Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Amongst other things, most trailer/RV parks won't allow them to park there

Any ideas as to why parks don’t want tiny homes?  I am guessing something to do with their structure/build?  Of course, if the park owners don’t want to put up with the hipster tiny house owners, I can totally understand.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I recall that in the 80s my mother was travelling the country in a motor home that was not one of the huge very expensive ones and there were parks that would not allow her to park in them because they had a length requirement. My assumption was that they were trying to keep out the riff raff in smaller RVs and campers and cater to the higher end folks who could afford those montrously expensive long RVs. I mean they can't really legally just decide not to allow folks who don't look 'right' so the length thing served them well. I imagine the tiny home restriction may serve a similar purpose. Also, most have a time limit on visitors so are not permitting longer term use and tiny homes are not something you'd want to move every two weeks. And I imagine they have different kinds of hookups or may be unreliable in their design regarding waste and water and electricity usage since there are not, as far as I know, any set standards for building them. 

I don't know this but I imagine they don't necessarily age well either.

In my area they are building tiny homes for homeless housing developments but they don't have plumbing -- the community has a shared kitchen and bathroom area and has onsite supervision etc. It's for people who are trying to get on their feet and has other services and a time limit on living there. To me that is a perfect use for tiny homes.

I thought the whole idea of tiny homes was to have a smaller footprint and being ecological etc. Moving one around the country like an RV and using all that gas to pull it everywhere constantly would be a lot of wear and tear and negate the whole ecological aspect of the thing IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Ithaca: I looked up their website, and they rent the mansion for $1000/night (accommodates up to 14 people). The carriage house has two rental units. I don’t understand why they don’t rent individual rooms in the main house. The whole premise of this episode had me scratching my head. They have a business and a beautiful house with a hobby farm in PA (are they selling that or renting it out?), but the HHs decide to move to Ithaca  to relive their college days and run the business “long distance” then decide to run a B&B, too? All sounds fishy to me! 🤨

• Love 10

Did not like the Ithaca wife at all. Her comment “ I could care less what he says”, was so off putting to me.  She comes off as spoiled and totally bitchy.  Her constant comment “I don’t really care” when it came to what she wanted just made her seem so nasty.  I just can’t see why the huge house needed so many renovations, it looked really so nice to me. And her attitude about money was also maddening, like she’s so uppity about having no money problems.  And of course, she has to gut the kitchen——whomever updated the kitchen was stupid because it didn’t fit the house.  

I have the feeling they were planning on a B & B all along. 

• Love 11

I was surprised at the choice in the Ithaca episode, and thought they were going to purchase the new build with the timber frame construction.  I'm not sure I would like to live in a timber frame house because of all the surfaces that can collect dust, and before they were finished touring it, all I could see were all those beams and wood.  Yes, they are lovely houses, but I guess just not for me.

The Ithaca house is gorgeous, and they said it had been the home of all the presidents of Cornell for the past 80 years.  In my city, the college president's house is used for entertaining constantly, even though the president lives there.  Living in a nice house for free is a perk of the job.  A commercial style kitchen is a must for caterers.  I'm thinking the upkeep on the house became very expensive and the college decided to divest itself of that investment.  

The couple must own something like a Kindercare style child care business to be able to afford their lifestyle because that house is going to require serious maintenance to remain beautiful.  As for renting rooms inside the house, I wouldn't want to stay there with all of those children running around.  The final scene where the little girl is noisily glomping down the stairs would be enough to deter me.  Renting the downstairs for events leaves them with their family space upstairs where they can retreat to for a few hours, and then they have the run of the house after the event.  I'm sure they have a staff of a few people to keep it clean inside and outside, and caterers also bring their helpers for events.  They probably employ someone to cook for the B&B guests as well.  They evidently have the means to live this lifestyle.

I have enjoyed the Ithaca episodes recently, and now I want to visit there in late summer or fall.

• Love 1

So I went to the college that is the *actual* “rival” of Ithaca College and this lady was like 100% the poster child for IC - 50% haughty that she went to school in Ithaca and 50% huge chip on her shoulder because it wasn’t actually Cornell 😂😂😂 

the house was gorgeous but going to be a crazy amount of upkeep and they were shady as anything so it was an interesting episode

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I'd never be able to have a B&B or rent rooms in a gorgeous Victorian like the Ithaca house.  I just wouldn't want to share it.  The charm of living in a big old house is being able to move freely from room to room.  "What bedroom shall I sleep in tonight?"

