Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E12: Tom Hanks, Gwyneth Paltrow, Tom Holland, Jake Gyllenhall, rapper Stormzy

• Start Topic

Together on Graham’s sofa tonight: Hollywood superstar Tom Hanks, voicing Woody the Cowboy once more in Toy Story 4; Oscar-winner Gwyneth Paltrow, promoting the In Goop Health summit; and from Spider-Man: Far From Home, stars Tom Holland and Jake Gyllenhaal. With music from British rap star Stormzy.

Gwyneth looks different. There’s something up with her mouth (teeth?) and it’s affecting the way she speaks. It’s like she’s speaking through slightly clenched teeth, and not in a Lovey Howell way. I also think she might have stopped using dermal fillers. Very strange. I hope it’s not a health issue. 

• Love 1

I am an admitted Gwyneth hater, she drives me nuts for no real reason.  But I really hope she knows Tom Holland from the way she kept touching him.  Edited: ok clearly not a super hero movie watcher, he just mentioned being in Iron Man so I guess they do know each other.  I still hate her.  🤣

Jake Gyllenhall is pretty funny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Jake Gyllenhall is pretty funny.

Has he always been so droll?

I'm pretty sure Gwyneth Paltrow didn't introduce gluten-free to the world, but whatever, Goop. I subscribe to the newsletter because I find it hilarious. Rich people will buy a lot of dumb, overpriced crap. Her recipes can be legit delicious, though.

Hanks's story about not being served a beer because he didn't have a bracelet cracked me up. I work part-time for a retailer that sells beer, and technically we're supposed to card anyone who looks under 40. Of course the problem is, What does 40 look like? So I end up carding people who I think might be in their early 20s, and they usually end up being in their mid 30s, LOL. They're usually good sports about it, though some people get a bit snippy. I'd be flattered to be carded these days!

• Love 2

Tom Hanks just will not shut up!

I feel for Tom Holland.  The other time he was on, he had to be a good sport and walk around with Andy Serkis' ape crutches.  This time it's Tom Hanks endless stories.

• Love 2

I love Tom Hanks. He could talk all day and I would be happy. I find him always entertaining.

Jake Gyllenhaal's dry sense of humor surprised me. He was a lot of fun. As was Tom Holland.

Gwyneth was ok. I know she bugs a lot of people, but I didn't think she was too bad, except when she was talking repeatedly about people removing obstacles.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, peeayebee said:

she was talking repeatedly about people removing obstacles.

...Followed immediately by Tom Hanks complaining that he was forced to show ID to buy a beer at Stagecoach. Obstacle indeed! I smiled.

• LOL 1

I feel like Hanks may have fewer obstacles removed due to his celebrity than most because who would be worried about HIM having a meltdown and getting them fired for just doing their jobs?

On 7/16/2019 at 2:17 PM, Bruinsfan said:

I feel like Hanks may have fewer obstacles removed due to his celebrity than most because who would be worried about HIM having a meltdown and getting them fired for just doing their jobs?

Good point.  But on the contrary, maybe people want to do things for him because he's such a nice guy.

Oh, I'd imagine he gets all the favoritism possible when it's not a risk to the person providing it, but suspect he gets fewer "you know this could get me pink-slipped" privileges based on affection than Kate Gosselyn or Oprah can badger their way into.

(edited)

I don't remember seeing anyone (bar musical guests & Graham himself) wearing an ear mic and Gwyneth was wearing a tragus earring. Unless it was in the other side, I don't think she was wearing any earpiece, either. 

Edited by sum

For me, Tom Hanks comes across a bit like Will Smith or Tom Cruise, exuding a certain sense that he is beloved and can blather on. I don’t enjoy him as much as he seems to enjoy himself. Gwyneth was less insufferable than I anticipated, and Tom Holland and Jake Gyllenhaal made good use of their time.  

• Love 1

Oh and I forgot. I watched this with my dad who has no prior exposure to Tom Holland. The first thing my dad said when he saw Tom Holland was “what on earth is going on with his mouth, what does he keep in there?”

and I replied “there’s a whole internet sub culture dedicated to that very issue.”

🐸

• LOL 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Frisson said:

For me, Tom Hanks comes across a bit like Will Smith or Tom Cruise, exuding a certain sense that he is beloved and can blather on. I don’t enjoy him as much as he seems to enjoy himself.

Yes, I remember a previous Tom Hanks appearance on the show when his needling of David Walliams for I think not having an Oscar went on so long that it got uncomfortable until Peter Capaldi tactfully interceded.

Tom Holland and Jake Gyllenhaal have been so much fun on their press tour for Spider-Man. I especially enjoyed the moment here when Tom Hanks asks Holland to say a line, which he enthusiastically agrees to only to promptly forget it and turn a surprised Pikachu face to the audience instead. Gyllenhaal's mock disgust when Holland says they're friends off-screen was also great.

Edited by krankydoodle
  • Love 1
On 7/3/2019 at 9:34 AM, attica said:
On 7/2/2019 at 10:28 PM, peeayebee said:

she was talking repeatedly about people removing obstacles.

...Followed immediately by Tom Hanks complaining that he was forced to show ID to buy a beer at Stagecoach. Obstacle indeed! I smiled.

I thought his story proved her point.  He said he didn’t get a beer until someone walked the half mile to get him the ID bracelet.