Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Thirst Impressions

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, antfitz said:

Anyone else ever noticed that Lisa Vander pump only has one good friend at a time period in the beginning it was Kyle, than she tossed her aside for brandi; then she pushed her aside, and it was dorite. 

Kyle makes a mistake in wanting lisa's friendship so badly. Lisa will just continue to keep her at a distance because Kyle comes across as too needy.  Lisa loves to manipulate like that.

I felt that LVP picking up Brandi as a best buddy was in retaliation for Kyle kicking her aside for Taylor and all the jelly talk

• Love 8
(edited)
12 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Her EJ persona is aggressively sexual without being really intimate or sensual, and to me, that's all about thinking that the most important thing to be in this world is the object of men's desire. 

It’s funny you mention that, because I’ve always thought EJ is the least sexy “sexual persona” there is.  Nothing about her comes off as sexy and sensual.  It’s not straight men going to her shows, is it?  Do women go?  To me, her act is somehow a woman in drag pretending to be a sexy woman.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 9

Eileen and Teddi (and all those present) seemed pretty freaked out when Erika completely lost her shit at their expense. This is not normal behavior - it looks similar to narcissistic rage, but I’m not sure that’s it. Dark stuff, whatever it is.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Pansy said:

I’ve never been a fan of Erika but if she is depressed (and that’s the vibe I’m picking up) about her weight gain then I can, and do, empathise.   It seems she’s lost her spirit and she only really had it, or pretended to, when she was surrounded by her crew. 

Who knows though? So much remains on the cutting room floor. Is any of it real?  I’d never heard of any of these women (in any of the franchises) until I began watching the numerous series so wouldn’t know if their lives are actually ‘real’. Some people are lifetime actors in the sense that it is a lifetime job. 

Or it could be all the lawsuits against her husband and where they mention he borrowed the $ to pay for her music career.  There is 1 lawsuit for 15 mil and another for 5 mil.  That might make someone a grouch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
Just now, Natalie68 said:

Or it could be all the lawsuits against her husband and where they mention he borrowed the $ to pay for her music career.  There is 1 lawsuit for 15 mil and another for 5 mil.  That might make someone a grouch.

I would wonder when this was filmed and when the lawsuits were filled. Did they overlap?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Giselle said:

I would wonder when this was filmed and when the lawsuits were filled. Did they overlap?

The 15 mil one I heard about awhile ago but the 5 mil one I just heard about.  The 15 mil was 2016 I believe.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Eileen and Teddi (and all those present) seemed pretty freaked out when Erika completely lost her shit at their expense. This is not normal behavior - it looks similar to narcissistic rage, but I’m not sure that’s it. Dark stuff, whatever it is.

I like Erika for the most part, but there is something going on with her. I don’t know if it’s depression or some other mental health issue, but the way she exploded was incredibly bizarre. When she had her meltdown, she seemed bipolar. I’m no expert, but I’ve known bipolar people like her. They don’t mean to freak out anyone, but they’ll have moments here and there with extreme anger that can come out with very little provocation. 

She has a lot going for her, but I always wonder how truly happy someone can be with a partner that much older. I find a lot of older men quite sexy, but I like the idea of having stuff in common and growing old together. She has spent her best years with someone much older than her father. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I had the same exact thoughts on Kyle's figure, but didn't want to express them for fear of being accused of 'fat shaming,' but the woman looks like she put on about 12 lbs between the Playboy costume and the green shirt this past epi.  I say this with her height in mind.  

I think the Playboy bunny had an amazing corsette built into it.  It had better, for $650!

Also..........how did we go six pages without mentioning Dorit getting hit in the face with the squash ball?  For me, it was right up there with Erika getting kicked in the face by one of her own dancers lol.

She went flying into the wall didn’t she, and forgot to stop! That must’ve hurt but she hid it well. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Maybe we can leave Lisa Vanderpump alone for a while since she no longer appears on this show. 

Maybe we can have a modicum of respect.

You’re the one bringing her up - she wasn’t even on this episode.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I like Erika for the most part, but there is something going on with her. I don’t know if it’s depression or some other mental health issue, but the way she exploded was incredibly bizarre. When she had her meltdown, she seemed bipolar. I’m no expert, but I’ve known bipolar people like her. They don’t mean to freak out anyone, but they’ll have moments here and there with extreme anger that can come out with very little provocation. 

She has a lot going for her, but I always wonder how truly happy someone can be with a partner that much older. I find a lot of older men quite sexy, but I like the idea of having stuff in common and growing old together. She has spent her best years with someone much older than her father. 

Bipolar is a possibility - I’m told those anger episodes can be really scary - but I agree, something is going on and she seems unhappy. I guess we could see both Erika Jayne and Erika Girardi as masks - so where’s the real person? 

On 6/18/2019 at 11:33 PM, queenjen said:

Erika should have stayed back in the château. She's one of those people who imposes their mood on the entire group. If Erika isn't happy, she's going to let everyone know. The wine tasting (why go? With a migraine? ) lunch was pretty light and fun, but I still got the feeling that it was eggshells all around for the women, wondering if Erika was going to suddenly take offense at something and do the Excorcist impression she's perfected on Eileen and Teddi . I have some sympathy for Erika. It has to be taxing putting that hairpiece in every outing with Rinna's head lodged permanently up her ass. Rinna makes me cringe the way she's fawned over Erika for the last 3 seasons, running after her in heels on marble floor, sitting in her lap at meal times, alone in the van with her at the end of the tasting, beside her in the helicopter. For those playing the 'does Rinna eat? ' game : nothing at breakfast but 2 teacups. She passed the cheese at the tasting and I saw her make chewing motions during lunch, but I now think these are also part of the charade. There was a picked at pastry on a plate at lunch but I didn't see actual food go into her mouth. Rinna is REALLY going at LVP. She better hope this shot didn't miss because IF LVP comes back (and we know she's not at this point ) she's never going to let the stuff Rinna has said slide. Ever. And so it should be. I'd actually like to see that happen. 

