Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Cannes You Cook?

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, langford peel said:

A foie gras burger? I am totally grossed out. I don’t want to see anything stuffed down a goose’s throat. Except maybe Kyle Richards.

But lots of people do like it. Foie grass burgers are a thing. I mean I doubt it was cooked properly because it’s Mila and you typically wouldn’t also have bottled ranch on it but it is a thing that people enjoy. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I know it’s silly to be morally opposed to a type of food. I mean veal cutlets are just about my favorite sandwich. But a diseased goose liver is just too nasty for me. Plus I think it tastes like crap. I would have sent that right back to Siberia.

Edited by langford peel
On 6/20/2019 at 12:40 AM, biakbiak said:

That is not how I remember that at all. She couldn’t even sweep.

And that was after she stopped puking two charters in! 

I like Jack’s accent but basically because I picture an elderly professor.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Do you really think Mila could do that?

Like, I’m not a great cook (I can bake but cooking just isn’t my thing) but I can manage pancakes from scratch. It isn’t that difficult. And the boxed are even easier. My 7 year old helped with dinner tonight which was pancakes and eggs. If my 7 year old can manage boxed pancake mix then surely Mila (a faux Cordon Bleu trained chef) should. It isn’t rocket science. For 6 pancakes, it is 1 cup of mix and 2/3 cup of cold water. That’s it! I swear, it is like she is trying to be bad which just reinforces the producer plant angle. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

Wasn't she the one who couldn't make coffee either?

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Mila a faux Cordon Bleu trained chef

There was a reddit thread about Mila's training with people offering their suggestions about where she really received her training:

• A Cordon Bleu weekend course
  • A Cordon Bleu single day course
  • A Cordon Bleu online course
  • A Cordon Bleu YouTube video
  • An Arby's Cordon Bleu sandwich
  • A guy named Gordon Blue
  • Actor Corbin Bleu
  • James Corden wearing a blue shirt
Edited by HunterHunted
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

We have seen some guests be vocal about the food but the fact of the matter is a lot of people don’t care that much about the food.

I like food to a degree when traveling but multi course meals take time.  You’re spending money to be in the glamorous places that BD films in so the more time you spend sitting down for meals, the less time you have for other things.

And these guests also dress up for dinners too, which not only takes time but means packing clothes you may only wear for these dinners.

But there are certainly people who travel primarily because of food and they may prioritize fine dining over other things which draw people to certain places.

After a long day of being out, you might want to wind down, but instead of a long, big meal, you may want to relax back at the hotel.

And yeah, I don’t know that riding jet skis or doing the water slide would be the first things I’d do.  I’ve been to the South of France a couple of times and never once was I interested in things like para sailing or such.

Nothing wrong with those activities, just that it’s such a beautiful locale, adrenaline as addiction stimulus seems superfluous.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Like, I’m not a great cook (I can bake but cooking just isn’t my thing) but I can manage pancakes from scratch. It isn’t that difficult. And the boxed are even easier. My 7 year old helped with dinner tonight which was pancakes and eggs. If my 7 year old can manage boxed pancake mix then surely Mila (a faux Cordon Bleu trained chef) should. It isn’t rocket science. For 6 pancakes, it is 1 cup of mix and 2/3 cup of cold water. That’s it! I swear, it is like she is trying to be bad which just reinforces the producer plant angle. 

I'd bet your 7 year old's pancakes were round too and not globs of misshapen batter.

It smells fishy.  

I causes me to wonder if the producers overplayed their hand. They have been banking on us wanting to see passengers receiving really shitty service in a luxurious setting and they are misreading the audience and the balance that we find entertaining.

Season 1 of Below Deck  you had crew who were competent for the most part and the focus was more on their conflicting personalities and one or two with a lack of work ethic. 

Now we get people like Caroline Bedol, Kasey, Alaska Face Sierra, Andrew and several others every season. People who obviously can't do their job & from the get go they're wack jobs. People you would realize are a no go if you spent more than 10 minutes with them and checked their background. A fuck up showing up every season is getting tedious and doesn't ring true.

I'm surprised that they can still get guests who are willing to spend that much money AND put up with shitty service. I think that's also why we see repeat passengers. They are trying to fill out a season and can't get the charters. So the passengers are another producer plant.

Edited by Giselle
Apostrophes are important.
  • Love 8

This has to be a producer set-up.  There is no way that a chef as bad as Mila would last through the first meal if she was truly that bad.  My God, having a terrible chef is as bad as not having alcohol on an expensive yacht.  

