Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Thirst Impressions

• Start Topic

I've always found it amusing how some people get all hostile, argumentative, accusatory, etc. when they get really intoxicated and others just want to dance, laugh, sing, and hug.  I'm inclined to do the latter.  And, I learned to avoid those who do the former.  It's unfortunate, too.   

• Love 20
(edited)
27 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

It was really ridiculous for Kyle and Teddi to keep going at Erika. If Kyle was mad at Rinna for what Rinna said to Kim then take it up with Rinna and keep going at Rinna. They (Kyle and Kohort Teddi) kept trying to wrangle Erika into their fight.

This attitude of Kyle and Teddi's came out of left field. Wasn't Teddi the one who went to Erika's chapel to confess and lobby for Erika's support? Didn't they all go glamping and to the Bahamas - I don't remember either of them complaining about Erika not wanting to be part of the group.

It seemed to me Kyle was hoping Erika would stand with her about Rinna’s use of her stage persona, so that she wouldn’t have to confront Rinna directly about Kim. Interesting that Rinna claimed on WWHL it had nothing to do with Kim - but, as others have said, Rinna is all about Rinna.

Also interesting that LVP was able to draft Teddi for “dirty work” based on bad feelings between her and Dorit - and now Kyle is able to draft Teddi for support based on bad feelings between her and Erika. Teddi is too vulnerable for such agendas. That said, Teddi has every right to blast both Dorit and Erika on her own behalf - they’ve been total assholes toward her sometimes (perhaps sensing her vulnerabilities).

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 7

The only plus I saw from Kyle last night were her impersonations.  She was really good with them.  I'll give her that.  But, if not making fun of others, what does she have really.....SPLITS?  UGLY HATS? lol  And for Kyle to accuse anyone of being BORING!!!!! Omg, too funny.   

• LOL 5
  • Love 16

What was it Erika said when Rinna popped in her room after she was in bed? Something like :” I look terrible- I hate my life”??!! 

Erika probably thought she was done filming for the night. Sneaky Rinna. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

DORIT!!!  I have seen glimpses of the girl we saw last night throughout her time on the show! I have tried to like her a few times in the past, hopefully she will be on a longer streak of likability  this time.  Was she the one who told Kyle this is why her acting career didn't take off past the age of seven (paraphrasing) while she was doing the imitations?  

I thought Kyle looked beautiful in the color green she wore last night but again, if you have to constantly adjust your top, it doesn't fit properly.  

I still like Erika....she is what she is.  I have hormonal migraines and sometimes I can function and sometimes I can't. I was proud of her for even going to the wine tasting and yes, if you don't feel well to begin with and are around a bunch of drunk people when you are sober, it isn't the best time.  Factor in them trying to box her into how they wanted her to feel, I would have been annoyed as well.          

Lisa R didn't really bother me last night.  She is horrible at times but seems fun.

Teddi......I do not know where she came up with thinking she was everyone's moral compass and it was exhausting her.  This is where Rinna showed some kindness......she handled Teddi's drunken pity party with compassion.       

All in all I thought last night was a pretty fun episode.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, nexxie said:

It seemed to me Kyle was hoping Erika would stand with her about Rinna’s use of her stage persona, so that she wouldn’t have to confront Rinna directly about Kim. Interesting that Rinna claimed on WWHL it had nothing to do with Kim - but, as others have said, Rinna is all about Rinna.

I completely believe this. Kyle, for whatever reason, does not want to confront Rinna, directly, for what she said to Kim. I also thought it looked like she was trying to get Erika upset, so Erika could yell at Rinna for her misrepresentation, but Erika won't play.

This is Kyle's issue (or should be, but, honestly, she didn't seem that upset at the time), and Kyle should confront Rinna, if she's upset about it.

Teddi's moral compass should be telling her it's none of her business and to stay out of it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
46 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

This is why Erika left the dinner table and also told Kyle when Kyle showed up at her room - let's discuss this tomorrow.

Sadly, Erika will be giving those 2 the side eye for the rest of the time she is on the show.

Erika gives everyone the side eye.

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

Teddi explained in her blog that the moral compass thing is because every time someone goes after her (Camille, Dorit, LVP) the first thing they bring up is her job as an accountability coach. So put on the defense, she feels she's obligated to always be accountable/morally right otherwise she looks like a sham. Much as I hate those three women, I don't think that's what they're saying -- they're just getting digs in where they can. But Teddi interprets it as needing to defend her job IRL

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I completely believe this. Kyle, for whatever reason, does not want to confront Rinna, directly, for what she said to Kim. I also thought it looked like she was trying to get Erika upset, so Erika could yell at Rinna for her misrepresentation, but Erika won't play.

