Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

This has to be a first——a man with vocal fry.  The Iowa couple were nice, but Mr Financial and his really bad fry would drive me crazy.  And seeing they were together for five years, and he claims to have a ring but hasn’t proposed, would be a major question mark for me.

The Flint husband is the kind of who thinks he’s a hot shit know-it-all.  I have a hard time thinking the first house was built for car industry executives. Yucky, imho

A neighborhood in transition would concern me, especially when the agent says it’s in transition but it’s not there yet.  The house in that neighborhood looked nice from the outside, but the interior needed lots of work.

House number 3 was really nice. The details in the house were lovely. 

Can’t believe they bought the first house. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 2
On 6/3/2020 at 4:17 PM, topanga said:

I feel bad whenever I see commercials for that new Beach Renovation show where the family says they risked everything to renovate their island and will go under if it isn't successful. Seeing that tourism is way down this summer, I wonder how they're doing. 

I started a forum for Renovation Island.

4 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

This has to be a first——a man with vocal fry.

Nah, plenty of men - including Ira Glass and Noam Chomsky - have vocal fry, they just don't get labeled as ditzes for it, or often even noticed; men's voices simply aren't policed the way women's are. 

In fact, some studies indicate men use the fry more often, but generally throughout their sentences, while women who speak that way tend to do it mostly at the end of a thought.  (Apparently I had one more bit of trivia for the day.)

• Love 2
On 6/6/2020 at 6:48 AM, chessiegal said:

We had a neighbor once who had an adult son living with them who was intellectually disabled. Their lot was about 9,000 sq. ft. and partially bordered our back yard. He would mow their lawn over and over for at least 3 hours on the days I'm guessing they let him do it. Any time I hear of someone who loves to mow lawns, it brings back noisy memories.

Maybe it's because I don't currently have a lawn I have to mow, but I've always liked mowing.  I like shoveling snow, too.  There are few things in life that have such a noticeable immediate impact, and it's exercising not just for exercising's sake.

David Sedaris picks up trash on the road near his house for hours every day.  More than once, he's heard people talking about a mentally challenged man in the area who walks around talking to himself, and realized it was him--picking up trash while listening to foreign language lessons.

5 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Nah, plenty of men - including Ira Glass and Noam Chomsky - have vocal fry, they just don't get labeled as ditzes for it, or often even noticed; men's voices simply aren't policed the way women's are. 

I don't often encounter Noam Chomsky speaking, but every time Ira Glass comes on the radio, I turn it off.  Vocal fry by either men or women is equally unbearable to me.

29 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

And seeing they were together for five years, and he claims to have a ring but hasn’t proposed, would be a major question mark for me.

I know it's not exactly urgent, but as long as we're turning society on its ear, can we please slide in getting rid of men deciding when a couple will marry?

As for the show, I was kind of charmed by Sugar Land couple's little boy who was watching them discuss the three houses they'd seen.  He actually seemed to be interested.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I know it's not exactly urgent, but as long as we're turning society on its ear, can we please slide in getting rid of men deciding when a couple will marry?

YES!!!! I can't stand women who sit around waiting for a proposal, hinting about it. Just do it yourself you door mat! It's your freakin' life! 

Also women who turn their male mate whenever there's a question of money. Ugh. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Bastet said:

In fact, some studies indicate men use the fry more often, but generally throughout their sentences, while women who speak that way tend to do it mostly at the end of a thought.  (Apparently I had one more bit of trivia for the day.)

I don’t think Ira Glass has vocal fry. In any case, I like his voice.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

I don’t think Ira Glass has vocal fry. In any case, I like his voice.

Glass himself admitted that he does. I think this vocal fry thing is over diagnosed. My voice as always been naturally lower and a bit raspy. Can't help it. 

9 minutes ago, CruiseDiva said:

New Orleans house hunters... that woman was very nice, but her mohawk hairdo was one of the biggest style fails of the season. 😲

Yeah, she was really pretty minus the Mohawk. I didn’t get it. It’s not like she’s 16 either. It looks a little silly but it’s her hair. The house sure needs a lot of work. I would like an after renovation update to see what they do with the place. The husband seemed like a nice guy.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/10/2020 at 2:57 PM, LittleIggy said:

I don’t think Ira Glass has vocal fry.

Ira Glass thinks he has vocal fry, and has been refreshingly candid about how folks complain to NPR about the same sound from female reporters while ignoring his.

