Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Or like the beachfront houses in Manhattan Beach, California, where people have their patios adjacent to the beachfront walkway, with its constant stream of pedestrians and bicyclists.  Sometimes they have glass walls, but sometimes it's just a low wall and it feels awkward to me.

My best friend lived in Manhattan Beach for several years (not on the Strand; she rented an apartment several tax brackets inland) and I always had to internally laugh at how much I enjoyed looking into all those interesting homes as we walked/skated/rode by, and how I'd never, ever live in one of them even if I could afford it, because of the oodles of people who'd be right in front of my patio.

• Love 4

In the CT episode the husband kept saying "for this price, I think this house should have an updated deck/finished basement/etc." Newsflash: the market doesn't care what you think. If you can't afford a house that has everything you want, you'll have to prioritize and accept some tradeoffs.

The daughter was way too old to run into the water with her clothes on - that's what toddlers do. I wonder if she has developmental and/or behavioral issues.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
On 12/20/2020 at 7:44 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Do you like sitting on the downstairs part of the street-facing porch?  For some reason to me it seems kind of natural to sit on the front steps of a brownstone (the yentas), where you're definitely very exposed, but it's somehow different on a porch more removed from the street.  Maybe it's the distance?  Like on the brownstone steps, you're part of what's going on on the street, but on a porch set farther back, you're not, and you're either being observed or doing the observing.

I now spend a lot of time on my street-facing front porch when the weather is nice, which has actually surprised me, since I've always really liked/needed privacy. But my street is quiet, I have gotten to know my neighbors since buying the house a few years ago, and I live on a half block with my (small) back yard actually facing a much busier road, making it not a great option. So you never know. I think the feel of the house/street etc. can be really hard to know until you live there for a while.

The Columbus couple tonight (my neck of the woods): any guesses on the suburb they ended up in? Did she say it took her 45 minutes from work/OSU? I loved that Victorian, but wasn't surprised that they ended up in the ranch. He was driving me nuts with his "smart appliances" thing, especially the HVAC. I bought a wireless thermostat for < $100 (and got rebates back from my electric and gas company) and can control my (rather old) furnace and AC with my smartphone (in my 1910 house). If he had been going on about the stove or fridge being smart, that would've at least made a little more sense, but a wireless/smartphone-controlled thermostat is super basic.     

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Dawn said:

The Columbus couple tonight (my neck of the woods): any guesses on the suburb they ended up in? Did she say it took her 45 minutes from work/OSU?

What I heard was that it was a 45-minute walk to downtown, and then later the guy said it was a 10-minute cab ride. 

He was driving me nuts with his "smart appliances" thing, especially the HVAC. I bought a wireless thermostat for < $100 (and got rebates back from my electric and gas company) and can control my (rather old) furnace and AC with my smartphone (in my 1910 house). If he had been going on about the stove or fridge being smart, that would've at least made a little more sense, but a wireless/smartphone-controlled thermostat is super basic.     

I don't know anything about controlling the HVAC with a smart phone, but he works from home so I wondered why he couldn't just go move the thermostat if he wanted a different temperature.  It would probably do him some good, making him get up from his computer every once in a while.

ETA: I laughed at these two gems from the realtor:  "The ball is definitely in the seller's favor," and "We're not going to be able to get you as much as you wanted right out of the bat."

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I was stunned that someone who is a new medical resident, and facing a five year residency, had a budget of $450,000.   The other recent house hunters, and other shows in the Columbus area, haven't seemed to have a huge problem finding a home.    Having 2500 homes and condos on the market doesn't sound that limiting to me, especially since they got a below purchase price below list by a few thousand.   

I think the five year medical residencies are the internal medicine, combined with either pediatrics, or emergency medicine.  That's such a wonderful program from what I've heard about it (I have a lot of friends with adult kids that did residencies in Ohio.  Great medical education, but they almost froze in the long winters, and came back South when they graduated.)     I really liked the couple, and suspect the quirky parts were encouraged by the producers, as usual.   I'm glad they picked (I know they already own it), the ranch house.    The condo was too expensive, HOA added, and too small.   The vintage house would have been better with two full baths upstairs, for resale.   