This is Kyle's issue (or should be, but, honestly, she didn't seem that upset at the time), and Kyle should confront Rinna, if she's upset about it.

Teddi's moral compass should be telling her it's none of her business and to stay out of it. 

Just as Kyle tried to use Erika to fight her battle with Rinna, Teddi was using Kyle to fight her battle with Erika. imo Teddi never meant “moral compass” the way it’s being read here, that she’s somehow better - but more that she feels it her responsibility to see that understanding is achieved and justice is done.

The chaos/lack of structure/dysfunction of their backgrounds has left Kyle and Teddi both over-responsible and under-confident. Maybe they’ll go to therapy together - I’d watch that!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
20 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Just as Kyle tried to use Erika to fight her battle with Rinna, Teddi was using Kyle to fight her battle with Erika. imo Teddi never meant “moral compass” the way it’s being read here, that she’s somehow better - but more that she feels it her responsibility to see that understanding is achieved and justice is done.

The chaos/lack of structure/dysfunction of their backgrounds has left Kyle and Teddi both over-responsible and under-confident. Maybe they’ll go to therapy together - I’d watch that!

In Teddis blog ( why is she the only one doing a weekely blog? )she is saying moral compass because she is a accountability coach so to these women she isn't allowed to make a mistake because her job gets thrown in her face like shes supposed to be perfect 24/7 ... that explanation does make sense just came out wrong in her drunken slur ... and at least Kyle and Teddi in hindsight know they were harping on this and should have let it go and accept that criticism .... but there is what seems like shade thrown at Rinna for being a Therapist (surprised I haven't received a bill)

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-9/season-9/blogs/teddi-mellencamp-arroyave/teddi-14

When I say I don't want to be the moral compass for the group, I'm meaning that as an accountability coach I feel as if any little misstep I may make will be thrown in my face. From Dorit to Camille to LVP, there has been a pattern of throwing my business in my face any time I'm being pointed out for something. Taking accountability doesn't mean you're perfect, it means accepting culpability for your actions. So of course my guard goes up when my business, something I'm so proud of, is used against me. I know it's an extra pressure I put on myself and need to work on.

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

In Teddis blog ( why is she the only one doing a weekely blog? )she is saying moral compass because she is a accountability coach so to these women she isn't allowed to make a mistake because her job gets thrown in her face like shes supposed to be perfect 24/7 ... that explanation does make sense just came out wrong in her drunken slur ... and at least Kyle and Teddi in hindsight know they were harping on this and should have let it go and accept that criticism ....

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-9/season-9/blogs/teddi-mellencamp-arroyave/teddi-14

When I say I don't want to be the moral compass for the group, I'm meaning that as an accountability coach I feel as if any little misstep I may make will be thrown in my face. From Dorit to Camille to LVP, there has been a pattern of throwing my business in my face any time I'm being pointed out for something. Taking accountability doesn't mean you're perfect, it means accepting culpability for your actions. So of course my guard goes up when my business, something I'm so proud of, is used against me. I know it's an extra pressure I put on myself and need to work on.

Wish Teddi would find the strength to simply tell the others to fuck off in the face of their assholery. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

What was it Erika said when Rinna popped in her room after she was in bed? Something like :” I look terrible- I hate my life”??!! 

Erika probably thought she was done filming for the night. Sneaky Rinna. 

I noticed that Erika was completely make-up free when Rinna came into her room.  Her skin wasn't so dewy-looking as I thought, from past episodes when it appeared she was make-up less.  I don't know if she had just finished doing a facial scrub or exfoliation, but her face looked very red and blotchy.  

Edited by njbchlover
bad grammar
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

That said, I generally like Erika. But I cannot deal with that tired old "I am not usually friends with other women because..." thing. Stop it; it says more about the people who trot out that old saw than it does the people they're talking about. (And also, everyone who says that seems to think they're being so profound when, in reality, it's just a total "shit girls say" cliche.)

I agree with this. It is true women can be catty, dramatic, and jealous. But ALL of them? I’ll have to disagree. The women who say that are either the type who are so insecure and competitive they can’t handle friendships with other females and project it onto the entire rest of their gender OR they’re the type who aren’t girl’s girls so they put off other women. 

