Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, chessiegal said:

So question. I know Discovery+ is carrying House Hunters - Comedians on the Couch, which has been on the cable channel. So on the comedian version, are they new HH shows with comedian commentary or old HH with commentary added? I still say the lack of new HH is because of the pandemic. Especially since we had at least 2 episodes that were edited, one from Hawaii Life and one from Island Life.

Valid question...I know at the out set of the pandemic I read that alot of shows on ID Discovery had an ample supply of new shows waiting in the wings and they would bringing these into the line up. They also had more new episodes of older shows that had been stockpiled. Not sure about HH in this regard. But the way things are going, if they do have new shows I'm sure they will be bringing them over to Discovery+.

• Love 1

I definitely could be wrong but I just don’t see Discovery+ being a viable business model. It just doesn’t have must see programs for enough people. For the same price more or less, you can get Disney, Apple and the tried and true like Netflix, HBO Max plus a lot of their target market gets Amazon because they have Amazon Prime. All of these have shows which I would watch before anything on Discovery. If I watch 24/7, I couldn’t watch everything high quality that was available 

Even Hulu has must see stuff like Hand Maiden or Mrs, America and it also provides a relatively inexpensive vehicle for thise who want to eliminate cable.

I like HH and do watch some true crime but nothing on Discovery is compelling enough so that I care whether I view it. 

Edited by amarante
  • Love 5

The HH reruns on OWN today seem to have a theme (they always seem to have a theme), of two house hunters that should buy separate houses, because they don't agree on anything, or even like each other. 

The first group of Comedians on the Couch HH, which I thoroughly enjoyed, they said what we're all thinking.   The episodes were at least a year old, with commentary added. 

Then there is the bizarre episode of Danielle, who decided that husband Calvin, the kids, and their entire lives needed to be in California, so she could get a two-story house that says 'they've arrived'.   She wants a grand foyer, and a Power Room, (normal people call it a home office) with a faux alligator desk, the word "Power" on the wall, and a custom sofa in black and gold.     She wants a mid-century modern in Temecula, where they don't have any MCM homes.  Then, she sees a home that's grand enough, but the neighborhood of properties with at least a couple of acres, allows horses, chickens, etc., and she worries about her high heels and cow patties.   In their budget, even in Murietta, it won't buy grand, or power rooms up to her royal snottiness' standards.    She also wants a master or primary bedroom that is like her own apartment, guess Calvin and the four kids will be banished.   Their budget says it all, he wants to spend $475,000, and she wants to go to $800,000.     Fortunately, they chose the house that needs the most work, but will be fancy enough for the wife after.   I'm so glad they didn't choose house #1 in a livestock friendly neighborhood, because you know she would have been complaining endlessly about noise, and flies, and smells.  

This one is followed by the woman who has four kids, and her mom is moving in too, and Mom has to have a giant closet, and almost her own apartment.  So for seven people, they're going to want a huge house, and will be going for fancy looking over well constructed.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

Comcast offers NBC's Peacock streaming service for free. I watched a few programs on it, but with all the buffering and screen freezing it was difficult to watch and enjoy. WE also had the HULU streaming service for a couple months last year to watch college football on the ACC network, which Comcast doesn't broadcast. Again, there was a lot of buffering and freezing mid-show on HULU, both on the Samsung smart TVs and iPad. Because of those experiences I would hesitate to sign up for a streaming service for which I have to pay, I wonder if those of y'all are finding those problems with Discovery+. Any thoughts? 

1 minute ago, CruiseDiva said:

Comcast offers NBC's Peacock streaming service for free. I watched a few programs on it, but with all the buffering and screen freezing it was difficult to watch and enjoy. WE also had the HULU streaming service for a couple months last year to watch college football on the ACC network, which Comcast doesn't broadcast. Again, there was a lot of buffering and freezing mid-show on HULU, both on the Samsung smart TVs and iPad. Because of those experiences I would hesitate to sign up for a streaming service for which I have to pay, I wonder if those of y'all are finding those problems with Discovery+. Any thoughts? 

I'm thinking the buffering and freezing has a lot to do with your wifi rather than the service itself.  I've watched Discovery Plus a couple of times and have had no problem, the same with Netflix and Hulu.  I have Spectrum.

