Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 4/17/2022 at 1:19 PM, The Crazed Spruce said:

Season 3 finally dropped on CBC Gem.

Not all of it. Still waiting for a few episodes. 

I like Allison and most of the ghosts. Mary is a bit of a pain and so is the Grey lady.

I think they could have done better in writing for Allison 's bf. He's being portrayed as really stupid.

• Love 1

Just rewatched this show and realized that it wasn't clear to me how all of the Ghosts died yet, particularly Kitty.  For Kitty, I know we got the flashback episode showing us how heartless her sister was and how Kitty suppresses those memories.  But did they show or tell us how she died?  I'm guessing her sister was involved because she sucked but it would be interesting to know if Kitty was intentionally suppressing memories around her death as well.  

Also, did they tell us how the Captain died?  Was it related to the bomb he buried?

33 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

Just rewatched this show and realized that it wasn't clear to me how all of the Ghosts died yet, particularly Kitty.  For Kitty, I know we got the flashback episode showing us how heartless her sister was and how Kitty suppresses those memories.  But did they show or tell us how she died?  I'm guessing her sister was involved because she sucked but it would be interesting to know if Kitty was intentionally suppressing memories around her death as well.  

Also, did they tell us how the Captain died?  Was it related to the bomb he buried?

No, we haven't been told (yet) how Kitty or the Captain died. We know some of the ghosts' death stories but not all.

• Like 1
On 6/18/2022 at 11:57 AM, Llywela said:

No, we haven't been told (yet) how Kitty or the Captain died. We know some of the ghosts' death stories but not all.

They're probably pacing themselves. One, maybe two death stories per series. Though I'm betting that Kitty's sister had something to do with hers. Either a cruel prank gone wrong, or out-and-out murrrrrrrrrrrder. (The latter more likely than the former.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

S4EP1 - I liked the part where Julian and Fanny were criticizing the guests. That was fun. The slow relevation of Robin's deeds were depressing.

S4EP2 - The way Mary died is just so sad and depressing. I am glad they didn't show more of that. I liked the plot of the Captain trying to learn to enjoy the little moments instead of killing time.

S4EP3 - This one was kind of weak but I liked the moment where they watched A quiet place thinking it was going to be a relaxing movie 😆

• Like 1

I think we have now gotten a backstory episode and cause of death for all of the ghosts, or am I confused?

Episode 4:

Spoiler

I didn't even really care about Mary but everyone's reaction to her being sucked off and how Robin deals with these losses had me in tears.

• Like 1

S4EP4 - The way Mike fixed the cake was really cool. I did not expect that.

S4EP5 - The annoying neighbor is just bad plot. Not entertaining television. I wish they'd cut that out. I'm glad Allison won in the end but it was a tedious road to get there.

S4EP6 - The scene where Robyn redirected the lightning was very cool. I am curious what direction the show will take in the next season. With an ending like that, I suppose they are confident about a renewal.

19 hours ago, AngieBee1 said:

I think we have now gotten a backstory episode and cause of death for all of the ghosts, or am I confused?

Episode 4:

Reveal spoiler

I didn't even really care about Mary but everyone's reaction to her being sucked off and how Robin deals with these losses had me in tears.

Cap and Kitty. Both have had backstory episodes, but we don't know how either of them died, unless I'm forgetting something.

Robin's tickled me, because it was so out of left field and yet it was obvious all through the episode that he hadn't actually been mauled by the bear that killed his comrades, since there's not a mark on him and the ghosts all carry their death wounds, so to speak. So I was expecting something else to happen - and then the lightning strike explained his affinity for electricity. It was cool that Mike actually sort of saw him for a second there, that he actually left footprints.

I really shouldn't have binged the season so fast - always leaves me wanting more!

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, DanielleBowden said:

Where are you watching?  I can't find S4 on HBO Max.

It was released last week on BBC iPlayer (and will be airing weekly on BBC1, ep 2 this Thursday). I don't know about international releases.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 10/27/2021 at 10:58 PM, chaifan said:

If Robin's speech is fixed in time to when he died, then he wouldn't speak English at all.  (And make for a very boring character, limited to grunts.)  The fact that he's learned rudimentary English indicates he can change that aspect of his being, or non-being, or whatever.  He obviously understands everything he hears.

Depending on how old he is, there's a good chance the language centres of the brain wouldn't be fully evolved; and he'd be left with the anatomical brain he had at the time.
Mind, Humphrey's body is able to walk around without a brain telling his muscles how to move, and his head can talk, without any lungs pushing air over his vocal chords; so.... fanwank time.

