Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Nice To Marry You

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Does red head and Mr. Picky look like brother and sister to anyone else? Okay, just me...I’ll move on, but it struck me since they both kind of had a unique look.

Not just you.  My daughter pointed it out right away.  Shave her head and they'd look just alike.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I can already tell that the red-haired chick (Elizabeth?) will annoy the crap out of me.  I can feel my teeth clenching automatically anytime someone tells me how funny, charismatic, and witty they are.  From what I’m seeing so far . . . no.  I see abrasive, loud, and grating.  If you were that great, you wouldn’t have to tell me.

Oughta be a fun season, folks!  (Ugh.)

*** I had to add, Iris’ mother is lovely!  Her reaction to the news was so sweet.  

She's very annoying and off-putting. I already don't care about her and Mr. Picky.

15 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Iris is already annoying me with her insistence that the dress be as white as possible. 

I wonder if she'll hold her virginity against her husband and never sleep with him because she won't be able to brag on her purity any longer. It's almost like a fetish with her. I'm over it.

14 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Please tell me that I did not just hear Elizabeth’s father say, “Let’s hope he doesn’t have a small penis.”  Wow, is that a creepy thing to say to your daughter.  

Their relationship is creepy. Very strange thing to say. I wonder how the other sisters and brother feel about them - or if they are as loud and obnoxious as she is.

Overall I have hope for all the couples except Elizabeth and Mr. Picky. 

• Love 13

So far I have good feelings about all the couples except for Elizabeth and Jamie. She seems really annoying and her relationship with her father is weird.

my eyes start rolling so hard when the bride and groom moan about ‘I’m marrying a stranger’ and ‘I don’t know if I can do this, this is crazy’. Maybe it’s scripted or edited but come on, this show has been on for a long time now, you should know how it works and what you’re getting yourself into. 

• Love 11

The show set Elizabeth up for failure by putting her with Jamie. We already know how this will go. His pickiness will be a big part of the problem but the blame will be put on her because she has a loud personality. I have a feeling where Elizabeth is going to get a bit of the AJ treatment in the editing, I can already see it happening. 

• Love 7

Wow - that was a slog! I felt like a zombie after three hours of that nonsense!

My initial thoughts:

If Sam Role and AJ had a baby it would be Elizabeth. God. She is horrible. She reminds me a little of Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka: "IIIII want an arranged marriage, Daddy!!!!" Daddy: "Whatever my Elizabeth wants she gets." For the love of God, why couldn't they have matched Matlin the professional organizer with Jamie "Mr. Picky"?!? Doesn't that seem like a better match? Also, uptight>crazy!

Iris is absolutely the most gorgeous person cast on this show. When Pastor Cal always cautions that you're not going to get Beyonce or Bradley Cooper, he was wrong in this case! Those two are hotttttt!!!!!! I hope we don't have to hear about her virginity all season. I don't need Sheila "never had an orgasm" part 2. Also, super mean for Elizabeth to call her a fossil just because she hasn't had sex........

I think Amber and Matt look strange next to each other, but they seem to have instant connection, so fingers crossed there. I don't have a problem with him not inviting his parents. If they can't get along, how would he choose who to invite? Maybe it just seemed easier this way to avoid it altogether. Also, he's been traveling in Europe, so maybe he just isn't that close to them? I'm sure we'll hear an explanation when Amber asks where his family is.....

Deonna and Greg are my wildcard - I have no idea which way this will go. I will say, every super religious couple on this show has imploded terribly, so that isn't a good precedent. I think he was correct to be concerned she hasn't dated in 10 years - when you're only 30, that means you've never had an adult relationship! Plus, she seemed annoyed when he questioned it. Hmmmm............

Looking forward to discussing this hot mess! I follow lots of shows on this website, but this forum is hands down my favorite! ❤️

• LOL 4
  • Love 20
11 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

The show set Elizabeth up for failure by putting her with Jamie. We already know how this will go. His pickiness will be a big part of the problem but the blame will be put on her because she has a loud personality. I have a feeling where Elizabeth is going to get a bit of the AJ treatment in the editing, I can already see it happening. 

I can see this happening too. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

It’s very clear that Elizabeth has been built up by her parents her entire life.  She has quite the high opinion of herself.  *annoyance level mounting*

I noticed that Liz’s mom seemed to watch from the sidelines in bemused resignation.