I would love it if LVP came back for that!

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Erika has also been the recipient of Kyle and Teddi's behavior. While she may like them enough as co-workers - she also has their numbers.

Back during pantygate - Kyle posted an Instagram video. If you remember, Kyle, Mauricio, Lisa, Ken, Dorit, PK, Erika met on the balcony of some hotel for pre-drinks before heading to a Daily Mail Party LVP was throwing. Sometime during the DailyMail event is when PK allegedly saw Erika's cooch. In Kyle's Instagram video was taken during the DailyMail party, first was a pan shot of the rectangular table they were sitting at. Giggy, Mauricio, PK, Erika. It shows Mauricio and PK talking to Erika and all of them waving to Kyle. They are all siting sitting face forward so there isn't anyway PK could have seen her cooch unless he was under the table or saw it later that evening. Fast forward in the video now being taken by Mauricio filming Kyle and Lisa. Kyle laughing and twirling her own underwear and laughing with LVP about not wearing panties. 

Both in the video, and on the show it doesn't look like any of the ladies in attendance told Erika she was flashing people. I'm the type of girl who will tell you friend or not - you've got a bat in the cave, your fly is open, you've got something green stuck in your teeth, nipple exposure, you've got the black eye booger in the corner of your eye from makeup. I think it was deplorable that these ladies Kyle, LVP, or Dorit didn't pull Erika aside to say something to her and instead chose to joke about it in their on camera TH shots or in scenes to make it into a story line. It was disgusting for PK and Dorit to imply it was intentional.

As for Teddi, there was a fight between Dorit and Teddi. Rinna and Erika wanted no part of the drama, and Teddi not only does she butt into other peoples fights, she also tries to draw others into her own fights. Erika never said she was pro-Teddi in the Dorit Teddi fight. Nor did she ever say I totally agree with you Teddi. Teddi asked a question and Erika's response was one word "yes" Then she called Erika a liar by saying she was faking amnesia. When Erika called her out on it, Teddi did her usual let her eyes get all red, start hiccuping and play victim.

I don't think Erika was Teddi and Kyle's ultimate target. Their target was Rinna, but they couldn't show their displeasure at Rinna without Erika's support. If they got Erika to say she was weirded out or offended by Lisa Rinna's comment then Dorit would have also jumped on board, leaving the path clear to take Rinna out. It's also not about getting Rinna or Erika off the show but to stake their claim as the alphas of the pack (well Kyle as Dracula and Teddi as Renfield) Originally, I was going to call Teddi Igor but that's insulting to Igor - he has a better walk and posture

I love you.

"Teddi as Renfield"

HAHAHAHAHAHADAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The rest of it.... Agreed! And ...

A guy may do a "whoa, did I just see that" if there is a lapse of self awareness on the person doing the flashing, or take a gander if the person is knowingly flashing and I'm ok with both of those. It's natural. But to continue to look, or to not tell one's wife  "Tell your coworker/friend that she's taking my picture" is flat out wrong. If any of the other ladies knew and didn't say something. That was far worse. 

You're good people Kungfubunny.

The more I see of Teddi the more she's telling me who she is and it's not good.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, izabella said:

It’s funny you mention that, because I’ve always thought EJ is the least sexy “sexual persona” there is.  Nothing about her comes off as sexy and sensual.  It’s not straight men going to her shows, is it?  Do women go?  To me, her act is somehow a woman in drag pretending to be a sexy woman.

I don't disagree - I mean, I don't find her act titillating or anything. But that's what I meant when I said that there was no sensuality in her performance. (Compared with, for instance, Kandi's whole dungeon thing. It isn't my thing but I could see why others might find it a turn on). Erika wants to be a sexual object of desire, so she has this aggressively sexual persona. But it comes with no warmth. It's not really about turning the audience on - it's just about her receiving admiration from the audience. 

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Fuck I'm still on Erica's side! Damnit!

I still think she went bat shit crazy on Eileen and was hard and rough on Teddi but without being diagnostically crazy. She's polite to a point but then goes balistic if you keep pushing her. 

Maybe this time Erica was just having a bad few days and people started stirring shit and wouldn't let it go. It doesn't mean she's depressed or bipolar.  It means shes pissed that someone keeps insisting that she should have an issue where she sees none. On top of that she's been hung over and she has a migraine. She's like many normal people and having a bad day or two and wants to chill, not engage and try to walk away to de-escalate.

She blows up because people won't let something lie, or she is accused of being something that's not true , or somebody brought her family into it out of the blue.  

She had a lapse of awareness while sitting and showed her lily. She did say she was over it but she wasn't and that was on her. The girls and production wouldn't let it drop all season long.

She was accused of having selective amnesia. 

She was chastised for sending a hand written condolence note.

She is now told "she's not being honest with herself" because she disagrees with but also at the same time accepts, someone's viewpoint. 

A bear is a bear. We know it's a bear when it does bear like things and it's let us know "Hey I'm a bear these are my issues, this the way I do things, and these are my boundaries. Cross them, poke at me and I'll act like a bear."  "Don't then call me crazy because I acted like a bear. I told you and showed you long ago who I am."

Call me a liar in a nice way "she's not being honest with herself" or "convenient amnesia", don't respect my opinion and still keep bringing it up after I have stated my reasons & after I accepted the difference of opinion, chastise me for being kind...

Fuck, I'll hit the roof. 

Edited by Giselle
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 6/19/2019 at 9:54 AM, KungFuBunny said:

This is why Erika left the dinner table and also told Kyle when Kyle showed up at her room - let's discuss this tomorrow.

