Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Thirst Impressions

• Start Topic

(edited)
17 hours ago, smores said:

Not only should they grasp that different people have different personalities by nature, they need to get that they just fundamentally changed how Erika interacts with the group.  Erika was actually opening up to them about stuff and they were trying to push how THEY felt about something onto her.  When she tried to explain to them how she felt they were treating her, they jumped on her and told her she wasn't being honest.  So there is only one way for her to behave, or she's not being fun, she's not participating with them.  And then there's only one response to their complaints or else she is not being honest.

As for your situation, I'm so sorry.  I have been there and men like that are assholes.  No one goes around telling them that they need to just smile more.  Really they need to be told to be a dick less often, but that's not going to happen either. 

I generally like Erika, however this season she has had a few situations that have really disappointed me.  I'm not thrilled with her stance on the LVP thing, as I think all of her "the dark cloud has been lifted" statements are pretty much out of nowhere.  I know she hasn't ever particularly liked LVP and that's fine, but LVP hasn't ever really done anything to her, so I don't get why she's taken this weird mean girl stand against her and I don't like it.  That said, I was totally on her side this episode with the bullshit that Kyle and Teddi were pulling.

Thanks, and being told to smile is another pet peeve. 😂 You are so right about when men really need to be told.

Sounds like we see Erika the same way. I generally like her too, but I think she’s being awfully harsh on a woman who hasn’t really done anything to her. For some reason all of these women don’t see Lisa as a human who was vulnerable and in pain. The way Kyle was all hugs and I love you’s to Teddi in this episode was the way I wish she would have been towards Lisa. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 9
On 6/20/2019 at 3:55 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Erika was right not to engage with drunk people, but she could have been a lot more friendly.

Why does one need to be friendly when being incessantly badgered? Why do rude drunk people need to be placated? 

We talk about how powerful women are, that we should use our voices, that no means no. She told them she had no issue. They kept going and going insisting she should have one. Who needs to be polite about that level of disrespect? I think Erika makes people uncomfortable because she doesn’t play the submissive game that is what has come to be expected of women. She’s comfortable asserting her boundaries and that makes other people uncomfortable because they can’t. Case in point, Kyle cant even tell Rinna she is upset without significant back up. 

I totally get her. I do believe she’s been screwed over by females time and again in her life and now has a wall. And when she dares lets down that wall they just reinforce why it was there in the first place. 

These women all talk crap about each other, say horrible things to each other, have zero loyalty to anyone but themselves. To me, Erika and LVP are the realest people on this show. I’d walk the hell out, too. Make no mistake, they are all doing it for a paycheque, exposure and some semblance of imagined relevance. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Mumbojumbo said:

Why does one need to be friendly when being incessantly badgered? Why do rude drunk people need to be placated? 

We talk about how powerful women are, that we should use our voices, that no means no. She told them she had no issue. They kept going and going insisting she should have one. Who needs to be polite about that level of disrespect? I think Erika makes people uncomfortable because she doesn’t play the submissive game that is what has come to be expected of women. She’s comfortable asserting her boundaries and that makes other people uncomfortable because they can’t. Case in point, Kyle cant even tell Rinna she is upset without significant back up. 

I totally get her. I do believe she’s been screwed over by females time and again in her life and now has a wall. And when she dares lets down that wall they just reinforce why it was there in the first place. 

These women all talk crap about each other, say horrible things to each other, have zero loyalty to anyone but themselves. To me, Erika and LVP are the realest people on this show. I’d walk the hell out, too. Make no mistake, they are all doing it for a paycheque, exposure and some semblance of imagined relevance. 

Fine but why do a woman's ensemble show? She is boring and bitchy you can't be both.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)

I’m not necessarily fond of Erika Jayne and definitely prefer the Erika Girardi version...(mostly because I can’t stand the clinger known as Mikey) is there another persona there, as many astute posters have mentioned before?  Who is the real Erika?

While I don’t love her icy tone at times (still can’t figure out why she disliked LVP immediately) I think Teddi and Kylie were being ridiculous to her on this trip. She told them she was feeling comfortable (finally!) and their reaction is to question the validity of her words?  I can certainly understand while Kyle was upset by Rinna’s words/actions while dressed as Erika (I’d probably feel the same way in her position) but once Erika said she was not bothered by it, then shut up Teddi/Kyle.  Especially Teddi, who seems to think she is Kyle’s spokesperson, in her mind.   