Wife's attitude was really immature.  Most of us stop pretending like that when we're 12.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I mean they can't really legally just decide not to allow folks who don't look 'right' so the length thing served them well. I imagine the tiny home restriction may serve a similar purpose.

They do it now with the 10-year rule:  the RV park will allow only RVs that are no more than 10 years old.  That could be a problem for people who pour a bunch of money into restoring an older RV, or (like me) have a 15-year-old motorhome that isn't an eyesore (well, from a certain distance).  Some parks will waive the 10-year rule if you send them a picture, or if you just show up and they take a look at it in person.

16 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Also, most have a time limit on visitors so are not permitting longer term use and tiny homes are not something you'd want to move every two weeks.

I wish!  So many commercial RV parks are now full of permanent residents that it's getting very hard for traveling people to get a spot.  State and federal campgrounds often have a 2-week limit, but then you have to deal with the rowdy "camping" crowd.

18 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

Any ideas as to why parks don’t want tiny homes?  I am guessing something to do with their structure/build?  Of course, if the park owners don’t want to put up with the hipster tiny house owners, I can totally understand.

Snort.  Me too!  But then I think, "Well, the same could be said about people of various races," but then I remember the hipsters choose to be that way.

You know how if you want to build a house, you have to comply with building codes?  For recreational vehicles, the "building codes" are done by RVIA (RV Industry Association).  The manufacturers build their RVs in accordance with those codes, and are subject to inspections by RVIA. 

Some RV parks require units to be RVIA certified.  They typically don't ask, because if you see a Winnebago, you know it's RVIA certified.  But if you see some sort of home-brew school bus conversion, you can't know if it was built to any standards at all, and some of them could affect others, like sketchy wiring that catches on fire. 

And nowadays, you have the same thing for a tiny house on wheels, so RVIA certification can be at least a little assurance that the tiny house or skoolie conversion was built to some standards.

It might also be a way for them to keep out things that don't look like all the other RVs there.  Or maybe keeping people from paying for a site and living in their car instead of a tent. 

Now, there is a way for tiny houses to get an RVIA certification, but it'll cost money and it might alter the build.  From what I can tell, people might opt for RVIA certification just for resale purposes (but that would be forward thinking that is not generally present in tiny house owners).  There might also be insurance or financing issues for a rolling structure that doesn't fit into the definition of an RV via RVIA certification.

• Useful 7

Is this spoiled, bitchy wives week?  Another pain in the butt wife in Minneapolis who wants everything perfect NOW!!!  I hope her real estate mom realizes what kind of child she raised.  What was interesting is that her mom seemed to side with the husband.  Spoiled baby was stupid to want to live so far in the suburbs where an hour commute in winter could turn into 90 minutes or longer.  But in the end, I was happy the husband prevailed——although we all know all the crap was producer driven.

• Love 16

I hated the Minneapolis wife from the second she opened her mouth. She only allots her husband ten minutes to use the bathroom? WTF? He's grown.

8 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I hope her real estate mom realizes what kind of child she raised.  What was interesting is that her mom seemed to side with the husband.

I think she did, and she was embarrassed. The way she said something like "Working with my daughter has had ... its challenges" was telling, as was the way she said "Megan is about Megan." And when she told her to "quit being so dramatic about paint," I was like, "Okay Mom!" (in a good way). When the wife said she didn't have time to paint, I thought, so you outsource it over a few weekends, damn.

I was thinking about dealing with the snow in the second suburban (that looked exurban to me) house. Not only dealing with driving since they both worked downtown, but also dealing with clearing out the driveway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
51 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I hated the Minneapolis wife from the second she opened her mouth.

Which is why I didn't last until the end, so I didn't see which house they chose.  So it's nice they didn't choose the one far out in the suburbs (actually, I'd call it the exurbs).

• Love 3

Is this spoiled, bitchy wives week?  Another pain in the butt wife in Minneapolis who wants everything perfect NOW!!!  I hope her real estate mom realizes what kind of child she raised.  What was interesting is that her mom seemed to side with the husband.  

A lot of these "princess" women seem to sadly be raised by similar "princess" Moms, so this was a head scratcher!  Mom seemed as irritated by her as anyone would be.  I don't know which is worse, to actually just be that bad, or have been raised to be that bad, or have decided it's "cute" to be that bad.  Yuck all the way around.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Which is why I didn't last until the end, so I didn't see which house they chose.  So it's nice they didn't choose the one far out in the suburbs (actually, I'd call it the exurbs).

That house had a prefab shower/tub combo.  Surprised that she didn't balk at that feature.

