Type keyword(s) to search

Denise Richards: Drop Dead Gorgeous Wild Thing

• Start Topic

Just now, breezy424 said:

I really don't get your point.  Denise and her husband were rescuing their animals.  They helped out another rescue group in the process.  They got LVD to take the dogs.  End of story.  Did Denise and her husband 'dump' the dogs on LVD?  Did LVP say that?  She took the dogs.  It's a rescue organization.  Now it's Denise and Aaron are neglecting the children?

You brought in Beth Stern.  There's no comparison.

Let's just agree to disagree.  LVP can do no wrong.  Got it.

I'm totally happy to agree to disagree, so please don't take this as me arguing.  I just feel compelled to try to explain because you said you don't get my point.  And, also, I want to be clear, I do not feel that LVP can do no wrong.  This literally has nothing to do with LVP being right or wrong for me, the only thing it has to do with LVP for me in this case is that the dogs Denise rounded up went to VDPDs.  That's where LVP begins and ends in the story for me.

Denise and her husband were rescuing animals, true.  They said they were helping a rescue group, my question is, which group?  Where I'm coming from is that if they were working for/with a rescue group, for example, the Humane Society, then the dogs they picked up would have been taken to the Humane Society.  The Humane Society would have fixed/vaxxed/chipped them.  Then also adopted them out.  What we know from Denise's post is that Denise says she was working with a rescue group to round up dogs, however we don't know what group.

I mention Beth Stern simply because Beth does a lot of animal rescue work.  Beth is specific about the groups she works with, she calls them out in her social media frequently.  She does this because she's a public person and she uses the public platform she has to bring awareness to animals that need rescuing and also the funding for doing so.  So what struck me as strange with Denise is that when she was rescuing dogs from the fire, why NOT drop the name of the rescue group? There's an author I follow on twitter who is pretty involved in cat rescue.  The author fosters kittens, they post updates about the kittens, how they are growing, etc.  Every post tags the name of the rescue group they are fostering through.  The author lives in CA and during the fires, they also posted names of animal rescues that people could support.  There were specific calls for people who were semi-local, because if you were, could you take in a dog, a cat, etc? If you lived somewhere else, could you throw $20, $5, even $1 to this rescue group? Because they were overloaded and were going to need more food, supplies, etc, due to the number of people displaced and people who were not able to take animals with them.  So it was based on this that I was surprised that Denise did not also use her platform to throw out a plea for some funds for the group she was rescuing with.

Finally, and again, this has nothing to do with LVP not doing anything wrong, but, it appears that VDPDs took in 8 dogs that Denise somehow acquired.  So yes, she apparently was out there physically rescuing them, but my point is, if you're going to do that, what is the end game for the dogs?  She had no place to house them, as she herself was displaced from her house.  If she was working with a rescue group, again, let's pretend the Humane Society, then they would have taken them and fixed/vaxxed/chipped them.  But then went to VDPDs.  Someone contacted VDPDs.  From the stories all have told, it appears that Denise was the one who did, which is why I wonder who she was working with, because if she was working with an established group, they would have already had a plan in place.  In the end VDPDs is the one who took them, fixed/vaxxed/chipped them and had them adopted.

So, that's where I was coming from.  And with that, I'm cool agreeing to disagree, I just felt like I needed to try to explain where I was coming from, in case it helped clear it up.

• Love 15

I can't figure out Denise. Where does she actually stand on LVP? Are they ok? Are they not? Is she a flipper? Is she a flopper? 

Is she pulling a Camille move?

I'm so confused. Can someone kindly create a spreadsheet for me?

Thanks in advance.

• LOL 10

No they are obsessed with what LVP can do for them. I bet they got their meal and drinks comped. Do you think Kyle or Dorito ever paid for a meal in one of Lisa’s joints?

Denise has revealed herself to be a member of the Lisa Rinna/Brandi Glanville Axis of Evil. She is going to have a very difficult second season.

• Love 8
(edited)

My guess is Denise and LVP made amends, but this is indeed confusing. If they made up, I think it's great. I was hoping they'd become friends. 

Denise has been friends with Rinna for years. I'm not sure why she gets so much flack for having anything to do with Brandi though. I am NOT a Brandi fan, but they haven't even known each other that long and aren't close. LVP was actually besties with Brandi for a long time, and almost everyone gave her points for being buddies with Brandi no matter how cruel she was to others right in front of LVP. LVP only washed her hands of Brandi when she was the recipient of her vitriol. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

My guess is Denise and LVP made amends, but this is indeed confusing. If they made up, I think it's great. I was hoping they'd become friends. 