I can see why Kyle was hurt by Rinna’s inappropriateness, but it’s not Erika’s issue.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 11

I think you put your finger on it. 

Erika is very insecure and her tough girl act is all a facade. She was very jealous of her meal ticket and could not deal with him admiring another woman. I bet she made sure he didn't have any competition. I bet he has male secretaries. 

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I think you put your finger on it. 

Erika is very insecure and her tough girl act is all a facade. She was very jealous of her meal ticket and could not deal with him admiring another woman. I bet she made sure he didn't have any competition. I bet he has male secretaries. 

I agree that I don’t think Erika is as tough as she wants to come across. I think she’s been hurt a lot in life so she is slow to trust and wants to appear tough so people don’t mess with her. 

Not all, but some of those women who don’t have women friends are the exact types who do not want any female competition around. I’m not sure about Erika. She was leery of LVP prior to Tom being charmed by her. I thought maybe it was because of Yolanda and possibly having her own opinions based on stuff she’d seen on the show. 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

She was leery of LVP prior to Tom being charmed by her. I thought maybe it was because of Yolanda and possibly having her own opinions based on stuff she’d seen on the show. 

I think that was when Erika said something like, "Oh, so LVP is a sniper from the side."  I may not have that right, but yes, I think Yolanda poisoned the well before Erika even met LVP.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Mumbojumbo said:

I agree with what you are saying in general, you shouldn't have to placate someone who is badgering you.  But I do think there was no point in trying to be direct with Kyle.  She was beyond having any sort of conversation with, the best way to deal with her was to tell her they'd be honest in the morning, as anything else would be going in circles.

• Love 4

Erika seemed to be more enthused with the group before this season.  She seems to have checked out.  I don't think she really wants to be there, but since it's a paycheck and a way to promote her singing career, she seems to be doing what she needs to do in order to further her career outside of this show.  I might be way off base on my assessment, but that's how I see it.  

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I don't think she really wants to be there, but since it's a paycheck and a way to promote her singing career, she seems to be doing what she needs to do in order to further her career outside of this show.

The days of promoting are numbered for her. I think during this trip there are problems in her marriage caused by financial issues. She is coming to the realization that her career as EJ is over. 

Mikey and her glam crew have jumped ship and moved on. EJ is done.

• Love 8
On 6/25/2019 at 7:26 PM, Happy Camper said:

The days of promoting are numbered for her. I think during this trip there are problems in her marriage caused by financial issues. She is coming to the realization that her career as EJ is over. 

Mikey and her glam crew have jumped ship and moved on. EJ is done.

Could be - but Erika might want to take her reality show “career” more seriously in case Tom dumps Erika Girardi along with Erika Jayne.

• Love 2
On 6/20/2019 at 8:56 AM, VedaPierce said:

also, to add to the Erika analysis, I’ve always been irked by people who can’t laugh at themselves. I think she takes herself gravely seriously and that’s one of the reasons I don’t like her. She’s up her own ass. 

I agree - Erika having a sense of humor about herself would have completely changed her presence on the show (and I baked you a thank-you pie, Veda  ; )

joan crawford pie.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 6/29/2019 at 1:19 AM, film noire said:

I agree - Erika having a sense of humor about herself would have completely changed her presence on the show (and I baked you a thank-you pie, Veda  ; )

joan crawford pie.jpg

OMG! That's awesome! 💕❤️😘

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/2/2019 at 7:00 PM, ButterQueen said:

OMG....these women are trying way too hard.  They were so obnoxious, and Kyle and Teddi were ridiculous

Yes, and loud, uncouth, and unpleasant to watch. I’m rewatching to see the beautiful chateau and glimpses of France, but I have the sound muted.  Come on, ‘ladies’!  No more beret shopping. 

• Love 4
On 6/25/2019 at 7:34 AM, Mumbojumbo said:

This is a very real and honest post.