Sadly, Erika will be giving those 2 the side eye for the rest of the time she is on the show.

I have been watching since S2 and this was the most drunk I've ever seen Kyle. She was absolutely hammered. When she was sitting at the table with her hand on her face, she looked like she was barely holding it together. I was uncomfortable watching her and afraid she would fall and really hurt herself. 

Erika was right not to engage with drunk people, but she could have been a lot more friendly. She is just ice cold to me. I'm no psychologist, but IMHO she has a lot of anger she tries to keep in check. Sometimes she's not successful at maintained her cool facade (such as the flashback scene).

One thing I've been confused about this season: LVP's absence and alienation from the group. So for the sake of argument, let's say she did actually leak the story, what is the big deal? I mean, is this behavior so horrible that she and longtime friend Kyle are done over it? And all the other women turn on her and won't film with her? I don't understand it. On RHOC, Vicky was part of a cancer scam and the women all forgave her! That seemed like a much bigger deal. 

I'm just surprised because I thought LVP and Kyle had a strong friendship. They have made it through other trials, so it's sad to see it end this way.

On a shallow note, when I first saw Kyle sitting at the table in the green camisole I thought she looked beautiful. The color was so pretty on her. But upon a closer look at her whole outfit, I have to put it in the miss column. It was not flattering to her figure. 

Watching Lisa Rinna pretend to eat reminds me of a scene on Beverly Hills 90210 in which Donna (Tori Spelling) was supposed to be eating pizza. Instead of taking a bite of the pizza, she picked off a tiny piece of topping and ate it. It took me right out of the scene. I know RHOBH is "real life" but it is painful watching some of these women eat. They have a torturous relationship with food. Even more troubling is how clueless Lisa Rinna is about the effect she's had on her daughter's issues with food. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I still think she went bat shit crazy on Eileen and was hard and rough on Teddi but without being diagnostically crazy. She's polite to a point but then goes balistic if you keep pushing her. 

Maybe this time Erica was just having a bad few days and people started stirring shit and wouldn't let it go. It doesn't mean she's depressed or bipolar.  It means shes pissed that someone keeps insisting that she should have an issue where she sees none. On top of that she's been hung over and she has a migraine. She's like many normal people and having a bad day or two and wants to chill, not engage and try to walk away to de-escalate.

She blows up because people won't let something lie, or she is accused of being something that's not true , or somebody brought her family into it out of the blue.  

She had a lapse of awareness while sitting and showed her lily. She did say she was over it but she wasn't and that was on her. The girls and production wouldn't let it drop all season long.

She is now told "she's not being honest with herself" because she disagrees with but also at the same time accepts, someone's viewpoint. 

A bear is a bear. We know it's a bear when it does bear like things and it's let us know "Hey I'm a bear these are my issues, this the way I do things, and these are my boundaries. Cross them, poke at me and I'll act like a bear."  "Don't then call me crazy because I acted like a bear. I told you and showed you long ago who I am."

Call me a liar in a nice way "she's not being honest with herself" or "convenient amnesia", don't respect my opinion and still keep bringing it up after I have stated my reasons & after I accepted the difference of opinion, chastise me for being kind...

Fuck, I'll hit the roof. 

I don't think Erika is depressed or bipolar.

As I've said before I like Erika, she cracks me up.

Erika speaks in a monotone voice - that's never changed. She has a resting bitch face - that hasn't changed. She doesn't have high energy - even when performing. She's robotic. She "mosies" in everything - voice, dancing, walking.

If she had a spirit animal it would be a sloth on qualudes.

She has never been one to refrain from voicing annoyance. If Rinna dressing up as Erika Jayne bothered her in any way - Erika would have made it clear. She was excited (well excited Erika style) when Rinna walked in as her, she laughed.

If Kyle and Teddi keep poking at her, I wouldn't be surprised if she does snap at them. I also wouldn't be surprised if Renfield goes into victim mode and starts crying because Erika was mean to her.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

This entire discussion is so interesting to me.  I was watching the episode with my normal people glasses on, but now that people are posting the chess moves they perceive, I am seeing all kinds of new layers.

I find myself liking pro-Erika and anti-Erika posts.  I held a grudge for awhile (don't come for Kathryn!), but she has really grown on me this season.  I want her around just because she is such an interesting case study, and so interesting to look at (although I agree with the poster who said Dorit's fashion has eclipsed Erika's).

I think a couple of things may be going on with Erika at once.  I do think she feels insecure about not having her glam squad around.  I think she is usually happy with her gorgeous, curvy body, but I still think she may have moments that she had doubts because she is not LisaR thin or Teddi firm.  I think that was what the whole "I just took off my makeup / I hate my life" line came from.  She didn't look the way she is used to.  It fucks with the best of us.

I also think a lawsuit can be bothering her.  I was named in a lawsuit (for a fender bender), and it does strange things to a person to see their name written over (and over and over) in legal documents, alleging that they, personally, have done everything short of shooting JFK.  You have to keep reminding yourself it's boilerplate or you may start to wonder if you are morally corrupt (sorry, it was just appropriate right there).

I do think that Erika smelled a set-up and I was grateful she didn't fall for it hook, line and sinker.  

I am of two minds as far as whether Erika is that Amazing Amy type from Gone Girl, the one who drinks beer with guys, etc.  Let me just start off by saying I hate that fucking girl.  I always say I'm a girls' girl even if I'm not fully feeling it, just because the opposite usually comes off as so contrived.  "Guys just get me more."  Oh, so then...you're a bitch?  But I think the fact that Erika surrounds herself with gay men, not straight men, means that she may just be insecure.  She doesn't know how to navigate the female sex; she is not trying to be the object of affection and told how fuckable she is 24/7.