Denise has been friends with Rinna for years. I'm not sure why she gets so much flack for having anything to do with Brandi though. I am NOT a Brandi fan, but they haven't even known each other that long and aren't close. LVP was actually besties with Brandi for a long time, and almost everyone gave her points for being buddies with Brandi no matter how cruel she was to others right in front of LVP. LVP only washed her hands of Brandi when she was the recipient of her vitriol. 

But, when Brandi appeared on this season, Denise said she was a very good friend of hers. And when Brandi proceeded to trash LVP, it was obvious that she (Brandi) still had an ax to grind with LVP and was allowed to do so. Yet, Brandi wasn't a part of the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

But, when Brandi appeared on this season, Denise said she was a very good friend of hers. And when Brandi proceeded to trash LVP, it was obvious that she (Brandi) still had an ax to grind with LVP and was allowed to do so. Yet, Brandi wasn't a part of the show. 

Were those her exact words? I've seen posts on this forum calling them besties, but they haven't known each other long enough to be close. My guess is production used Denise to bring Brandi on, just like they did with Adrienne Brandi's first season. They play up friendships as being closer than they are all the time to make the cast appear more organic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think lisa would've posted something if they made up. I think they are just teasing at LVP which is so weird. It's like if lvp went to Aaron's "clinic" 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 8/8/2019 at 8:54 PM, Happy Camper said:

Well, what is going on here?

DR.jpg

On 8/10/2019 at 5:20 AM, janie2002 said:

How effing weird. These women are obsessed with LVP.

Clearly LVP forgot to fumigate. 

Edited by Dutchgirl
  • LOL 7
10 hours ago, janie2002 said:

I think lisa would've posted something if they made up. I think they are just teasing at LVP which is so weird. It's like if lvp went to Aaron's "clinic" 

I think they are trolling LVP. This is like the whole Goodbye Kyle thing. It's why Dorit liked the post. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, janie2002 said:

I think its social media damage control.

Denise was playing neutral, cool chick with LvP up until it was clear she was no longer going to be on the show.

Then Denise let the facade drop and made some remarks about LvP on WWHL and Sessa calls her out.  Then Denise's hubby threatens legal action and LvP calls him out.

Then Denise apologizes on twitter and goes to LvP's restaurant and hashtags it so everyone that talks about the show knows it.

She has decided that there are more downsides to being contentious with LvP on social media than upsides.  They aren't coworkers.  Denise is trying to put an image of herself out there.  She's hoping going to the restaurant just makes it all go away and people will move onto something else.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Were those her exact words? I've seen posts on this forum calling them besties, but they haven't known each other long enough to be close. My guess is production used Denise to bring Brandi on, just like they did with Adrienne Brandi's first season. They play up friendships as being closer than they are all the time to make the cast appear more organic. 

Production plays up all sorts of things, which some decide to take as the gospel truth when it supports their world view. Denise and Brandi have been besties forever or they've been acquainted since January or February of 2018 when Denise switched agents. Hint. It's the latter. This past season started filming in August 2018, so Denise and Brandi have known each other for 6 or 7 months. That's not saying that they couldn't have become pretty close in a short time. They could have, but it's also equally likely that Denise wanted to pick Brandi's brain about filming.

This is just like how Kyle's dumb lie detector story was a way to cover up that production told Kyle about LVP's lie detector test. The cover story isn't for Kyle's benefit nor is it for the benefit of the rest of the cast. The lie is entirely about protecting the show from breaking the third world...third rail...fourth world...fourth wall. The lie is for us, the audience. So yeah Brandi and Denise are probably friendly. But considering they met through a professional contact and they have a professional gig (RHoBH) in common, it's pretty likely that their early conversations were "professional" even if it's not something we'd ordinarily think of as professional. Gossiping about LVP being a shady bitch wouldn't normally be work except they're being paid to play this out in front of cameras.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 8/4/2019 at 5:04 AM, ivygirl said:

Wouldn’t John Sessa have a better handle on the law than a “frequency healer”?*

* Please don’t sue me, Denise’s husband

All of Sessa’s qualifications are from diploma mills. 

On 8/10/2019 at 4:20 PM, janie2002 said:

How effing weird. These women are obsessed with LVP.

