Type keyword(s) to search

The Big Bang Theory - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Welcome to The All-Episode, All-Topic Continuum thread.

Here will live on discussion of the twelve-year run of TBBT, including, but not limited to: 

• The episodes
  • The characters
  • The actors
  • The writing
  • The sets
  • The themes
  • The fans and their takeaways

FWIW, here are the Television Without Pity archives, including discussions before the advent of Previously TV (now Prime Timer): 
http://web.archive.org/web/20140331134153/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3155470-the-big-bang-theory/

Go.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

The finale got me thinking about how much Sheldon's life happiness is due entirely to Leonard.

• Raj and Howard were Leonard's friends and would not otherwise have spent any time with Sheldon.
  • Raj and Howard were the ones who forced him to meet Amy.
  • Sheldon would likely only have spoken a few words to Penny while passing in the hallway or laundry room if it weren't for Leonard's crush on her.

Leonard had his own insecurities and people-pleasing reasons to put up with/indulge Sheldon to the extent that he did, but I'm pretty sure Sheldon would still be a loner sitting on lawn chairs if he hadn't met his best friend.

On another note, considering all the pairings of various characters, did we ever see Sheldon and Bernie do anything by themselves or even have a solo discussion? Sheldon looks down on microbiology, but still.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, 2727 said:

On another note, considering all the pairings of various characters, did we ever see Sheldon and Bernie do anything by themselves or even have a solo discussion? Sheldon looks down on microbiology, but still.

One I remember is S9E22, "The Fermenation Bifurcation."  Penny wins a wine-tasting thing, and everyone goes along except Sheldon and the newly-pregnant Bernadette.  Sheldon concocts a special DnD where Bernie's character can enjoy wine, sushi and hot tubs, which she rather enjoys.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

I used to live in Pasadena.  For such a world-famous institution, Caltech has a low profile.  You can barely notice it's there. It's a relatively small university with more graduate students than undergrads and hence a high average student age compared to most universities.

I have had work colleagues who were alums and I've looked at their degree requirements.  They're very serious.  To get a bachelor's you have to do 2 years of physics and 2 years of math.  I would guess their undergrads are on average the smartest of any US college.  (And I say this as an alum of MIT, where we had to do only 1 year each of physics and math.)

That was years ago, before BBT came on the air.  Between BBT and Modern Family (the second highest-rate TV comedy), Caltech must be more known to the average American than it once was.  I was glad they introduced a geology professor as a minor character - Caltech's reputation in the Earth Sciences is as good as it is in Physics.  Plus there are many ways of being a nerd - you don't have to be a physicist  The presence of life scientists Amy and Bernadette also emphasized other areas of science.

My quibble with nerd culture as displayed is that they were too omnivorous.  Even geniuses can't be all in on Star Trek and Star Wars and Battlestar and Dr Who and DC Comics and Marvel Comics and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and role playing games and paintball.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Roaster said:

My quibble with nerd culture as displayed is that they were too omnivorous. 

My quibble was that none of the main female characters were into anything "nerdish" that the guys were into.  I got into science fiction because my mother was - not my father.  Comics I don't know enough about - I don't really know any adults, male or female who are still buying those, but Star Wars, Star Trek, Buffy, LoTRs these are just as much of interest to the women I know as they are to the guys.  It always grated that all this was lumped into "stuff only nerdy guys would like".  I mean would it have been so hard to have the women aware of, and like, these TV shows or movies but not be obsessive fans?  

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Homily said:

I mean would it have been so hard to have the women aware of, and like, these TV shows or movies but not be obsessive fans?  

Well, they kind of were once in a while. Penny saw the Star Trek movie while the guys were at the North Pole. All by herself without being dragged there by Leonard. She watched Game of Thrones because it had "dragons and naked people doing it." 

The girls seemed to have a passing interest in it, (more Penny than the other two, but...) nothing obsessive, which worked for me, as that's how I am. I like that stuff, but not to the degree the guys did.