On 6/9/2020 at 10:10 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I have a dim view of proposals to begin with, believing marriage should be something two people discuss whether or not to enter into, not something one person surprises the other with a request to do, so - yes. 

But if such a practice is going to persist, why in all hell in this the year 2020 is a woman in a relationship with a man supposed to sit around waiting to be asked by him?  If you want to get married, and want that set in motion by a proposal, propose!  Sexist gender roles be damned.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

I guess if you want to live in Flint, Michigan, there are some good buys in real estate.  I loved the Tudor style house (#3), and while the outside of the #2 in the transitioning neighborhood looked impressive, it needed a lot of work.  I wouldn't want to sink a lot of $$ into a house, and not be able to recoup that investment when selling.  

I laughed at the ironing board cover in house #1 because it was so late 60's early 70's in it's patterns and colors.  In fact, it might have been the original cover from when the house was build.  I do wonder if the HH bought a jacket just for the show to match the kitchen counters.  

As for the New Orleans couple, Slidell, LA is across Lake Ponchartrain and not that far to drive into New Orleans for dinner or a day trip.  My favorite of the 3 houses was the second one on 2 acres in the wooded area.  It had space, and looked like it would be perfect for her plants.  Of course, we don't know how far out of Slidell it was, or if it had ever flooded in that area which is something to consider here in Louisiana.  I liked the cat, especially in the last scene where they are discussing which house to buy.  It was sitting next to the man on the arm of the sofa.   

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't know if all homes in Flint had the contaminated drinking water, but I would be afraid to take the chance.  

I like the Slidell houses.   I like the one they chose.   The second house was spectacular, but too isolated for my taste.   I would constantly wonder what was going to crawl or slither out of the woods.      I would also worry about the long driveway with all of the trees being an issue with high winds, or a hurricane. 

With the house they bought, I would convert the family room back to a garage, just for hurricane shelter for the cars.        I hated the first house.    No garage, too small back yard, and flooding danger.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

With the house they bought, I would convert the family room back to a garage, just for hurricane shelter for the cars.  

I can't keep this in anymore:  I hate houses with converted garages.  They look tacky from the outside, especially when there's an attempt to disguise it but the driveway ends at the wall.  And the room the garage becomes always looks like a room that is made from a garage, so it's no better from the inside.

Apologies to anyone here who has one.  I'm sure you're lovely people. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

StatisticalOutlier, I'm in agreement with you about converted carports or garages that are not done well, as seems to be the case most of the time.  The house they bought falls into that category.  The exterior is not the same material or color of the rest of the house, and the driveway runs right up to the door.  I think painting that white siding to match the brick would help a lot.  If you need the space, but convert a finished room back to a carport, you would be taking away value from the house as far as square footage is concerned.  Having said that, I bought a house like that, and overlooked my intense dislike for that feature due to the location, and other redeeming features of the house.  I've lived here 17 years, and through 2 professional landscaping/hardscaping jobs, and the addition of a style appropriate carport this spring, I am finally happy with the look of the house.  Time and $$ can cure almost anything. I know people do those conversions because it's a less expensive way to add interior square footage rather than adding on somewhere else at a greater expense. 

• Love 1

One thing Chip and Joanna did well was fix rooms that stemmed from converted garages or carports. It can be done, but I'm $ure it's more commonly a fail.

Louisiana couple seemed pretty low stressed, considering their (alleged) wedding was two weeks off😅  She appeared okay with all the fixing, likely because he was so happy to have all the projects. Or because, from the beginning, she really wanted to be able to decorate to her/their tastes. *Waves to producers*

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, buttersister said:

One thing Chip and Joanna did well was fix rooms that stemmed from converted garages or carports. It can be done, but I'm $ure it's more commonly a fail. 

I don't know if your $ was intentional, but I have no doubt that garage conversions could be made to look decent, but it would take a lot of money.  I doubt most people who have the money to build an addition would choose to give up a garage instead.  So you end up with garage conversions being a cheaper way to get more living space, and it shows.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I hated the first house.    No garage, too small back yard, and flooding danger.   

Awww, I think shotgun houses are cute.  Although I couldn't figure out exactly how the duplex had been converted.  I like that they kept the extra front door, because it makes it look "right" on the outside.  I noticed that the glass in it had a big piece of paper in it but couldn't tell if it said anything on it, like "<- the real door is thataway." 