3 minutes ago, CruiseDiva said:

I stream a lot of television and I don't have these kinds of issues. The problem is with your internet connection and not with the services as the actual streaming occurs through your Wifi connection and your problems have to do with the speed of your connection.

FWIW, I have Apple Television as well as a regular smart television so I can theoretically stream most services through my television or through the Apple TV device and the clarity of the picture is much better when I watch through Apple Television (not to be confused with Apple TV which is their streaming service for content.

Edited by amarante
On 2/3/2021 at 9:02 PM, Dehumidifier said:

Being in Bergen County it does have Sunday blue laws, so the stores are closed.

Admittedly House Hunters is far from really trashy TV, but I always feel a little vindicated when I learn something in discussions about the stupid shows I watch.  I had no idea there were still places with blue laws.  It takes me back to shopping in grocery stores where they had plastic covering sections of the shelves on Sundays. 

On 2/5/2021 at 10:59 PM, LittleIggy said:

I agree with you 100%. Why would I subscribe to Discovery+ when I already have the cable channels under the Discovery aegis? 😡

They're moving some of the TV programming over there (like Dr. Pimple Popper), and adding some programming that has never been on cable.  And there's the enticement of 55,000 reruns available. 

On 2/6/2021 at 12:50 PM, amarante said:

I like HH and do watch some true crime but nothing on Discovery is compelling enough so that I care whether I view it.

I enjoyed Amy Schumer Learns to Cook and the comedians version of House Hunters, both of of which will be only on Discovery+, but I'll survive without them.  I'm old school, and like having shit just show up on my TV.  Research shows that having more choices doesn't make people happier.  I'm definitely in that camp.

• Love 6
On 2/6/2021 at 4:48 PM, amarante said:

FWIW, I have Apple Television as well as a regular smart television so I can theoretically stream most services through my television or through the Apple TV device and the clarity of the picture is much better when I watch through Apple Television (not to be confused with Apple TV which is their streaming service for content.

I am too old for all this sh!t.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 2/6/2021 at 4:48 PM, amarante said:

I stream a lot of television and I don't have these kinds of issues. The problem is with your internet connection and not with the services as the actual streaming occurs through your Wifi connection and your problems have to do with the speed of your connection.

Glad to hear you don't have a problem with streaming shows on TV. However, I'm sure I'm not the only one who does encounter streaming trouble. I know a couple of friends also have similar problems and they aren't on Comcast--they are WOW and Direct TV customers. I've even had shows cut out when streaming on my computer, which is hard wired via cable and not dependent on WiFi.

• Love 1
On 2/4/2021 at 5:53 PM, chocolatine said:

The Atlanta episode had an "in memory of Selena" dedication at the end. Does anyone know anything about that? The HHs said in the beginning that their four-year-old grandson lives with them because their daughter (his mother) is in the military. I hope it's not the daughter who passed away, though of course it's sad either way.

No it was their 10 month old granddaughter - daughter's daughter that passed away in a car accident.  My heart is broken. https://11alive.com/embeds/video/85-feddcd9d-5931-4b35-a6d5-60746d5ba201/iframe?jwsource=cl

I agree that I will NOT get Discovery +, and probably won't even do the free trial through Verizon since I don't want to NOT be able to cancel. (You know how sometimes these services get you and it is virtually impossible to cancel?)

How about Paramount + which was hyped during the Super Bowl?  Absolutely no way. Is that in addition to CBS All Access? This is getting completely ridiculous.

• Love 2

We were able to sign up for Discovery+ through Verizon, but I can only watch on my MacBook. We bought our TV in 2016 and apparently it is not smart enough.  We called Comcast and they said that they are "in negotiations" and "sometime this year" they will add Discovery+.  I mean, we can get Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc. etc. but Discovery+ isn't there.  I believe there is some kind of fix, hook the laptop up to the TV, we get a Firestick or sign up for Hulu, or something else, but I am like a lot of you, I am sick of them adding new streaming services.  We already pay a fortune for cable and just to watch TV is so damned complicated.

I wonder how successful Discovery+ is. I read lots of complaints on Facebook about people who are also sick of these companies wanting us to spend more $$$.

