Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Empress1 said:

You can also tell that sometimes they're designed with fashion over function in mind, which for me would be a no-go (I'm an avid home cook).

Well don't even get me started on the whole stupid issue of fashion over function.

As posted, I just finished a gut remodel of the kitchen and I made a lot of design choices that were driven by aesthetics but I also knew exactly what I needed/wanted to improve functionality. 

I will often stop my DVR on the kitchen and marvel at how cheaply the kitchen has been built or remodeled but it's white Shaker with white counters LOL.

There have also been a couple of episodes recently where the realtor blithely talks about how inexpensive it would be to remodel the kitchen. There is nothing like doing your own remodel to realize that there is no way I would buy a house that had been remodeled because there are so many ways that the remodeler cheaped out when doing the job to maximize profit.

This is especially egregious when they talk about painting wood cabinets as if you just slap a coat of paint over them. Repainting wood cabinets properly is either expensive (if you source it to a professional who does a good job) or incredibly time consuming since you need to remove all the doors - sand, sand sand them - prime and paint them in an environment reasonably clear of dust and bugs :-). Otherwise you will get a crap job that looks terrible and will chip like hell. Repainting kitchen cabinets properly by a professional is surprisingly expensive - it can be $7000 or more depending on size and where you are located in terms of labor costs.

Aside of course from also knowing how cheap most of the finishes these people ooh and aah over are. I think it was the Tennessee episode where the female HH questioned why the shower/tub wasn't tile and the realtor said how much better the crappy fiberglass or acrylic insert was. Never mentioning that a good tile shower is much more expensive - ask me how I know having just finished a gut remodel of two bathrooms with tile showers in which the crappy ugly acrylic inserts were gotten rid of :-).

Edited by amarante
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I can't even feel sorry for Chicago husband because he knew she was high maintenance before he married her.  She seemed to think she was all that.  Couldn't stand her.  

She was insufferable. The baby was adorable though.

• Love 5

I can't even feel sorry for Chicago husband because he knew she was high maintenance before he married her.  She seemed to think she was all that.  Couldn't stand her.  

I always marvel at these chill, good looking, seemingly nice and intelligent men who are stuck with these spoiled brat grown-ass women (we've seen more than our fair share on HH's!!).  Who are these guys?  All the men in my life would spend five minutes with one of these idiots and tell them to get lost.  The women seem to always think this behavior is somehow "cute".  Maybe there are men who do too?  Exhausting.

Even if you want new construction or a home is not your particular taste, can't you still appreciate it for what it is?  Her whining during the tour of the older home was inexcusable.  Nobody is going to force you to live there, can't you make a nice comment about the wood beams?  Geesh.  Too much for her to have a moment of being pleasant. Gotta show everyone how spoiled you and you always get your way.  

Why would anyone actively desire to be seen like this?

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

The women seem to always think this behavior is somehow "cute".

The other thing these women seem to have in common is they often brag at the end of the program that they "won" or "got their way" as if that proves their ideas were better.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, chessiegal said:

If you click on the link I provided above for the Chicago wife and read her blog, it provides everything you need to know about her royal highness and her entitled behavior.

Yeah, she is even more insufferable online, if that were possible.  Very impressed with herself for no good reason.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm going to echo someone else's earlier comment about not understanding her needing a beautiful kitchen to take food pictures, and say that not one of the pictures I saw on her blog look like they needed more than 2 square feet of counter space.  I saw no kitchen background at all.  I'm old, and obviously out of touch with what is now considered a necessity of life.   

• Love 6
On 10/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, chessiegal said:

Found her royal highness of food blogging. She has experience working in magazine publishing.

Soo Park

Thanks for the link - I briefly skimmed which was enough to satisfy my prurient interest in what she was peddling.

As posted above, the supreme irony is that none of the photos illustrating her recipes show anything other than a plate of food - she could be photographing them in a builder grade formica kitchen from the 1980's (oh the horrors LOL) for all it would matter.

Not to be repetitive, but the fantastic retro stove and what was probably a Big Chill refrigerator would have given her far more respect for someone of actual taste versus someone who went with the completely banal and ubiquitous white on white kitchen - especially since her actual kitchen really was not that of someone who appreciated great kitchen design and functionality.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, chessiegal said:

If you click on the link I provided above for the Chicago wife and read her blog, it provides everything you need to know about her royal highness and her entitled behavior.

