Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E00: Match Me If You Can

• Start Topic

(edited)

Charlotte's singles are getting the opportunity to be chosen for MAFS with Dr Viviana Coles brought to replace she who shall not be mentioned.

The matchmaking process is no easier this season...excuses already?

Edited by humbleopinion

I'm thinking that Redhead and the Bald Guy are more likely to be this season's Luke and Kate (though I'm not sure which of them is the gaslighting douchebag) than they are to be this season's Kate and AJ.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I already have a bit of love going on for Iris.   She’s too cute.  

Already have a bit of “ugh” going on for the redhead.  Her dad and she both say she’s wired at 100mph.  I see a lot of insecurity in her and the 100mph is a charade.  And poor her:  I see tears and fit-pitching in her future, as she’s all about having her way.  Bald guy just doesn’t strike me as a moveable mountain.  Neither of them seem ready for commitment.

and as we all know, this is a legally binding agreement.  Sometimes I think if I hear Pastor Cal say that one more time, I’m going to be sick. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

So Cal was elected to bring up valid reservations while the others shot him down- but finally, everyone agrees & he's no longer concerned.

Hope none these matches are as bad as Pepper's shirt choice during the matching process, or it's gonna be another loooong season.

• Love 2
(edited)

OMG, could they have found anything worse than Elizabeth??? Such a fake person, a performer, fake tears, fake emotions, fake fake fake. Poor Jamie, hell hath no fury just a world with an Elizabeth in it. I'm calling this "couple" a train wreck after the initial matchmaker session. This was the "necessary" match the "experts (HAHA) HAD to make for ratings, obviously, as she is completely over the top and not genuine at all. It just seems sad that with all the women to choose from, they had to pick her...

Matt and Amber make a cute couple. At first glance, they seem like a good fit for each other. Anxious to see how this one pans out.

Deonna and Greg also seem to be a good match. I'm not religious at all, but they are very religious so I'm guessing this will help them through the process.

Keith and Iris - I don't have a read on this couple yet.

Edited by Auntie
  • Love 2

Iris being a virgin is obviously going to be presented as an anomaly and something to be exploited as was the case with Colton on The Bachelor.  Maybe they can get her to hop a fence.  I will admit I'm old enough to remember when virgin brides were the norm in polite society.  It irks me that "Pastor" Cal thought it might be a problem to her husband.

• Love 1

So, when one of the candidates states that she hopes her husband doesn't find her annoying and the "expert" asks if people have found her annoying and she says yes, that's not enough of a red flag?  Alrighty then.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Auntie said:

Deonna and Greg also seem to be a good match. I'm not religious at all, but they are very religious so I'm guessing this will help them through the process.

I hope so. I do get tired of Pastor Cal and the producers thinking that what makes an African-American couple a good match is if 1) they're religious 2) or they both love their families. But there is wayyy more to a successful relationship than that. Who are they as people? Do they enjoy the same things, and does it seem like their personalities will mesh? 

Except, I don't want another Jepthe and Shawniece situation where one member of the couple is charged with "bringing out" or fixing something wrong with their partner. That's not fair to either of them. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm just watching this now and yikes. Some of the women seem just over the top fake. The guy who said he's a "cuddler" said it like he read "What to say that'll make you look good," guide. The guy who said he's been told he's a pleaser looks like someone with not a lot of experience.

These experts need to get over themselves, "This is just so much pressure." Please. It's an entertainment show on television. Chill the eff out.

It just started so I'll edit if there's anything to add. I wish I could turn it off and walk away but I just can't.

Edited to add: Glad to see a tomboy on the show. I can relate to her as a person who is sporty and does not and never has worn make up. I hope whoever she is matched with is not disappointed that she is a plain Jane type rather than arm candy to show off for his buddies.

Raven, the IT guy that was working out with the ropes should have been on last season and matched with Stephanie.

There is one woman with a seriously shiny face! Needs powder or something.

I don't find any of the men attractive. But then again, I didn't think any of the men in the previous season were attractive either. 

I just met Elizabeth and can't stand her.

Edited by configdotsys

So they went out of their way to show us not only the substantial amount of debate about the couple who didn’t quite make it (Raven and Matlin?), but also the fact that  Amber and Raven are longtime friends.  Does this mean that somehow Raven will somehow end up as Chekhov’s...reality famewhore?

• LOL 1

So why did Keith's mom think it was her place to tell him that Iris is a virgin??? Red Flag on the interfering mother!!!!!

OMG, Elizabeth continues to be THE MOST ANNOYING person on the face of this earth. Second place goes to her dad. Geesh.... And her wedding vows...."IF I ever lie to you, it will be in your arms...." did anybody else throw up when she said that?

I'm changing my mind on Amber and Matt. Well, Amber at least. She acts like a 13 year old in heat.

Greg and Deonna - not sure about these two anymore, either. 

The trailers after last night's show were made to look as though all the couples hit the skids pretty quickly.

• Love 2