Type keyword(s) to search

Things Heard Around Paulie: The Rectify Quote Thread

After the doctor gives the news that it's time to awaken Daniel from the induced coma:

Amantha: Well, Mr. Holden. It's time to bring you back to the land of the living. Hope you're ready for it, 'cause it's a shit show.

• Love 1

"If you're lying in a coma and you just can't deal with it anymore and you're just too tired and you're ready to see what's on the other side, it's not my place to tell you what to do, brother. It's just not my place. But whatever you decide, I'll still love you, D. Always. Forever and always."

• Love 3

Daniel: "Thank you for Kerwin. He was a good person, and he was my friend. I miss him every day."

My heart broke.

Oh show, must you make me a weepy mess every week?

• Love 4

"It's a big difference in the eyes of the law if an object, in this case coffee grounds, has been forced into your anal cavity, rather than some had just matriculated into your general crack area."

Legalese, small town cop style.

• Love 2

As Daniel ("Donald") is eating with the ladies while visiting Atlanta:

"Donald": I'm from Alabama actually.

Lady at table: Oh, I'm so sorry.

That was a wildly popular attitude of most Georgians I knew growing up.

• Love 1

Jon: How old were you then? Five? Eight?

Woman: I was old enough.

Jon: Old enough...for what? To listen to what your parents told you and believe it because they told you it was the truth? Afraid to think for yourself? Scared to look at all the facts? And for what? So you'd be afraid to admit to yourself that you might be wrong? Could you go do that somewhere else?

• Love 3

Daniel:  I've done some despicable things.

Tawney:  It doesn't change that it's there, your goodness. But if you keep that goodness to yourself and you don't share it with the world, then that's a greater sin than anything you think you might have done in the past.

• Love 2