• Love 7

I am married to a Caltech grad.  I assure you, it is very selective and difficult to get into Caltech as an undergrad.  My husband's freshman class had only 210 students in it, and not everyone managed to complete their degrees there.  He did. Sort of like Sheldon and the others, he didn't really feel like he fit in until he went to Caltech and met more people like himself.  You most definitely need to be a very serious math and science student to get into and survive at Caltech.  My husband is brilliant and very, very smart, but fortunately has way better social skills than Sheldon does.

As for this show making Caltech more known to the average American, my husband used to travel frequently for work, and often wore a Caltech sweatshirt while traveling. A TSA agent noted his shirt and said, "Caltech.  That's the fictional school from the Big Bang Theory, right?"

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Zanzibar said:

As for this show making Caltech more known to the average American, my husband used to travel frequently for work, and often wore a Caltech sweatshirt while traveling. A TSA agent noted his shirt and said, "Caltech.  That's the fictional school from the Big Bang Theory, right?"

source.gif

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
(edited)

I don’t know if you would call me a nerd.  I love science fiction but never understood the point of comics.  I went to ComicCon only once. I guess a lot of it is because I am somewhere on the spectrum myself (although unlike Sheldon my mother never got me tested) so I ended up going with my father.   I guess Comic con would be a group activity that entails going to every panel and getting everyone’s autograph.    My area of science fiction leans more toward Battlestar Galactica then Star Wars.   So I can see that fun conversation between the girls when they all tried to figure out comics and if I remember  correctly became obsessed with Thor  and his hammer.

Anyway going back a bit it took me awhile to really get into the show not being a comedy person.  I think I honestly don’t think I really loved the show until season 2 the Panty Pinatta episode.  I think that was the first truly brilliant episode that I remember.,  That is when I realized the show was going to be more then just Leonard pining over the pretty girl next door who of course was going to fall in love with him.....or possibly Sheldon (because I am twisted I shipped Penny and Sheldon for a bit)

i thought having Howard be the first person to find love was brilliant considering where the show started with him. (I  am actually watching the episode where On the eve of them getting married Bernadette finds out the full creepy extent of Howard’s sexual history).   But I also loved the early stuff with him and Raj where everyone assumed they were a couple.  I thought the show did that well without being offensives  

Bringing on Amy was also great.  I thought the slow burn of the Shamy stuff was great but also if gave Penny  chance to have some  girlfriends.  Plus they had some very funny scenes together.

Is it true that the main cast took a pay cut so that the actresses who played Bernadette and Amy could get a raise because if they did that is all kinds of cool.  

Anyway as someone who has genuinely  liked about as many sitcoms as Sheldon has had sex I might be the wrong person to judge a sitcom but then I have rarely judged a show based on another show.   I don’t care if “whatever that show is called” is better if this is good and it has been pretty much from the worse case season 2  best case the pilot.  

And at least the finale didn’t ruin the show for me like HIMYM did.  I still have trouble watching that show.

Edited by Chaos Theory
Autoedit is evil
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

When I realized the show was going to be more then just Leonard pining over the pretty girl next door who of course was going to fall in love with him.....or possibly Sheldon (because I am twisted I shipped Penny and Sheldon for a bit)

Dude! Me too! For a couple seasons, I totally shipped Penny and Sheldon. But once the show progressed more, I moved on. 

At the very least, I always treasured the Penny/Sheldon scenes because they had such great chemistry, even just as friends. Hell, them just being friends made it extra special. Because sometimes people can be close friends and that’s it. 

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

I think I honestly don’t think I really loved the show until season 2 the Panty Pinatta episode.  I think that was the first truly brilliant episode that I remember.,  That is when I realized the show was going to be more then just Leonard pining over the pretty girl next door who of course was going to fall in love with him.....or possibly Sheldon (because I am twisted I shipped Penny and Sheldon for a bit)

Season 2 is when the show really hit its stride. The Euclid Alternative is the episode where I started to love the show. Sheldon freaking out on the back of Howard’s scooter and Penny hitting Sheldon in the face with a pillow are among my favorite Big Bang moments. 

1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

Is it true that the main cast took a pay cut so that the actresses who played Bernadette and Amy could get a raise because if they did that is all kinds of cool.  

Yep. Why the 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Took Surprising Pay Cuts

Edited by Guest
(edited)
14 hours ago, 2727 said:

The finale got me thinking about how much Sheldon's life happiness is due entirely to Leonard.