• Love 5

Again, my list of the most obnoxious women on HH has grown by one with the Minneapolis woman.  Good grief, she was unreal.  How on earth did her husband ever think she was a person he would want to spend his life with.  I could not live with being criticized daily for everything, which seems to be his life.  If they are planning to have children, I hope she mellows a bit before they have children, if they get that far.  

There were some huge differences between all of those houses.  I wonder why at least 2 of them weren't more alike.  The older house certainly was never going to be a viable option, IMO, and although I like older houses, it had some problems that were going to cost a lot of $$ to fix.  The house way out in the country was OK, but I didn't see anything that would make me lust after it.  The mother was correct about driving to and from the city daily in all types of weather.  I can imagine that would be a long, nightmarish commute when it snows heavily.

The condo was so-so, and not that big.  It did look better with lighter colors on the wall.   

• Love 5

Last night's couple moving from a houseboat to a real house in Tennessee:  I found them pretty likeable; realistic budget, realistic expectations.  They also seemed to be able to tease one another about their quirks in a funny and not unkind way.  And good lord!  What the heck was she doing with those scarves at the end?  That woman is limber!  I also kinda fell in love with the blind pug with the collar with the 'bumper' to prevent him from walking into stuff. 

The houses, on the other hand, were nothing to write home about.  That prefab, 'brand new' place looked like it was made of cardboard and would collapse in a heavy wind.  No matter how tight the budget, there is no way anyone should ever live in that shack.  The property they bought was gorgeous, the house standing on it was not.  However, they were realistic, understood that they couldn't get their dream home at their price point and were willing to do the work and wait and save to get what they wanted.  So very unlike the Minneapolis woman who insisted that the first home they bought must be their 'forever' home and anything less was off the table.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

And good lord!  What the heck was she doing with those scarves at the end?  That woman is limber!  

It's called aerial silks. My daughter took some classes a few years ago. She liked it, but didn't stick with it long enough to get really good at it. But it was a class for beginners to experts, so I got to observe what people could really do. And you're right-they are really limber, and don't get me started on what it does for the core strength!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I loved the Gallatin episode.  The couple was such a 180 change from the Minneapolis couple the night before.  They were pleasant, and while each one might have wanted something different, they were civil to each other, and discussed their differences rationally.  Please show more people like this.  I don't enjoy watching conflict over houses for 30 minutes.  My brother lived on several acres just outside of Gallatin for 15 years, and their property was beautiful.  Lovely area of the country.  

The manufactured housing option was so awful, and I couldn't see how it could have been made better other than buy tearing it down.  I'd love to see them on a future WATN episode if HH ever brings back that option.  By now they have many they could show. 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, laredhead said:

I'd love to see them on a future WATN episode if HH ever brings back that option.  By now they have many they could show. 

Heck, I'd like to see them get their own show.  They were both cute as heck, and funny.  I wanted to spend more time with them.

• Love 6

I just finished watching the Gallitan,TN episode and I agree with all of y'all, they were a great couple and they actually listened to each other!

7 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Gallatin: What was the deal with the hoop thing the pug was wearing?

15 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I also kinda fell in love with the blind pug with the collar with the 'bumper' to prevent him from walking into stuff. 

Thank you @doodlebug for explaining to us "non-dog people".

• Love 3

The Tennessee woman wasn't too bad, but at one point she walked into a room and declared it would make her brain explode. I told my husband, well, at least it won't be a big explosion.

That houseboat they were living on must have been a piece of crap (pun intended) having a composting toilet. Every boat we've ever owned had a holding tank for the toilet that gets pumped out.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Gallatin: How would a hoop over its head keep the pug from bumping into things. My cat Aemon Targaryen is totally blind and gets around with no problems. It’s amazing really. BTW, I found the couple “meh.”

Here's an ad for a similar device.  In short, the hoop sticks out in front of the dog to keep it from bumping into stuff.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SUPERHOMUSE-Pet-Safe-Halo-Harness-For-Blind-Dogs-Soft-Protective-Vest-Ring-For-Dogs-Prevent-Collide-Wall/323721006?wmlspartner=wmtlabs&adid=22222222222309333277&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=e&wl1=o&wl2=c&wl3=74904338494854&wl4=pla-4578503886836567&wl5=&wl6=&wl7=& wl10=Walmart&wl12=323721006_10001024290&wl14=protective collar for blind dogs&veh=sem