• Love 2
On 2/2/2021 at 9:32 AM, NYGirl said:

Question for you knowledgeables:  I've noticed that all of the HG shows...both new and old...now refer to the Master bedroom as the Main bedroom.  Why???

They also keep saying "Main bathroom" which confuses me into thinking it's the guest bathroom.  Is it the Master bathroom?  Can they say Main Suite now?

Also, do you think they did voiceovers on the old ones?  I'm seeing shows about 2 years old saying Main.  

Head scratcher.

My husband and I noticed this last night.  We figured that "master" was now politically incorrect.  I had never thought of it before.  I noticed that they had also sometimes called it the "owners' suite" but last night was the first night I heard "primary bedroom."

The things you learn!

• Love 3

New Jersey couple looking for a beach house -- he wanted Atlantic City and she wanted to walkout to the boat dock. I ended-up liking them. Their requests were pretty low key, though he wanted to cheap out a bit which wouldn't have put them in a good place. I liked the cousin-in-law realtor focusing them on rental and resale value, and I liked that they picked the home closest to family.

Florida family relocated from Delaware: God I hate uptalkers. And people who complain about not being able to "put their touch" on things. That's why you have furnishings. The kicker was when he mentioned the longer commute from the third house and she stuck her hand out, palm up, to say, "So?" She needs a deep tub so she can have some me time, but he wants to spend less time in his car every week and she's going to "So?'" him? Glad they went with the second house.

It confuses me when one spouse doesn't give the commute respect. That extra time is going to be invested in the family. Maybe you can have me time if you pick a house that lets your spouse spend more time at home. Not to mention less stress and mental wear-and-tear that goes with it. So short-sighted.

Edited by Kiddvideo
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

New Jersey couple looking for a beach house -- he wanted Atlantic City and she wanted to walkout to the boat dock. I ended-up liking them. Their requests were pretty low key, though he wanted to cheap out a bit which wouldn't have put them in a good place. I liked the cousin-in-law realtor focusing them on rental and resale value, and I liked that they picked the home closest to family.

Florida family relocated from Delaware: God I hate uptalkers. And people who complain about not being able to "put their touch" on things. That's why you have furnishings. The kicker was when he mentioned the longer commute from the third house and she stuck her hand out, palm up, to say, "So?" She needs a deep tub so she can have some me time, but he wants to spend less time in his car every week and she's going to "So?'" him? Glad they went with the second house.

It confuses me when one spouse doesn't give the commute respect. That extra time is going to be invested in the family. Maybe you can have me time if you pick a house that lets your spouse spend more time at home. Not to mention less stress and mental wear-and-tear that goes with it. So short-sighted.

It helps to remember that they've already purchased the house before they're chosen for the show and the decoy houses they tour are almost never ones they considered in their original house hunt.  Many of them aren't for sale anyway.  The show has to give them a storyline, so the wife was probably told that she was supposed to be indifferent to his commute when they discussed that house, which they weren't going to buy anyway.

• Love 3

Jonesboro, Arkansas.... omg those kids were so annoying.  I have to say I was shocked that having a cubby to hang their backpacks was a deal breaker!!  Couldn't they just bring them to their rooms???  Is that hard to do?

I'm glad she went with house #1 and didn't give in to the older brat who had to have a second floor and her own bathroom.   That polished concrete floor in house #3 was not very attractive.

• Love 8

Ugh, that Arkansas mother. I really hate people who complain about having a small budget for their house but then insist they need HUUUGGGE closets for all their shoes, clothes, bags etc. And why was she calling her daughters women? They are girls. Their brains are those of children. No twelve year old needs a walk in closet for her many shoes and bags. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I missed the beginning of the Arkansas episode. What was her new start?

She had just gotten divorced.  Lived with her mom for 10 months before looking for a house.  No idea what she did for work but her mom reminded us like 20 times during the episode that her daughter worked hard and had no time to mow lawns.

• Love 2

The Arkansas episode.   I would like to thank the posters that said it was a house hunt for the kids.    I watched the first few minutes of the recording, and deleted it.     Grandma probably realizes that there are lawn care services that will be glad to mow any lawn the woman has, for a price.    I guess that was producer driven?     