I think Erika is sexy, but not necessarily hot.  When people were speculating that Mauricio had an erection backstage at Erika's concert, thus the reason he was crossing his legs, it never rang true to me.  I don't think everyone wants to fuck her.  I think more people want to be her, be like her, or be near her.  I'm not sure how exciting she would be in the bedroom.  (And I am not jealous.  I was just joking with my husband the other day that I have a vested interest in seeing Erika look good, because it means that a 47 year old can look that way, thus I could theoretically, with a ton of work and surgery, look that way when I am 47, thus I fear aging less.  I mean, she is the same age as Denise and there is no contest between their looks IMO.  Erika looks much younger, better, and, dare I say, expensive). 

I could go into Erika's negative points, but other people are better at it.  One thing that bothers me randomly is when they keep showing the clip of Erika storming out of the room in Provence, shouting, "keep bringing up shit!"  The rhythm of that statement always sounds odd to me, every time I hear it.  I think most people would say, "Keep bringing shit up!"  Ok, I will end my meditation on that super nitpicky note.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Fuck, I'll hit the roof. 

Oh I'm still totally on Erika's side with this last episode. I don't think anything happened that suggests she could be depressed or bipolar during the trip either. There are occasional instances where her reaction is excessive imo, like the ones you mentioned. With Eileen, it almost seemed like what happened was out of Erika's control. I also see a sadness in her at times, that's why I wonder if there is something going on with her. I'm not saying this in a judgmental way, I actually relate to her in a lot ways. You are right in that in general she's a polite woman until she's pushed. I actually thought she showed a lot of patience with the ladies pushing her about Rinna and Farrahween. 

I'm not someone who wants to get drunk, do splits at parties, or enjoys a grown woman slumber party. There have been times I've been perfectly content and happy at parties/clubs just chilling with friends, people watching, eating/drinking, but because I am not permanently smiling and in the middle of the action, I've been told to lighten up, smile, dance, etc. It can get really frustrating, especially if you legitimately don't feel well and are showing up only out of obligation, not because you want to be there in the first place. If Erika was suffering from a migraine, I'm sure she'd much rather have stayed in bed than have to film with a bunch of annoying drunk women. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I think a couple of things may be going on with Erika at once.  I do think she feels insecure about not having her glam squad around.  I think she is usually happy with her gorgeous, curvy body, but I still think she may have moments that she had doubts because she is not LisaR thin or Teddi firm.  I think that was what the whole "I just took off my makeup / I hate my life" line came from.  She didn't look the way she is used to.  It fucks with the best of us.

This made me wonder if Erika prefers to hide behind all the makeup and costumes. She does seem her most confident when she's playing a role (doesn't she name her outfits, like Latex Barbie and stuff like that?), as opposed to when she's traveling without her squad. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This entire discussion is so interesting to me.  I was watching the episode with my normal people glasses on, but now that people are posting the chess moves they perceive, I am seeing all kinds of new layers.

I find myself liking pro-Erika and anti-Erika posts.  I held a grudge for awhile (don't come for Kathryn!), but she has really grown on me this season.  I want her around just because she is such an interesting case study, and so interesting to look at (although I agree with the poster who said Dorit's fashion has eclipsed Erika's).

I also think a lawsuit can be bothering her.  I was named in a lawsuit (for a fender bender), and it does strange things to a person to see their name written over (and over and over) in legal documents, alleging that they, personally, have done everything short of shooting JFK.  You have to keep reminding yourself it's boilerplate or you may start to wonder if you are morally corrupt (sorry, it was just appropriate right there).

I do think that Erika smelled a set-up and I was grateful she didn't fall for it hook, line and sinker.  

I am of two minds as far as whether Erika is that Amazing Amy type from Gone Girl, the one who drinks beer with guys, etc.  Let me just start off by saying I hate that fucking girl.  I always say I'm a girls' girl even if I'm not fully feeling it, just because the opposite usually comes off as so contrived.  "Guys just get me more."  Oh, so then...you're a bitch?  But I think the fact that Erika surrounds herself with gay men, not straight men, means that she may just be insecure.  She doesn't know how to navigate the female sex; she is not trying to be the object of affection and told how fuckable she is 24/7.

I think Erika is sexy, but not necessarily hot.  When people were speculating that Mauricio had an erection backstage at Erika's concert, thus the reason he was crossing his legs, it never rang true to me.  I don't think everyone wants to fuck her.  I think more people want to be her, be like her, or be near her.  I'm not sure how exciting she would be in the bedroom.  (And I am not jealous.  I was just joking with my husband the other day that I have a vested interest in seeing Erika look good, because it means that a 47 year old can look that way, thus I could theoretically, with a ton of work and surgery, look that way when I am 47, thus I fear aging less.  I mean, she is the same age as Denise and there is no contest between their looks IMO.  Erika looks much younger, better, and, dare I say, expensive). 

I could go into Erika's negative points, but other people are better at it.  One thing that bothers me randomly is when they keep showing the clip of Erika storming out of the room in Provence, shouting, "keep bringing up shit!"  The rhythm of that statement always sounds odd to me, every time I hear it.  I think most people would say, "Keep bringing shit up!"  Ok, I will end my meditation on that super nitpicky note.

I wish Kathryn of Purses Reflect Who You Are had stayed for more than one season.

She never seemed phased by Ericka.  Like "I can take you or leave you but you're not interesting enough for me to pursue a friendship with" kind of vibe.

For me....it would be fascinating to watch a Ho wife be indifferent to Ericka.  Not rude, but not also trying to live up her ass.  She's got a skyscraper of residents up there.

Personally, I'm not a girl's girl or a guy's girl, but a people person!