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

The Arizona woman was really out of touch with regards to what kind of property she could get for $200K in high end Scottsdale. And like the realtor, I really didn’t understand what she wanted to do with the condo——move to Az permanently or use it as an investment.  And what kind of architecture did she expect to find in Az, Cape Cod?  Almost everything is Southwest and stucco. Since she chose the Tempe condo, I’m guessing that she won’t be residing at the condo very often.  And, as a former Arizona resident, I wanted to scream at the TV that people don’t generally put blow up mattresses on the floor due to scorpions.  At my house in East Scottsdale, I averaged 3 to 4 scorpions a month in my house. They are nasty creatures.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6

KLovestoShop, I wondered about her intentions with that second house as well.  She wanted a walk in closet for all of her shoes and purses.  If you are going to rent the place, unless you install a good lock on the master bedroom suite, then you are going to have to remove all of your personal belongings when you aren't there.

I did agree about the first place with all of the tile that looked (and was) like floor tile on all surfaces.   That place needed some serious updating.  Tile is cooler in that hot climate, but that tile was really not attractive and looked like the cheapest thing that could be bought.

I wonder how often her job will let her escape from the cold weather and enjoy the Arizona heat?  Plane tickets aren't cheap unless you can catch some Southwest bargains.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

The Arizona woman was really out of touch with regards to what kind of property she could get for $200K in high end Scottsdale. And like the realtor, I really didn’t understand what she wanted to do with the condo——move to Az permanently or use it as an investment.  And what kind of architecture did she expect to find in Az, Cape Cod?  Almost everything is Southwest and stucco. 

She also kept talking about grass, and I kept thinking "This is the desert."

I was confused about how she could spend the winter in AZ since she has a full-time job, but maybe she has the flexibility to work from anywhere.

Her realtor couldn't stand her. I thought it was funny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, laredhead said:

Plane tickets aren't cheap unless you can catch some Southwest bargains.

Don’t forget the cost of a ticket for her dog, as well.  Unless she is going to pass it off as a “support” animal.

i would think prime time to rent out a house in AZ would be in the winter - the same time she and her family members want to be there.  Is there much of a rental market in summer in that area?  (I am assuming she was talking about Airbnb/VRBO rentals, not people who are renting for a few months until they buy a house/get transferred, etc.)

• Love 1

My guess is the place she bought near the baseball stadium will be an investment, and she'll never even visit.     The spring training league will be there winter, and Spring, and that only leaves the Summer, and late fall for rentals.     I doubt there is a rental market in Summer, and Fall is probably a little early for the snow birds.   If she wants to do short term vacation rentals, she'll have to fully furnish it, and could also do corporate rentals where the term is longer, but it's still fully furnished. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is the place she bought near the baseball stadium will be an investment, and she'll never even visit.     The spring training league will be there winter, and Spring, and that only leaves the Summer, and late fall for rentals.     I doubt there is a rental market in Summer, and Fall is probably a little early for the snow birds.   If she wants to do short term vacation rentals, she'll have to fully furnish it, and could also do corporate rentals where the term is longer, but it's still fully furnished. 

I don't understand the allure of an investment hundreds of miles away from where one lives - but then I don't understand the allure of a vacation home one must fly to. Of course if one is wealthy enough to fly private but I don't understand how it makes sense for the average person especially when their stated purpose is to relax - seems as though there are way more relaxing things to do..

All of the choices in her price range were pretty terrible. Is there really a short term rental in Arizona for ugly condos without amenities especially a pool. I understand how living across from the baseball place would mean that it would be rented but otherwise I can't imagine who the market would be. There was another HH show awhile ago where the couple was similarly looking for cheap homes someplace in Arizona with some kind of delusional view that there would be a market for a cheap ugly tract home in the middle of nowhere.

I also didn't understand her concern for the dog - was she planning on flying the dog for the weekend. That's a huge undertaking.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I bet with all of the teams, support staff, and fans, there is a great market during baseball spring training, and that starts early in the year.     Plus, I don't know when the state government does a lot of their business, but I'm sure it's a rental market for that too.    I think a lot of the people on here, or the International edition, are buying investment places, and that's why they worry more about location, than somewhere they would want to live.   Plus, for short term remember the pro and college teams, where you could rent out a week at a time, and make a lot of money.    I think that's what the other one that was out of town, without neighbors, for rentals for football weekends, and there would be a lot of parties there too.  

That's what I think the townhouse in Arizona was for, investment for corporate or weekly or monthly rentals.    If she would have been looking to rent for summer, then she wouldn't have turned down the last place, that only allowed six month rentals or longer.    I think the one she picked was the best choice out of the three they had on the show.  