I’m not entirely sure about Erika. I think she’s said she does have female friends, just not many and that she’s never had a group of girls she hung out with. I don’t think this is that unusual. Not every woman has a Sex & the City group of friends where everyone is close and does things as a group. I for one have experienced ugliness with women, but I’ve also had it with men. Women have also been very kind and opened doors for me. So have men. No gender is entirely good or bad. 

• Love 16
(edited)

I tend to feel that the philosophy is a projection: the person making that statement is perhaps prone to those stereotypes herself and thus feels less insecure without "competition" while feeling more validated by male attention (see also, "I'm a cool chick--I burp, wear T-shirts, and eat steak, unlike those witches who dare to do "girly" things! Look at meeeeeee!" Unfortunately, I know a few of those and they are cattier than anyone.)

Hahhahhahha, @dosodog, just yesterday I used the "I owe you pain" Willow GIF in a FB comment!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I tend to feel that the philosophy is a projection: the person making that statement is perhaps prone to those stereotypes herself and thus feels less insecure without "competition" while feeling more validated by male attention (see also, "I'm a cool chick--I burp, wear T-shirts, and eat steak, unlike those witches who dare to do "girly" things! Look at meeeeeee!" Unfortunately, I know a few of those and they are cattier than anyone.)

Hey, it’s Ariana! 😉 

• LOL 7
6 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I wish LVP had told Teddi to go fuck off in the face of her assholery. 

Actually, Teddi should’ve told LVP to fuck off when she was first presented with the plan to shame Dorit. 

• Love 5

The most honest moment I’ve ever seen on a HW show was Teddy admitting she was hungry despite just eating a multi course meal prepared by a personal chef.  All she wanted was a single potato chip and Kyle acts like Teddy is holding plutonium yelling at her to PUT IT DOWN.  Sheesh, Kyle. It’s just a chip.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Actually, Teddi should’ve told LVP to fuck off when she was first presented with the plan to shame Dorit. 

In a text. Using John Blizzard as a go between to insinuate Teddi wants it to happen.......

• Love 5

Teddi has stated that she never talked directly to Lisa about the dog before the scene at Vanderpump Dogs. Teddi just decided that LVP was behind the outrage that someone felt who hand raised a puppy would feel when the innocent puppy was dumped by a grifter. Obviously it was LVP pulling the strings and these people did not have agency or minds of their own.

You can see with her interactions with Erica and Camille that Teddi can only scold and attack the other women because she has nothing interesting going on in her pitiful useless life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

That would have been difficult since she never once discussed a plan to shame Dorit with LVP. 

Sorry, but it’s beyond ridiculous to think LVP wasn’t behind that deal - Teddi would have been smart to send the “fuck off” through the flying monkeys doing LVP’s bidding.

• Love 7

I'm totally Team Erika with regard to the idea that she doesn't have to take a stand against Rinna pretending to be the person that Erika pretends to be.  That is just stupid.

That said, I think this episode Erika was mostly just being a bitch.  She is self-reflective enough to see how poorly she came off against Eileen and Dorit in Hong Kong that she is refusing to go to that dark place again in front of the cameras, so now that she is pissed, she is going about it in a passive-aggressive way.

I don't believe that Erika had a "migraine."  I believe she may have had a bit of a headache, and I think she was moody in general.  She said last episode that this is the heaviest she has ever been walking around.  That is enough to put someone on edge.  I think if we start going down the slippery slope of "well, no one can know, unless they were there," the point of posting our opinions gets completely lost.  I think it's more likely that the woman felt fat and unattractive than an actual migraine.  That is my opinion.

My position on Erika going wine-tasting when she supposedly has a migraine is to stay home.  She seemed utterly miserable on that trip, from making snide remarks about helicopters to accusing Rinna of being drunk to being uptight on the drive back that made me wish she had just sat this one out and taken the day to catch up on sleep or do whatever it is that would make Erika happy.  In season 3 of Real Housewives of New Jersey, they were filming in Punta Cana, and Caroline Manzo, who did not seem to be in the mood to film with Teresa, also cited a migraine, and did not go on the group outing that day.  She didn't get in trouble, and remained a full-time member of the cast through season five, so I don't think Erika was under a contractual obligation to go to a winery if she was actually ill, or good enough of an actress to feign illness (CaroMan was filmed with cloths on her head in hotel beds and stuff, so Erika might have had to do a little bit of that. Big deal). 