15 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Amber was a little hyper but so far she and Matt seem like they like each other. She's clearly very attracted to him. They'll have sex first, I'm sure.

Um-hmm. At the reception even. 

7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Makes me happy Puke wasn't there/invited....

No Luke

• Love 10
(edited)
16 hours ago, 2727 said:

<snip>

Am curious to find out what's up with Matt being estranged from his parents because of their divorce. Is he six and having a tantrum?

<snip>

Not necessarily. In the many advice columns I've read over several decades, I've seen multiple letters submitted by  adult children of divorce in which the parents put their son or daughter in the middle when they split. Every time they're with their mother, mom unloads on them everything bad about their father, and vice-versa when they spend time with their dad. Each parent tries to get their child to pick sides.

Often the son/daughter attempts to set boundaries ("Look, you're my mom and I love you. And I love dad, too. I can't continue to spend time with you if every time we're together, all you do is rant about what a horrible person he is. Hearing you say those things about him hurts me").

If the parents refuse to respect those boundaries, what else can the adult child do, except stop spending time with either parent?

5 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I think they said she's 5'2".  That's an insane height difference.

<snip>

I'm short-statured, and that was the height difference between my husband and myself.

We made it work. It wasn't all that difficult. 😉

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Not necessarily. In the many advice columns I've read over several decades, I've seen multiple letters submitted by  adult children of divorce in which the parents put their son or daughter in the middle when they split. Every time they're with their mother, mom unloads on them everything bad about their father, and vice-versa when they spend time with their dad. Each parent tries to get their child to pick sides.

Often the son/daughter attempts to set boundaries ("Look, you're my mom and I love you. And I love dad, too. I can't continue to spend time with you if every time we're together, all you do is rant about what a horrible person he is. Hearing you say those things about him hurts me").

If the parents refuse to respect those boundaries, what else can the adult child do, except stop spending time with either parent?

This is kind of what I'm assuming is going on.  

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Meowwww said:

So I have a question. Where do they find all these parents who are happy and accepting?  My mother would have been SO not ok with this....same with my in-laws (we talked about this with them the other day). 

These people have been going through the process of interviewing for a few months so it is not just like, Mom Lets go to lunch and you tell her out of the blue you are getting married. The parents have known their child is thinking of doing this. I think it shows that Iris has thought this through and her mom believes her daughter makes good choices for herself since her mom was not only accepting but excited for her daughter. 

I would also think that if a person before they were picked told the experts thier parents were so against it that they would never attend, it might get them excluded. The show wants families at the wedding. Besides Matt, and Courtney and Jason , have we had entire family no shows?

I was a bit surprised the grandparents were the most against the concept, I wonder if it was the TV part more then matchmaking. I would think the older you are the more likely you are to know someone that was married via matchmaking. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Iris is already annoying me with her insistence that the dress be as white as possible. 

I have no problem if she wants to remain a virgin, but I do have a problem with making it the defining facet of herself such that it needs to be advertised so prominently to her future husband.

16 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Haven't finished watching yet and up to the 1st wedding but so far I like all the couples except Elizabeth. Not sure about her match yet but she seriously bugs. 

She definitely gave me a Sam (from Sam and Neil's season) vibe the minute I saw her and heard her open her mouth.  Elizabeth resembles Sam in the face to me, and the (in her own mind) 'charming quirkiness', and outspokenness even when too much or inappropriate, is just like Sam.

17 hours ago, meligator said:

He can't be Elizabeth's best friend because I am - side eye for that dad.  

Yeah, problematic on so many levels...

• Love 16

Oh goodness. These experts continue to get it wrong, and there are so many red flags.

Amber said her last relationship ended eight months ago so that means when she started the interview process she was fresh out of a relationship and jumped into the marriage. I hope Matt can heal the rift with his siblings at least. I can understand the estrangement from the parents. He probably just needs time to grieve the loss of that model. It was probably a blow when someone he looked up to split and weren’t able to work through it. Maybe there are other issues going on, too.