• Raj and Howard were Leonard's friends and would not otherwise have spent any time with Sheldon.
  • Raj and Howard were the ones who forced him to meet Amy.
  • Sheldon would likely only have spoken a few words to Penny while passing in the hallway or laundry room if it weren't for Leonard's crush on her.

Leonard had his own insecurities and people-pleasing reasons to put up with/indulge Sheldon to the extent that he did, but I'm pretty sure Sheldon would still be a loner sitting on lawn chairs if he hadn't met his best friend.

14 hours ago, yimitz said:

One I remember is S9E22, "The Fermenation Bifurcation."  Penny wins a wine-tasting thing, and everyone goes along except Sheldon and the newly-pregnant Bernadette.  Sheldon concocts a special DnD where Bernie's character can enjoy wine, sushi and hot tubs, which she rather enjoys.

I think I remember one time where Sheldon came over when Bernadette was alone for some reason and spread out that gigantic World War I strategy dice game complete with weather factor booklets etc all over her floor.  (Or was it WWII North Africa Campaign instead, I forget).

Edited by green
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, green said:

I think I remember one time where Sheldon came over when Bernadette was alone for some reason and spread out that gigantic World War I strategy dice game complete with weather factor booklets etc all over her floor.  (Or was it WWII North Africa Campaign instead, I forget).

That was when Bernadette was overdue with Michael and everyone was trying to keep her company. 

Edited by Guest

A couple years ago, I was in Scotland for work. Much of my time was spent back and forth from work to the hotel, not really any time to do touristy stuff (although I did get a few days off here and there to take advantage of that), so my evening downtime was spent trying to find something to watch. To my gleeful surprise, The Big Bang Theory was available on Netflix in the UK. So while I was there (for five weeks), I started at the beginning and blew through the entire series (which at the time was seasons 1-9). Good times.

• Love 12
(edited)

That was my intro to BBT (minus being in Scotland, sadly) - I was cableless out in the countryside and my sister loaned me the, IIRC,   first 6 seasons of BBT on DVD,  I enjoyed it from the first episode but it was  the second season when the show really clicked big time for me  and I got hooked - I think it was the panty pinata episode.

Edited by Homily
  • Love 7
On 5/18/2019 at 1:35 PM, Homily said:

My quibble was that none of the main female characters were into anything "nerdish" that the guys were into.  I got into science fiction because my mother was - not my father.  Comics I don't know enough about - I don't really know any adults, male or female who are still buying those, but Star Wars, Star Trek, Buffy, LoTRs these are just as much of interest to the women I know as they are to the guys.  It always grated that all this was lumped into "stuff only nerdy guys would like".  I mean would it have been so hard to have the women aware of, and like, these TV shows or movies but not be obsessive fans?  

So much this!  The episode where the women play D & D was on the other day and one of the men made a crack about women never playing D & D.  I commented to my husband that someone should tell that to our two D & D playing daughters!  Women can be and definitely ARE into nerd culture; it's not just a thing that geeky guys do.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Omeletsmom said:

So much this!  The episode where the women play D & D was on the other day and one of the men made a crack about women never playing D & D.  I commented to my husband that someone should tell that to our two D & D playing daughters!  Women can be and definitely ARE into nerd culture; it's not just a thing that geeky guys do.

I got into comics and Sci Fi because of my Brothers. And I know plenty of adults who buy comic books. I have a group of friends who attend Comic Con every year, and were doing so long before it became cool. I know people who attend Origins, a massive gaming convention. Hell, I went out on a few dates with my Comic Book shop owner.

But I am very well aware that I am an outlier. While I know other women who are involved in Nerd Culture, many of those are women who found it when they met their Husbands and most of them are no where nearly involved as their Husbands. While I stopped collecting comics 15 years ago, conveniently after I seriously started dating mu husband, I always was aware that I was only one of a few women who went to the comic book shop. And yes, I had a pull box. It meant I could go the day after comics were released and avoid the stereotypical smells and stares that came when visiting the shop on release day.

And while my Nieces play games and read Sci Fi, it is my nephews who are playing more of the hard core games and reading the more serious Sci Fi.