• Love 1

AZ: Everyone has pretty much covered the bizarreness of that episode. The HH (invest in some shampoo and a hairbrush, hon) claimed to be a “mortgage banker” but seemed clueless about what her small budget would get in that area. The desert is no place for grass, but if that was so important for the dog couldn’t she get rid of some of those rocks and put in a few pieces of sod? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 10/15/2019 at 3:22 AM, KLovestoShop said:

Did not like the Ithaca wife at all. Her comment “ I could care less what he says”, was so off putting to me.  She comes off as spoiled and totally bitchy.  Her constant comment “I don’t really care” when it came to what she wanted just made her seem so nasty.  I just can’t see why the huge house needed so many renovations, it looked really so nice to me. And her attitude about money was also maddening, like she’s so uppity about having no money problems.  And of course, she has to gut the kitchen——whomever updated the kitchen was stupid because it didn’t fit the house.  

I have the feeling they were planning on a B & B all along. 

This couple was wack...the husband was a pushover and so passive it was maddening. The wife was one of the worst I've ever seen on a HH show...what a spoiled, entitled brat. I knew from the get go she was going to get her way and they would buy that victorian monstrosity and be "innkeepers" despite her wimpy husband's protestations. Her dismissiveness of her husband's opinions and financial concerns was disgraceful and emasculating. I had a hard time trying to understand their need to move back to their college town but keep their PA home and work their business from Ithaca...what about the upheaval of their kids from their schools to a new place and leaving the animals they clearly love behind? Just so they can relive their college days and the husband's frat life? The wife's whole demeanor was one of someone who has never been denied anything...ever. I bet the hubby's frat brothers couldn't stand her...he needs to grow a pair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, amarante said:

All of the choices in her price range were pretty terrible. Is there really a short term rental in Arizona for ugly condos without amenities especially a pool. I understand how living across from the baseball place would mean that it would be rented but otherwise I can't imagine who the market would be. There was another HH show awhile ago where the couple was similarly looking for cheap homes someplace in Arizona with some kind of delusional view that there would be a market for a cheap ugly tract home in the middle of nowhere.

I was thinking of that episode as well- is there something we’re missing?

• Love 1

I cheated, and looked at realtor.    With her requirements, (2 bed, 2 bath, 1,000 sq ft or more), and budget, there are a lot of other choices.    I think the fact she wanted to do vacation or short term rentals eliminates a ton of places though.   I bet she wanted Tempe, for the baseball rentals, and the Scottsdale demand was a story line because that's where the realtor had other places to show.     

The one she picked was very nice, and I think it will be very easy to rent, because of the location.   She just needs to either change the tubs to showers, and get rid of the hideous tub curtains.   (I hope I have the right house with the awful tubs).     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I cheated, and looked at realtor.    With her requirements, (2 bed, 2 bath, 1,000 sq ft or more), and budget, there are a lot of other choices.    I think the fact she wanted to do vacation or short term rentals eliminates a ton of places though.   I bet she wanted Tempe, for the baseball rentals, and the Scottsdale was a story line because that's where the realtor had other places to show.     

The one she picked was very nice, and I think it will be very easy to rent, because of the location.   She just needs to either change the tubs to showers, and get rid of the hideous tub curtains.   (I hope I have the right house with the awful tubs).     

There often seem to be better choices in most of these except in cities with insanely high real estate prices. I realize that everyone who doesn't have complete unlimited funds has to compromise but some of the compromises - at least for me - make a home really uninhabitable. Not having a bathroom on the same level as a bedroom would be a deal breaker. Older people down sizing into homes with master bedrooms on the second floor - deal breaker. 

I just watched a HH International episode in Nassau where the budget was $450,000 and the aim was also for short term rentals. The woman chose a place with no pool and no views that was fairly dinky and about $75,000 below budget. The other option was a $500,000 PH with killer views and a pool but the frontage was not a swimming budget. Surely in all of Nassau there must have been an attractive two bedroom condo for $450,000 with a pool, reasonable view and reasonably close to the ocean. As with the Arizona people, don't people who vacation in hot places want a pool as part of the package? 

The Tempe apartment did have shower curtains in front of the shower doors. That is actually a thing because people now find old frosted shower doors framed with brass to be "ugly" so they cover them with shower curtains. Not that I would do so and those shower curtains were NOT an aesthetic improvement over the old shower doors anyway. 