That picture of her is obviously not recent.

• Love 2

Found another site on the entitled Chicago diva:  Soo Park Eng.  She goes to restaurants and gourmet food stores and tries their food and writes her blog.  It's her own business so she can do whatever she likes.  Don't think that the Trib would hire her.

• Love 2

Last night's episode had me yelling, yet again, at one of the HH's.  The wife was insisting on a large laundry area where she could put a sofa or big chair so she could read and have her "sanctuary" while she did laundry.  In the reveal, you could hear her tell her husband that she was going downstairs for an hour to do laundry.  Yet, when he wanted a space to decompress at the end of the day, she was having none of that.  I guess if he had worked on a household chore in that decompressing area, that might have been ok (sarcasm).  I get the desire to have your family members close, especially after she described her childhood where the family never ate together.  However, everyone needs their own space IMO.  The husband wasn't saying he was going to avoid the family and eat in his man cave all the time.  It just drives me nuts when HH's harp on total 100% togetherness.  

Since the house they chose was so under budget, they can always add on.  Not a word was said about the 1-1/2 bath situation.  All they said was the master bathroom was in an odd place.  It wasn't really the master bathroom.  It was sort of a Jack and Jill bathroom that all of the 3 bedrooms had to use.  The 1/2 bath was on a different floor.  I would guess the husband probably ended up with that while all of the females had the large bathroom.    

And for my last dig, the 2nd house was not a colonial style.  She went on and on about wanting a grand colonial house with columns, and they drive up to a 2-story brick with no columns, and no colonial features and she exclaims it's a colonial.  Would someone please give these HH's a book on architectural styles before they are sent out into the HH world and start declaring they want a craftsman or Victorian style, and then couldn't ID one of those if it bit them.

• Love 9

Chessiegal, I was wrong about saying that the 2nd house was not a colonial style.  I just looked up the definition, and realized that since I'm in the deep south, the colonial style I know is what is called "southern colonial".  This is the definition - "Southern Colonies during the Colonial period. ... It is defined by the Barron's Real Estate Dictionary as " a large, Early American style, 2- or 3-story frame house with a characteristic colonnade extending across the front".  I never realized there are geographic differences in that style.  All I have ever seen described that way have columns, and porches, and balconies.  Thank you for pointing that out.  See, this forum can be educational too - lol.

Edited by laredhead
  • Love 6

This is a colonial built by William Paca in the 1760s in Annapolis. He was a wealthy man, and 1 of the 4 Marylanders who signed the Declaration of Independence. Annapolis is full of much more modest colonials built around the same time. Those colonials are built like house #2, and are still being built today.

williampacahouse.png

• Love 1

What did the Michigan wife on last night's episode have against storage space? Get rid of the cabinet, get rid of the closet, get rid of that nice little storage nook in the kitchen. Was she locked in the closet as a child? Did a cabinet attack her grandmother? Seems to me you NEVER get rid of storage space, there never seems to be enough of it as it is

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Detroit area: Yeah, it annoyed me that the wife wanted her own space but objected when her husband wanted the same for himself. 🙄 Where was their furniture after the “reveal”? I thought she said they had been there a month.

• Love 1

In the end, the Detroit husband got his space and the wife got her laundry room. While I have no idea why anyone needs a couch in a laundry room since one is either actively doing laundry or can be in another room, the reveal did show quite an extensive laundry area set up.

Based on what they actually bought, I think it was just shtick on her part since the actual home they bought reflected his concerns - a sanctuary plus a purchase price well under their budget. The home seemed an appropriate compromise.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, chessiegal said:

In my area of the country, that second house is described in real estate listings as a colonial.

Totally agree.  While it wasn't a Scarlett O'Hara colonial; it was certainly a colonial style that came into vogue in the late 1960's.

• Love 1

Philadelphia couple. They moved into a 4 story rowhome? (5 if you count the rooftop deck). The design of the interior was nice, but that home was extremely narrow. I suppose you could get used it if you lived there long enough, but sheesh.