I had a friend with a house that had two identical doors perpendicular and right next to each other on his front porch, and for some reason people would knock on the one that faced sideways instead of the one that faced onto the street.  Seems kind of obvious that the one facing the street is the "main" one, but apparently not.

• Love 1

Comedians on Couches: I remember the Austen couple (who could forget her bright blue hair and his mustache?). I’m glad they mentioned him getting in the tubs and ragged on his brutalism obsession.

Joshua Tree: I hadn’t seen this one before. The “but what do you do for a living?” snark cracked me up. I could not believe they bought that money pit. 😧

I took a break from bingeing “NOS4A2” to watch this, and it was funny enough to watch the rest of the episodes.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Comedians on Couches: I remember the Austen couple (who could forget her bright blue hair and his mustache?). I’m glad they mentioned him getting in the tubs and ragged on his brutalism obsession.

The funniest comment came after the house hunters went upstairs and saw there was only a bathroom in the hall for all the bedrooms to share  and no master bathroom. The house hunting husband got all bent out of shape that he would have to go down the hallway to get to the bathroom and the comedian commented that he was the type of guy who waited until the last second to get to the toilet to pee. My husband nearly fell on the floor laughing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I thought I set my DVR to record the 2 comedians episode but it only caught one and I don't see them on demand either 😞

I really enjoyed last night's episode.  They do say stuff we say at home.

I also watched the HH after comedians.  Serial Movers in NC.  I really wanted to smack the husband with his...it has to be on the lake...said 100 x during the episode.  Then he sees a beautiful house on the lake but he had no privacy.  

I thought the wife was low maintenance and I was wrong.  The beautiful 3rd house which had everything they needed..on the lake.. waaaaaay across the lake was a boat maintenance facility...she didn't like the view!

They complained about the fixer upper the whole episode... and of course they took that one.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 2

I loved the comedians on the couch episodes.   They said what we're always posting about the house hunt, and the homes, but the comments weren't nasty.      I really enjoyed this way of reusing reruns.   I hope they do a lot more of them. 

• Love 5

I'll admit it, I was thinking the Comedians stuff was going to be like when they shoe-horned the kids into the episodes, but it was better than that by far. I liked the commentary (better than popups) and the jokes really weren't mean at all cuz mustache-guy could have really gotten more ribbing. I hadn't seen either episode but wanted to say that I had to some work in Twentynine Palms CA but my hotel was in Palm Springs so I drove through Joshua Tree twice a day for a week and never noticed a town. Shacks along the desert road, yeah, I remember that. But a real town...not ringing a bell. I'm guessing they chose it because Palm Springs was too expensive? Looks like they turned the place into a rental (maybe air bnb?) called The Castle House Estate.

• Love 2

You can stay at the Castle House in Joshua Tree for $139 a night if you want to experience the magic yourself.  They offer “glamping” and a roller rink.  It appears they also serve as a wedding venue.

• Useful 1

Fayetteville, AR: I’m a little undecided. They seemed like decent people who must have some depth given their son’s illness, but he was a wee bit of a snob wanting a Stepford Family lifestyle. All about joining the right country club and the right church; wearing the right uniform; attending the right black-tie benefits. She seemed more real (though still someone who thought a $700k house in Fayetteville, AR was below their means.) 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Kiddvideo said:

Fayetteville, AR: I’m a little undecided. They seemed like decent people who must have some depth given their son’s illness, but he was a wee bit of a snob wanting a Stepford Family lifestyle. All about joining the right country club and the right church; wearing the right uniform; attending the right black-tie benefits. She seemed more real (though still someone who thought a $700k house in Fayetteville, AR was below their means.) 

I didn’t see the very beginning. What was the son’s illness? I was 🙄 at the husband saying 3000 square feet was too small.

Palm Springs: I loved the house she picked. The casita was adorable. Wouldn’t want to live in PS but would take that house if I could magically transport it elsewhere.

• Love 1

Palm Springs: I’m 55 and for some reason I want to live there. I don’t like the the northeast winters anymore but I’d probably never do it. I think the warmest place I’d move to would be Florida. I don’t even really like the mid century modern look but Palm Springs looks so beautiful with all the mountains in sight. I like the house she picked (I picked it, too) and, she and her friend seem like nice woman. Also, it seems like whenever there is a show on HGTV with Palm Springs as the setting it looks like the show the same houses. I swear I’ve seen the yellow door one before. Maybe, a lot of people have yellow doors in Palm Springs.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Also, it seems like whenever there is a show on HGTV with Palm Springs as the setting it looks like the show the same houses. I swear I’ve seen the yellow door one before.

