's very noticeable and distracting. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

There is SO MUCH tension at the table.  They other hosts are walking on eggshells so Meghan does not go ballistic.  Both yesterday and today, the first Hot Topic was so awkward.  When Whoopi and Joy asked for the other hosts opinions, they stared at each other and seemed afraid to speak first.  When Meghan started going off  about Rosemary Clooney and shouted "She's Dead", Joy said that the stage manager was having a breakdown.  I believe the Dark Princess of Arizona has caused this tension, not because she is a conservative but because she is an entitled bratty toddler.  This tension is so unpleasant and really bad tv.  Meghan needs to be fired.

The ladies are also tired of her as well. Sunny's body language towards Megan is very interesting.  Joy also told Megan that she knew Rosemary Clooney very well in response to Megan's bratty behavior.

• Love 21
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The ladies are also tired of her as well. Sunny's body language towards Megan is very interesting.  Joy also told Megan that she knew Rosemary Clooney very well in response to Megan's bratty behavior.

I bet Meghan had no idea who Rosemary Clooney was.

I love that Princess of Arizona was all offended on behalf of Kentucky voters, because she thought Joy was telling them how to Vote. Stfu Meghan. If can listen to you tell Democrats how to run campaigns we can listen to Joy joke about Kentucky voters. 

I also thought it was bad makeup on Dax on Colbert.  I think he had a procedure done. It looks bad. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I bet Meghan had no idea who Rosemary Clooney was.

Ha!  Good thing no one told Meg that Rosemary’s nephew is that elite Hollywood liberal!

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Ha!  Good thing no one told Meg that Rosemary’s nephew is that elite Hollywood liberal!

At least it's not Leonardo DiCaprio.  😀

I like the idea  mentioned up thread of someone screaming "he's dead!" everytime Daddy McCain is mentioned lol. We can watch Meggy get the Vapors and faint. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
(edited)

I'm glad Sunny tried to bring up the poor family in Arizona that were surrounded by police at gunpoint because of a 4 year old stealing a doll. 

I'm sure the princess didn't want her "home" state talked about this time. Nice try Sunny.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 24

NutMeg was weirder than usual when she wouldn't speak about the Parkland guy and wanted everyone to go before her.  It was like she waiting to ambush them.  She did manage to get in there that she wondered if he had a "target on his back" (oops, she tried to recover from that faux pas) because he is pro-NRA and a conservative.  She didn't even need to reference that because they already proved that Harvard admissions is consistent in this regard, but NutMeg couldn't resist.

And yes, there are plenty of stupid tweets etc out there by NutMeg and she was in her twenties, not sixteen.  

• Love 18
57 minutes ago, bannana said:

NutMeg was weirder than usual when she wouldn't speak about the Parkland guy and wanted everyone to go before her.  It was like she waiting to ambush them.  She did manage to get in there that she wondered if he had a "target on his back" (oops, she tried to recover from that faux pas) because he is pro-NRA and a conservative.  She didn't even need to reference that because they already proved that Harvard admissions is consistent in this regard, but NutMeg couldn't resist.

And yes, there are plenty of stupid tweets etc out there by NutMeg and she was in her twenties, not sixteen.  

The guy whose offer to attend Harvard was rescinded - yeah, Meghan thought it was an issue because he was "conservative".  Wait, does conservative mean racist?   Because I read his social media post, and it was pretty vile.  here's a link to one post: 

https://twitter.com/bingyi93/status/1140692006093672448

The reason Meghan is conflicted about the issue is that her fellow republicans cannot agree on which side they're supposed to be on.  I agree that it was weird how she said she didn't want to respond until everyone else did.   She likes having that "Last word", doesn't she?  

As to the whole "kids don't mature untl their 20's"  yeah, OK, so what?  do we delay employment, joining the military, until 25?  The posts this kid made were when he was in high school, the same time frame that he was applying for colleges.  He is in the generation where parents and teachers warn kids that what they say and do online MATTERS, and your behavior in a public arena has consequences.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
22 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

The guy whose offer to attend Harvard was rescinded - yeah, Meghan thought it was an issue because he was "conservative".  Wait, does conservative mean racist?   Because I read his social media post, and it was pretty vile.  here's a link to one post: 

https://twitter.com/bingyi93/status/1140692006093672448

The reason Meghan is conflicted about the issue is that her fellow republicans cannot agree on which side they're supposed to be on.  I agree that it was weird how she said she didn't want to respond until everyone else did.   She likes having that "Last word", doesn't she?  

As to the whole "kids don't mature untl their 20's"  yeah, OK, so what?  do we delay employment, joining the military, until 25?  The posts this kid made were when he was in high school, the same time frame that he was applying for colleges.  He is in the generation where parents and teachers warn kids that what they say and do online MATTERS, and your behavior in a public arena has consequences.  

How did this even become a public story? Did the kid go public?  Why?

Yeah, that tweet is stupid and disgusting.  I don't know why he would want this to come to light.

ETA: I went to find out the answers to my own questions.  Kyle is the one who put this in the public purview by tweeting multiple tweets about it.  What an idiot.

Edited by bannana
Cause I should just use the google machine instead of lazily asking questions.
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

I’m totally done with Meghan’s remarks about the left being a problem.  Today her comment about the good old days of bipartisanship was the cherry.  Meghan, you want to go back to the days of working together for the good of the country, then fix your own damn party.  They’re the problem and have been for years...and they’re getting worse.  She never seems to take any responsibility as a (supposedly) different thinking R for fixing the Republicans...go help alternative republicans win primaries over obstructionists, help defeat trump, vote for a democrat, start a real Republican Party...lots of ways to try to get that back.  Unfortunately I think the Rs as they are are basically broken. 

Meghan doesn’t listen to herself yammer on and in any more than the rest of us do 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5