However, the first clip showing the one daughter claiming she has to have a walk in closet?    That was when I erased it.      I didn't watch the kid driven versions of HH they used to have, and I didn't watch this one.    The 'must have cubby' for everyone is easy to fix.  They sell cubby benches with hooks, and have for years.   If you find the right house, either have one built, or buy one.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

Ugh, that Arkansas mother. I really hate people who complain about having a small budget for their house but then insist they need HUUUGGGE closets for all their shoes, clothes, bags etc. And why was she calling her daughters women? They are girls. Their brains are those of children. No twelve year old needs a walk in closet for her many shoes and bags. 

I assume most of those items were bought when she was still married and had a better income stream.

5 hours ago, NYGirl said:

She had just gotten divorced.  Lived with her mom for 10 months before looking for a house.  No idea what she did for work but her mom reminded us like 20 times during the episode that her daughter worked hard and had no time to mow lawns.

And they really didn't show us much of grandma's house. Was it what the girls were used to, meaning 2 stories, big closets, cubby space and a big yard? Probably not. They got used to that just fine.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Grizzly said:

And they really didn't show us much of grandma's house. Was it what the girls were used to, meaning 2 stories, big closets, cubby space and a big yard? Probably not. They got used to that just fine.

They also went on and on about how they couldn't disappoint the dog and needed a big yard. preferably an acre.  Say what?  In the end, they chose the house with the smallest yard, which was a very reasonable size and it appeared the dog had no complaints.  Who'dathunk?  Also,  since it was the girls who were wanting a larger yard, why didn't one of them, or both, step up and say they would do the mowing?  The younger kid was 12, plenty old enough to push a mower.  Those kids were completely fixated on what they wanted and really didn't seem to give a cr** if mom would be able to afford it or manage upkeep on it. 

Mama said she was a people pleaser, I hope she watched the show and saw that her kids were not benefiting from her constant need for their approval.  When I was 15, my parents bought a house.  I was not invited along on the househunt, nor was I expected to give an opinion on anything.  It really is ok for parents to be in charge and it really bugs me to see all these mealy mouthed moms and dads who are constantly putting up with backseat driving from their kids. Humorist Fran Leibowitz said, 'Only ask your child what they want for dinner if they are paying for it'.  I think that applies to many parenting decisions.

The mother kept going on and on about how her daughters were entitled to the same amount of space and amenities as they'd had when she was married.  Uh, no.  It sounded like Dad kept the farm, the girls can visit him there and get the space and amenities then.  Meantime, they've got a perfectly lovely home with their mother, walk-in closets or not.  When a single household splits into two, some economizing is inevitable.  

And, on a shallow note, I think most Southern accents are lovely, but Mama's downhome twang was getting on my last nerve.  Not pleasant.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 16
On 2/10/2021 at 7:37 PM, NYGirl said:

Jonesboro, Arkansas.... omg those kids were so annoying.  I have to say I was shocked that having a cubby to hang their backpacks was a deal breaker!!  Couldn't they just bring them to their rooms???  Is that hard to do?

I'm glad she went with house #1 and didn't give in to the older brat who had to have a second floor and her own bathroom.   That polished concrete floor in house #3 was not very attractive.

Yes to everything you said.  Couldn't they just have had someone build a 'cubby'?  Didn't like that concrete floor.  If you fell and hit your head, you'd get a concussion.  And why did they have to have such a large yard?  Who is going to mow that?  Are the girls going to play football out there?  I found the mother's shrill voice very annoying.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Say what?  In the end, they chose the house with the smallest yard, which was a very reasonable size and it appeared the dog had no complaints. 

I think the last house they saw had the smallest yard.  Didn't they buy the first one?

2 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

I think the last house they saw had the smallest yard.  Didn't they buy the first one?

Yes, but they complained bitterly about that yard, too.  It was after viewing the first house that the mother told the realtor she thought they needed at least an acre of land and the realtor told her that she couldn't afford that much as close to the city as she wanted to be.  Even at the end, one of the daughters remarked that the yard wasn't as small as they thought when they first saw it and the dog was doing fine.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 3

The Atlanta couple were fun.    So he owns a tattoo shop?   And she's something with a start up.    The first apartment was city living alright, small, high rise, no washer / dryer, so I guess the condo won't make the cut.   I hope they remember the poor dog will need to go out, unless they put that fake turf on the outdoor space.   