I bet it's the same one. HH seems to have a standard "show" home for each style. I first noticed this when they continued to show the same Victorian house every time someone wanted that particular style.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I didn’t see the very beginning. What was the son’s illness? I was 🙄 at the husband saying 3000 square feet was too small.

Palm Springs: I loved the house she picked. The casita was adorable. Wouldn’t want to live in PS but would take that house if I could magically transport it elsewhere.

They never said what illness the son had, just that getting it diagnosed and treated took a couple of  years. They said they had been planning to move to Florida when he got sick, but put that on hold because of his illness, which then made them realize how much they wanted to stay close to their family and friends.  I thought the husband was a pretentious idiot.  He kept talking about 'growing into' a 6000 sq ft house in 20 years.  What the heck does that mean?  As it is, they weren't talking about having more kids, they've already got 3; all of whom should be out on their own or close to it in 20 years, so I'm not sure what sort of growth he was anticipating.  And all the blather about needing a pool house with a couple of guest bedrooms and a wine cellar?  Why?

The wife, who reminded me of Kyra Sedgewick, seemed much more reasonable and I liked her eye rolls as he talked about all the stuff that was 'necessary' to have in their home.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, doodlebug said:

They never said what illness the son had, just that getting it diagnosed and treated took a couple of  years. They said they had been planning to move to Florida when he got sick, but put that on hold because of his illness, which then made them realize how much they wanted to stay close to their family and friends.  I thought the husband was a pretentious idiot.  He kept talking about 'growing into' a 6000 sq ft house in 20 years.  What the heck does that mean?  As it is, they weren't talking about having more kids, they've already got 3; all of whom should be out on their own or close to it in 20 years, so I'm not sure what sort of growth he was anticipating.  And all the blather about needing a pool house with a couple of guest bedrooms and a wine cellar?  Why?

The wife, who reminded me of Kyra Sedgewick, seemed much more reasonable and I liked her eye rolls as he talked about all the stuff that was 'necessary' to have in their home.

And those kids who couldn't sleep upstairs.  Watched their antics in his office.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I couldn't believe that couple.   The husband thinks he has to build a two story pool house, with the lower level having two bedrooms, and a wine cellar.   I had to roll my eyes when he said that the home of over 3,000 sq ft, was too small for a family of five.  

I bet the Palm Springs yellow door house is a vacation rental, or Airbnb, and they rent it for filming as a decoy.      I was hoping she would buy the second house, since it was furnished, and for once I guessed right about which one she owns.   It was higher priced, but I bet buying mid-century modern, high end furniture would have equaled the cost of the second house eventually, with the changes she wanted to make.   I really enjoy seeing the Palm Springs houses.  

I didn't like the Atomic Ranch third house (or whatever the title was).  It was small, and had several different floor levels, at least the living room was a step down, so I suspect it might have been the former carport or garage. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
On 6/12/2020 at 11:57 PM, ByaNose said:

Also, it seems like whenever there is a show on HGTV with Palm Springs as the setting it looks like the show the same houses. I swear I’ve seen the yellow door one before. Maybe, a lot of people have yellow doors in Palm Springs.

Actually, they do, although I wouldn't be surprised if @CrazyInAlabama is right and it's an Airbnb they rent.

A couple of years ago, Mr. Outlier and I spent a day riding bikes around Palm Springs.  When in house-looking mode, I ride s-l-o-w, and we covered over 20 miles, focusing on neighborhoods with mid-century modern houses, which I've always adored.

We noticed lots of houses had yard signs in them for or against "Measure C."  The signs didn't say what Measure C was, but as we rode around, we started taking note of which houses had yes or no signs.  We eventually decided that it had to do with short-term rentals, and concluded that Measure C was going to limit them, by noticing that the "no" signs were in front of houses that looked a little too on-point, and must have been Airbnbs.  The "yes" signs were in front of houses that looked actually lived in--not ratty or anything, but they didn't look like they were being "presented."

Looked it up later, and we were right.  The measure was defeated, and I can imagine that it might be kind of miserable to live in a neighborhood that has been converted to mostly short-term rentals.

And speaking of using the same houses, in Austin, if they're looking at mid-century modern, they always go out to this neighborhood way out in Leander, where they've built a little development of those houses.  As I said, I've always loved mid-century modern architecture, but the place kind of gives me the creeps.  I haven't actually been there--it's way the hell out in Leander 😀--but from seeing it multiple times on HH and looking at the website, it's just a little too something.  Not fake, but maybe too purposeful? 