Deonna hasn’t dated for her adult life so what happened with her high school sweetheart that soured her on dating or entering a relationship with anyone all through  university and graduate school? She seems sweet, but I fear she’s just checking marriage off her to-do list. She’s like I own my home. I have two degrees. I’m ready to be a wife. What? What relationship skills do you have? How do you handle conflict? How are you going to deal with cohabitation? How do you figure you were preparing for marriage when it sounds like you haven’t been in a single adult relationship? Greg seems cool. He had a right to be concerned.

I adore Iris, but I hope the season doesn’t hammer on about her virginity. There’s more to her than that, and it’s not a personality trait. I like Keith, and he seems to have two long lasting relationship examples. His father reminds me of Geoffrey Owens aka Elvin from The Cosby Show. I’m rooting for Iris and Keith.

Elizabeth looks a solid 10-15 years older. She’s the same age as Deonna. She’s already grating on my nerves. Her husband had an endless list of things. I’m sure it will be s shit show between those two when all is said and done.

• Love 12
(edited)

Why do so many who choose to write their own vows not know the definition of the word "vow"?

vow (noun): a solemn promise or assertion

It drives me crazy when I hear couples ostensibly saying "vows" (not just on MAFS, but on every wedding-related program), but instead reel off a list of what they like about their partner, and/or their "vision" for their marriage.

Greg and Deonna

Greg:

"Today, and by the grace and love of God, and with our family and close friends as witnesses, I promise to choose you every day. To love you in word and deed, to laugh with you, cry with you, grow with you, and create with you. Thank you for the opportunity to show the world how true love can be cultivated from something like this and how finding love is worth any risk. Thank you for being worth the wait."

There were promises in there! Vows!

Deonna:

"Today we stand here meeting as strangers making the biggest decision of our lives. To become one before God, our family, and friends. I've waited for this moment for some time, and never could have imagined this could be it. I look forward to our future and becoming each other's best friends, sharing new adventures, and growing in love".

No promises Those weren't vows. 

Matt and Amber

Matt:

"This may be a little scary, and you may be nervous, but I want you to know we're in this together. I promise I will be respectful, patient, and kind while we learn and grow together. Throughout my years playing basketball, I've been in many tough games and hard-fought battles. Through those experiences I learned that communication and teamwork are the most important factors to achieving victory." (Amber interrupted Matt at that point, asking their officiant "Can we kiss the bride yet?" and then launched into her own vows to Matt. I think Matt had more to say).

But...there were promises in there! Vows!

Amber:

"I promise to always make breakfast with you on weekends. I promise to make you laugh every day. Even though my family's crazy, they're going to accept you with open arms, and just like you said, it's teamwork, so here's to forever."

Yes, Amber made "promises". But they're weak. They're promises you could make to a potential roommate. Neither requires any effort on her part, so IMO, even though she used the word "promise," they don't really qualify as vows in my book. It sounded like she was giving a toast!

Do you think couples do this because they truly don't know what the word "vow" means? Or something else?

Let's see what the other two couples do next week...

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Useful 4
  • Love 13

Jamie and Redhead: Problem #1 is going to be her looks. I'm not saying she's unattractive but I don't think she's going to be his type at all. I see Mr. Picky with a barbie type. Problem #2 will be when she opens her big, loud, look at me I'm so funny mouth. It will be all shirote after that. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Like many of you, I am so not liking Elizabeth. I think a little of Amber goes a long way, too. I thought Iris was exquisite in her gown and she is just gorgeous. I hope that works for them. And Deonna (or the show) really needs to stop her repeating that she dated herself for 10 years. It is creepy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Wow - that was a slog! I felt like a zombie after three hours of that nonsense!

My initial thoughts:

If Sam Role and AJ had a baby it would be Elizabeth. God. She is horrible. She reminds me a little of Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka: "IIIII want an arranged marriage, Daddy!!!!" Daddy: "Whatever my Elizabeth wants she gets." For the love of God, why couldn't they have matched Matlin the professional organizer with Jamie "Mr. Picky"?!? Doesn't that seem like a better match? Also, uptight>crazy!

Iris is absolutely the most gorgeous person cast on this show. When Pastor Cal always cautions that you're not going to get Beyonce or Bradley Cooper, he was wrong in this case! Those two are hotttttt!!!!!! I hope we don't have to hear about her virginity all season. I don't need Sheila "never had an orgasm" part 2. Also, super mean for Elizabeth to call her a fossil just because she hasn't had sex........