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I get the vibe from Erika that she is an extroverted introvert like myself.  She has to prepare herself to film with the girls or get on stage.  She probably also needs some downtime like that car ride with Rinna.  She can't just turn it on like Kyle. I have always found that extroverts expect everyone to behave just like them and cannot comprehend the need for quiet time. 

Also,  I totally get not wanting anyone to speak to me before I have finished my first cup of coffee.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, nexxie said:

Bipolar is a possibility - I’m told those anger episodes can be really scary - but I agree, something is going on and she seems unhappy. I guess we could see both Erika Jayne and Erika Girardi as masks - so where’s the real person? 

Lemme guess - yet another narcissist?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Full disclosure-too hot in the desert and I am to lazy to moon walk back thru the threads to do my own research.  What's up with Erika feeling "plump"?

She announced she's at her heaviest.

And she's been sporting some baggy clothes and puffy coats ...

• Love 3
1 minute ago, walnutqueen said:

She announced she's at her heaviest.

And she's been sporting some baggy clothes and puffy coats ...

Thanks, sounds like my old friend "peri". Did a little number on myself esteem as well. Would have been easier to have gotten into this movie eating too much junk food, drinking too much wine or not moving.  Sorry Erika, sucks for everybody. Glad I wasn't on a reality show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I wish Kathryn of Purses Reflect Who You Are had stayed for more than one season.

She never seemed phased by Ericka.  Like "I can take you or leave you but you're not interesting enough for me to pursue a friendship with" kind of vibe.

For me....it would be fascinating to watch a Ho wife be indifferent to Ericka.  Not rude, but not also trying to live up her ass.  She's got a skyscraper of residents up there.

Personally, I'm not a girl's girl or a guy's girl, but a people person!

I really liked Katherine. Í miss her and wish they would bring her back even as a friend.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Thanks, sounds like my old friend "peri". Did a little number on myself esteem as well. Would have been easier to have gotten into this movie eating too much junk food, drinking too much wine or not moving.  Sorry Erika, sucks for everybody. Glad I wasn't on a reality show.

Body and mind betrays you, just as you're reaching the age of enlightenment.  The only alternative is dying young. (Please refrain from mentioning hormones and plastic surgery; it's turned Ramona into a wonky-eyed floozebucket).

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

That’s what I was thinking also. Peri menopause did the same number on me. It also can totally whack out your hormones and it just screws with your body. I had more migraines during the 5 years mine lasted, easier to gain weight, harder to use it, non-stop sweating, erratic cycles,  etc. 

• Love 13
(edited)
On 6/18/2019 at 8:59 PM, njbchlover said:

I seriously could not understand any of that.  She just wants everyone to think they way she does because she cannot understand that anyone else's thoughts or opinions may be valid. 

Teddi is so annoying and thinking that SHE is the moral compass of everyone?    

I just want to know who ever told her that SHE had to be the moral compass of everyone.  Bitch, no one elected you.  

On 6/18/2019 at 11:02 PM, filmfan2480 said:

I can't BELIEVE I'm saying this, but I actually side with Erika, Rinna and Dorit this episode (something I NEVER thought I'd ever hear myself say) in saying that yes ... Kyle & Teddi were being bullies.  

Erika has made certain efforts to be more of a girl's girl.  She'll never reach the levels of the other women.  But she is, in no way, as closed-off as she once was.  

And yes, it seems like since LVP and Camille were not there, it was time to rag on anyone else.  That was you, Erika.  

Not nice, girls.

I totally agree, they were definitely bullying Erika.  Even when Erika was trying to lay out (yet again), why she wasn't upset and Teddi started in with her "well, it seemed like you were upset last night" So Erika explained that yes, she was upset with them seemingly trying to push her into being upset with the Rinna Jayne costume, but she wasn't actually upset by the costume.  Then Kyle is all "I just know if someone dressed up like me and acted like an asshole I wouldn't be good with it" Erika then tries to explain that she's not upset with it and ask why they are pushing their feelings onto her and Kyle just starts yelling "Different situation!" over and over again over what Erika is trying to say.  But, no, they are totally being open to Erika's side.  

Then they approach her and give her another chance to "be honest" about her feelings.  Just like they are open to letting LVP "be honest" about the dog situation.  Apparently, though, both Erika and LVP need to get the "honest" script from Teddi and Kyle before the conversation, because whatever they actually think/feel may not be met with approval.

On 6/18/2019 at 11:34 PM, SallySarue said:

You don't have a migraine Erika, or else you wouldn't be out and about with your "friends"... I can't stand it when people say they have a migraine when they obviously don't even have a clue what a real migrain is.

This show makes me bitchy.

This is not true.  I had my first migraine at 5 and have chronic migraines now, in my 40s.  I have a migraine almost every day and have a weird, freak headache disorder.  I have some migraines that knock me flat on my ass and I can't get out of bed or I will puke, but, most of the migraines I have I'm up and around and out in the world with them.  If you're in my daily life, odds are you don't even realize I have a migraine and I may not mention I have a headache, because it's pretty much every day.  I have preventative meds, I have emergency meds that only work sometimes.  I have other ones that just knock me out to sleep through the worst of it.  Anyway, my point is that it's possible Erika did have a migraine and it wasn't one that was super horrible and would confine her to bed.  It's possible it was that kind but being managed by medication.  They vary quite a bit.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:59 AM, SallySarue said:

How does Mauricio sleep with this disgusting transparent witch? 

It's usually his daughter next to him, but I think he also frequently has other companions.  Just my personal belief.