#2 suburban townhouse, with a pool and clubhouse available.   At that one, you could see a skyscraper through the trees, so Eli said "City Views",  that was funny.    That master bath, and half bath setup was bizarre, which means you really have a tub/shower combo, and two toilets.      15 minutes from downtown?  With Atlanta traffic, I'm guessing it's never 15 minutes.  

#3 a suburban high rise, with an HOA for $286.   The view is a lot of trees, and a few other skyscrapers.  Poor dog will not be going on that balcony.    This one is loft-style, with walls that don't go to the ceiling.  836 sq ft, and $250k.   

I would have picked #2, for the size, in home washer / dryer, two bedrooms.   

So they went for the penthouse #1, that still needs work (she didn't like the granite in the kitchen).    

On 2/10/2021 at 10:37 PM, NYGirl said:

Ha. I was just coming here to post that for once, the kids didn’t annoy me. Different strokes, I guess.

They seemed like a nice family overall. And the mom didn’t say she HAD to have closets as large as the ones in the house she chose. She said that once she saw them, it was hard to forget them. I did roll my eves when the 14-year-old said her clothes probably wouldn’t fit in the other closets. Girl. You’ve been wearing T-shirts and jeans or shorts the entire episode. A fashion diva, you are not. 

I wonder how close they live to the girls’ schools and the rest of downtown Jonesboro. Their block seemed new and rather remote.   

ETA: They installed their TV above that really high fireplace mantle—they’re going to get stiff necks when they binge-watch Netflix. Instead they could have hung a nice piece of art above the mantle and used that huge blank wall to mount the television. It would have looked and functioned better, IMO. 

Edited by topanga
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Apparently today's theme for the OWN network HH marathon of older episodes is people who should divorce their partner.     The doctor moving to Kansas City (I think KC), who needs to be close to the hospital, and the wife wants some huge farm outside of town, that's over budget.   So they settle for the house in town, on a lovely, huge lot, and then proceed to refinish or replace the wood floors for something that isn't that much lighter, rip out a perfectly updated kitchen, and she calls granite too dark, that wasn't white, or off while, but is still lighter.     Maybe it would have been cheaper, and easier to rent something, and keep looking until you find a new build with white everywhere?      

I'm not sure where the two home buyers were shopping, but they needed five bedrooms, and ended up with four.    The wife also needed to put up at least two Christmas trees.   Then, she kept saying she didn't want to spend above their budget, but gets a house at the top, and then are talking about projects.   I'm hoping the kid or kids they dump in the basement will have a legal egress window too.   

Then the Key West house hunters where the wife needs a big closet to hang her mermaid tails up is just bizarre.    Yes, she's a professional mermaid.   But they have three dogs, and she doesn't care that they don't have outdoor space now, and she doesn't care about room for the dogs.  He's tall and only wants a space for the dogs, and a shower tall enough for him, and she actually says she doesn't are about his shower needs, she just demands a soaking tub.     Then the wife says she loves the house with the hot tub, so they won't have to sneak into hotels to use their hot tub.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I think I know where the Atlanta high rise is.   Some are right in middle of single family, and commercial properties, and I bet that one was either inside the interstate encircling Atlanta, or just outside.   I didn't think it looked that walkable either.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

Atlanta: They needed a room just for the wife hair extensions alone. She must have a strong neck! 
The place they bought: was that really downtown Atlanta? Didn’t look all that downtown to me?

I'm as into hair and makeup and jewelry as the next gal, but between the multiple piercings, the huge fake eyelashes and the mega-extensions; she was looking like she was ready for Halloween or the witness protection program.  Her husband, with the all-over tats, facial piercings and long extensions also looked a little over the top to me, too.  As long as they're happy with their looks that is all that matters, but all the artifice was kinda distracting from two otherwise attractive people, IMO.