I always thought that the show was pretty accurate in terms of the male/female divide over nerd culture.

I had a friend like Denise (that is Stuart's girlfriends name, right?) I had a female friend who opened and ran a comic book shop. She would tell you that she is an extreme outlier.

• Love 8

Of course their are women involved in nerd culture.  The huge well known events like comic con the male female divide was less evident but the women often used it as a social function.  The smaller less known events the divide became more noticeable.   I always viewed it a lot the same way I viewed WWE wrestling.   Of course there were women there but damn if the line for the bathroom was unusually short. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

But the point I was making is that a liking for LoTRs or Buffy or Star Wars doesn't have to mean that one is involved in "nerd culture"!!  It's possible to like a movie or TV show and not be obsessive over it and that's where I feel BBT totally dropped the ball,

• Love 2

Favorite Guest Stars:

• 10. Elon Musk
  • 9. Billy Bob Thornton
  • 8. Carrie Fisher
  • 7. Stephen Hawking
  • 6. James Earl Jones
  • 5. Stan Lee
  • 4. Neil deGrasse Tyson
  • 3. Bob Newhart
  • 2. Mark Hamill
  • 1. William Shatner
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Homily said:

But the point I was making is that a liking for LoTRs or Buffy or Star Wars doesn't have to mean that one is involved in "nerd culture"!!  It's possible to like a movie or TV show and not be obsessive over it and that's where I feel BBT totally dropped the ball,

But there are so many people who are obsessive over it. And there is so little good Sci Fi/Fantasy avaiableto watch that when something new shows up, there is a lot of obsessing. 

There are far more people who enjoy Buffy or Star Wars without the same level of obsession as the guys on BBT, but there are plenty of the BBT guys out there. I would point to this site as evidence. How many people are obsessing over shows that others watch but don’t post on? How many posts about “casual viewers” vs, well, us? I see it all over the place. 

Sci Fi and fantasy have some serious hard core fans because you can count the number of good offerings on one hand during any given season. People fight to keep those shows on the air. Hell, I was running around with different letters to save Babylon 5 and asking my friends and classmates to sign my pre typed letter. Each letter was a bit different, no form letters.

In this series, a bunch of nerdy guys in some nerdy fields were obsessing over Nerdy things. That was part of its charm for me. I know folks involved in Cos Play and who love their comic book store. I got to know my husband waiting in line for seats at Star Wars on opening night (I still have the stupid Target coin that was in a give away bag from that night.)

The show represented a group of people who are normally mocked and maligned or sent to the corners of polite socity because people have no idea who they are and would prefer to obsess over sports.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

What I loved about the show was that at its prime it understood Nerd culture.  I remember the episode where Leonard was telling Penny why he stayed with Sheldon even though he was well Sheldon and he got into the broken elevator but the best part for me was the Roommate Agreement when Sheldon got to the clause about the tv show Firefly. I remember that show and how everyone just assumed it would be Joss Whedons next big hit.  It wasn’t.  Not because it wasn’t good but because the network played games with it.   But Sheldon like everyone else assumed it would go on for years and put it into the Roommate Agreement just to settle the arguments on what to watch.  

I forgot to add one of the networks is re running season 1 and I just rewatched the first appearance of Sheldon’s mom.  It was like episode 3.  So LM has been a part of the show since almost the beginning.  It is interesting to watch how much the characters really have changed over twelve seasons.   Sometimes the show did revert them back but that was ultimately just for laughs or to prove a point but Sheldon has come a long way since season 1 when his mother had to make him apologize to his boss so he could get his job back after he said some probably true but things that you don’t say out loud to the person who is paying your salary.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

I was looking at the ratings.  Season 1 the show ranked 69th and Season 2 40th.  Per Wikipedia, the rank only went up from there.  Season 9 had the highest average number of viewers (20 million) and by Season 11, the show was number 1.  Per Variety, in Season 12 they were down to number 7

Still quite good ratings by today's standards.  But of course, network TV isn't what it used to be.  With a rating of 11.7 in Season 11, BBT was the top-rated show.  In the 1990-91 season, an 11.7 would not put you in the top 30.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