I think Amber and Matt look strange next to each other, but they seem to have instant connection, so fingers crossed there. I don't have a problem with him not inviting his parents. If they can't get along, how would he choose who to invite? Maybe it just seemed easier this way to avoid it altogether. Also, he's been traveling in Europe, so maybe he just isn't that close to them? I'm sure we'll hear an explanation when Amber asks where his family is.....

Deonna and Greg are my wildcard - I have no idea which way this will go. I will say, every super religious couple on this show has imploded terribly, so that isn't a good precedent. I think he was correct to be concerned she hasn't dated in 10 years - when you're only 30, that means you've never had an adult relationship! Plus, she seemed annoyed when he questioned it. Hmmmm............

Looking forward to discussing this hot mess! I follow lots of shows on this website, but this forum is hands down my favorite! ❤️

You said almost everything I said word for word last night!

I really hope we don't spend the entire season listening to Iris talking about her virginity like we did Shelia talking about her "chocolate". Ugh. Dreadful. However, Iris' mom... delightful. She was a breath of fresh air. 

I really like everyone except Elizabeth. She is annoying and needs a stylist or a friend (besides daddy) to tell her she is wearing her clothes wrong. That dress was not a good choice. If you want the girls to be the first thing he sees, make sure they are standing at attention, not hanging down at your knees amongst the tulle and beading. 

I'm wondering if Matt's parents divorce is so fresh and new that they don't get along well enough to be in a room together. I am sure after 30 years of marriage there were a lot of hurt feelings. I wouldn't want that family mess (if there was one) in front of the TV cameras. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Elizabeth's dress looked like it was supposed to have straps but they were wrongfully removed.  Iris made an interesting dress choice for a virgin - very white with peek-a-boob window.  I think she looks older than 27, & Keith looks young for his age.  Loved Deonna's dress until she turned around; she really didn't have the back for it.

Overall pretty boring so far.  Deliberately turned away during the sex bachelorette party; didn't actually look up much at all until the weddings.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4

The way Jamie was ogling the dealer's girls at the bachelor party, he may find something about Elizabeth that he likes. I didn't think Stephanie would be able to tolerate AJ last season and they are still together and happy, so maybe these two will work out.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Ohwell said:

There was a guy in Matt's group of friends that was kinda hot.  The only way I can describe him is that he had some grey in his hair.  

Is this the guy? I don't see a wedding ring!

grey.png

• Love 8

No way on earth or anywhere else fathomable that the red head is "30"! No friggin way!! That whole "daddy's checkbook" birthday party was so staged on their part. It was pathetic. She is not attractive inside or out. This relationship is doomed, friends. 

Matt and high school teacher are so awkward height wise it is bizarre watching them walk together.  Hr couldn't even grab her under the arm or hold her hand down the aisle. But they seem sweet and I hope the best. 

Keith and virgin, I agree , are attractive people. He seems kind of INTO sexy time as he appeared to speak to that at the guys' meeting so we'll see how goes but she may get uncomfortable at an early point. 

The religious couple with the "10 year dating gap" is whatever. I had many "relationships" and they all lasted 6 months here, 5 months there. So who's to say what a relationship is and who cares? I learned more through marriage to my sweetie than I did from spending meaningless time with idiots. Also beware the self proclaimed "Godly" folks as they're the first to sour on this show. Yes I'm sure you sit around reading the Bible DAILY-🙄

• Love 4

I agree that Elizabeth is annoying. I also would appreciate it if she would dress in a more complimentary color palette. I suggest she use Bryce Dallas Howard as inspiration for her future hair, makeup and clothing color decisions. 

• Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Why would they match “Mr. Picky” with anyone at all? Hoping for failure? 

FWIW, the professional organizer (Matlin?) who wasn't chosen posted on Reddit that she watched the show and thought Jamie was very attractive. If anything, a work-focused perfectionist seems like a better match for him than rowdy Elizabeth.

Edit: She also said she'd seen her potential match, Raven, around town since they frequent the same bars. Reading into her silence on the matter, she didn't seem to want to seek him out now, either.

Edited by 2727
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Oh goodness. These experts continue to get it wrong, and there are so many red flags.