This was not your normal girls' trip.  It had a dark edge to it.  In seasons 2 and 3, respectively, the women started out with girls' trips to Colorado and Ojai, and even though some deep shit got discussed (and Taylor put herself in a suitcase) it was mostly drunken fun.  This time was weird.  I blame Kyle and Teddi for starting it with their aggressive interrogation of Erika, and I blame Erika (and, Rinna, who is, apparently, a director of this show, bouncing from person to person, trying to get them to drunkenly confront one another) for perpetuating it.

The only one who seemed totally fine during this trip was...Dorit?  Damn.

I think there is some truth to the idea that the women feel less of a sense of purpose without LVP (or Camille) to be the One Who Must Be Taken Down.  Remember how gleeful Erika was about the idea of beating Camille up in France?  I know she was saying it tongue-in-cheek, but, I think there was a kernel of truth there.

Teddi and Kyle--in vino veritas, much?  Freud could write an entire volume on these two in this episode, but I was kinda enjoying the ride.  Drunk Teddi is actually the less insufferable Teddi IMO!

I think the misunderstandings that occurred in this episode were just unfortunate cases of people missing each other.  It appeared that, at the dinner table, LisaR and Erika wanted to have Deep Conversation, about where Kyle's perfectionism originated, whereas Kyle and Teddi just wanted to be drunk and stupid.  There is a time and a place for all of it--sometimes even both at once--but it wasn't happening with this group at this time, thus the friction.  

Hopefully next episode is the penultimate.  I am ready to nail this thing closed already.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Also interesting that LVP was able to draft Teddi for “dirty work” based on bad feelings between her and Dorit - and now Kyle is able to draft Teddi for support based on bad feelings between her and Erika. Teddi is too vulnerable for such agendas.

Some say vulnerable, I say complicit. 

• Love 17
10 hours ago, endure said:

Reading your post made me realize Kyle likes to have one of the women close to her like bosom buddies, it’s like it gives her  courage in the group to then almost alienate them.

That's how Mean Girl bullies operate.

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The only plus I saw from Kyle last night were her impersonations.  She was really good with them.  I'll give her that.  But, if not making fun of others, what does she have really.....SPLITS?  UGLY HATS? lol  And for Kyle to accuse anyone of being BORING!!!!! Omg, too funny.   

Did anyone imitate Kyle?  They could have done the same walk she did for Teddi.  Kyle also walks like she just got off a horse.  When she left the table to go find Erika in her bedroom, she was indistinguishable from Teddi in her lumbering walk.

36 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

The most honest moment I’ve ever seen on a HW show was Teddy admitting she was hungry despite just eating a multi course meal prepared by a personal chef.  All she wanted was a single potato chip and Kyle acts like Teddy is holding plutonium yelling at her to PUT IT DOWN.  Sheesh, Kyle. It’s just a chip.  

Did Teddi actually EAT the multi course meal prepared by the chef?  Did she take tiny bites and leave most of it on her plate while feverishly counting calories in her head so she could put them in her accountability app?   Drinking a lot without eating much is how you get maudlin drunk, Teddi.

I think most of these women are starving most of the time, except for Erika and Denise.

• Love 17
39 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Well take comfort in the fact that she was a complete twat to LVP, both in the Bahamas and at Camille’s birthday party. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

Who will Teddi and Kyle blame their bad behavior on? Who's manipulating them into being assholes? Looks like they've got it down to me! 

Yeah, I just wonder why with all her feelings that Erika wasn't being honest, why didn't Erika challenge Kyle and say, "If you are that ticked off by how Rinna played me, COME OUT WITH IT. Stop pretending that you aren't.  LIAR."  But, I suppose that she thought Kyle was too drunk to process it.  lol  

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

Some say vulnerable, I say complicit. 

Teddi was vulnerable enough to become complicit - which she admitted, and for which she apologized.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Well take comfort in the fact that she was a complete twat to LVP, both in the Bahamas and at Camille’s birthday party. 

LVP has gotten off easy after all the sneaky shit she’s pulled over the years. For me it’s about intention - everyone hurts others by making mistakes, but not everyone intends to cause harm, like LVP. 

