Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Thirst Impressions

• Start Topic

(edited)
18 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree with this. It is true women can be catty, dramatic, and jealous. But ALL of them? I’ll have to disagree. The women who say that are either the type who are so insecure and competitive they can’t handle friendships with other females and project it onto the entire rest of their gender OR they’re the type who aren’t girl’s girls so they put off other women. 

I’m not entirely sure about Erika. I think she’s said she does have female friends, just not many and that she’s never had a group of girls she hung out with. I don’t think this is that unusual. Not every woman has a Sex & the City group of friends where everyone is close and does things as a group. I for one have experienced ugliness with women, but I’ve also had it with men. Women have also been very kind and opened doors for me. So have men. No gender is entirely good or bad. 

Have always had guy friends and not so many female friends. It has nothing to do with being catty or anything. I just gravitate towards the guys and the guys gravitate towards me as friends. In college one of my professors said he thought I was a guy from reading my papers. Never did understand that .

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

That said, I think this episode Erika was mostly just being a bitch.  She is self-reflective enough to see how poorly she came off against Eileen and Dorit in Hong Kong that she is refusing to go to that dark place again in front of the cameras, so now that she is pissed, she is going about it in a passive-aggressive way.

I don't believe that Erika had a "migraine."  I believe she may have had a bit of a headache, and I think she was moody in general.  She said last episode that this is the heaviest she has ever been walking around.  That is enough to put someone on edge.  I think if we start going down the slippery slope of "well, no one can know, unless they were there," the point of posting our opinions gets completely lost.  I think it's more likely that the woman felt fat and unattractive than an actual migraine.  That is my opinion.

My position on Erika going wine-tasting when she supposedly has a migraine is to stay home.  She seemed utterly miserable on that trip, from making snide remarks about helicopters to accusing Rinna of being drunk to being uptight on the drive back that made me wish she had just sat this one out and taken the day to catch up on sleep or do whatever it is that would make Erika happy.  In season 3 of Real Housewives of New Jersey, they were filming in Punta Cana, and Caroline Manzo, who did not seem to be in the mood to film with Teresa, also cited a migraine, and did not go on the group outing that day.  She didn't get in trouble, and remained a full-time member of the cast through season five, so I don't think Erika was under a contractual obligation to go to a winery if she was actually ill, or good enough of an actress to feign illness (CaroMan was filmed with cloths on her head in hotel beds and stuff, so Erika might have had to do a little bit of that. Big deal). 

This was not your normal girls' trip.  It had a dark edge to it.  In seasons 2 and 3, respectively, the women started out with girls' trips to Colorado and Ojai, and even though some deep shit got discussed (and Taylor put herself in a suitcase) it was mostly drunken fun.  This time was weird.  I blame Kyle and Teddi for starting it with their aggressive interrogation of Erika, and I blame Erika (and, Rinna, who is, apparently, a director of this show, bouncing from person to person, trying to get them to drunkenly confront one another) for perpetuating it.

The only one who seemed totally fine during this trip was...Dorit?  Damn.

I think there is some truth to the idea that the women feel less of a sense of purpose without LVP (or Camille) to be the One Who Must Be Taken Down.  Remember how gleeful Erika was about the idea of beating Camille up in France?  I know she was saying it tongue-in-cheek, but, I think there was a kernel of truth there.

Teddi and Kyle--in vino veritas, much?  Freud could write an entire volume on these two in this episode, but I was kinda enjoying the ride.  Drunk Teddi is actually the less insufferable Teddi IMO!

I think the misunderstandings that occurred in this episode were just unfortunate cases of people missing each other.  It appeared that, at the dinner table, LisaR and Erika wanted to have Deep Conversation, about where Kyle's perfectionism originated, whereas Kyle and Teddi just wanted to be drunk and stupid.  There is a time and a place for all of it--sometimes even both at once--but it wasn't happening with this group at this time, thus the friction.  

@LibertarianSlut i love your work and bow down to the cross franchise and seasonal referencing! 

Absolutely agree with you concerning Erika's 'migraine' . It's always something with Erika and these group trips. The period at Teddi's beach house last season. She's a foul tempered woman. I think she had a bad hangover from breakfast the day before. The whole group held its collective breath as she sat down to breakfast, waiting to see if Erika was going to be insufferable and aggressive as usual. Production certainly documented their reactions, which later included an eye roll from Kyle when she overtalked Erika at dinner. On the car ride home, Kyle is nudging along the 'Erika doesn't like us' SL as well, with Dorit and Teddi.

I really hated the TH where Erika lets us know that woman haven't done shit for her throughout her life. That she's always felt competitive. And therein lies the issue. Erika should be asking herself why she elicits this pattern of reactions from other women and change that shit up. Miss 'it's expensive to be me-hee!'. She contradicts her EJ persona with this lame anti feminist crap and it really burns my bacon. 