I love the one husband who kept shooting down his husband about family staying there. No, everyone doesn't have to stay there when they visit from Kentucky. (Kansas?). No, they don't need a huge bedroom--they're staying in a guest room, not the Presidential suite. And my favorite was him saying that if the guest room is small, maybe they won't stay too long. 

But the real estate agent had a really loud, disturbing laugh. I felt like I was watching a clip from "Joker." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I remembered the Philly couple from their first stint on the show. I was trying to figure out where the second house, the one outside the city, is. I think the first house was in South Philly; the realtor said the third one was in Point Breeze, which is also in South Philly (and gentrifying rapidly). I hated the reclaimed wood wall in the third house.

• Love 3

I don’t give the Columbus couple more than 3 years after marriage.  The guy is basically screaming “I don’t want to get married”.  When he said he wanted a place to get away, that was a red flag.  This woman is pushing him to do everything.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

1) State capital

2) Ohio State University

Those are important, but even aside from that, Columbus is one of the fastest growing cities in the country, and is now the 14th largest in the US. And the housing market is responding as you would expect (though it's still much more sane here than most of the other cities on that list).

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2019/subcounty-population-estimates.html

I wasn't paying super-close attention, so I'm not sure exactly where they were looking (I don't think they identified any particular neighborhoods or areas within/around Columbus), but there are much nicer-looking houses and neighborhoods for those prices in the Columbus area (IMHO). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The Columbus guy needs to run. The gf was railroading him. Her saying they FINALLY got engaged was telling. She is one of those girls who has a timeline and she is falling behind, so the big push is on to keep up with her married friends. The boyfriend either needs to run or grow a spine.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Pickles said:

The Columbus guy needs to run. The gf was railroading him. Her saying they FINALLY got engaged was telling. She is one of those girls who has a timeline and she is falling behind, so the big push is on to keep up with her married friends. The boyfriend either needs to run or grow a spine.

This was one of those episodes where they revealed way more about their relationship than they probably intended. She wants to be married by a certain time and it doesn't matter to whom. She laid it all out: "I wasn't going to wait another year and a half to get married, and THEN we wait a year to have kids, and another year to buy a house! We'll be 40!" She also basically said she was getting impatient waiting for him to propose so she pushed him into it ("finally," "he waited so long"), and she has to push him into things, which ... take a hint; if you have to push, it's something he probably doesn't want to do (I've never understood why you'd want to marry someone you had to talk into it). It's her world, her dude is just in it. And he doesn't want to get married, and he wants space to "get away" because he doesn't actually like her that much. He is going to live his entire life on her timeline - next it'll be a baby, then a bigger house, then another baby ...

When I used to watch Say Yes to the Dress, there was a woman on it who very clearly wanted to have a wedding and hadn't given any thought to marriage (or to the groom; she spoke about him like a prop. He wasn't shown on the show). It was obvious the second she opened her mouth. She went through trying on dresses, and then at the end of her segment there was a title card saying her fiancé had called off the wedding. At the time I thought, good for him, if he picked up the vibe she was giving out. I thought of that when I watched this episode.

That third house would be an immediate no because of the lack of storage in the kitchen. All open shelving, and not much of it because the space was small? Hard pass.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, sistersledge said:

Why is Columbus so expensive? Those where some ugly homes for around 400k!

As noted, Columbus is a growing city and due to the university, the capital of the state government as well as some big name insurance companies headquartered there (Nationwide); it has a pretty substantial population of young, white collar, upwardly mobile types.

That being said, although it is a large city, that is mainly because there are very few suburbs, the city has annexed many of them over the years.  You can live on a farm-type property and still get downtown in under 30 minutes.  I couldn't tell where they were looking, either, but one can get a very nice home for under 400k within a very reasonable distance from downtown/areas with lots of restaurants and shopping.  They must've wanted something in the most desirable, competitive areas where there isn't a lot of choice because all the yuppies want to live there.  IMO, while Columbus has a lot of nice neighborhoods with good options, there are a lot of areas of town where the housing is downright bland and boring without much character.

• Love 2

Regarding the Columbus couple, no one so far has mentioned her statement that because of the business she is in, she needed only the nicer things in life like granite counters, and a house that impresses people.  Yes, the fiance needs to get out now before that union is legal if he ever wants to have his own life.