1 hour ago, DALLAS8 said:

Aesha is a riot I hope she stays for another season

Anastasia is def taking over the galley 

Mila needs to goooo jesus christ

The funny lazy english is a liability, but hilarious non the less

The Aussie is trouble waiting to happen...

excited to see what happens

Oh my Aesha is my girl.  I love her giggles and her humor and her and the funny lazy English man together just kill me!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DALLAS8 said:

have the redeemer arc like Bobby and Adam get on their second season

Bobby didn't have a redemption arc in his second season. He only got worse. Malia cracks a joke that Hannah was talking shit about him. Next thing you know, he shoves open a bathroom door and screams at Hannah while she was on the toilet. He's convinced that Hannah wants him because of an incident that happened in between season 1 and season 2. He met future 3rd stew Lauryn. He invited her out and she accompanied him to a filming of WWHL. They went out to a club afterwards, but he'd also invited a couple of possible Instagram hookups too. Hannah says to Lauryn that Bobby was being a douchebag by inviting those girls. He was. Hannah isn't wrong. Bobby spends the entire season convinced that Hannah and Lauryn are actively trying to undermine him, which motivates him to actively undermine Hannah all season and I don't even like Hannah. Bobby has the temerity to make out with a charter host's yacht girl and cause a major incident.

Season 1 Bobby is bad. Season 2 Bobby is a fucking nightmare. There was definitely no redemption in season 2 for Bobby.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
20 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

I keep thinking I'm listening to Ringo.

If he busts out Yellow Submarine.....

the beatles smile GIF

Edited by dosodog
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Giselle said:

can't understand a damn thing Jack says.

You aren’t missing much other than bragging about his poor work ethic and glorious tea making skills and wanting to bang Mila even though he doesn’t believe in her homophobic beliefs.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

You aren’t missing much other than bragging about his poor work ethic and glorious tea making skills and wanting to bang Mila even though he doesn’t believe in her homophobic beliefs.

And talking about his veneers.

On 6/22/2019 at 10:30 PM, diadochokinesis said:

For 6 pancakes, it is 1 cup of mix and 2/3 cup of cold water. That’s it!

Mila wasn't using the "complete" mix. She had the one where you need to add egg, milk, and oil. There are good reasons why that would be the one on board, but Mila probably had trouble just keeping eggshells out of the batter.

• LOL 2
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

You aren’t missing much other than bragging about his poor work ethic and glorious tea making skills

I was too lazy to rewind-- but did he do anything particularly special in making the tea? Or was it "put tea bag in cup add hot water"?

(edited)
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I was too lazy to rewind-- but did he do anything particularly special in making the tea? Or was it "put tea bag in cup add hot water"?

He didn’t share his secrets though it appeared to have milk and sugar which is common in the UK and how I take mine but I know a lot of people who wouldn’t approve! My mom still refers to the way I take it as “baby tea” when I am visiting.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
On 6/17/2019 at 9:54 PM, pieinmyeye said:

Going into this season after not caring for Hannah past seasons, I had high hopes for her after the first couple of episodes. After about 20 minutes of this episode, not so much. She acts like she’s in middle school. I don’t agree with what Mila said at all, but Hannah is spreading what she said like wildfire.  Her lack of decorum doesn’t say chief stew to me.

So true!  I want to like Hannah- she is such a hard worker, but she takes such delight in rubbing a person's face in their failure.  She just can't resist humiliating a person.  It's not that Mila is in the right, she probably lied about her training, but it's as if Hannah salivates at finding someone to destroy and takes too much pleasure in it.  

On 6/20/2019 at 11:19 AM, TexasGal said:

To me it was doubly funny.  First, you wouldn't expect claws in crab salad.  That's just basic.  As if maybe she thinks the claws themselves are edible. 

Second, because it came out of a can.  She wasn't breaking up a crab and pulling the meat out where maybe a piece of the claw or shell would end up in there. 

But crab claws are generally edible.  Some people prefer the claw meat.

On 6/22/2019 at 7:47 PM, howiveaddict said:

Wasn't she the one who couldn't make coffee either?

I can't really make coffee because I don't drink it.  I can go through the motions, but I have no idea if it's good or shit.  Of course I also don't say I'm a trained barista on my resume.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

The way it was discussed they were talking about shells not claw meat.

2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I can't really make coffee because I don't drink it.  I can go through the motions, but I have no idea if it's good or shit.  Of course I also don't say I'm a trained barista on my resume.

They have a pod system on board so anyone could make coffee though she managed to mess it up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Thanks to the After Show titled Aesha's Greatest (or Most Outrageous) Moments, I now know the poop story goes on longer than we saw on the show. Avoid it.

Spoiler

She tastes her poop. Ugh! Hannah is correct. Aesha is the dirtiest bitch!

There were other stories about Aesha repeatedly accidentally flashing her pudendum.

Edited by HunterHunted