The distance to downtown was very confusing, either a 10 minute taxi or Uber, or 45 minutes?     I thought most hospital employees were supposed to be a certain distance to the hospital?    So I wonder if the house was actually closer to the hospital, than the distance to downtown?   

I bet Mr. High Tech, will spend a bunch replacing the appliances, faucets, and light controls with items he can control from his phone.     I've seen systems like that on the Million Dollar Listing, in NYC, and L.A.    The centralized automation systems look amazing. 

However, since I grew up watching technology attacking human movies, then I would sleep with a crowbar or baseball bat handy.  You never know when your computerized systems will want to take you out.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

I have a few friends who finished their residencies a few years ago, and they had no time for anything else. And living close to the hospital would make sense as she would be there most of the time. Was the hospital in the suburbs? I recall him talking about wanting to be walking distance to downtown, but not where her work was. 

Columbus, OH - she was starting her dental residency at OSU. Might not be as demanding as a medical residency. Unsure if the pay would be any better. They were both 29. He worked in IT security so their budget wasn't that surprising assuming he's 6-7 years into his career. I heard 45 min walk or 10 minute uber ride. Sounds like an inner ring suburb to me,  The puppy was cute.

Got curious. Her salary is $53.5K

Edited by snarts
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Columbus, OH - she was starting her dental residency at OSU. Might not be as demanding as a medical residency.

Now I'm confused.  Didn't she say something about being there for five years or seven years for her residency?  That seemed long for a medical residency to me (something I know zero about), but it seems super long for a dental residency (something else I know zero about).

1 hour ago, snarts said:

I heard 45 min walk or 10 minute uber ride. Sounds like an inner ring suburb to me, 

I'm sure they said 45-minute walk or 10-minute cab ride.  Because I was imagining walking downtown and walking back, and the 1-1/2 hours of walking wouldn't leave much time doing anything once you're downtown.

8 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I was stunned that someone who is a new medical resident, and facing a five year residency, had a budget of $450,000.   The other recent house hunters, and other shows in the Columbus area, haven't seemed to have a huge problem finding a home.    Having 2500 homes and condos on the market doesn't sound that limiting to me, especially since they got a below purchase price below list by a few thousand.   

I think the five year medical residencies are the internal medicine, combined with either pediatrics, or emergency medicine.  That's such a wonderful program from what I've heard about it (I have a lot of friends with adult kids that did residencies in Ohio.  Great medical education, but they almost froze in the long winters, and came back South when they graduated.)     I really liked the couple, and suspect the quirky parts were encouraged by the producers, as usual.   I'm glad they picked (I know they already own it), the ranch house.    The condo was too expensive, HOA added, and too small.   The vintage house would have been better with two full baths upstairs, for resale.   

The distance to downtown was very confusing, either a 10 minute taxi or Uber, or 45 minutes?     I thought most hospital employees were supposed to be a certain distance to the hospital?    So I wonder if the house was actually closer to the hospital, than the distance to downtown?   

I bet Mr. High Tech, will spend a bunch replacing the appliances, faucets, and light controls with items he can control from his phone.     I've seen systems like that on the Million Dollar Listing, in NYC, and L.A.    The centralized automation systems look amazing. 

However, since I grew up watching technology attacking human movies, then I would sleep with a crowbar or baseball bat handy.  You never know when your computerized systems will want to take you out.   

I wondering where they are coming up with the 20% down payment required on a 450,000 home plus mortgage payment while she still probably has medical school loans and hasn't been making tons between Med School, Internship and now Residency.

• Love 1

On the Columbus house, before they moved in, they should have replaced the floors, with Engineered Vinyl Plank, and I bet it would have been done in a week.      The EVP would probably match the height of the tile by the door, and then everything would be waterproof, and they could use the same material on the sun porch, and baths and laundry.     Then they would have had a finished house, and could just relax, and enjoy the house.   I think the relator's statements were mostly for drama.    I'm glad they didn't buy the vintage second house, it could have turned into a money pit, because there was no where to put a second bathroom upstairs, and the kitchen was hideous.   

On 12/22/2020 at 5:57 PM, chocolatine said:

In the CT episode the husband kept saying "for this price, I think this house should have an updated deck/finished basement/etc." Newsflash: the market doesn't care what you think. If you can't afford a house that has everything you want, you'll have to prioritize and accept some tradeoffs.