The drama of having to buy and house and plan a wedding was manufactured on her part too.  Those are big life stressors by themselves, but combining them makes things worse.  There was no read to try to do both at once, other than to check off boxes on her time line.  As an aside, I just do not understand why weddings have become such a huge production in recent years.  Sounded like the one she was planning was yet another expensive, short lived event that probably not many of their guests will remember in 20 years.  When I got married, my mother ordered the cake (no tasting party existed in 1970).  We sent out simple invites, the reception was in the church meeting hall, and there was no dinner or seating chart.  Refreshments were cake and punch and cookies, and everyone either stood or sat on chairs placed around the room.  Wedding at 2:00 PM, done with everything by 4:00, and we were off on our honeymoon.  Simple and inexpensive.  Some of their wedding expense could have been put toward a house, but I'm sure that wasn't in Miss I Need Nice Things plan.        

Edited by laredhead
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

This was one of those episodes where they revealed way more about their relationship than they probably intended. She wants to be married by a certain time and it doesn't matter to whom. She laid it all out: "I wasn't going to wait another year and a half to get married, and THEN we wait a year to have kids, and another year to buy a house! We'll be 40!" She also basically said she was getting impatient waiting for him to propose so she pushed him into it ("finally," "he waited so long"), and she has to push him into things, which ... take a hint; if you have to push, it's something he probably doesn't want to do (I've never understood why you'd want to marry someone you had to talk into it). It's her world, her dude is just in it. And he doesn't want to get married, and he wants space to "get away" because he doesn't actually like her that much. He is going to live his entire life on her timeline - next it'll be a baby, then a bigger house, then another baby ...

The dude looked miserable, and it wasn't an act.  If he did, indeed, go through with the wedding (I don't feel like looking them up to find out) then he'll also have to deal with her two sisters and the mother-in-law who were sitting around the table with her making wedding plans. 

• Love 3

Re: Columbus couple. I agree with everyone that yes, he appeared miserable.  However, “man-child” was the perfect term for him.  Dude, grow up! He only thought of his own comfort and happiness in life. He didn’t seem to want to make a happy life with her, or anyone else for that matter.  He said, “The life style we live is really fun right now. And I don’t know if I really want to cut back at this point in my life”. That says it all.

• Love 5
On 10/8/2019 at 8:08 AM, laredhead said:

Last night's episode had me yelling, yet again, at one of the HH's.  The wife was insisting on a large laundry area where she could put a sofa or big chair so she could read and have her "sanctuary" while she did laundry.  In the reveal, you could hear her tell her husband that she was going downstairs for an hour to do laundry.  Yet, when he wanted a space to decompress at the end of the day, she was having none of that.  I guess if he had worked on a household chore in that decompressing area, that might have been ok (sarcasm).  I get the desire to have your family members close, especially after she described her childhood where the family never ate together.  However, everyone needs their own space IMO.  The husband wasn't saying he was going to avoid the family and eat in his man cave all the time.  It just drives me nuts when HH's harp on total 100% togetherness.  

Since the house they chose was so under budget, they can always add on.  Not a word was said about the 1-1/2 bath situation.  All they said was the master bathroom was in an odd place.  It wasn't really the master bathroom.  It was sort of a Jack and Jill bathroom that all of the 3 bedrooms had to use.  The 1/2 bath was on a different floor.  I would guess the husband probably ended up with that while all of the females had the large bathroom.    

Yes, when she first started to go on about the couch in the laundry room, I was saying "just go in another room, you don't need to be in there the whole time."  I thought it might be a reaction to being in an apt building with common laundry you didn't want to leave, but I didn't watch the beginning so don't know.  It being really her-space makes sense, but yes then she shouldn't have objected to him having his space.

The house they got seemed like a good compromise--both parents and the kids got their personal space, but the bathroom situation was inconvenient and seemed weird not to comment on (not that it's not totally do-able and common not so long ago).  Funny given that in the first the wife seemed worried that the kids could have peeked in the master bathroom due to the non-tight door, which, no, really, don't worry about it.

True (as noted in a different comment) the wife seemed not concerned about storage space (but for the closets and they ended up going with the place with the smallest closets), but I wondered if she'd change her mind after actually living there a bit.  When the second (more expensive) place was still under consideration I was saying "you can do the renovation later, when you have more money, you are young." The other benefit of living in a place for a while before reno is you can make better decisions about what you really care about/like and don't like about the place.