🤨

• Love 3
17 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Production plays up all sorts of things, which some decide to take as the gospel truth when it supports their world view. Denise and Brandi have been besties forever or they've been acquainted since January or February of 2018 when Denise switched agents. Hint. It's the latter. This past season started filming in August 2018, so Denise and Brandi have known each other for 6 or 7 months. That's not saying that they couldn't have become pretty close in a short time. They could have, but it's also equally likely that Denise wanted to pick Brandi's brain about filming.

This is just like how Kyle's dumb lie detector story was a way to cover up that production told Kyle about LVP's lie detector test. The cover story isn't for Kyle's benefit nor is it for the benefit of the rest of the cast. The lie is entirely about protecting the show from breaking the third world...third rail...fourth world...fourth wall. The lie is for us, the audience. So yeah Brandi and Denise are probably friendly. But considering they met through a professional contact and they have a professional gig (RHoBH) in common, it's pretty likely that their early conversations were "professional" even if it's not something we'd ordinarily think of as professional. Gossiping about LVP being a shady bitch wouldn't normally be work except they're being paid to play this out in front of cameras.

Exactly. Even if Denise and Brandi hit it off and became fast friends, I’m not sure why one housewife gets heat for a Brandi friendship and the one who was much closer to her got applause. 

LOL at your last sentence! 

Yeah we were also kind of led to believe LVP was closer to Yolanda, Rinna, and Dorit than she was. 

Production likes for us to believe all these women are friends and would go on trips with one another without being paid. They encourage all the women to play up the friendships. Now and then we’ll get housewives who question how close the friendships really are (like Camille and Kyle with Dorit & LVP). In general though, that’s kind of like breaking the fourth wall.  

Remember Erika got annoyed when LVP asked her about her friendship with Yolanda? I’m not sure if Erika and Yolanda were actually close, but we were supposed to believe Yolanda was Erika’s good friend. Erika later said women have never opened doors for her. Either she was pretending to have amnesia again (just kidding!), or they were never more than acquaintances who became work friends. 

• Love 5

If production's grand plan was to have Denise breathe new life into this franchise, they failed miserably.     I didn't think she added anything.   I'm also not willing to go as far as to call her "drop dead gorgeous" like the title of this thread.   She is very attractive but the Botox and fillers are starting to show.   Unfortunately, the most interesting cast member is Dorit who IMHO also holds the most despicable title.   I didn't even watch the entire reunion.  That's how awful I thought this season was.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

I'm also not willing to go as far as to call her "drop dead gorgeous" like the title of this thread.  

Drop dead gorgeous is a movie made in 1999 starring Denise and Kirsten Dunst - who are vying for a local beauty pageants that gets deadly. I think the film is hilarious.

And I agree with you re fillers or whatever she’s doing making her face look odd and not at natural.

• Love 8

I dunno, I still think she's a big-time pot head. 

On the latest episode of McDermott’s podcast, Daddy Issues, he and his co-hosts, Adam Hunter and Nicky Paris, got into a discussion with guest Denise Richards about how often they have sex with their partners.

After Richards, 48, and McDermott, 52, revealed they have sex “every day,” Hunter volunteered that he and his wife use a THC sex lubrication in the bedroom. McDermott chimed in to add that he and Spelling, 46, use a similar lube.

“Isn’t it awesome?” McDermott said to Hunter, who then explained the product to Richards: “It’s great, you just put it on, and the vagina gets tighter, and then you last longer.”

“I’m not into THC, so I don’t know if I would wanna…” the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star said, explaining that she has only tried weed twice in her life, due to her father’s strict parenting.

https://people.com/tv/dean-mcdermott-tori-spelling-use-cbd-lube-for-sex/

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Drop dead gorgeous is a movie made in 1999 starring Denise and Kirsten Dunst - who are vying for a local beauty pageants that gets deadly. I think the film is hilarious.

And I agree with you re fillers or whatever she’s doing making her face look odd and not at natural.

Yes, I was referring to the movie in the title. 🙂

However, I do really think Denise is a knockout and naturally so. If you look at pictures of her when she was young, she has always been beautiful and had the little nose, full lips, no transformation with this housewife! 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, suomi said:

I dunno, I still think she's a big-time pot head. 

https://people.com/tv/dean-mcdermott-tori-spelling-use-cbd-lube-for-sex/

Eh....So am I. But then again, I can manage to keep my eyes open and MAINTAIN! LOL  

7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yes, I was referring to the movie in the title. 🙂

However, I do really think Denise is a knockout and naturally so. If you look at pictures of her when she was young, she has always been beautiful and had the little nose, full lips, no transformation with this housewife! 