The daughter was way too old to run into the water with her clothes on - that's what toddlers do. I wonder if she has developmental and/or behavioral issues.

The husband clearly doesn't understand the current market in CT...having lived there for eight years (Fairfield County) I can tell you that dumps are selling for a lot more especially in Fairfield. The big draw to Fairfield is the school system. Excellent public schools and the train to Manhattan is centrally located. People that work in NYC love Fairfield and it isn't a long commute at all. So, getting a house that has a new kitchen, updated flooring and updated bathrooms for under $600,000 is a good deal. He had a laundry list of things that he didn't want to compromise on but his wife had to compromise by agreeing to buy the West Hartford home which is a good hour or more from Fairfield depending on traffic! And that home was in a high traffic area, busy intersection, across the street from a mall! Bad yard...small and needs a lot of landscaping. If they got some nice hedges and planted them along the side of the house that faces the busy street, that would provide some privacy and create a barrier. The house also needed a paint job on the outside and didn't have the air conditioning he wanted so badly. Getting central air will run him a lot of money. I think all in all they could have done a lot better in the air conditioned remodeled home in Fairfield...and she wouldn't be spending hours on the road commuting to work each day. 

• Love 6
On 12/20/2020 at 6:44 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

There's some house renovating show where I've seen them put an actual patio, with furniture and all, in the front yard, not behind a fence.  I don't think I'd like that at all. 

I think that was Jasmine Roth's show before she did the Help! I Broke My House series that just ended.     It was called Hidden Potential, and she regularly put full decks or patios in the front yard.      I understand a front porch, but not a deck and furniture at street level in the front yard.   Maybe it's because that show is in L.A., and some of the front yards were big, compared to the back yards?   Or some were all pool in back.   I'm wondering if the front decks are ever used.    

My neighbors in Colorado had a big back deck, and the small front deck right in front of the living room window.   They never used it once, the entire time they lived there, and it was a real turn off for buyers.      

Unusual features for a neighborhood can be a real turnoff for a house hunter. 

I noticed in the Columbus episode, the older house that didn't have a garage, but you could pull into the back yard and park, or build a garage for a lot of money, didn't seem to have other parking, or maybe it was on a street where you couldn't park on snowy days either.    I can't imagine living in somewhere that your main parking area is down a snowy alley.    The ranch house, that was mostly remodeled, was the best purchase. 

So moving from Arkansas to Houston, and had to do it in a couple of days.     Sounds like a House in a Hurry fail, turned into HH.   So they have four adopted kids, want everyone to have their own bedroom, and get a five bedroom house, and still talk about fostering more kids?    Where are they going to put the extra kids?   They bought the first two story house, and a lot was because of the three car garage.   There was something strange going on with parts of the driveway, and I'm wondering if they have a driveway fund ready to fix that.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

When the Arkansas to Houston mom kept saying she didn't want her kids having to be on top of each other like she was growing up, I thought don't have so many kids. She came across as a helicopter. Wonder what her job is since she seemed to be only think of the kids.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Wonder what her job is since she seemed to be only think of the kids.

She said they were moving because they both had new jobs in Houston, so I assume she worked outside the home. I laughed when she was talking about a renovation and her husband said "You better call somebody!" It was the delivery.

14 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

The husband clearly doesn't understand the current market in CT...having lived there for eight years (Fairfield County) I can tell you that dumps are selling for a lot more especially in Fairfield. The big draw to Fairfield is the school system. Excellent public schools and the train to Manhattan is centrally located. People that work in NYC love Fairfield and it isn't a long commute at all. So, getting a house that has a new kitchen, updated flooring and updated bathrooms for under $600,000 is a good deal.

Yeah, I associate Fairfield with wealth (although not Greenwich wealth). I've known people who commuted into NYC from Fairfield. 

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

She said they were moving because they both had new jobs in Houston, so I assume she worked outside the home. I laughed when she was talking about a renovation and her husband said "You better call somebody!" It was the delivery.

Yeah, I associate Fairfield with wealth (although not Greenwich wealth). I've known people who commuted into NYC from Fairfield. 