On 6/19/2019 at 10:43 AM, dmeets said:

Teddi explained in her blog that the moral compass thing is because every time someone goes after her (Camille, Dorit, LVP) the first thing they bring up is her job as an accountability coach. So put on the defense, she feels she's obligated to always be accountable/morally right otherwise she looks like a sham. Much as I hate those three women, I don't think that's what they're saying -- they're just getting digs in where they can. But Teddi interprets it as needing to defend her job IRL

I don't really buy this.  I mean, I guess she could be telling the truth from her perspective, but I think Teddi is deliberately missing the point other people try to make to her.  She demands that people be accountable, not just with their diet or their exercise.  Look at the whole Dorit and time thing last season.  But when she is at fault in a situation, like when she took Erika's bland comment of "Yes" to a general-ish statement as a definitive statement of being on her side in an argument and ran with it, she didn't hold herself to the same standard that she held Dorit to.  Dorit maintained that she was late, but not THAT late, Teddi wouldn't budge at all on the timing and insisted that Dorit was wrong and wouldn't let it go.  Yet instead of coping to misunderstanding with Erika or even clarifying she accused Erika of having "pretend amnesia" and then got butt hurt when Erika pushed back on that.  Like somehow Teddi was the wounded party for misconstruing Erika's words, drawing Erika into a fight she didn't want to be in and THEN accusing Erika of lying about it.  Teddi never took accountability for those actions and owned it.  This is why people take umbrage at her "Miss Accountability" routine.  She feels free to act as judge and jury and tell people what the "truth" is, but when it's her turn to own it, she's fine with lots of wiggle room.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:50 PM, nexxie said:

Teddi was vulnerable enough to become complicit - which she admitted, and for which she apologized.

Did she though? Because I saw Teddi apologize for being "manipulated by LVP" I didn't actually see Teddi apologize for outing Dorit's dog being dumped.  Which is what she actually did, whether she feels she was manipulated into doing it or not, Teddi could have said no and she didn't.  She went along with the plan willingly and she hasn't ever actually owned that part of it.  She's just been like, I'm so sorry, I had no idea someone was doing this TO ME.

On 6/19/2019 at 1:53 PM, Blindfox said:

I wish there was some way they could use a softer-focus for filming these women. I can still make some of them out.

Right? You see Kyle running around the house and you're like, Wow, she's aging well.  Then you see her in an episode when shes in her car, like driving to LVP's house and you're like HOLY CRAP! What happened to Kyle?!?  I want my whole life to look like that filter.

16 hours ago, antfitz said:

Yes,  as someone who suffers from migraines, you are absolutely correct about the wine and aged cheese. 

This isn't true for everyone.  Some people have problems with wine, cheese, chocolate, sausage/processed meats, etc.  Others don't though.  I actually don't have any food triggers at all.  There are a few weird things that will trigger mine to be way worse, certain lighting, lavender, and the weather can do it, but I have no food issues

13 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

And this makes me think back to season 1 in the limo when Kim was making a comment about "guess who sits around drinking all day?" (paraphrased) and Kyle started talking over her and drowned her out.  I'm still curious to whom Kim was referring but gotta be honest...more than once I've wondered if she was talking about Kyle.

Way back in about season 2 or so, didn't Lisa express something about wondering if Mauricio and Kyle had been nice to her and Ken just to get a listing on/sell a property?  Maybe that was Maloof, but I'm thinking it was Lisa and Ken.  It was during one of the earlier Kyle/LVP arguments.  I definitely remember Kyle having to play nice with Camille after Camille threatened to take all of the Grammers real estate dealings elsewhere.  

LVP totally said that.  And I think she was right.  Mauricio basically told Kyle on camera to figure her shit out with Camille because he didn't want to risk losing a client.  LVP moved between the first and second season, I think (maybe 2nd and 3rd?), and she was pretty specific that she felt Kyle went out of her way to be nice when the house was going to go up  for sale and then the claws came out after the house was sold and the new one purchased.  And it would totally be Kyle's MO. 

8 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Also..........how did we go six pages without mentioning Dorit getting hit in the face with the squash ball?  For me, it was right up there with Erika getting kicked in the face by one of her own dancers lol.

But what about Teddi running face first into the wall like a demented cat? I had a kitten once who used to run the length of the house, (we kept the doors shut to keep her from getting into the basement or the bedrooms when she was just brought home).  She'd run from one end of the house right into a door - THUD.  Stop, shake it off, reverse course and run to the other side of the house, right into a door - THUD.  Repeat. I rewound the scene with Teddi a few times and thought of that cat.  

5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Teddi is fucking exhausting. Her breakdown at the table I genuinely didn't understand. She's upset because she's convinced she knows how Erika's feeling and feels that she can't have a real friendship with Erika because Erika won't admit to feeling the way Teddi assumes she's feeling. Who has fucking time for a Teddi in their life?

She totally is exhausting.  Nothing will ever be resolved until you feel the way Teddi feels and she is convinced that you feel it enough and for the right reasons, because otherwise it's not "real" and Teddi isn't a phony.  She just insists that everyone be identical to her and can't conceive that others might have their own, differing opinions.

4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I have been watching since S2 and this was the most drunk I've ever seen Kyle. She was absolutely hammered. When she was sitting at the table with her hand on her face, she looked like she was barely holding it together. I was uncomfortable watching her and afraid she would fall and really hurt herself. 

Wasn't there a trip, early, early on where they were in a house somewhere, maybe Camille's house in Colorado? They all got drunk as shit and were trying to do headstands or something? I just remember a bunch of people tumbling over and pajamas going over heads.  I THINK it was BH.  

1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Lemme guess - yet another narcissist?

It's like they grow on trees, isn't it? 

Edited by smores
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Body and mind betrays you

Always been active and healthy and then slowly, 20 lbs, can't sleep, crying at commercials and no older women around me to interpret. Wasn't until the sweating hit, walking around with a frozen water bottle, putting my head in the freezer and people coming over to the house in the summer asking for a sweatshirt, that I had a clue. Many, many useless doctors. They should be ashamed.

