Type keyword(s) to search

First Responders Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Hosted by Emmy Award-winning television journalist Josh Elliott, the series provides a raw, in-depth look at the brave American heroes, including firefighters, police officers, EMS technicians and first responders, who put their own lives on the line as they race into danger to save others. Each week, the show embeds cameras in multiple cities across the country, to document a night in the life of these units. Elliott provides live analysis and commentary, with help from a team of experts, as the show follows first-person accounts of the action.

Discuss First Responders Live here.  I am not sure if I'll actually like watching this as my husband is a Fire Captain and a first responder.  It may freak me out a little too much lol. 

(edited)

Yeah, I hear you. My son is a Fire Battalion Chief and daughter is a Police Captain. Both first responders. Sometimes it is just a little too close to home.

Didn't watch first episode, was in hospital for surgery. Will check it out online.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I missed the first episode because I didn't keep up with what date it would premiere on. I don't watch anything on FOX so I didn't see multiple promos as a reminder either. 

With so few comments here it seems like a lot of people didn't know it was on or just didn't tune in. When I saw there was a thread for the show already I thought there might be some Live PD/Live Rescue viewers in here doing comparisons.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1
On 6/16/2019 at 1:11 AM, Jaded said:

I missed the first episode because I didn't keep up with what date it would premiere on. I don't watch anything on FOX so I didn't see multiple promos as a reminder either. 

With so few comments here it seems like a lot of people didn't know it was on or just didn't tune in. When I saw there was a thread for the show already I thought there might be some Live PD/Live Rescue viewers in here doing comparisons.

I hope it picks up a little.  I will admit, this is my first "live" type show for me.  I picked this one because of the first responder angle, which, as I mentioned, my husband is.  I don't have as close of a connection to the cops.  I found it a bit chaotic.  Maybe once I get used to the format it'll be better.  Is this the same as the other "Live" shows? 

On 6/16/2019 at 1:11 AM, Jaded said:

I watch both and this seemed like they totally copied the Live PD/Live Rescue model. It was a little slow and over-explanatory (I also have firefighter/paramedics in my family). 

And on a side note. . . I leave on the close captioning for this show and it came up as "cameras embedded with AROMATICS, firefighters, and police (instead of paramedics). I got a good laugh out of that since I live in Florida where being outside in the summer guarantees that you will be "aromatic". 

• LOL 1