3 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

It is a nice place to live...older homes and some new builds. Greenwich is for the super rich and very private. Judge Judy owns a mansion there as well as many scions of the business world and society big wigs. Fairfield is solid upper middle class and a lot of professionals own homes there...doctors, lawyers, accountants, dentists, etc. Mostly it's families with school age children. It's a far cry from it's next door neighbor, Bridgeport! Which Paul Newman once called the arm pit of New England...

1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Greenwich is for the super rich and very private. Judge Judy owns a mansion there as well as many scions of the business world and society big wigs. Fairfield is solid upper middle class and a lot of professionals own homes there...doctors, lawyers, accountants, dentists, etc. Mostly it's families with school age children.

I met someone when I was in college (we went to different schools; we met during a study abroad program) who was from Greenwich; she was the daughter of a Wall Street exec. She was pretty awful, in a Veruca Salt kind of way. I also used to have a friend from Fairfield. His father was a doctor.

23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm glad they didn't buy the vintage second house, it could have turned into a money pit, because there was no where to put a second bathroom upstairs, and the kitchen was hideous.   

And if I recall correctly, the bathroom was very small and had no storage. I liked all the wood in that house but it wasn't the right choice for them - as a resident, she's not going to have time to deal with lots of renovations.

Edited by Empress1
22 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

He had a laundry list of things that he didn't want to compromise on but his wife had to compromise by agreeing to buy the West Hartford home which is a good hour or more from Fairfield depending on traffic!

I lived in Simsbury CT (Hartford area) very close to W. Hartford for 20 YRS and often travelled to Fairfield County (Fairfield) because I had relatives who lived there.  The commute from the W. Hartford area to Fairfield is never easy.  Also, the thought of not having central A/C is beyond belief!!  It gets very hot and humid in CT in the summertime.  Also, the tax situation in CT (including, but not limited to, property tax) kept exploding.

I moved to AZ 30 yrs ago and never looked back.  CT had a certain N. England charm; however, the cost of living there continued to dissuade me from staying.

52 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I lived in Simsbury CT (Hartford area) very close to W. Hartford for 20 YRS and often travelled to Fairfield County (Fairfield) because I had relatives who lived there.  The commute from the W. Hartford area to Fairfield is never easy.  Also, the thought of not having central A/C is beyond belief!!  It gets very hot and humid in CT in the summertime.  Also, the tax situation in CT (including, but not limited to, property tax) kept exploding.

I moved to AZ 30 yrs ago and never looked back.  CT had a certain N. England charm; however, the cost of living there continued to dissuade me from staying.

If you work in Manhattan it's an easy train commute and like I said, the schools are good. If you work in Fairfield County, then it makes sense to live in Fairfield County...it just doesn't seem smart to commute from West Hartford to Fairfield. I went to college in West Hartford and then lived in Trumbull for nine years in the '80's. So I'm familiar with the traffic issues there...it seemed like her husband didn't care about her commute. I agree about the AC...Every home we lived in in Connecticut had central air but I knew a lot of people that did not have it and I hated going to their houses in the summer. For this family, even opening windows wouldn't be helpful since they are right next to a busy intersection that feeds into a large mall...the noise and exhaust from buses and cars would be overwhelming. 

• Love 4

There's a rerun marathon on OWN today, apparently of couples where the one person is a whining, entitled brat.    The San Diego couple have a budget of $900k, and keep coming up with reasons why the perfectly nice homes are too big, or not enough privacy.     So the smallish condo on the beach, with shared back patio.   Then they virtually gut the condo, and they're both still whining about living with renovations. 

The couple moving back to Birmingham, AL were also irritating.     Then the couple buying their first house after being married 20 years, moving to Chesapeake VA are both irritating.    He wants mid Century modern, and how many of those will be in that area?   

They had the ridiculous couple moving to Melbourne, FL where the wife's number one priority was a Kardashian closet.    At the end where she said what the listing price was, and what they paid for it, she didn't even seem to know.    Her closet still wasn't her beloved Kardashian closet either.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
33 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There's a rerun marathon on OWN today, apparently of couples where the one person is a whining, entitled brat.

Well, if one is curating a collection of HH episodes, that's a good theme to go with - plenty to choose from!