I did find them likeable, not too much bickering or over the top demands; although I kinda agreed with the husband that the place they chose was really small for them and their dog.  I guess it had to have been bigger than the bedroom and bath in her mom's basement; but it was pretty tiny, IMO.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think I know where the Atlanta high rise is.   Some are right in middle of single family, and commercial properties, and I bet that one was either inside the interstate encircling Atlanta, or just outside.   I didn't think it looked that walkable either.  

So, not downtown?

I think the Atlanta high rise was inside the interstates, so it was in the city, and apparently downtown.

I stayed at a high rise hotel in Buckhead, and right across the street was a high rise condo, when someone told me what a condo, on an upper floor, with the only view was the hotel, I was shocked.    It was in the seven figures, and small. 

The older townhouse is the one I would have chosen, and with the price point, I would have put in LVP flooring, and painted, and it would have been very nice.      I didn't like the condo they chose, and I bet they've already outgrown it.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

The Arkansas family, it seemed like the mom was working on her divorce guilt, allowing the daughters to drive a lot of the decisions.  The oldest was a pain because of her wanting so much of her own space and the younger one and her “I don’t think I can handle a small yard” just freaked me out. SHE can’t handle a small yard?  My comment to her would be, until you pay the mortgage or the property taxes, keep your trap shut.  How many friends does the older daughter have?  From the sound of it, she must have 10 or more. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The Jonesboro mother certainly ticked the grandmother off with letting the two daughters run wild, and on national TV.    I'm hoping the mother will come to her senses about letting the kids run the show, but I really doubt she will.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the Atlanta high rise was inside the interstates, so it was in the city, and apparently downtown.

I stayed at a high rise hotel in Buckhead, and right across the street was a high rise condo, when someone told me what a condo, on an upper floor, with the only view was the hotel, I was shocked.    It was in the seven figures, and small. 

The older townhouse is the one I would have chosen, and with the price point, I would have put in LVP flooring, and painted, and it would have been very nice.      I didn't like the condo they chose, and I bet they've already outgrown it.  

Not doubting you, but to me that just isn’t “downtown.” To me, downtown is city center and walkable.

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The Jonesboro mother certainly ticked the grandmother off with letting the two daughters run wild, and on national TV.    I'm hoping the mother will come to her senses about letting the kids run the show, but I really doubt she will.  

Between the mother’s accent and the obnoxious spawn, that episode was barely watchable. The grandmother was the sole voice of wisdom.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Not doubting you, but to me that just isn’t “downtown.” To me, downtown is city center and walkable.

I'll correct myself in saying it's not in downtown. It's in Mid-town and a walkable area.

• Love 2

Women who describe themselves as 'people pleasers' with just a hint of proud martyrdom make me think they deserve what they get in terms of being run over by their kids. 

Edited by Tess23
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

The single mom from Zion, IL had quite the Midwestern accent. Her daughter seemed like a great kid and I loved their realtor - she really did seem like she cared about her clients. 

This was such a refreshing episode. No ridiculous wants. Just a realistic home buyer. I was particularly happy that there were no complaints about the kitchens not being all white!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The single mom from Zion, IL had quite the Midwestern accent. Her daughter seemed like a great kid and I loved their realtor - she really did seem like she cared about her clients. 

That realtor was terrific; so encouraging and enthusiastic.  I liked the househunter and her daughter, too.  Both seemed grounded and realistic.  The mom even talked about wanting to give her daughter the best of everything, to make sure she had everything she wanted; but it just wasn't possible.  The daughter was similarly down to earth, perfectly satisfied with a nice yard for her adorable little dog and the prospect of eventually remodeling to give her her dream bedroom.

• Love 5

In the Zion, IL I would have gone for the second house.   The third house with the leaky basement would have been a deal breaker for me.   I bet the attic space will never be converted to bedroom space for the daughter, not only would it require the usual finishes of insulation, lighting, drywall, paint, and that may be over $10k, but that will also require heating/cooling too, plus electrical, and that will probably mean a new HVAC system, vents, and if they put another bathroom up there, even more expense.   

However, I did not like the realtor saying that since one neighbor had a trampoline, that maybe the mother and daughter should be friendly to them.   Get your own attractive nuisance, and don't bother the neighbors.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2