• Love 4
On 6/24/2019 at 11:34 PM, Mumbojumbo said:

If there was an emogee for "can I get a hallelujah and an amen" I would be on it! Love your post!

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/20/2019 at 1:16 AM, Giselle said:

Team Erica these last two episodes. She told you she wasn't bothered by Rinna's impersonation she understood that you think differently. You kept going at her badgering,  hoping she would change her mind and give you an answer acceptable to you.

Teddi and Kyle disgusted me by forcing the issue. 

I say this as someone who thought Rinna's actions were awful at the Halloween party and as someone who doesn't generally care for either Erica G nor Erica J. 

They really needed to let it go, and Kyle should focused on Rinna’s behavior and what she said to Kim.  Neither Kim or Rinna acted like adults over that entire stupid rabbit episode, and for the love of God it was a couple years ago!  Let it go!  Kyle and Teddi should have said, “well, I would have been annoyed, but if you’re not, ok then.”

because lets face it, Erica wasn’t annoyed because she was flattered that someone was impersonating HER.

by the end of that lunch Erica has a glass of wine in her hand, so I call bs on the migraine.    I’d feel sorry for the vintner with all the screeching, but he was obviously doing this for the publicity to get a distributor, so.....

Erica can also get over herself with the “I have a chapel” garbage.  You have a small room into which you put some sort of religious pieces you picked up lord knows where.  It’s not consecrated, so it’s not a chapel.  Doesn’t it have items from multiple religions?

lord, I had stopped watching BH, and only caught a couple of episodes in a marathon yesterday.  What the heck are Kyle and Erica wearing in their talking heads?  If Erica wants people to see her as a real person, she needs to stop wearing costumes,

Edited by Mrs peel
Can’t type
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 1:34 AM, Mumbojumbo said:

This is a brilliant post. I don't know how I missed it. 

I never get why some people expect women to be friendly no matter what. I'm a nice person, but if you come at me rude and annoying, don't expect me to be friendly back. It's a pretty basic concept that many people don't seem to grasp, especially men towards women. 

The stuff between Erika and Kyle kind of reminded of the contrast between me and my sister. 

Like Kyle, my sister is very emotional, everything brings her to tears. Sometimes she is also that annoying drunk who expects everyone else to be just as giggly, uninhibited and silly. She is also quick to get fired up when she's upset. I'm typically mellow, am sensitive inside but try not to cry, can be completely happy without getting drunk or gregarious, and don't get worked up as often as she does either. She's accused me of having no heart for not crying at a movie, gotten upset with me for not smiling enough at parties, and like Erika's experience with Kyle, sometimes has the nerve to get upset when I do get upset, which isn't nearly as frequent as she does.

There are times I want to tell her to grow up and not cry all the time, that maybe she's had enough to drink, etc. But I don't because I don't want to hurt her feelings, get in the way of her fun, and understand we're all different and entitled to our emotions/individual personalities. I didn't see Erika having a problem, ever judging Kyle, or getting in the middle of anyone else's fun either. I like Kyle most of the time, but one of my criticisms of her is that at times she's been a little too comfortable when she's confronted people. I don't see why she'd need backup with confronting Rinna when she's had no problems being direct before. 

It's annoying enough when men tell women to smile 24/7, that if we aren't in a great mood, it must be that time of the month (we apparently don't ever have reason to be upset), that if we're assertive, we're bitches. You'd expect other women to understand that women shouldn't have to be submissive, and that we are all different. It's an extra disappointment when another woman, especially a friend/family member, has a problem with you for daring to not see an issue, then daring to be annoyed that you're badgered over and over. 

There's no RH that I side with every episode/season, but I think I have a soft spot for Erika because I too generally get her. I think she's been hurt a lot, so she's leery of getting close to people, because when she does, she gets hurt. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
On 6/25/2019 at 4:18 PM, izabella said:

I think that was when Erika said something like, "Oh, so LVP is a sniper from the side."  I may not have that right, but yes, I think Yolanda poisoned the well before Erika even met LVP.

I don’t usually defend Erika but she may have not have liked Lisa from the beginning simply because she saw through her. I didn’t like LVP from season 1- I got horrible grief for it over at TWOP, I could tell it really pissed off Howard!!