And Rinna electing herself Greek Chorus, telling us when Kyle and Teddi are having a beautiful 'moment ' and giving us repeatedly in her THs the Erika Party Line 'why are we still talking about this? !' when Rinna is the one perpetuating it? Rinna has no natural SL here. Because she hasn't got a personality of her own. She glommed on to Erika 3 seasons ago. It tickles me to keep track of Rinna elbowing everyone aside to sit with the Cool Girl who couldn't give a crap whether Rinna drew air that morning or not. Rinna was the 1 at breakfast to break the stalemate of Erika's c***y mood, and suggest everyone get moving. Leaving Erika to her phone and the breakfast table. And it was all Erika desperately asking for Deep Conversation at dinner imo. Rinna just jumps onto anything Erika wants and promotes it. I really wonder if at some stage off camera Erika has ever snapped on Rinna for bring such a smothering sycophant. The tension on their van ride home when Erika objected to what she perceived was Rinna asking permission to lie down in the back had Rinna look momentarily terrified. 

I agree that this trip feels darker too. And I see Kyle driving SLs, like the 'Erika doesn't like us ' of the van to the nonsense she insisted over Erika's objection that there WAS a problem between them about Rinna's ass licking EJ performance. 

Oh, also getting lost in this episode for those of us finding we are warming to Dorit. .Dorit was almost 'Camille! You're a C**t!' level rude to Teddi when they left the table at dinner for the bathroom. Forgetting Teddi's name with arrogance, making certain Teddi remembers where she is on the totem pole. My hatred was instantly restored. Rewatch if you need same,  because Dorit is a classless grifter. She hated Kyle's impersonation too and didn't know how to respond. Telling Kyle it was no surprise she hadn't had an 'acting job since you were 7' was pretty heavy. I sincerely hope Dorit was doing coke in the Château bathroom and had Teddi participate! Miss Accountability wouldn't know how to forgive herself the next morning! 

And because it just can't be said enough : Kyle! STAHP with the smug faced splits routine. That and 'is that a BEEEE??!!' ceased to be of interest in Season 1.

Personally, I'd not miss Erika because she's not authentic. We're getting the 'approved message '. And the rest of the cast are too weakwilled to challenge her. Like what's REALLY going on with her and Tom? 

• Love 16

@sunshine23 I'd recommend watching this episode because of some of the down low power shifts going on with LVP out of the picture and Camille The Nominated Target absent at the last minute. Notice what a toxic buzzkill Erika is and how Kyle seems to be pushing SLs for the future, like 'Erika isn't fun ' whilst the 3 Amigos (Kyle, Teddi, Dorit ) and Rinna keep oddly chanting what a FUN GROUP we are! Look at us having FUN! While Erika spits out 'I'm good ' between clenched teeth. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, queenjen said:

Oh, also getting lost in this episode for those of us finding we are warming to Dorit. .Dorit was almost 'Camille! You're a C**t!' level rude to Teddi when they left the table at dinner for the bathroom. Forgetting Teddi's name with arrogance, making certain Teddi remembers where she is on the totem pole. My hatred was instantly restored. Rewatch if you need same,  because Dorit is a classless grifter. She hated Kyle's impersonation too and didn't know how to respond. Telling Kyle it was no surprise she hadn't had an 'acting job since you were 7' was pretty heavy. I sincerely hope Dorit was doing coke in the Château bathroom and had Teddi participate! Miss Accountability wouldn't know how to forgive herself the next morning! 

I did find Dorit mildly tolerable this episode but know that my hate will return the moment PigK pops up on my screen again next week. (How and why does he seem to be in EVERY single episode?) Which is not to say that I find Dorit palatable independent of PigK. I do not. But somehow he throws her vast awfulness into relief, every time.

• Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, film noire said:

Preach!  (See also: every rom com female lead lustily inhaling a giant burger while drinking rivers of beer as proof she possesses a magical unicorn body capable of scarfing down 2200 calories with no need of breathing,  burping, walking the food haze off, or god forbid, farting.)

I am so tired of Erika using this line of defense (some version of "Other women and their dirty womenly ways keep me from sharing my glittering inner self in the sunlight of my unseen joy") because it's nothing but thinly-veiled blame, imo. And isn't it interesting that Erika is only guarded when it comes to "sharing" positive emotions?   When it comes to  spreading darkness, Erika flings that toxic crap like an ebola-laden monkey with perfect aim. She's not the least bit reserved when it comes to violently shoving a plate aside or hissing "Don't you come at me!" - like Tony Soprano facing down Junior - when questioned about some goddamn thing she said. She strikes me as a toxic asshole with three settings: bored, bitchy or brutal.

And (at least on the show) she lives to punish people who are having a good time, imo, especially if they're doing so in the presence of her scenery-chewing portrayal of a soap opera villainess in the grip of a sulk, a shit-fit, or full-on emotional withdrawal fueled by total disdain.  Not so ironically, Erika acts as the dark cloud in the room she accused LVP of being, and I think that might be a large part of why LVP gets under her touchy-as-fuck skin.  Until this season, Lisa Vanderpump always found a way to engage on RHoBH with some measure of good cheer (for want of a better phrase). LVP is in no way perfect, but there's a joy in her that rises in the presence of banter and group fun, whereas Erika (for all her attempts to be edgy as fuck and break all the lady-rulz) has the emotional resonance of a particularly embittered nun.

Too long /didn't read: Erika Jayne is a cunty buzzkill, yo!