• Love 9

My sister always said when her kids were laughing hysterically together.  “This going to end up with someone in tears.”  These ladies are old enough to know better.  Teddi took refuge under lvp’s pink tinged swan wing just like other newbies have done.  No doubt asking her how they could possibly find a storyline that would keep them on the show.  And then, after taking said advice, they inevitably turn and blame lvp for her mind control.  Now Teddi has curled under Kyle’s raven wing and she’ ll eventually turn on her, too.  Get ready, Kyle!

• Love 13
On 6/18/2019 at 10:49 PM, howiveaddict said:

On a shallow note, I thought the vineyard owner looked like Colin Firth.

Me too. I love Colin. So much so that my kids gave me the box set of Pride and Prejudice as a birthday present.

I would hate to have to be around Erika. She makes me nervous. I kept waiting for her to go off, like she did with Eileen.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think Erika is depressed or bipolar.

As I've said before I like Erika, she cracks me up.

Erika speaks in a monotone voice - that's never changed. She has a resting bitch face - that hasn't changed. She doesn't have high energy - even when performing. She's robotic. She "mosies" in everything - voice, dancing, walking.

If she had a spirit animal it would be a sloth on qualudes.

She has never been one to refrain from voicing annoyance. If Rinna dressing up as Erika Jayne bothered her in any way - Erika would have made it clear. She was excited (well excited Erika style) when Rinna walked in as her, she laughed.

If Kyle and Teddi keep poking at her, I wouldn't be surprised if she does snap at them. I also wouldn't be surprised if Renfield goes into victim mode and starts crying because Erika was mean to her.

“If she had a spirit animal it would be a sloth on qualudes” - that’s hilarious, thank you! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, smores said:

I just want to know who ever told her that SHE had to be the moral compass of everyone.  Bitch, no one elected you.  

I totally agree, they were definitely bullying Erika.  Even when Erika was trying to lay out (yet again), why she wasn't upset and Teddi started in with her "well, it seemed like you were upset last night" So Erika explained that yes, she was upset with them seemingly trying to push her into being upset with the Rinna Jayne costume, but she wasn't actually upset by the costume.  Then Kyle is all "I just know if someone dressed up like me and acted like an asshole I wouldn't be good with it" Erika then tries to explain that she's not upset with it and ask why they are pushing their feelings onto her and Kyle just starts yelling "Different situation!" over and over again over what Erika is trying to say.  But, no, they are totally being open to Erika's side.  

Then they approach her and give her another chance to "be honest" about her feelings.  Just like they are open to letting LVP "be honest" about the dog situation.  Apparently, though, both Erika and LVP need to get the "honest" script from Teddi and Kyle before the conversation, because whatever they actually think/feel may not be met with approval.

This is not true.  I had my first migraine at 5 and have chronic migraines now, in my 40s.  I have a migraine almost every day and have a weird, freak headache disorder.  I have some migraines that knock me flat on my ass and I can't get out of bed or I will puke, but, most of the migraines I have I'm up and around and out in the world with them.  If you're in my daily life, odds are you don't even realize I have a migraine and I may not mention I have a headache, because it's pretty much every day.  I have preventative meds, I have emergency meds that only work sometimes.  I have other ones that just knock me out to sleep through the worst of it.  Anyway, my point is that it's possible Erika did have a migraine and it wasn't one that was super horrible and would confine her to bed.  It's possible it was that kind but being managed by medication.  They vary quite a bit.

It's usually his daughter next to him, but I think he also frequently has other companions.  Just my personal belief.

I don't really buy this.  I mean, I guess she could be telling the truth from her perspective, but I think Teddi is deliberately missing the point other people try to make to her.  She demands that people be accountable, not just with their diet or their exercise.  Look at the whole Dorit and time thing last season.  But when she is at fault in a situation, like when she took Erika's bland comment of "Yes" to a general-ish statement as a definitive statement of being on her side in an argument and ran with it, she didn't hold herself to the same standard that she held Dorit to.  Dorit maintained that she was late, but not THAT late, Teddi wouldn't budge at all on the timing and insisted that Dorit was wrong and wouldn't let it go.  Yet instead of coping to misunderstanding with Erika or even clarifying she accused Erika of having "pretend amnesia" and then got butt hurt when Erika pushed back on that.  Like somehow Teddi was the wounded party for misconstruing Erika's words, drawing Erika into a fight she didn't want to be in and THEN accusing Erika of lying about it.  Teddi never took accountability for those actions and owned it.  This is why people take umbrage at her "Miss Accountability" routine.  She feels free to act as judge and jury and tell people what the "truth" is, but when it's her turn to own it, she's fine with lots of wiggle room.

Did she though? Because I saw Teddi apologize for being "manipulated by LVP" I didn't actually see Teddi apologize for outing Dorit's dog being dumped.  Which is what she actually did, whether she feels she was manipulated into doing it or not, Teddi could have said no and she didn't.  She went along with the plan willingly and she hasn't ever actually owned that part of it.  She's just been like, I'm so sorry, I had no idea someone was doing this TO ME.

Right? You see Kyle running around the house and you're like, Wow, she's aging well.  Then you see her in an episode when shes in her car, like driving to LVP's house and you're like HOLY CRAP! What happened to Kyle?!?  I want my whole life to look like that filter.

This isn't true for everyone.  Some people have problems with wine, cheese, chocolate, sausage/processed meats, etc.  Others don't though.  I actually don't have any food triggers at all.  There are a few weird things that will trigger mine to be way worse, certain lighting, lavender, and the weather can do it, but I have no food issues

LVP totally said that.  And I think she was right.  Mauricio basically told Kyle on camera to figure her shit out with Camille because he didn't want to risk losing a client.  LVP moved between the first and second season, I think (maybe 2nd and 3rd?), and she was pretty specific that she felt Kyle went out of her way to be nice when the house was going to go up  for sale and then the claws came out after the house was sold and the new one purchased.  And it would totally be Kyle's MO. 