I thought they were a likable couple, however. And the resolution showed that no one was being unreasonable.  Worst thing about house #2 (which I liked, but I get the budget concern) was that it was a really unfair split of the commute time which was clearly avoidable, and the 3rd one was more reasonable (25 vs. 45 rather than 5 vs. 60).

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Dawn said:

Those are important, but even aside from that, Columbus is one of the fastest growing cities in the country, and is now the 14th largest in the US. And the housing market is responding as you would expect (though it's still much more sane here than most of the other cities on that list).

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2019/subcounty-population-estimates.html

I wasn't paying super-close attention, so I'm not sure exactly where they were looking (I don't think they identified any particular neighborhoods or areas within/around Columbus), but there are much nicer-looking houses and neighborhoods for those prices in the Columbus area (IMHO). 

They seem to avoid talking about neighborhoods more often than not lately, which is very frustrating as that is always relevant.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

Re: Columbus couple. I agree with everyone that yes, he appeared miserable.  However, “man-child” was the perfect term for him.  Dude, grow up! He only thought of his own comfort and happiness in life. He didn’t seem to want to make a happy life with her, or anyone else for that matter.  He said, “The life style we live is really fun right now. And I don’t know if I really want to cut back at this point in my life”. That says it all

Oh totally agreed. When he mentioned a keg, I was all - huh? At 32? How did they ever get together? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Columbus: Wonder if she was a buyer for Target?  Anyway, I agree with the above posts that the fiancé  should have grown a pair and left before buying a house together pre-marriage.

She said she was a buyer for a retail fashion business and that is why she had such expensive tastes. She had to wear high end clothing and accessories on the job and it made her want the best (most expensive) at home too.  I shop at Target all the time, including clothing for work, but she made it sound like she was too good for Target.  The clothing she wore on the show was pretty bland and nondescript, IMO.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, snarts said:

Target's based in Minneapolis/St Paul.  However, Columbus is the #1 region for apparel headquarters (A&F, DSW, L Brands, etc.)

Huh. I thought Target was out of Ohio. Live and learn!

Philadelphia: “Smoker’s Teeth Yellow” to describe the color of those awful tiles cracked me up! 😆

• Love 1

I just finished watching 4 HH in a row and each of them had me yelling at the TV! First and foremost, I have never seen such a selfish person in my life as the wife in Michigan! Everything was about me, me, me!!!! She had to have the style of house she wanted, she wanted to be close to work, the heck with him, she had to have her "own" space, again, heck with him! But she wanted them to be all together! Eating together is great, but you don't have to be together all the time. When he "claimed" the room in the basement, she said no, the kids need(?) a playroom even though they both had their own rooms! And who  the heck wants a couch in the laundry room? Stick it in the washer and leave, grab the clothes from the dryer and take it somewhere where everyone can pitch in and fold their own clothes! I hope in real life, she isn't like this but who would want to be on a national television show and give off this impression of everything is for me?

Then the poor husband in Chicago....but he knew what he was getting into, so I can only feel like it deserves what he gets.

The couple in Philly should get together and figure out what they wanted before they started looking! I wouldn't have taken any of the three places they looked at. Philadelphia is a big city and they could have found something that they both wanted.

And finally, the Columbus episode.....Carter get the heck away from her and do it now! You are miserable now, just think how much worse it is going to get!

On 10/10/2019 at 2:26 PM, laredhead said:

When I got married, my mother ordered the cake (no tasting party existed in 1970).  We sent out simple invites, the reception was in the church meeting hall, and there was no dinner or seating chart.  Refreshments were cake and punch and cookies, and everyone either stood or sat on chairs placed around the room.  Wedding at 2:00 PM, done with everything by 4:00, and we were off on our honeymoon.  Simple and inexpensive.  Some of their wedding expense could have been put toward a house, but I'm sure that wasn't in Miss I Need Nice Things plan.  

I have often wondered why the need for a huge, expensive wedding? I bet your wedding was enjoyed by all and you didn't walk away broke! I would rather put the money toward a house because then you have something to show for your money other than pictures and an expensive dress that will hang in a closet.