• LOL 6
On 12/23/2020 at 12:31 PM, chessiegal said:

I just looked at the start of the Columbus episode. She was doing a medical residency at OSU.

A medical residency typically lasts 3 years, I suspect she is going to also do a fellowship in a subspecialty like neurology.  Medical students can apply for it right out of med school.  Most other fellowships require one to apply in the second or third year of residency.  

As far as needing to live near the hospital; as a resident, she will required to be in the hospital when she is on call, even overnight.  So, the only time she will be home is when she is completely off-duty.  I still wouldn't want to be too far away from the hospital, but it's not like she would have to go in during the off hours.

I did my OB/GYN residency in Columbus, too, and never lived farther than 10 minutes from the hospital.  But, then, I rented apartments, I didn't buy a house.  There are a lot of rental options around campus. I wasn't at OSU, but another hospital about 10 minutes north, but still in the city.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Prince Georges County, MD:  I thought the guy looked familiar then realized he's Darren Haynes, a sports reporter on WUSA, our local CBS station.  I had a feeling they'd pick the first house.  The wife was slightly annoying, giving the stink eye at some of the fixtures and going on about wanting white cabinets, but compared to other HH'ers, she wasn't bad.   

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Prince Georges County, MD:  I thought the guy looked familiar then realized he's Darren Haynes, a sports reporter on WUSA, our local CBS station.

He's cute! His insistence that he needed a literal football field was annoying - like, my dude, all you are going to do is play catch and that is fine. I did find the wife kind of annoying - a lot of the stuff she was complaining about was superficial stuff that could be done over time, particularly since they seemed to be looking for a forever-ish home (which the realtor pointed out re: the third house). The basement in the first house was great - I laughed when he plopped down on the floor and was like "Pass me the remote, I'm good!" 

The kitchen in the first house is ugly, but again, they can change that. Their enthusiasm about finally owning something was very nice.

• Love 5

Yes the PG house needs refaced cabinets, and maybe new countertops, and back splash, and that is a lot cheaper than ripping out and replacing the kitchen.   Anything else they can redo a room at a time.  

I did have to laugh at the statement that the house 42 miles or so out of D.C. would be an hour drive.    Maybe at 3 a.m. on Sunday, but I'm not betting on then either. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The basement in the first house was great - I laughed when he plopped down on the floor and was like "Pass me the remote, I'm good!" 

Yeah, I thought that was cute.  I think he was going on about the football field because since he's been a sports anchor in several different markets, he probably knows some players and maybe wanted to hang out with them playing football.  I just saw an interview he had with quarterback Dwayne Haskins who just got booted by Washington.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I did have to laugh at the statement that the house 42 miles or so out of D.C. would be an hour drive. 

When I saw 42 miles outside DC I was like “NOPE.” If he works in DC, that commute would be a non-starter for me.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Prince Georges County, MD:  I thought the guy looked familiar then realized he's Darren Haynes, a sports reporter on WUSA, our local CBS station.  I had a feeling they'd pick the first house.  The wife was slightly annoying, giving the stink eye at some of the fixtures and going on about wanting white cabinets, but compared to other HH'ers, she wasn't bad.   

I did a doubletake when I saw him! I've only seen him on commercials but it was nice to know a bit more. Damn he's good looking and well dressed. Wonder what he thinks of Haskins being fired (or drafted so high in the first place)?

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Grrarrggh said:

I did a doubletake when I saw him! I've only seen him on commercials but it was nice to know a bit more. Damn he's good looking and well dressed. Wonder what he thinks of Haskins being fired (or drafted so high in the first place)?

In the video he mentioned that he knew Haskins personally, before he got drafted, and he basically wished him well and hoped that he learned from his mistakes.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I did have to laugh at the statement that the house 42 miles or so out of D.C. would be an hour drive.    Maybe at 3 a.m. on Sunday, but I'm not betting on then either. 

Very true, but as a sports anchor he's likely not dealing with traditional rush hour commutes.  I thought they were a normal couple and their home hunting differences were pretty tame.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

We have a neighbor who gets on the Beltway to get to work. He's mostly working from home these days, but told us the traffic on the Beltway since the pandemic hit is very different - much, much lighter, than in the Before Times.