I think you are such a great writer! You should write a blog, I would subscribe!

also, to add to the Erika analysis, I’ve always been irked by people who can’t laugh at themselves. I think she takes herself gravely seriously and that’s one of the reasons I don’t like her. She’s up her own ass. (I also think Dorit The Grifter has been doing a pretty good job of upstaging her in the ‘fashion’ department. Erika is really lost without her pet monkeys dressing her up.)

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Pansy said:

I’m in the UK and had always thought Beverley Hills was on the west coast until I discovered otherwise today! My head is a bit messed up by that!

There’s a Beverly Hill’s in Florida (with a population of about 10,000). There’s also a Hollywood, Florida just to make it extra confusing (I’ve driven thru both cities when I was working on a consulting project that took me all over the state of Florida.

it is so funny that the weather app/website you were using pulled up Beverly Hills in Florida 🙀

Welcome!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 6/18/2019 at 10:35 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Erika is so prickly. And she just barely has a sense of humor about herself, which is incredibly annoying. She wasn't pleased with Kyle's imitation at all, even though she grudgingly conceded it was good. 

All of that being said, Kyle and Teddi should let the Erika Jayne part of their criticism of Rinna go. Because Erika isn't bothered by it and they are beating a dead horse. I still think Kyle has every reason to be critical of Rinna because of the party but she should just say it directly, rather than trying to say it's because of the EJ persona.

I did think that the imitations were funny and it was nice to see them all laughing at themselves (except Erika, though as someone who also suffers from migraines, I can appreciate how unpleasant it is to interact with anyone when you have one). 

I don’t think Erica fits on this show.  She’s not loud, a troublemaker or anything else they are.

• Love 1

I was actually really surprised Erika came back after Yolanda left. She really made no effort to get to know any of the other women her first season and so I assumed she would be a complete fish out of water moving forward. This just makes it clear to me she’s doing the show for publicity for “Erika Jayne.”

• Love 14
(edited)
15 hours ago, film noire said:

When it comes to  spreading darkness, Erika flings that toxic crap like an ebola-laden monkey with perfect aim. 

“... somehow Luann has risen from the ashes (with the speed of a mutating virus)...”

Nothing makes me laugh as much as your Outbreak-/Contagion-themed posts!!!

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I don’t think Erica fits on this show.  She’s not loud, a troublemaker or anything else they are.

She is just mean and boring about it. Also, bitch needs the glam squad. She looks like crap without them 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Pansy said:

Hi everyone. New here but have read practically every thread going concerning the Beverley Hill’s housewives, thank you for being so entertaining! 

Two things: 

I’m in the UK and had always thought Beverley Hills was on the west coast until I discovered otherwise today! My head is a bit messed up by that! 

Kyle is irritating the bejesus out of me - the pretentious, fake twat. Can I say twat on here?

It is. About 5-6 miles from Santa Monica Beaches.

• Love 1
On 6/19/2019 at 6:09 AM, BluBrd47 said:

Well thank goodness I wasn’t wearing my glasses watching the next week previews because I legitimately don’t understand how that woman’s face could look any more..... augmented. I guess I will next week 🙁.  TMCFR is like seasonal allergies, pops up at some time every summer on our television to cause misery.

For someone who claims to be GOALS and DREAMS COME TRUE! Kyle sure does seem to be hitting the booze lately. You would think she would have more self-awareness with her family history. As someone with a history of opiate addiction who still enjoys the occasional drink, I can’t say she is goals. She seems sad a lot.

And this makes me think back to season 1 in the limo when Kim was making a comment about "guess who sits around drinking all day?" (paraphrased) and Kyle started talking over her and drowned her out.  I'm still curious to whom Kim was referring but gotta be honest...more than once I've wondered if she was talking about Kyle.

23 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

And if I recall, the Brits were having some serious problems with nabbing the high-end listings in the last season - they all seemed to be going to Altman and Flagg.  Plus with the rumors of the lawsuit vis-a-vis Mauricio's alleged real estate shenanigans, I'm thinking Coldwell, Southby's and Douglass-Elliman are the agents to talk to these days.  If Mauricio had hopes for favorable exposure via RHoBH, Vyle's behavior probably did him no service.  I'm also thinking the Vanderpump/Todds know a LOT more people in the industry than the Richards/Umanskys and if others know about the rift and Lisa's being off the show, they'll be giving Tracy or the Joshs a call if they need to sell/buy a home. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the Brits slowly get edged out of MDL-LA.  They didn't bring much anyway except as to play ally to Flagg.  

Way back in about season 2 or so, didn't Lisa express something about wondering if Mauricio and Kyle had been nice to her and Ken just to get a listing on/sell a property?  Maybe that was Maloof, but I'm thinking it was Lisa and Ken.  It was during one of the earlier Kyle/LVP arguments.  I definitely remember Kyle having to play nice with Camille after Camille threatened to take all of the Grammers real estate dealings elsewhere.  