One of the things I really liked about the show was that although not as smart as the boys,  even from the beginning Penny showed an odd aptitude for video games.   I am watching season 1 episodes and the show is playing the one where one of Penny's slutty friends comes to visit and Howard disappears so the group needs a fourth to play Halo and of course Sheldon writes her off but she gets great glee in continually blowing him up in the video games.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

One of the things I really liked about the show was that although not as smart as the boys,  even from the beginning Penny showed an odd aptitude for video games

I think Penny may be the smartest of the group, but she's not academically inclined, and I like that the show has drawn a distinction. One of my favorite episodes is when Sheldon explained String Theory to her, and she seemed to understand better than he did; Sheldon likes to "know" lots of things, to impress people (and fool IQ tests?), but often has trouble connecting the dots. WRT video games, I suspect Penny had experience playing similar games while hanging out at the mall or bowling alley (another of her skills).

• Love 8
On 5/18/2019 at 11:21 PM, SpiritSong said:

Since we can talk about the sets here, I have a question for y'all. If you could take one item from the BBT sets, which would it be? I've always coveted Raj's UFO lamp.

There was a set of Bronze Age Legion Of Superheroes figurines on display in Stuart's shop for a time in one season. I'd love that.

• Love 1
On 5/18/2019 at 6:21 PM, SpiritSong said:

Since we can talk about the sets here, I have a question for y'all. If you could take one item from the BBT sets, which would it be? I've always coveted Raj's UFO lamp.

I'm torn between Amy's "Besties Painting" for Penny and Howard's "Robot Arm". 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

If I lose the fight for the card catalog, I love the colorful bedding Penny has in her bedroom, which seems to be Sheldon and Amy’s now. Weird that nothing like that seemed to get moved from either apartment.

16 hours ago, AnnA said:

I will never tire of watching Amy and Howard singing Neil Diamond songs in the car.

Always will be my favorite scenes from my favorite episode.

The end of TBBT is bittersweet because my husband, son, and I watched every episode together. Daughter did too until she selfishly left for college! My kids are 24 now, so the end of a family era for us. 

• Love 6

I'm re-watching a bit and am currently in Season 3.  I'd forgotten how drastically Bernadette changed from her first few episodes, probably even more so than Amy.  It's quite jolting to see her as shy and timid.  And with all of Howard's "jokes" going over her head, so odd.

I watched Raj's King of the Rabbits speech three times.  I'll always love that.

Until the finale, I didn't even realize that I would miss this show that much. And I teared up at the oddest time.  It was during the special with Johnny and Kaley and they showed the clip of Amy getting the tiara.  Yup - then I got the water works.  This show wasn't always on the top of its game but when they got it right, it was awesome.

In the news of the day, when I read this this morning - Physicists can predict the jumps of Schrödinger’s cat (and finally save it) (Yale News)I admit I first thought of BBT. 

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:16 PM, Roaster said:

My quibble with nerd culture as displayed is that they were too omnivorous.  Even geniuses can't be all in on Star Trek and Star Wars and Battlestar and Dr Who and DC Comics and Marvel Comics and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and role playing games and paintball.....

I don't know - I'm pretty omnivorous in my nerdiness and can bore people exposit on most of those subjects. Admittedly, I don't own any uniforms and I've only been to one convention (because it was organised by friends of mine). But I've never paintballed (have lasertagged, though).

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:15 AM, green said:

It was North Africa ("I have to roll for the weather!" "It's in the desert. I'm guessing it's hot!"). I actually know somebody who owns that game - apparently they gave over one room of their house to play it in because it took months to run.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:21 PM, SpiritSong said:

If you could take one item from the BBT sets, which would it be?

The Periodic Table shower curtain. Practical and informative!

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, John Potts said:

If you could take one item from the BBT sets, which would it be?

The Periodic Table shower curtain. Practical and informative!

My son & daughter in law have that!  So apparently it's available to mere mortals.  Haven't tried to search it out though.

• Love 1

It was North Africa ("I have to roll for the weather!" "It's in the desert. I'm guessing it's hot!"). I actually know somebody who owns that game - apparently they gave over one room of their house to play it in because it took months to run.