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:05 PM, RealHousewife said:

This is a brilliant post. I don't know how I missed it. 

I never get why some people expect women to be friendly no matter what. I'm a nice person, but if you come at me rude and annoying, don't expect me to be friendly back. It's a pretty basic concept that many people don't seem to grasp, especially men towards women. 

The stuff between Erika and Kyle kind of reminded of the contrast between me and my sister. 

Like Kyle, my sister is very emotional, everything brings her to tears. Sometimes she is also that annoying drunk who expects everyone else to be just as giggly, uninhibited and silly. She is also quick to get fired up when she's upset. I'm typically mellow, am sensitive inside but try not to cry, can be completely happy without getting drunk or gregarious, and don't get worked up as often as she does either. She's accused me of having no heart for not crying at a movie, gotten upset with me for not smiling enough at parties, and like Erika's experience with Kyle, sometimes has the nerve to get upset when I do get upset, which isn't nearly as frequent as she does.

There are times I want to tell her to grow up and not cry all the time, that maybe she's had enough to drink, etc. But I don't because I don't want to hurt her feelings, get in the way of her fun, and understand we're all different and entitled to our emotions/individual personalities. I didn't see Erika having a problem, ever judging Kyle, or getting in the middle of anyone else's fun either. I like Kyle most of the time, but one of my criticisms of her is that at times she's been a little too comfortable when she's confronted people. I don't see why she'd need backup with confronting Rinna when she's had no problems being direct before. 

It's annoying enough when men tell women to smile 24/7, that if we aren't in a great mood, it must be that time of the month (we apparently don't ever have reason to be upset), that if we're assertive, we're bitches. You'd expect other women to understand that women shouldn't have to be submissive, and that we are all different. It's an extra disappointment when another woman, especially a friend/family member, has a problem with you for daring to not see an issue, then daring to be annoyed that you're badgered over and over. 

There's no RH that I side with every episode/season, but I think I have a soft spot for Erika because I too generally get her. I think she's been hurt a lot, so she's leery of getting close to people, because when she does, she gets hurt. 

Would you make for interesting reality TV? Erika doesn't. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

I don’t think I would as I’d be too uncomfortable, but believe it or not I’ve been told on numerous times I would be good reality TV. It might be because I act as a hobby. 

I enjoy Erika, but to each his own. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

I don’t usually defend Erika but she may have not have liked Lisa from the beginning simply because she saw through her. I didn’t like LVP from season 1- I got horrible grief for it over at TWOP, I could tell it really pissed off Howard!!

True - Erika had LVP’s number early on. With cons, you either see them, or you don’t. Some people buy LVP’s carefully curated pink world but others see right through it. A few years ago, LVP’s British family called her out, telling the press they didn’t recognize this new version of her.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, nexxie said:

True - Erika had LVP’s number early on. With cons, you either see them, or you don’t. Some people buy LVP’s carefully curated pink world but others see right through it. A few years ago, LVP’s British family called her out, telling the press they didn’t recognize this new version of her.

Why do the women not see the con that is Dorit? I can't figure that out! It's baffling.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Why do the women not see the con that is Dorit? I can't figure that out! It's baffling.

I agree.  I don't see what Dorit brings to the table for the ladies to turn a blind eye to her and PK's shenanigans.  And then when Camille brings up valid concerns about Dorit, the ladies all turn on Camille.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I agree.  I don't see what Dorit brings to the table for the ladies to turn a blind eye to her and PK's shenanigans.  And then when Camille brings up valid concerns about Dorit, the ladies all turn on Camille.

I have my criticisms of Dorit, but she’s never been malicious towards any of them. I do think Camille’s points were valid. When you are very wealthy, you need to be especially leery of social climbers and grifters. I still think the way Camille brought it up on camera was vicious. It’s possible the other women have talked about all the rumors off camera. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I’m not sure they don’t - she just hasn’t plotted to cruelly use them.

We may find out that Dorit’s hubby learned a lot about con games and illusion from his pal “Kenny.”

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Higgins said:

Erika would be a lot more interesting if we got to see the dressed-down version in her actual marriage situation - who knows what that deal is really all about?!

• Love 2