I thought it was ironic that Kyle was doing Teddi's walk when a lot of time Kyle herself walks she's pulling a plow.  I'm also at a loss how Kyle could have looked so great in that Playboy bunny outfit yet look so boxy and dumpy in the clothes she wore in this episode.  It's like she went from a sleek Mercedes to a boxy Volvo in one episode.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Stats Queen and Giselle, thank you for the feedback regarding where the heck Beverley Hills is!  Why I would question my own knowledge over a weather app is disconcerting to say the least and I have absolutely no excuse!  Please feel free to have second hand embarrassment on my behalf and sorry for taking the thread off topic. 

Back to Kyle (or Cryle, as I like to call her), thanks nexxie ☺️

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Seriously.  She didn't mind going over to LVP's house to call her a damn liar, but yet she can't tell Rinna off for coming in an insulting her sister like that?  It makes no sense.  And now she cowers behind EJ hoping that she'll do her dirty work for her, and EJ isn't playing that game!   

Not to sound judgmental, but seeing Teddi & Kyle drunk as skunks isn't funny to me.  What a terrible role model for their kids.  

It actually does. Prior to going over to Villa Funka, Kyle, Teddi, & Dorit were on one side and they lobbied the other HW's to their corner. Kyle will make a move if she feels she has the backup of the majority of the group.

In the case of Rinna in a costume fight with Kim - she only had Teddi as her backup. If she and Teddi were able to change Erika's mind about being offended then Dorit would have folded like a cheap lawn chair. Then Kyle would have definitely suddenly found her courage to voice her anger at Rinna.

I don't think anyone in this group is jealous of LVP nor do any of them want to crown themselves HBIC or QueenBee other than Kyle. Erika just wants her paycheck and have the means to advertise her ventures off show. Rinna just wants to keep her apple and a steady paycheck and she has done pretty well getting additional hosting gigs since she has been on. Teddi is just an idiot whom I suspect has been thrown from a horse one too many times. The diamond holders are paid by salary, so I do believe they all resent that as an ensemble cast, they are filming more hours than LVP for the same pay.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, antfitz said:

Have always had guy friends and not so many female friends. It has nothing to do with being catty or anything. I just gravitate towards the guys and the guys gravitate towards me as friends. In college one of my professors said he thought I was a guy from reading my papers. Never did understand that .

Guys gravitate more towards me as well. It’s kind of annoying because I prefer female friends. I’m not opposed to opposite sex friendships, but I do think it can be tricky sometimes for a heterosexual man and woman to be close friends without someone developing feelings. I also am not into sports or much of anything that’s stereotypically manly. However I completely understand that some women are more tomboyish and click more with men for whatever reason. That doesn’t offend me. What I don’t like is saying an entire gender is bad. Like with men, if I’m being honest a lot of the ones eager to friend me have had ulterior motives. I don’t think that’s because all men are no good and not to be trusted. The good ones are just more respectful of their significant others and have boundaries with women. 

I remember Camille also said she was more of a guy’s girl and women have always been catty with her. In season 1 she displayed a lot of behavior that would put off the nicest women. 

I wonder if it crosses Erika’s mind that she may be hurting the feelings of women who like her when she talks about women never really doing much for her. When I hear girls say they can’t stand women, I’m like uhh what about me? Then I’m told I’m different. Lol 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
On 6/19/2019 at 9:12 AM, chlban said:

She rarely gets along with her own sisters, sleazy hubby has a terrible business reputation and there are sporadic rumors of him cheating on Kyle, her store closed,her show was cancelled and her college bound daughter was shocked to learn toilets require cleaning(nice job preparing your kid for life)  She confronted one of her "best friends" and calls her a liar, earning her nickname Vile Kyle, and has finally alienated a lot of viewers, this time for good, that have tried to forgive her many other times. Yeah, your life is awesome, Kyle. My only empathy last night was reserved for Camille. Watching these horrible women fight like mid schoolers, again, was just disgusting. I can't even root for one of them because I detest every one of them.                                                     BTW, ladies, Erika is not, and never has been, a friend. She is there for the publicity to promote her ridiculous fantasy. She is not a girl's girl, never will be, doesn't want to be. 

I don't think I have ever seen Kyle that drunk before on RHOBH. She should know better.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Pansy said:

Stats Queen and Giselle, thank you for the feedback regarding where the heck Beverley Hills is!  Why I would question my own knowledge over a weather app is disconcerting to say the least and I have absolutely no excuse!  Please feel free to have second hand embarrassment on my behalf and sorry for taking the thread off topic. 

Oh! Oh! Oh!

giphy_s.gif

Since you're from the United Kingdom.....

If you know anything about Jasmine Lennerd from tv, would you join us in the Dorit thread and tell us?

I would so love to hear about the Bahama Pool stalker.  She's my unseen hero of the season.

It's my understanding that Brits know EVERYTHING about the tea.

the tea drama GIF by WWE

Edited by dosodog
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Oh! Oh! Oh!

giphy_s.gif

Since you're from the United Kingdom.....

If you know anything about Jasmine Lennerd from tv, would you join us in the Dorit thread and tell us?

I would so love to hear about the Bahama Pool stalker.  She's my unseen hero of the season.