Edited by amarante
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They have the Arizona fall league for minor league players, which is pretty popular, so she might even rent to a couple of players who don't want to live in a hotel.  Summer is an impossible time to rent in Az.  My aunt used to have a small condo in Scottsdale that she rented, and never got one booking in 6 years of ownership during the summer months.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, amarante said:

I also didn't understand her concern for the dog - was she planning on flying the dog for the weekend. That's a huge undertaking.

That's something I don't get either.  I LOVE all the dogs I've ever had, but I'd never purchase a home based on them.  Last night, on HHI, there was a woman, who had a 14 year old dog, who was buying in Nassau.  She didn't purchase the condo that would have been the very best investment for her (another person who's buying with rental in mind) because of the dog.  Sorry, but at 14 years old, that dog should not have been her main concern in a purchase.  The place she chose wasn't on the water, didn't have a water view, but she purchased it because the dog would love the two balconies.  The place she should have chosen was the condo, the absolutely beautiful one, with amazing water views  with a very beautiful interior.  It would have rented for a lot more than the place she purchased.  But she complained that it would just be too hard on her to have to take the dog on an elevator to poo and pee.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

That's something I don't get either.  I LOVE all the dogs I've ever had, but I'd never purchase a home based on them.  Last night, on HHI, there was a woman, who a 14 year old dog, who was buying in Nassau.  She didn't purchase the condo that would have been the very best investment for her (another person who's buying with rental in mind) because of the dog.  Sorry, but at 14 years old, that dog should not have been her main concern in a purchase.  The place she chose wasn't on the water, didn't have a water view, but she purchased it because the dog would love the two balconies.  The place she should have chose was the condo, the absolutely beautiful one, with amazing water views  with a very beautiful interior.  It would have rented for a lot more than the place she purchased.  But she complained that it would just be too hard on her to have to take the dog on an elevator to poo and pee.  

That one was especially crazy to me - is one really going to subject an elderly dog to exhausting plane trips. I would imagine the dog would be happier being left at home with a friend or even a dog sitter. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, amarante said:

That one was especially crazy to me - is one really going to subject an elderly dog to exhausting plane trips.

Plus there are restrictions on shipping live animals depending on the temperature. 

And the airlines are cracking down on "emotional support animals" - a concept that has gotten way out of control so she'd be wise not to try that scam.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, answerphone said:

The blonde woman in Florida with the hat was so crazy I couldn't even watch the entire episode. 🤠

They key west lady?  There was something off about her!  Hated the hats, and she was strangely overly made up on top (hair and makeup) yet wearing schlumpy, baggy, unflattering clothes. (Except the dress at the end, that was nice). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The Naples wife is going to have a breakdown when her sons have girlfriends or wives and want to spend a holiday with the in-laws. She was too much. And I am guessing the Naples husband/wife enjoyed sex in the hot tub? She talked about enjoying it while naked and then said--believe me, he (the husband) wants lots of privacy in the hot tub. Ok....ick. Also, not buying that the husband (urological surgeon) routinely works 100 hour weeks. If he works primarily M-F, that is 20 hours a day.

The agent's voice. Omg. I feel like we have seen her before.

• Love 10

Pickles, yes the Florida agent has been on this show before, and I think it involved her selling a house that needed a lot of renovation to a couple who supposedly had no intention of doing major renovations.

The Florida wife needs to face reality and get a life that doesn't revolve around her grown children.  I thought the doctor was a "neurological surgeon", but unless he operates daily, I doubt he works 100 hours a week.  I will say that the lunch Caprese salad she was making looked better than so many of the bought veggie trays or scoops of mac & cheese we so often see in these episodes.  Yes, I pay attention to the food details - lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

The agent's voice. Omg.

LORD, it was horrible. And her foundation was too light - she looked like she was wearing a mask, or like her head was bolted on. Also, I would be mad if my realtor showed me a house half a million dollars more than I wanted to spend because I was "approved for it." What I'm approved for is whatever; I told you I wanted to spend $x, so show me stuff in that price range.

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

The Naples wife is going to have a breakdown when her sons have girlfriends or wives and want to spend a holiday with the in-laws. She was too much.

I kept thinking that she sounds like the MIL from hell. She's also going to freak out the first time one of them refers to anything other than her house as "home" - which will probably happen soon, since they weren't raised in this new house. My mother's house is my mother's house (my divorced parents sold the house we grew up in when we left home - it was ridiculous for my mother to be there alone). If her husband works 100 hours a week (unlikely, though I could see 70-80) and her kids are gone, she's probably bored.

• Love 9