Were all the houses they looked at in PG County?

• Love 2

So the ex-swimmer and wife in Annapolis, MD.   I loathe him.    The guy doesn't care that the first house has a shared driveway, so no where to park the car because the garage is some kind of pull up rack for exercising.    The couple are so entitled, and ridiculous, that I don't even care what they buy.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Felt sorry for the Annapolis realtor who had to deal with that couple.  Surprised that they were able to get a water view house for that price.  Cute house, not so much the driveway.  House certainly wasn't in Annapolis, more like Severna Park Md.  The shared driveways are very common in the area that they purchased in.  Use to be more summer homes and then gradually transitioned to year round places.  Nice area.

Edited by cameron
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, cameron said:

Felt sorry for the Annapolis realtor who had to deal with that couple. 

She got on his nerves, you could tell. He said something about her postcards that was like "I know you ... think ... you're helping, but ..." and you could tell he was legitimately annoyed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, cameron said:

Cute house, not so much the driveway.  

And that scene at the end where they were looking at the driveway and discussing where they are going to park their cars.  Uh, where are they parked while you're talking?  Maybe try there.

I hated her postcards with her kids' picture on them, and was trying to calculate how much of a lower offer I'd take to not sell my house to them. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Someone needs to tell the Annapolis wife that she can't go around sticking postcards in people's mailboxes. Mailboxes are considered federal property and it is a crime to put anything unmetered in them. She's lucky she didn't get in trouble over that.

The couple were annoying, each in their own separate way, though all of the featured houses were very nice. Each in their own separate way too, I suppose. What a surprise they got the house with the gym thing already built into it! Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I found the house the Annapolis couple bought by going to their real estate agent's web site. It is indeed in Severna Park. It is in her name alone, sold on September 11, 2020 for $925,000. It was built in 2011. It appears that it might have been land attached to the house next door. I'm guessing the owner of the other house got the lot split so another house could be built. The house they bought is number is #A, while next door is just the same number. At one point, it appears an owner of the next door house sold the land that created the current lot.

The husband was a jerk. He stated his job was a recruiter for Annapolis. What???? Makes no sense.

The other story line that it wasn't on the market yet was BS. Who has an empty house that they are just sitting on waiting list it? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

The annoying, entitled, obnoxious, vain Annapolis husband.  Anyone notice that he is getting a receding hairline?  Just goes to show that the Gods can laugh.  He must live in a pair of bermudas.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I felt bad for the kids of that Annapolis couple. Between her obsession with staring at them lest the DIE and his obsession with jujitsu AND dressing them alike... poor children. They're going to grow up warped. Hopefully their grandparents are semi-sane. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Annapolis Dominique is a character. She's got quite a social media presence. This is how she describes herself on one web site.

Dominique is a grateful mama bear to identical twin toddlers and twin Golden Retriever therapy dogs. Semi-professional kitchen dance party dancer, former Zumba instructor, and medical sales professional.

No mention of a husband, lol. And what the hell is a semi-professional kitchen dance party dancer? Her LinkedIn page says she was Director of Sales and Marketing for the Washington Redskins from 2003-2012. My husband says he'd look side-eyed at anyone working for Dan Snyder.

Edited by chessiegal
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Grrarrggh said:

I felt bad for the kids of that Annapolis couple. Between her obsession with staring at them lest the DIE and his obsession with jujitsu AND dressing them alike... poor children. They're going to grow up warped. Hopefully their grandparents are semi-sane. 

I felt bad for the kids too.  The dad said he had ADD which is why he's into jujitsu, but I hope he doesn't work those young boys too hard in that garage "gym."

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Annapolis Dominique is a character. She's got quite a social media presence. This is how she describes herself on one web site.

No mention of a husband, lol. And what the hell is a semi-professional kitchen dance party dancer? Her LinkedIn page says she was Director of Sale and Marketing for the Washington Redskins from 2003-2012. My husband says he'd look side-eyed at anyone working for Dan Snyder.

Wonder if she's among the women suing him for sexual harassment?

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

And what the hell is a semi-professional kitchen dance party dancer?

I assume that’s a joke, like she dances with her kids in the kitchen & that’s what she calls it. (The phrase “mama bear” gets on my nerves.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 10