It's my understanding that Brits know EVERYTHING about the tea.

the tea drama GIF by WWE

Not this Brit dosodog - I gave up watching anything made in the UK a couple of years ago because it’s all so wretched and depressing.  You probably know more about Jasmine than I do but I did see her in Big Brother and on a show called ‘Trust me I’m a holiday rep’. On the first she was amusingly cuckoo and on the second furious that she had to lower herself to cater to Joe public. She claims the Kelmsleys stole a $ quarter million from her son’s godfather, Ryan Horne who desperately needs the money back. Other than that my cup is empty, sorry! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, queenjen said:

@LibertarianSlut i love your work and bow down to the cross franchise and seasonal referencing! 

Absolutely agree with you concerning Erika's 'migraine' . It's always something with Erika and these group trips. The period at Teddi's beach house last season. She's a foul tempered woman. I think she had a bad hangover from breakfast the day before. The whole group held its collective breath as she sat down to breakfast, waiting to see if Erika was going to be insufferable and aggressive as usual. Production certainly documented their reactions, which later included an eye roll from Kyle when she overtalked Erika at dinner. On the car ride home, Kyle is nudging along the 'Erika doesn't like us' SL as well, with Dorit and Teddi.

I really hated the TH where Erika lets us know that woman haven't done shit for her throughout her life. That she's always felt competitive. And therein lies the issue. Erika should be asking herself why she elicits this pattern of reactions from other women and change that shit up. Miss 'it's expensive to be me-hee!'. She contradicts her EJ persona with this lame anti feminist crap and it really burns my bacon. 

And Rinna electing herself Greek Chorus, telling us when Kyle and Teddi are having a beautiful 'moment ' and giving us repeatedly in her THs the Erika Party Line 'why are we still talking about this? !' when Rinna is the one perpetuating it? Rinna has no natural SL here. Because she hasn't got a personality of her own. She glommed on to Erika 3 seasons ago. It tickles me to keep track of Rinna elbowing everyone aside to sit with the Cool Girl who couldn't give a crap whether Rinna drew air that morning or not. Rinna was the 1 at breakfast to break the stalemate of Erika's c***y mood, and suggest everyone get moving. Leaving Erika to her phone and the breakfast table. And it was all Erika desperately asking for Deep Conversation at dinner imo. Rinna just jumps onto anything Erika wants and promotes it. I really wonder if at some stage off camera Erika has ever snapped on Rinna for bring such a smothering sycophant. The tension on their van ride home when Erika objected to what she perceived was Rinna asking permission to lie down in the back had Rinna look momentarily terrified. 

I agree that this trip feels darker too. And I see Kyle driving SLs, like the 'Erika doesn't like us ' of the van to the nonsense she insisted over Erika's objection that there WAS a problem between them about Rinna's ass licking EJ performance. 

And because it just can't be said enough : Kyle! STAHP with the smug faced splits routine. That and 'is that a BEEEE??!!' ceased to be of interest in Season 1.

Personally, I'd not miss Erika because she's not authentic. We're getting the 'approved message '. And the rest of the cast are too weakwilled to challenge her. Like what's REALLY going on with her and Tom? 

I do think it was rude and dishonest of Erica to leave Teddy's beach house last season. 

I think Erica knows exactly what Rinna is doing and Erica, while accepting her companionship, is as always very cautious if girlfriends. She also knows exactly what Kyle is doing. Erica's nature and experience are being validated.

I think at some point in childhood Erica was emotionally hurt by some girls and she distanced herself and it happened repeatedly until she felt "you can't share, can't get close because they will use it against you", she tried it and life did become easier. It's why she is selective in sharing and on defensive now, why she is cautious around women to the point of it being detrimental to herself and won't accept and can be suspicious of their support.

The lesson from childhood is reinforced because it continues to happen in adulthood... pantygate, the dog dying acknowledgement, the written condolence card, the "she not happy and doesn't conform" accusation . Erica has learned to expect a possible attack, she's surprised when it doesn't come, and hurt when she's let her guard down and gotten hit. She has told the ladies this. 

She went black in Hong Kong and doesn't want to go there again. Good for her but I can't blame her if she does go nuclear if she keeps getting poked. She's being polite now, upset, but polite. Keep pushing and the bomb will drop.

First morning she had a hangover. Ok. The second morning she came to the breakfast table on the defensive because school girls Teddie and Kyle badgered her the night before and wouldn't accept her response when she accepted theirs. I think that hurt her and it weighed on her. She was going to be on guard. She can have a migraine and want to disengage enough to protect herself at the same time.  I think she wants to have fun, and does in her own way on these trips. That it doesn't measure up to what the others think it should be speaks more about them. Now Kyle has  sown another seed that Erica isn't having fun with the girls and further stirring the pot.

It is hypocritical of these women to ask her to change when we are suppose to take them and their personality issues as they are. If Kyle has to be accepted for being so needy, if interloper Teddy has to be accepted for constantly seeking validation, then Erica should be accepted for her self protection issues that Kyle and Teddie just reinforced the night before.

We're not only seeing season 1 Camille we are also seeing season 2 mean girl Kyle.

Yes Rinna has climbed inside Erica's colon but so has Teddi to Kyle and these two are feeding off of each other's insecurities and needs thus creating a two headed monster. 

P. S. What are SL's?

Edited by Giselle
Sumatra Coffee
  • Useful 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Pansy said:

No excuses!  There's no worries nor secondhand embarrassment here.