It’s good that “the big black cloud” is gone - there’s hope for this group now.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, chlban said:

She rarely gets along with her own sisters, sleazy hubby has a terrible business reputation and there are sporadic rumors of him cheating on Kyle, her store closed,her show was cancelled and her college bound daughter was shocked to learn toilets require cleaning(nice job preparing your kid for life)  She confronted one of her "best friends" and calls her a liar, earning her nickname Vile Kyle, and has finally alienated a lot of viewers, this time for good, that have tried to forgive her many other times. Yeah, your life is awesome, Kyle. My only empathy last night was reserved for Camille. Watching these horrible women fight like mid schoolers, again, was just disgusting. I can't even root for one of them because I detest every one of them.  

BTW, ladies, Erika is not, and never has been, a friend. She is there for the publicity to promote her ridiculous fantasy. She is not a girl's girl, never will be, doesn't want to be. 

Well to be fair, Vyle thinks her life is awesome because she thinks her hubby is 'hot' (appearances are everything to her vapid little head), and she has money to buy superficial shit (appearances are everything to her vapid little head). Things that you mention like having functioning college age children, good friends who you're not 'fighting' with like a 3rd grader, and having work ventures that last at least some years (showing you're good at something), are not things that Vyle appreciates or that are even on her radar. So by her accounts, she's fucking awesome.

ETA:

As I lamented last week and again this, these harpies are sooooo embarassing to me. What must the chateau staff think of them? Most guests I would wager, would be delighted to play lady and lord of the manor and act accordingly, but these dimwitted twatmongers act like they're in a Lord of the Flies play.

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19

I suspect that Rinna insulting Kim (as Erika Jayne) had a lot less to do with mending things with Kim than it did putting Kyle on edge - perhaps Rinna is moving into challenge position when it comes to Kyle.

That might explain Rinna’s claim on WWHL that Kyle wanted Erika to be mad at her but it had nothing to do with Kim - another move to put Kyle on edge.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, watcherwoman said:

As someone who knows more than I care to know about the Mellencamp kids, the word "vulnerable" could never be used about any of John's offspring.   Teddi takes care of Teddi.

Meg, is that you?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, watcherwoman said:

As someone who knows more than I care to know about the Mellencamp kids, the word "vulnerable" could never be used about any of John's offspring.   Teddi takes care of Teddi.

I know quite a bit as well and I totally disagree.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, chlban said:

She rarely gets along with her own sisters, sleazy hubby has a terrible business reputation and there are sporadic rumors of him cheating on Kyle, her store closed,her show was cancelled and her college bound daughter was shocked to learn toilets require cleaning(nice job preparing your kid for life)  She confronted one of her "best friends" and calls her a liar, earning her nickname Vile Kyle, and has finally alienated a lot of viewers, this time for good, that have tried to forgive her many other times. Yeah, your life is awesome, Kyle. My only empathy last night was reserved for Camille. Watching these horrible women fight like mid schoolers, again, was just disgusting. I can't even root for one of them because I detest every one of them.                                                     BTW, ladies, Erika is not, and never has been, a friend. She is there for the publicity to promote her ridiculous fantasy. She is not a girl's girl, never will be, doesn't want to be. 

Spot. On. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I’m a person who has been known to enjoy a cocktail or two, so I get it, but I was embarrassed for how these women acted at the Villa.  Talk about “Ugly Americans”!  They made complete asses out of themselves in front of the entire staff, who I’m sure were uncomfortable, and didn’t seem to care at all.  Not only were they practically stumbling drunk (Teddi and Kyle) but they were loud, obnoxious, and argumentative.  BTW, the odd look in Kyle’s eyes while resting her head on her hands during her dinner table disagreement with Erika.....was almost devilish. My God!  

As many of you have mentioned,  Dorit was the only housewife who had her head screwed on right.  That was a huge shock for me.

I realize I probably sound like some old judgemental fool but I’m not.  The lack of respect they had for the staff providing service to them threw me for a loop.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 22
14 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Maybe Erika didn't have a migraine and was using one as an excuse or maybe she really had one. I don't think we, as viewers, can tell by watching a highly edited show but I don't think it's fair to immediately dismiss her as faking it. 

Well, to be fair, I think Erika fakes everything. If she’s breathing, she’s faking. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, VedaPierce said:

Well, to be fair, I think Erika fakes everything. If she’s breathing, she’s faking. 

That’s sure what it looks like - I wonder if there is even one person with whom she can be herself, and if she is even her true self when alone.

• Love 13