I don't know about this.  There are no perfect people.  Everybody has baggage.  IMO it's all a crapshoot anyway.  Will these marriages succeed or fail?  Who knows?  Like I said humans aren't computers.  What does it mean when Deonna said she hasn't been in a relationship in 10 years?  It depends on what someone means when they say "relationship."  

2 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

It drives me crazy when I hear couples ostensibly saying "vows" (not just on MAFS, but on every wedding-related program), but instead reel off a list of what they like about their partner, and/or their "vision" for their marriage.

I don't get this.  I watch this show for the relationships and to see who does or doesn't make it.    I don't really listen to the vows, terrible, I know.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Hunch that neither Red from a bottle nor Mr. Nit Picky will find each other attractive....

I am starting to believe that Red Head and Iris the Virgin are paid actors - they are both WAY over the top to be taken seriously. Mr Picky will NOT find Red Head attractive- she's not classy, looks 45, no taste in clothing. And she likes "gorgeous" men, she will not like the whole "I shave my head because of premature balding" shtick hes got going on. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

At least Redhead gets on my nerves in a way that I can enjoy hate watching her. Iris gets on my nerves because she thinks she’s better than everyone else because she’s a virgin. She wants her white dress to be soooooo white that her husband-to-be will say, “Wow that dress is so much whiter than all other wedding dresses so she must be a virgin and that makes her better than all other brides because JESUS.” And if he doesn’t think that immediately, she’ll be sure to tell him about the symbolism and how wonderful she is for waiting all these years to grace his penis with her pure, lily white, sparkly, platinum vagina. She may have a pretty face but this one thinks she’s superior and I can’t abide that attitude. I doubt husband will like it either. I would like just one virgin on these shows who does not brag about it and only tells those who need to know. Like her husband. In private. 

• Love 14
14 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Holy Moly! Amber looks to be on the short side. Slow dancing is going to be difficult. I did not see the 1st epi so why is Amber's mom estranged from the family? And were those all her siblings around the dinner table?

I would think sex would be difficult too...just saying!

(edited)

Amber's mom brought a scowling plus one....seen sitting next to her in the front row...

Thinking sex will be pretty okay since Amber and Matt are both physically fit....but that's half the fun of new love...finding out what works well and what works really, really, really well...wink , wink, nudge, nudge...

Amber's obvious attraction to Matt at the reception looked like it was getting steamy....

Amber is lucky school is out for the summer and she doesn't have to face classrooms of 8th graders the morning after the episodes air....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)

Why didn’t Greg get that tiny tuft of chin hair shaved off at the barbershop? It’s all I could see when looking at him. I don’t get the ten year gap relationship wise for Deonna. Does that mean no dating at all, or no relationships? I don’t know how I feel about that  

The less said about the red head and the bald head the better. She seems to enjoy being purposefully annoying. I’m so interesting and funny! Hee hee hee, yea for me! His list of wants was exhaustive and his leering at the booblicious card dealer was gross. I can’t imagine they’ll be into each other but I can imagine them trying to play for the cameras. The dad/daughter codependency of creepy closeness is concerning. I don’t know if that or dad’s comment regarding the size of his future’s SIL’s penis is more concerning. Both are just skeevy. 

Matt seems sweet yet a bit sad from his parents drama. Did they ever say if he has a job other than former basketball player? Amber seems very enthusiastic and into him but I wonder about her last relationship being so recent. Let me echo the poster that said it was kind of her to allow her mom to be involved after having left her and her sister as young children. I hope, if they stand a chance, her family hugs him up into their Sunday dinners and gives him some love, because I like him  (at the moment). 

I’m waiting to hear more about Iris than “Virgin!” I hope that’s not all we get to know about her. I wonder if Keith will be freaked out by that. While they may make lovely babies I don’t like imagining the mix of Elizabeth and Jamie thrust upon a poor child.  

Let me add my vote to Matt’s grey fox friend being a hottie. Thanks for including him big guy! 

Edited by ramble
I can’t keep the names straight yet.
  • Love 6
(edited)

Hard to predict Jamie's  initial reaction to Elizabeth, will he think she is sexy or too faux?

As soon as she opens her mouth and starts talking...that's all she wrote...Jamie will become Dave..barely tolerating his bride unless it is between the sheets... 

Jamie will have to deal with all that involves Elizabeth's hair and upkeep as Dave dealt with Amber's hair and buckets of makeup and serums....