No appologies either, you didn't take the thread off topic.  Even if you do in the future, so what, we have all done that at times.

• Love 6

Camille and Denise had no choice but to back out of the trip at the last minute due to the unexpected fires.  It seems clear Erika didn’t relish being on the trip from the start.  I’m wondering if Erika wasn’t originally scheduled to be included (due to an EJ concert or a personal issue) but HAD to go due to LVP, Denise, and Camille’s absence.  Could be why she had an attitude.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

Camille and Denise had no choice but to back out of the trip at the last minute due to the unexpected fires.  It seems clear Erika didn’t relish being on the trip from the start.  I’m wondering if Erika wasn’t originally scheduled to be included (due to an EJ concert or a personal issue) but HAD to go due to LVP, Denise, and Camille’s absence.  Could be why she had an attitude.

That's her natural state. Stone cold bitch.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

You might be right.

Really though, they all have attitude.

• Love 7

I’ve never been a fan of Erika but if she is depressed (and that’s the vibe I’m picking up) about her weight gain then I can, and do, empathise.   It seems she’s lost her spirit and she only really had it, or pretended to, when she was surrounded by her crew. 

Who knows though? So much remains on the cutting room floor. Is any of it real?  I’d never heard of any of these women (in any of the franchises) until I began watching the numerous series so wouldn’t know if their lives are actually ‘real’. Some people are lifetime actors in the sense that it is a lifetime job. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

It’s at least the state she chooses for herself - self-loathing?

That would be my guess nexxie. Surely, there’s always a deep seated reason for someone to be so cold and callous?  But, as we know, so much hasn't been shown.  If the show wants to portray an actor in a specific way, that’s what we’ll get.  I can’t imagine selling my soul or character for fame and money though....

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pansy said:

That would be my guess nexxie. Surely, there’s always a deep seated reason for someone to be so cold and callous?  But, as we know, so much hasn't been shown.  If the show wants to portray an actor in a specific way, that’s what we’ll get.  I can’t imagine selling my soul or character for fame and money though....

Yeah, we only see snippets, but I think about Erika leaving her child behind to make it in L.A., only to end up in a marriage of convenience, with a husband-financed burlesque act, and a gig on a reality show - and wonder how it all sits with her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Yeah, we only see snippets, but I think about Erika leaving her child behind to make it in L.A., only to end up in a marriage of convenience, with a husband-financed burlesque act, and a gig on a reality show - and wonder how it all sits with her.

Maybe it’s not sitting well with her at all.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Maybe Erica is upset because she knew about the second lawsuit for $5 million dollars that alleges that Tom took money loaned to his firm to finance lawsuits and gave it to her to finance her vanity career of patting her puss. This is in addition to the first $15 million suit which alleges the same thing. This time she is named and is a defendant.

That would give anyone a migraine.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

That's her natural state. Stone cold bitch.

I can't with her.  It's the "I'm a bitch, love me or hate me" type.  "if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."  um, no.  if you don't have to at least make an effort to be polite and cordial, you're not welcome as far as I'm concerned.

I hate that, "that's the way she is" and we all have to treat her EXACTLY AS SHE MUST BE TREATED or we will feel the wrath. 

I've obviously had my share of these soul-suckers, and they are never again to me!!!

• Love 15
On 6/18/2019 at 6:07 PM, nexxie said:

Wonder why they didn’t evacuate people by boat from the Malibu pier - maybe they would have eventually if people couldn’t get out.

They might have if it got that far, but there was no fire in that area.

The pier is south and east of Pepperdine and the Malibu marketplace. Thank the firefighters, no fire down in those areas.  For the most part the fire in that area was north or west of Malibu Canyon Road, mainly up in the canyons and mountains up to and though 101/ Calabasas and not near the pier. It did burn at the top of  MCR  below where it transitions to Las Virgines.  MCR ends at the campus and PCH. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tinderbox said:

I think she realized very quickly that, without Camille there for the group to target, SHE was the next designated target.

• Love 4

I really cannot blame Erika for her behavior in this last episode with Kyle and Teddi's antics.  I did not see a stone cold bitch, but a woman trying not to go postal on her castmates.  I get why Erika was getting upset.  From personal experience, I cannot stand when a person expects me to behave or feel a specific way.  You can yell at me all you want about why I should..., and my stubbornness will kick in and I will hold firm.  I thought Erika was very calm at dinner the second night and rationally explained why she was upset with Kyle and Teddi who did not want to hear it.  Their reaction was super disrespectful and very manipulative in my opinion.  I do think that Erika saw right through what Kyle and Teddi were trying to do and that is why she was able to keep her cool even leaving the table before she exploded.  

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, izabella said:

I think she realized very quickly that, without Camille there for the group to target, SHE was the next designated target.

But only for Kyle and Teddy. Erica was good with Lisa's Rinna and Dorit wasn't going to burn a another bridge for someone else's issue.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Giselle said:

They might have if it got that far, but there was no fire in that area.

The pier is south and east of Pepperdine and the Malibu marketplace. Thank the firefighters, no fire down in those areas.  For the most part the fire in that area was north or west of Malibu Canyon Road, mainly up in the canyons and mountains up to and though 101/ Calabasas and not near the pier. It did burn at the top of  MCR  below where it transitions to Las Virgines.  MCR ends at the campus and PCH. 