The other thing after watching these episodes....how did we exist without double sinks, having  a room of our own, a huge walk-in closet(with a chandelier), being able to be seen by our parents all the time? I still like rooms vs open plan and cringe when the first thing they want to tear down walls and make one big, open room.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, suebee12 said:

The other thing after watching these episodes....how did we exist without double sinks, having  a room of our own, a huge walk-in closet(with a chandelier), being able to be seen by our parents all the time? I still like rooms vs open plan and cringe when the first thing they want to tear down walls and make one big, open room.

Maybe kids wouldn’t need their own private bedrooms/baths if the rest of the house wasn’t a massive multipurpose warehouse. I’d need ‘alone time’ too after being unable to escape my family and the chaos, noise, drama of their lives for the other 16 hours.

Our pioneer ancestors all lived in open concept log cabins and I expect most of them prayed for a big harvest so they’d have the time and money to add a room.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, suebee12 said:

That's the beauty of walls.  When my mother needed "alone time" she'd send us to our rooms to play or read or to the basement to do our own laundry.  No playroom back then, either. You kept your toys in your room and put them away when you were finished. One bathroom per house back then as well, one sink.  Taught us a lot about sharing and managing our time so no one was late.  Everyone had to work cooperatively.  It wasn't all about me, it was all about us.

Downsides?  Sure.   But living in a barn would make me nuts.

• Love 17

It cannot be coincidence that we started hearing about man caves not too long after the take over of open floor plan houses.  A man cave is just a silly name for a second, separate  living space - a space to, yes, get away.  Who doesn’t need some “me time” on occasion?  Same for the home office that so many stay-at-home spouses “need”.  Also see: craft room, scrapbooking room, she shed, dressing room.

• Love 11

I just watched an episode that was on after HHR Saturday night. It was one of those tiny homes HH episodes. It was one of those in which the HH said she wanted to travel with her tiny house but, upon the reveal, she was parked not traveling at all. Have they ever shown a tiny house episodes in which the HH is actually towing the thing around? 
Key West: Those people had a hefty budget (he was a surgeon). Nice house. Loved seeing the Hemingway kitties!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I just watched an episode that was on after HHR Saturday night. It was one of those tiny homes HH episodes. It was one of those in which the HH said she wanted to travel with her tiny house but, upon the reveal, she was parked not traveling at all. Have they ever shown a tiny house episodes in which the HH is actually towing the thing around? 
Key West: Those people had a hefty budget (he was a surgeon). Nice house. Loved seeing the Hemingway kitties!

Have you ever seen anyone towing their tiny house around?  They're not trailers, moving them from place to place is difficult and expensive.  I think a lot of people buy them thinking that they will be much more portable than they actually are.  Amongst other things, most trailer/RV parks won't allow them to park there.  If the owner wants electricity and plumbing hookups, their options are limited as to where they can stop.

I watched the episode and the woman was just ridiculous in demanding a full kitchen, a bathroom with a tub and a first floor bedroom, not to mention enough closet and storage space for her large wardrobe and 200+ pairs of shoes.  It's a tiny home, not a magic hat, lady!  Her friend was funny though, and much more realistic about it.

If you check the ads, you'll find huge numbers of tiny houses for sale.  I think a lot of people buy them only to discover that it is not as portable as they hoped and the lack of basic living space is hard to live with on a day to day basis.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 8

Tiny House: She must have a trust fund because no way she supported herself as an “artist.” I noticed she had a lot of breakable things sitting out in the house, so she isn’t going anywhere. I think this is a whim that will quickly pass.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I watched the episode and the woman was just ridiculous in demanding a full kitchen, a bathroom with a tub and a first floor bedroom, not to mention enough closet and storage space for her large wardrobe and 200+ pairs of shoes.  It's a tiny home, not a magic hat, lady!  Her friend was funny though, and much more realistic about it.

I liked this episode primarily because of the looks on the faces of the builders when the woman kept saying she couldn't get rid of any of her clothes or shoes despite wanting a tiny hose. Oh, and she wanted a full-sized kitchen but also wanted a full size closet, a bathtub, and room to paint. Oh, and she didn't like the tiles in the one bathroom because, "I'm an artist. I don't want tiles that someone else painted." Oh, brother. All I saw her paint were straight lines on a canvas. Rembrandt, she wasn't. LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 3