I was thinking that as well when I saw her this weekend on a Tyler Perry Film. I think she would have aged just fine. 

• Love 7
On August 12, 2019 at 10:25 PM, Stats Queen said:

Thanks for the explanation.  I didn't see the movie.   In fact, I don't remember even hearing about it but I'm sure she looked a lot better back then.   

• Love 2
On 12/11/2019 at 5:10 AM, Hiyo said:

Wasn't everyone claiming this season would be boring because there was no drama? I am confused now...

There hasn't been any actual drama on this show since Rinna broke the glass in Amsterdam. After that, it all became really overly produced "Story lines" for which production would never provide any actual closure. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the season is boring, but they at least have a new target in Denise. Rinna seems to have a really hard time with people not showing up to filming events. She went after Yolanda and VanderPump because in her mind they were getting special treatment by not having to film group events. If Denise is not filming because she has to work, I can see Rinna raising the exact same concerns she did with them, OR I could see Teddi jumping on the "they aren't doing their jobs" bandwagon that Rinna has been leading for the past few seasons.

In any case, the show stopped being interesting once a season was devoted to Erika  not wearing panties. Brandi is a last ditch effort to pump some life into a franchise that stopped being entertaining a long time ago. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

No hand-wringing here.  Denise threw in with the Get LVP Middle-Aged Mean Girl Club and now Karma has come calling. 

And I think the show will do fine without Richard's corrupt ass (once you falsely accuse an ex of molestation, as she falsely accused Charlie Sheen during their divorce trial. you're corrupt, imo - in a world in which far too many genuine survivors are disbelieved, playing that card to gain money, leverage and power is sickening. And if she ever truly believed he was molesting their kids, why the fuck does she now praise him? Hinky from every angle.) 

If (as the gossip sites are speculating) she takes Rinna down, it's the least Richards can do on the way out, since she rode hard for that pack of toxic toads.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

That’s really out there! Brandi is claiming that Denise has an “open” marriage and that she and Diane has sex!

No wonder the other women are mad at Denise! The are just jealous!

Not.

I'm considering the source. She's not a reliable narrator.

• Love 8

I think it is well within the realm of possibility. Brandi is always bringing up how she likes woman. She even offered to eat out LVP. That just shows how desperate she is to be on the show.

I mean nobody likes English food amirite or what?  

• LOL 6
17 hours ago, Hiyo said:

So they're not mad at Denise nor jealous of her.

I do believe Denise didn't film RH as much as the other cast mates. I was surprised she filmed as much on her first season.

Look at her IMDB page of what she filmed in 2018/2019/2020. Besides movies/tv movies/soap opera - I would imagine she has an obligation to do press junkets on the work that is about to air.

I could see there being tension if she is getting the same salary yet not putting in the same amount of hours. I do think it might be exaggerated drama though.

As for Brandi - I don't really believe her - it comes down to her wanting her diamond back

• Love 6

Brandi reminds me of Sonja from NY. There is a lot of footage out there non-show related where they are incredibly drunk and/or extremely high. To the point, neither can walk without assistance.

I am afraid for both - when they get that wasted they are so vulnerable to predators. It could be anything from sexual assault to letting a stranger into their home where they get robbed.

They both like to brag about past hook-ups by naming names. Both have had men they allegedly hooked up with - not remember them.

I don't believe that Brandi had any kind of "affair" with Denise. It is possible that they kissed after a night of drinking.

Am I the only one who pictures both Sonja and Brandi after picking up some random and getting horizontal - that they are snoring and laid out like a starfish?

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 12/29/2019 at 3:39 PM, film noire said:

No hand-wringing here.  Denise threw in with the Get LVP Middle-Aged Mean Girl Club and now Karma has come calling. 

And I think the show will do fine without Richard's corrupt ass (once you falsely accuse an ex of molestation, as she falsely accused Charlie Sheen during their divorce trial. you're corrupt, imo - in a world in which far too many genuine survivors are disbelieved, playing that card to gain money, leverage and power is sickening. And if she ever truly believed he was molesting their kids, why the fuck does she now praise him? Hinky from every angle.) 

If (as the gossip sites are speculating) she takes Rinna down, it's the least Richards can do on the way out, since she rode hard for that pack of toxic toads.

Yeah, I don't like her at all. She's too trashy to me and even the character she plays on B&B seems to be trashy, too (stopped watching the soap long ago but sometimes read recaps).

Get LVP Middle-Aged Mean Girl Club -- great name!

• Love 4