When I saw they were moving animals to the beach near the pier, I pictured boats picking up people next - so glad it didn’t come to that!

10 minutes ago, Giselle said:

But only for Kyle and Teddy. Erica was good with Lisa's Rinna and Dorit wasn't going to burn a another bridge for someone else's issue.

Right.  Erika doesn’t like Rinna and Dorit, either, though. I don’t think she actually likes any of them.  I don’t think she wanted to be there at all.  

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I really cannot blame Erika for her behavior in this last episode with Kyle and Teddi's antics.  I did not see a stone cold bitch, but a woman trying not to go postal on her castmates.  I get why Erika was getting upset.  From personal experience, I cannot stand when a person expects me to behave or feel a specific way.  You can yell at me all you want about why I should..., and my stubbornness will kick in and I will hold firm.  I thought Erika was very calm at dinner the second night and rationally explained why she was upset with Kyle and Teddi who did not want to hear it.  Their reaction was super disrespectful and very manipulative in my opinion.  I do think that Erika saw right through what Kyle and Teddi were trying to do and that is why she was able to keep her cool even leaving the table before she exploded.  

I’ve had my criticisms of Erika’s behavior, like when she blew up at Eileen. But I didn’t see anything wrong with how she was during this episode. I thought they should have just let her be. 

I don’t have Erika’s temper, but I relate to her in that I’m reserved and not the life of the party. I like to have fun, laugh and am nice to people, but I don’t like getting drunk, not the giggly, gregarious type. This personality rubs some people the wrong way, at least it does the party type who likes to drink and let loose. If I leave you alone no matter how annoying or stupid you’re being, why can’t I sit there in peace? I like to see the women having fun and know Erika doesn’t seem as into the group as some of the others, but if she says she’s not mad, isn’t feeling well, has a migraine, why they won’t leave the chick alone is behind me. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm also at a loss how Kyle could have looked so great in that Playboy bunny outfit yet look so boxy and dumpy in the clothes she wore in this episode.  It's like she went from a sleek Mercedes to a boxy Volvo in one episode.  

I had the same exact thoughts on Kyle's figure, but didn't want to express them for fear of being accused of 'fat shaming,' but the woman looks like she put on about 12 lbs between the Playboy costume and the green shirt this past epi.  I say this with her height in mind.  

I think the Playboy bunny had an amazing corsette built into it.  It had better, for $650!

Also..........how did we go six pages without mentioning Dorit getting hit in the face with the squash ball?  For me, it was right up there with Erika getting kicked in the face by one of her own dancers lol.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, renatae said:

This should be interesting. Teddi "can't be everyone's moral compass!" Holey moley, whatever gave her such an egotistical impression of herself? No wonder she's always inserting herself into everyone's conversations.

Teddi suffers from illusions of Granduer.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Giselle said:

I do think it was rude and dishonest of Erica to leave Teddy's beach house last season. 

I think Erica knows exactly what Rinna is doing and Erica, while accepting her companionship, is as always very cautious if girlfriends. She also knows exactly what Kyle is doing. Erica's nature and experience are being validated.

I think at some point in childhood Erica was emotionally hurt by some girls and she distanced herself and it happened repeatedly until she felt "you can't share, can't get close because they will use it against you", she tried it and life did become easier. It's why she is selective in sharing and on defensive now, why she is cautious around women to the point of it being detrimental to herself and won't accept and can be suspicious of their support.

The lesson from childhood is reinforced because it continues to happen in adulthood... pantygate, the dog dying acknowledgement, the written condolence card, the "she not happy and doesn't conform" accusation . Erica has learned to expect a possible attack, she's surprised when it doesn't come, and hurt when she's let her guard down and gotten hit. She has told the ladies this. 

She went black in Hong Kong and doesn't want to go there again. Good for her but I can't blame her if she does go nuclear if she keeps getting poked. She's being polite now, upset, but polite. Keep pushing and the bomb will drop.

First morning she had a hangover. Ok. The second morning she came to the breakfast table on the defensive because school girls Teddie and Kyle badgered her the night before and wouldn't accept her response when she accepted theirs. I think that hurt her and it weighed on her. She was going to be on guard. She can have a migraine and want to disengage enough to protect herself at the same time.  I think she wants to have fun, and does in her own way on these trips. That it doesn't measure up to what the others think it should be speaks more about them. Now Kyle has  sown another seed that Erica isn't having fun with the girls and further stirring the pot.

It is hypocritical of these women to ask her to change when we are suppose to take them and their personality issues as they are. If Kyle has to be accepted for being so needy, if interloper Teddy has to be accepted for constantly seeking validation, then Erica should be accepted for her self protection issues that Kyle and Teddie just reinforced the night before.

We're not only seeing season 1 Camille we are also seeing season 2 mean girl Kyle.

Yes Rinna has climbed inside Erica's colon but so has Teddi to Kyle and these two are feeding off of each other's insecurities and needs thus creating a two headed monster. 