But what about Teddi running face first into the wall like a demented cat? I had a kitten once who used to run the length of the house, (we kept the doors shut to keep her from getting into the basement or the bedrooms when she was just brought home).  She'd run from one end of the house right into a door - THUD.  Stop, shake it off, reverse course and run to the other side of the house, right into a door - THUD.  Repeat. I rewound the scene with Teddi a few times and thought of that cat.  

She totally is exhausting.  Nothing will ever be resolved until you feel the way Teddi feels and she is convinced that you feel it enough and for the right reasons, because otherwise it's not "real" and Teddi isn't a phony.  She just insists that everyone be identical to her and can't conceive that others might have their own, differing opinions.

Wasn't there a trip, early, early on where they were in a house somewhere, maybe Camille's house in Colorado? They all got drunk as shit and were trying to do headstands or something? I just remember a bunch of people tumbling over and pajamas going over heads.  I THINK it was BH.  

It's like they grow on trees, isn't it? 

I totally agree with what you said about Teddi. 

Teddi needs to go.

• Love 13
(edited)
13 hours ago, smores said:

Yes to your whole post but especially this part! I really can’t stand Kyle or Teddi. I’ve never liked them. They want so much credit for being real, but their “real” selves are nasty bullies. I wouldn’t trust either one of them with all their High School clique mind games. They remind me of all the times in my youth when women tried to manipulate me with “concern.” For a while I was a “Guys Girl” type until I learned that is not normal female behavior and just a bully coming at you and started making female friends agin in my late 20s/ early 30s.

And Teddi gets no credit for taking ownership of her part of puppygate BECAUSE SHE DIDN’T! She tried to Manchurian Candidate her way out of it. Admitting you did something only so you can use that information to isolate and bully someone else is not honesty. It’s bullshit (tm Erica Jayne).  

Erica has their number from the get go. They were trying to assert dominance over the group and make Erica beg for their approval. Good for Erica for being smart enough to both see it and leave the table. I’m between Teddi and Kyle in age and I literally cannot imagine dealing with that kind of nonsense at my age. I probably would have called in sick after the first dinner and enjoyed a day by myself in France. Life is too short to wait for people like Kyle and Teddi to grow up. 

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
14 hours ago, Giselle said:

I really liked Katherine. Í miss her and wish they would bring her back even as a friend.

I really liked Katherine as well. I feel like she walked in willing to get to know all of the women but also wasn't trying hard to seek anyone's approval. She called things as she saw it and demonstrated that she could defer to seeing both sides to a story without having to take sides. She didn't last more than a season because she was just too reasonable and that meant she wasn't pulling her weight in bringing the drama. I think her balance was helped by the fact that she didn't really come in knowing or being friends with anyone so she didn't feel any obligations to compromise herself in an effort to defend anyone. Of course, a couple of seasons on this show and my perception of her could have changed but in any case, I would have liked to have seen it for myself. Not sure what she's up to nowadays but I hope she's doing well. 

• Love 7

Here’s where I am right now: 

I think Rinna, Erika, Camille, and maybe Denise are somewhat interesting in their own right. 

Kyle, Dorit, and Teddi are boring. Any one of them could be ok maybe as a filler housewife (most likely Kyle, because at least she has history with the cast) but when they’re half the cast, the show becomes profoundly boring. 

On 6/19/2019 at 4:03 PM, ivygirl said:

Hey, I have a tagline for Rinna Rose:

It’s Smashing!

real housewives reality tv GIF

My tagline for Rinna would be catchy, something like "I'm a thirsty loser, watch something else"

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

I liked this episode, as I have every episode that you-know-who has not been on.  

I run hot and cold with regards to Erika, but I did feel sorry for her when she opened up that she had never had a group of girl friends, and Kyle and Teddi immediately insisted once again that Erika was not being truthful about not being bothered by Rinna dressed/acting as Erika Jayne. There are few thing more annoying than someone insisting that you are not being truthful if you do not agree with how THEY perceive a situation. 

I did find it interesting that Teddi said that she did not feel secure growing up. I knew that her dad was not around a lot, but it seems that maybe her mother wasn't the best mother either. As someone who had the best parents and most secure childhood, I always feel bad for those who did not. And while Teddi may have been raised with money, money does not equal security, at least in a child's mind. 

I did love the imitations (and loved that Edwin guessed that Kyle was imitating Teddi's walk - lol). I also thought it was hilarious at the end when some of the howives were going around trying to get others to go to bed. The children's book "Go the F*** to Sleep" came to mind. 

Also, plether and satin are not your friends, Kyle. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I liked this episode, as I have every episode that you-know-who has not been on.  

I run hot and cold with regards to Erika, but I did feel sorry for her when she opened up that she had never had a group of girl friends, and Kyle and Teddi immediately insisted once again that Erika was not being truthful about not being bothered by Rinna dressed/acting as Erika Jayne. There are few thing more annoying than someone insisting that you are not being truthful if you do not agree with how THEY perceive a situation. 

I’d like to see the video of that evening unedited - it just didn’t make sense the way things jumped from heartfelt sharing moments to the current storyline bit involving Kyle, Teddi and Erika. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I’d like to see the video of that evening unedited - it just didn’t make sense the way things jumped from heartfelt sharing moments to the current storyline bit involving Kyle, Teddi and Erika. 

I agree that they probably edited out quite a bit, but the fact that Kyle and Teddi even brought it up again after the conversation the night before was annoying. And annoying to me as a viewer - I don't need the rest of the season to now revolve around Erika not being believed about how she felt about Rinna dressing as her at Farrahween. We have finally moved off of puppygate, please don't let this be what takes its place. 

• Love 11