We ran across a similar area in Palm Springs, where they were building new MCM-style houses up and down a street.  It didn't have as weird a vibe as the development in Austin, possibly because they were really hewing to the design, and they were just new houses in a neighborhood that already has a bunch of houses in that style.

And speaking of Austin, I will forever love Chris Redd for pretending to use that guy's mustache as a periscope. 

• Love 3

StatisticalOutlier, the development is about 30+ miles outside of Austin, and is called Starlight Village.  It doesn't have that many houses in it.  I love some of the designs, but where I live in south Louisiana, those low roof line shapes would be a disaster in our heavy rains, especially the "butterfly" roof.

• Love 1

I finally saw the Louisiana episode and loved the shotgun house in NO. Reminded me of a project I did for the Vernacular Architecture class I took at LSU. We had the best field trips for that class! I liked the cray-cray second house with the Asian accents, too.  Didn’t like the house they picked. 

• Love 4

Jersey Shore: OMG, I remember the “cat tube” guy! The commentary was spot on. Natasha is really funny.

Waco: They were saying the same kind of stuff we do: “Shut up! You aren’t buying the house!” The comments about the baby faced real estate guy were hilarious: “His Mom dropped him off.” 😆

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I'm gonna be the turd in the punch bowl and admit that I think these "comedian" episodes are fucking awful. I missed the first two and thought "oh no, I'm gonna have to see if they're on demand", and then I watched one. Realized I could just delete it from the dvr. Whitney Cummings - watched about five minutes and couldn't get any further. "His shirt is lilac!" "Have a party house or a carpet - pick a lane!" I love JB Smoove on CYE, thought that one might be better, but good gravy, another quick delete. I was so looking forward to these eps, but didn't laugh once. Guess I've been spoiled by MST3K, in which the commentary is funnier than the stuff I can think of myself.

And one more gripe - if a professional network is going to produce "new" content, we've lived with Covid for long enough now - there's no excuse for shitty, shouty audio. (I'm also looking at you, Jeff Probst on CBS.)

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I'm gonna be the turd in the punch bowl and admit that I think these "comedian" episodes are fucking awful.

Well, I guess I will join  you in the punch bowl! I tried watching but just couldn't make it through a whole episode. I felt quite alone since everyone else seemed to enjoy these episodes...glad there are at least two of that don't. I can funny comments all by myself!

• Love 4

For me, these comedian episodes have brought me so much joy so far.  I haven't watched US House Hunters in years (only HHI) but I caught up as soon as I heard about this and will be sad when this week is over. 

I think my favorite was John Mulaney's episode with the castle turrets.  The shock on all of their faces when the couple selected that "house" was so much fun.  (I put house in quotes because I looked them up after the episode to confirm what I suspected--that they were going to to something hospitality wise with that place.)

I actually want them to do HHI next.  

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/15/2020 at 5:35 PM, laredhead said:

I love some of the designs, but where I live in south Louisiana, those low roof line shapes would be a disaster in our heavy rains, especially the "butterfly" roof.

Form over function, man!  If leaking roofs are good enough for Frank Lloyd Wright, they're good enough for me.

13 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I'm gonna be the turd in the punch bowl and admit that I think these "comedian" episodes are fucking awful. I missed the first two and thought "oh no, I'm gonna have to see if they're on demand", and then I watched one. Realized I could just delete it from the dvr. Whitney Cummings - watched about five minutes and couldn't get any further. "His shirt is lilac!" "Have a party house or a carpet - pick a lane!"

I don't want you to have to watch more, but that one did get better.  But that one bugged because I think she was watching the episode on the same computer she was using for the call, which had her WAY too close to the camera too often. 

I love JB Smoove on CYE, thought that one might be better, but good gravy, another quick delete. I was so looking forward to these eps, but didn't laugh once.

I love JB Smoove, too, but I had a feeling he might not thrive in this environment.  He did okay.  I do like the male "host," whoever he is.  I think he really does watch the show, and he's funny.

I've watched all four so far and havin't ("havin't" passes muster on the spell check?!?!) gotten more than a few laugh-out-louds (the mustache periscope a notable exception), but I still like watching with kindred spirits.  Now that I think about it, I think the "host" guy is kind of cute, too. 