P. S. What are SL's?

Erika has also been the recipient of Kyle and Teddi's behavior. While she may like them enough as co-workers - she also has their numbers.

Back during pantygate - Kyle posted an Instagram video. If you remember, Kyle, Mauricio, Lisa, Ken, Dorit, PK, Erika met on the balcony of some hotel for pre-drinks before heading to a Daily Mail Party LVP was throwing. Sometime during the DailyMail event is when PK allegedly saw Erika's cooch. In Kyle's Instagram video was taken during the DailyMail party, first was a pan shot of the rectangular table they were sitting at. Giggy, Mauricio, PK, Erika. It shows Mauricio and PK talking to Erika and all of them waving to Kyle. They are all siting sitting face forward so there isn't anyway PK could have seen her cooch unless he was under the table or saw it later that evening. Fast forward in the video now being taken by Mauricio filming Kyle and Lisa. Kyle laughing and twirling her own underwear and laughing with LVP about not wearing panties. 

Both in the video, and on the show it doesn't look like any of the ladies in attendance told Erika she was flashing people. I'm the type of girl who will tell you friend or not - you've got a bat in the cave, your fly is open, you've got something green stuck in your teeth, nipple exposure, you've got the black eye booger in the corner of your eye from makeup. I think it was deplorable that these ladies Kyle, LVP, or Dorit didn't pull Erika aside to say something to her and instead chose to joke about it in their on camera TH shots or in scenes to make it into a story line. It was disgusting for PK and Dorit to imply it was intentional.

As for Teddi, there was a fight between Dorit and Teddi. Rinna and Erika wanted no part of the drama, and Teddi not only does she butt into other peoples fights, she also tries to draw others into her own fights. Erika never said she was pro-Teddi in the Dorit Teddi fight. Nor did she ever say I totally agree with you Teddi. Teddi asked a question and Erika's response was one word "yes" Then she called Erika a liar by saying she was faking amnesia. When Erika called her out on it, Teddi did her usual let her eyes get all red, start hiccuping and play victim.

I don't think Erika was Teddi and Kyle's ultimate target. Their target was Rinna, but they couldn't show their displeasure at Rinna without Erika's support. If they got Erika to say she was weirded out or offended by Lisa Rinna's comment then Dorit would have also jumped on board, leaving the path clear to take Rinna out. It's also not about getting Rinna or Erika off the show but to stake their claim as the alphas of the pack (well Kyle as Dracula and Teddi as Renfield) Originally, I was going to call Teddi Igor but that's insulting to Igor - he has a better walk and posture

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, nexxie said:

When I saw they were moving animals to the beach near the pier, I pictured boats picking up people next - so glad it didn’t come to that!

Positive and good were the private boats large and small bringing supplies to the area and seeing surfers and jet skis ferrying those supplies to shore for people and animals.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I think she rightly saw the show as a way to turbo charge the Erika Jayne persona and get basically free advertising for her performances. I don't blame her for using the show in that way but yeah, otherwise, she isn't really a great fit for the show. 

4 hours ago, Giselle said:

I'm skeptical that she was hurt by "some girls" in childhood. More likely that she learned early on the sexist messages that male attention was more important than female friendships, and so she's tailored her relationships to garnering the Male Gaze.  Her EJ persona is aggressively sexual without being really intimate or sensual, and to me, that's all about thinking that the most important thing to be in this world is the object of men's desire. (She reminds me of Madonna in that way). But the problem with fashioning yourself as the ultimate object of men's desire is that you alienate the women that you might become close to. 

Even now, the person she seems closest to in this group is Rinna, and that is mostly because Rinna gives her the similar kind of admiration that a lot of men probably give her (absent the sexuality. I don't think that Rinna sees her as an object of sexual attraction but as someone she wants to emulate. For Erika, that's just as good).

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Erika's just cranky because skeevy Mikey and her glam squad aren't on this trip.

You might be onto something - perhaps her ego disintegrates if someone doesn’t pump it up sufficiently throughout every 24-hr period.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I like Erika.

Speaking as Ramona: Let's face it! Erika has always been the way she is since her first season. She is not someone I would call effervescent or vivacious, nor is she a gabber, nor is she a giggler. Every time she speaks I hear Ben/Ronnie impersonating her and I crack up - I'm easily entertained

The most animated we ever see her is in her TH shots where she is campy.

I also think she removed herself to prevent herself from going postal - she did that in HK and she's trying not to go back there.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I had the same exact thoughts on Kyle's figure, but didn't want to express them for fear of being accused of 'fat shaming,' but the woman looks like she put on about 12 lbs between the Playboy costume and the green shirt this past epi.  I say this with her height in mind.  

I think the Playboy bunny had an amazing corsette built into it.  It had better, for $650!

Also..........how did we go six pages without mentioning Dorit getting hit in the face with the squash ball?  For me, it was right up there with Erika getting kicked in the face by one of her own dancers lol.

Yup, you know it hurt but there's that bit of schadenfreude happening.

Kyle does look heavier. While I can see Kyle and Teddy fretting and blue over a weight gain I don't see Erica doing that. She is a pleasure animal. She'll eat the pumpkin pie for breakfast knowing and accepting that the pleasure comes with a later price. 

• Love 7