On 12/18/2021 at 6:27 PM, bunnyface said:

I finally signed up for a service that carries this and in the last two days have watched up to when Thomas is shot.  But...has anyone ever seen the hole in his back?  It seems like we've seen him from the back several times but I've never seen a hole.  Just the one in the front.  Am I just missing it?  (I know logic doesn't apply to many areas.)

Would an 1820s pistol at that range, and hitting ribs have an exist wound? I'd be very surprised if it had enough power.

I like both versions of the show, U.S. and British, but I LOVE that the actors in the British version play multiple roles. I kept watching the first season of U.S. Ghosts to see if any of the basement ghosts were played by any of the main ghosts, but I guess they decided not to do that in the U.S. version. 

• Like 1

I have been in touch with HBO Max on Twitter & Facebook, and they have NO information about streaming Ghosts UK Season 4 in the U.S.! Quote from Facebook: "I'll be sure to pass along the request [for Season 4] to our team."  I find this very distressing--I really want to see Season 4.

• Sad 2

Grrr... I have recently discovered this show and am head-over-heels for it. Someone on Reddit said they contacted HBOMax and was told season 4 is coming next week. Here's hoping that this was legit information, and whoever is running the social media accounts is just out of the loop (but I'm not holding my breath).

• Like 4

They released another Christmas episode! This one is very heartwarming and cute, made my heart flutter in a couple of scenes, particularly with Pete.

And now it's confirmed that people still need to go to the bathroom in the afterlife. Fascinating.

Also, I am obsessed with Thomas's pronouncation of "vision". Amazing🤩

Finally, is it just me, or was Captain an exceptionally good stage hand?

• Like 2

I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes of Season 3. Mary's backstory is interesting and I wish Alison could have met the Puritan ghost as well.

Kitty isn't as annoying this season and Mike isn't as stupid as season 1.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

So sad to hear this.  I hope that a few or most of them will be sucked up.

Sucked off, you mean. 😉😅

I'm really sad that the show is ending, but on the other hand, I'm glad that the creators are ending it on their own terms, at a time of their own choosing. I don't necessarily want all the ghosts to be sucked off - some of them have been around so long, it seems unrealistic (you know, unrealistic to the show's internal logic) that they would all move on within a short stretch of time - but I do hope we finally get proper origin stories for them all (we don't know yet how either Cap or Kitty died). And maybe even learn Cap's full name!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Llywela said:

Sucked off, you mean. 😉😅

I'm really sad that the show is ending, but on the other hand, I'm glad that the creators are ending it on their own terms, at a time of their own choosing. I don't necessarily want all the ghosts to be sucked off - some of them have been around so long, it seems unrealistic (you know, unrealistic to the show's internal logic) that they would all move on within a short stretch of time - but I do hope we finally get proper origin stories for them all (we don't know yet how either Cap or Kitty died). And maybe even learn Cap's full name!

oops. Yep that's what I meant.

I thought Kitty's sister was involved in her death? 

But you are right. We need to learn Cap's full name. 

3 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I thought Kitty's sister was involved in her death? 

But you are right. We need to learn Cap's full name. 

Kitty had a background story in which we saw that her beloved sister was a prize bitch, but I don't believe that episode showed us how Kitty actually died, so her full origin story has yet to be told.

• Like 2

I had a flight to Europe on Emirates this week and they had the entire season 4 to watch. Since we haven't been able to see it yet in the US I was very excited!

It was so good with a twist that I was not expecting. I won't post it here, it's too good!

It was 6 episodes like usual.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Arynm said:

I had a flight to Europe on Emirates this week and they had the entire season 4 to watch. Since we haven't been able to see it yet in the US I was very excited!

It was so good with a twist that I was not expecting. I won't post it here, it's too good!

It was 6 episodes like usual.

Series 4 aired months ago in the UK and has already been discussed up-thread, so it is fair game for discussion here, you don't have to avoid talking about the details you enjoyed. :)

• Like 1

I would imagine CBS/ Paramount has picked that up, too. If they're going to play two episodes a week, they'll get through a season every three weeks (not including Christmas specials) so they could conceivably go through the whole series.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Like 1

Season 5 is up on CBC Gem.

Free if you sign in as a weekly episode.

If you pay you get all the episodes.

Saw the first one, damn i miss this show.

There are 6 episodes in total and a promised Christmas episode to come.

• Like 1

And that's the final season - just one episode to go, the final Christmas special.

Some lovely moments in this season. Plus - cause of death for Kitty and Cap! Cap has a name!

I'm going to miss this show, but for now looking forward to that last Christmas episode.

• Like 1