And one more gripe - if a professional network is going to produce "new" content, we've lived with Covid for long enough now - there's no excuse for shitty, shouty audio. (I'm also looking at you, Jeff Probst on CBS.)

I don't know anything about Jeff Probst (Survivor??), but YES!  These are a nice lagniappe, but the echo-y audio is too annoying to put up with for more than a couple of episodes.  Stop shouting!!!

Also, nobody picked on the guy with the wonky eye.  I guess that's out of bounds?  But making fun of the realtor's baby face isn't?

An old boyfriend of mine woke up one day and one of his eyes had suddenly crossed--looked like the HH's.  The eye doc said to put a patch on it and wait it out, and it did indeed uncross after a couple of months.  The tragic thing is that he was a 9th grade health teacher, and the LAST thing a 9th grade health teacher wants is to have to choose between presenting himself to those hyenas as a cross-eyed person or a pirate.

Fortunately, it was near the end of the semester, so there was only about a week of that, and then summer.  At one point we went to New York City and there, the patch was kind of bad ass. 

Still, I found it unnerving to watch that HH driving.  Watch the road!  Oh, wait.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I liked the Waco episode last night, and it was old enough that I thought they picked the modern one with the second story bedroom.   Oops!   I guess it's been so long since I watched it the first time, that I forgot which one they picked.   I liked the comments, and agree the roommate who was paying nothing really wanted everything his way.     For a taller shower, they could have switched out to a handheld shower head, that would have been much taller when in the holder.      Sadly, my DVR refused to tape the second episode, so I'll never see that one.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

I liked the Waco episode last night, and it was old enough that I thought they picked the modern one with the second story bedroom.   Oops!     

Whitney Cummings was having trouble with the accents.  In that house, she heard "second" living room as "stack-in" living room and wondered what that was, if it was a Texas thing.  Then in the third house, she was asking what "peeky peeky" is, and it was "picky picky." 

And I loved her observation about the third house with the brick wall--you could do comedy there.  And the thing about how barn doors are terrible for winning an argument because you can't slam them, and Dan's illustration of how that would work.

I liked the comments, and agree the roommate who was paying nothing really wanted everything his way.    

During the bit at the end, the roommate says, "I compromised on the size of the house" and before I could yell out myself, Natasha Leggero exasperatedly said, "You didn't compromise!  It's not your house!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I'm watching the comedians commentary on the two men who are arguing constantly (Chris and D'mitri) in Atlanta.   The commenters are say everything we all posted when this originally aired.  I'm guessing a lot of the disagreements, and differing demands are producer driven, because they're apparently still together, and happy.  I would have bought the second house for the gigantic closet, because they need the space.   I love how the comedians keep laughing about the 'entertain' statement in every room, that's the standard on this show.  I seriously love D'mitri, and would love to know both of the house hunters in real life. because they seem really nice.    This is the episode where the man proposes at the end of the episode.   

The second episode about the people who want a house to match their bird house.    No, I'm not kidding about that.    The guest commenter, Whitney Cummings is hysterical.    The Fairfield, Connecticut house hunt is so funny.  The real estate agent is George Papageorge (not sure of the spelling).   

This is the one where the fiance/husband wants a slack line to stretch between two trees, and he apparently hasn't ever tried it.   Good thing he wants to put it in the front yard at the first house, because that way someone will see him fall, and call an ambulance.  Note to realtor, no dark stains on the hardwood will not just buff out, they have to be sanded out, and probably part of the floor replaced.    Note to picky homebuyer, in a 2 bed, 1 bath home, you're not getting a free standing tub in a colonial era house.   If the homebuyer keeps whining because the house doesn't look like her birdhouse, I'm going to scream.     

However, the realtor saying they can paint the cabinets in house number two is wrong.   She wants to rip out a cast iron tub, because she doesn't want to soak in a used tub.    I really hate her.     So this house doesn't have slack lining capable trees, isn't close to the beach, so that's why you get so much more house for the price.   

House number 3 is a Cape Cod, so maybe it will match her birdhouse when they repaint the entire house.    The dining room on the back is a converted sun porch and I bet it's hot in summer, and cold in winter.      I guess the free standing tub sold it, but the hand held shower faucet means that there is no shower.  The radiators, and window air conditioning means no central anything.    I bet it's a boiler fired heat, and they can be tremendously expensive to replace.   It's also by the water, and close to the train, and the Cape Cod upstairs is too low for him.    So they bought the first house, that needs tremendous amounts of updates.   I loathed both of these house hunters.   

• Love 4