For Elizabeth's sake I hope Jamie finds her irresistible...

Edited by humbleopinion
(edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 12:34 AM, humbleopinion said:

Elizabeth and Jamie(does the show have room for another Jamie?) give me Dave and Amber vibes....but without large amounts of wine to take the edge off the tension.

They do look like brother and sister to me. Ewwwwwwww....................

When I squint hard enough the two of them remind me of Kathy Griffin and a balding Jerry Seinfeld.  And wouldn't THAT be a match made in hell, lol?

Edited by Yeah No
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 6/12/2019 at 10:21 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Please tell me that I did not just hear Elizabeth’s father say, “Let’s hope he doesn’t have a small penis.”  Wow, is that a creepy thing to say to your daughter.  

If my father ever said the word "penis" to me in ANY context, let alone THAT one, I think I'd pass out.  If he even said the word in the same ROOM with me, I'd pass out.  Yikes, boundary issues galore here.  Pepper called her a "princess", but I think it's even worse than THAT....just YUCK.

21 hours ago, Lily247 said:

From what I know, basketball players tend to be the serious, stoic, strong silent type. I once dated a basketball player who also played overseas and he was a nice guy, just put his entire energy into his diet and workout (he was 6'6", lean and muscular). He was also shy with women. His basketball buddies were all similar - get togethers with his friends was kind of quiet because they were all quiet types. I get those vibes from Matt as well. I think he will be easy to win over as Amber appears to really be into him. 

Yeah, she's going to be quite infatuated with him because of the basketball thing, but I wonder how she'll feel when that wears off in time.  I don't know why but the personality vibes each of them send out don't add up to a match to me.  Other than the outward stuff they might find appealing about each other I sense other things that they might clash on coming in the future.  And I'm not even talking about the height difference, although I'm 5'2" and I would NOT want a husband that much taller than me, thankyouverymuch.  The fact that he is estranged from his family and she said before she met him that she hoped he had a nice accepting family doesn't bode well either.  We'll see how far her infatuation can stretch!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

On a side note...am liking how they have revamped the show....

No extended footage of Pepper pawing the girls' panties and boys' tighty whiteys  drawers...instead a quick PIP montage...

Skipped the ring buying which was always a snooze with the jewelry store clerk feigning shock they know NOTHING about their fiance other than their ring size.....

Missed the bride/groom gift exchange right before the ceremony...that was always telling about the gift giver.

Last season's bachelor and bachelorette parties were so skimpy...they had no choice but to throw more money at them this season...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

I adore Iris, but I hope the season doesn’t hammer on about her virginity. There’s more to her than that, and it’s not a personality trait. I like Keith, and he seems to have two long lasting relationship examples. His father reminds me of Geoffrey Owens aka Elvin from The Cosby Show. I’m rooting for Iris and Keith.

I don't know why but she reminds me of a very young 80s Whitney Houston, down to the way she puts her hair up.  She is strikingly attractive.  I hope the virginity thing doesn't become another "never had an orgasm' thing like they made a huge deal about with Sheila in season 5.

• Love 10
(edited)

Am calling it here first...

Elizabeth will be running to Daddy at the reception telling him that Jamie doesn't love her unconditionally, doesn't think she is the moon and the stars and that her farts smell....no one will ever love her like Daddy does...

Elizabeth's mother will immediately love Jamie more than she loves her youngest child....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 11
(edited)

What if Keith doesn't think Iris' virginity is such a big fuckin' deal as she does?

That will be awkward....

What if Iris doesn't think Keith is "the one" to yield, concede, surrender, hand over, lose, trust her virginity to...what is the correct terminology?

Cut to The Fifty Shades of Grey when Christian Grey rectifies Anastasia's "situation"....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

If my father ever said the word "penis" to me in ANY context, let alone THAT one, I think I'd pass out.  If he even said the word in the same ROOM with me, I'd pass out.  Yikes, boundary issues galore here.  Pepper called her a "princess", but I think it's even worse than THAT....just YUCK.

Thank you.  I don't think you could pay my father to discuss genitals of any kind with me, much less on a reality show before the entire world (or this bunch of us who have nothing better to do on a Tuesday night, haha).  These people are nuts. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
WEDNESDAY night, that is.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9