I have two copies of Kingmaker by Avalon Hill. One is opened, the other is still shrink wrapped. It is a re-enactment of the war of the Roses. I always loved being Plantegenet, you just can't kill him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingmaker_(board_game)

It took forever to play but was good fun. I don't by the 2-6 hours to play, it took longer then that.

My cousin has all the Avalon Hill War games and still buys the Civil War and WWII war games. They are popular with a good number of folks who spend a good amount of time discussing the historical accuracy of various cards and lay outs.

• Love 1
On 5/18/2019 at 3:21 PM, SpiritSong said:

The DNA model - but only if it's really cemented together.

I just watched the season 1 episode with the Physics bowl and noticed two weird things.  One, when Sheldon is kicked off the team and they have to recruit a 4th player, the other three have a conversation about getting "that girl from Blossom" because she got a degree in neurobiology.  Then when they decide to recruit Lesley Winkle, she initially turns them down because she is too busy working on what sounds to me like "super asymmetry."

• Love 2
5 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I just watched the season 1 episode with the Physics bowl and noticed two weird things.  One, when Sheldon is kicked off the team and they have to recruit a 4th player, the other three have a conversation about getting "that girl from Blossom" because she got a degree in neurobiology.  Then when they decide to recruit Lesley Winkle, she initially turns them down because she is too busy working on what sounds to me like "super asymmetry."

I recently watched that one. Raj also suggests the girl from the Wonder Years and then Danica McKellar was in a 3rd season episode. The writers must have had a wish list with her and Mayim on it.  

Leslie says that she’s working on super symmetry. 

(edited)

I was watching the clip of the episode when Sheldon first met Amy  and  with everything that happened between them and The things we learn on Young Sheldon the thought I had was “And this kids is  how I met your mother.”

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 5/29/2019 at 9:17 AM, LoneHaranguer said:

I think Penny may be the smartest of the group, but she's not academically inclined, and I like that the show has drawn a distinction. One of my favorite episodes is when Sheldon explained String Theory to her, and she seemed to understand better than he did; Sheldon likes to "know" lots of things, to impress people (and fool IQ tests?), but often has trouble connecting the dots. 

Was that the episode where he told Penny he knows everything, and she asked him, "What's Radiohead?" He didn't know, but managed to respond that he knows everything "worth knowing," or something like that. I loved that she stopped him in his tracks with such a trivial question. That was her gift, in my opinion.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ForReal said:

Was that the episode where he told Penny he knows everything, and she asked him, "What's Radiohead?" He didn't know, but managed to respond that he knows everything "worth knowing," or something like that. I loved that she stopped him in his tracks with such a trivial question. That was her gift, in my opinion.

The string theory episode was from season 11 and the Radiohead one is Work Song Nanocluster from season 2. I’m so glad they let Penny be intelligent again for the final seasons after they torpedoed her for a few years. 

One of my favorite Penny and Sheldon moments is the episode where they are quizzing each other on their respective interests. 

Ack!  I came to read and post in the finale thread.  What happened?  Where did all the other episode threads go?  

It's too soon!  On the air 12 years and the finale less then a month ago.  Really, isn't it too soon?

I need a hot beverage.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, amaranta said:

Ack!  I came to read and post in the finale thread.  What happened?  Where did all the other episode threads go?  

It's too soon!  On the air 12 years and the finale less then a month ago.  Really, isn't it too soon?

I need a hot beverage.

See the first post in this topic.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:01 PM, Chaos Theory said:

I was watching the clip of the episode when Sheldon first met Amy  and  with everything that happened between them and The things we learn on Young Sheldon the thought I had was “And this kids is  how I met your mother.”

And we have a winner! That's brilliant and it made me spit coffee on my tablet😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Love 3
(edited)

I use “Here we go” quite frequently when my husband is about to explain something.

He will respond to certain things, “I’m not crazy, my mother had me tested.”

Edited by chitowngirl
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 6/14/2019 at 7:31 PM, Driad said:

What BBT lines etc. appear in your real life?  Example from my family: "Is your wifi password still pennyisafreeloader?"

"In my spot."

It just popped out one day when a co-worker pilfered “my” parking spot. 

Now, I used it all the time.

• Love 6