Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E09: Let's Split!

Message added by Whimsy

As a reminder, this is the thread to talk about this episode ONLY.  There are threads for each and every season.  Take your discussions about the other seasons there.  I've moved all the posts about season 1 to the S01 Talk thread.  

• Start Topic

I work with someone from Croatia. When I mentioned the show featured Split, he said it was beautiful but the water was very cold. I hate to be snorkeling in that without a wet suit. 

• Love 2

That was a bad move by Chris and Bret to tell Colin and Christie that they hadn't found anything in 2 hours.  They should have told them that they had found the cup and coins and were almost done.

But wow, triple bald snark, good times!

• Love 2
(edited)

Nicole and Victor again snatch defeat out of the hands of victory, even though they did come in second. This time it was Victor;s fault, with an assist to Nicole. Tyler and Korey were just ahead of them getting their boat in.  Nicole encouraged/whined to Victor that they could catch them. And they may have. One strong person rowing, in sync, is probably faster than the ad hock each with an oar style.  It should have been closer at least. The problem for Victor was that he rowed his boat backwards the whole way across as far as I could see. And damn am I impressed with how fast he actually did forge across that sucker. 

Victor and Nicole back out of the dock.

Tyler and Korey figure it out

But Victor never turns the boat around. The water friction going backwards would make it a lot harder to make headway.

For as long as the camera was on Victor happily pushed through the extra handicap.

ar1.jpg

ar4.jpg

ar2.jpg

ar3.jpg

Edited by allthatglitters
  • Love 2
On 6/21/2019 at 12:02 AM, allthatglitters said:

Tyler and Korey figure it out

But Victor never turns the boat around.

Never ceases to amaze me how many people are not familiar with rowboat (and canoe) basics. Seems it should be obvious which end of the boat goes first. Victor and Nicole needed to switch places. (I mention canoe because on this and Survivor I see people attempted to row canoes when what they need to do is paddle [more of a vertical push into the water than the horizontal that is done with rowboat oars].)

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, smartymarty said:

Never ceases to amaze me how many people are not familiar with rowboat (and canoe) basics. Seems it should be obvious which end of the boat goes first. Victor and Nicole needed to switch places. (I mention canoe because on this and Survivor I see people attempted to row canoes when what they need to do is paddle [more of a vertical push into the water than the horizontal that is done with rowboat oars].)

No kidding. Even Chris couldn't get some of the boating done right, and you'd think that someone who's used to vacationing on lakes and being in the outdoors would've known how to row a boat.

• Useful 1