Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: In Sew Deep

• Start Topic

Kathryn and Danni leave the girls' trip on frosty terms; Cameran realizes she needs to get back to work; Craig decides to host a party to trick his friends into helping him sew pillows; Chelsea lays into Austen for talking behind her back.

Airs June 12, 2019.

(edited)

How is it that Kathryn woke up at the tree house in full make up including pink lipstick?

Why is Craig making these average throw pillows?  There is nothing novel about them, other than that they are hand made.  I can’t Imagine what he charges for them.  He could never compete with pillows made in volume off shore.  Why in the world is he wearing eyeliner?

Edited by Emmeline
  • LOL 9
  • Love 14

I don't get Shep ordering a Corona Light without lime (wha???) but I do love that when it was served with lime he just casually picked it out of the bottle and put it on the table.  No sending it back, no screaming, no drama.  Maybe he is growing up...

• Love 12
(edited)

I'm just laughing. This show is like work release and have fun time without socializing.  I love Craig. He's just so effortlessly funny. Why has no one discovered him? He's really just making pillows!?!? Bravo-- let your talent roam! 

Shep's impersonation of Austin was hysterical. The family stabbing reaction was pretty spot on. But please, everyone, don't stab your family. Shep has been watching too many late night crime shows like me. hehe. 

Everyone sort of seemed a bit a awkward at Craig's. I think it was cuz Whitney was there.

Cameron's back to being adorable, which I love. I hate it when she's mean to others. 

Didn't get Kathryn's crying. I thought she was maybe high or coming off something? Craig seemed remarked uncomfortable, but this is the land of no emotions and just eternal happiness too. That said, I think Craig sealed his fate as a non- Kathryn suitor. 

Chelsea is cute, but damn is this girl in enabler! Is this a southern thing to just let guys do totally dumb things and laugh appreciatively? Just can't relate, don't agree, don't get it, nothing. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 9

Danni has such a sweet heart and I feel awful for her that the friendship with Kathryn isn’t being reciprocated. On a side note, I noticed last episode that Naomie has her in her phone as “Danni Beard,” not “Baird.” Hee.

Who did Shep say was white trash? It was shown in all the previews but not the show. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Danni has such a sweet heart and I feel awful for her that the friendship with Kathryn isn’t being reciprocated. On a side note, I noticed last episode that Naomie has her in her phone as “Danni Beard,” not “Baird.” Hee.

Who did Shep say was white trash? It was shown in all the previews but not the show. 

I think he called Madison, Austen's on/off GF, a white trash hair dresser.

• Love 3
(edited)

Wow, I really felt for Kathryn when she burst into tears, it was very real. She was begging for some sympathy, a shoulder to cry on. Instead, Craig sat there mute and rigid. Poor thing had no choice but to pull herself right back together. 

But later, she was terrible to poor Danni. Danni has ALWAYS been a wonderful friend to her and gets nothing back. Sad. 

Craig’s eyeliner....lmao and not ONE bit surprised, ha. 

That party lasted about 30 mins before everyone was racing out the door. What a snooze. So Pat knew Madison beforehand? Yea, it’s a fake storyline for Austen. 

I like Austen’s parents. Props to them for enduring his “threesome video”. 😆

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 10
(edited)

I can't help it, I have a soft spot for Craig, I like that he just does what he wants even if it's not traditionally accepted as something he should do despite what everyone else thinks, but...I wish he'd channel that limited energy into something productive. 

Sew pillows as a hobby if you want, but unless there's some kind of special hook (what hook could there be for pillows?) I don't see it being a career. It feels to me like he's just latching onto something, anything, to avoid using his law degree. 

In other news, I can't get over what a fixation Shep has for Austin's ex, as if she personally wronged him. He's practically salivating at their breakup and ready to lose it if they get back together, meanwhile it's not his business. The fact that he's so upset with her despite Austin being the one who originally screwed things up just shows what a douche Shep is.

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 20

I don’t think that damn video is the first time Austen’s parents were disappointed with him.

OK, Cam prefers to go to work and gossip than be at home raising her daughter uncompensated.  She probably approaches it as a babysitter, just counting the years until she can park her child in front of a TV and she can go to more pillow parties.

How about getting ideas for trying to stimulate the child, read books on creative ways to raise children?  Make fucking mobiles at least.

But beyond Instagram posts, watching over a toddler is just like serving the required time?

As for Kathryn, the monster always comes out eventually, every season.  Without fail.

Chelsea wasn’t going to get too angry, that’s just not her.  Just needed a perfunctory apology and she fulfilled her quota of confrontations for the season.

But Austen was talking about her sex drive and the height of her bf?  OK, she didn’t want to have sex because Austen described it as wiggling on top of her?  And he probably thought he was better than the new bf because he’s taller?

• Love 12
9 hours ago, TexasGal said:

The Austen video.  Again.  Do they want us to stop watching?!

I am convinced the editors have a bet running on how many episodes they can splice that video in.  Somewhere around SC Season 8, it'll pop up between Michael mixing a martini and (hopefully) news clips of Thomas being sentenced to prison.

They've done it forever, but both Craig's and Shep's habit of constantly bouncing their legs was driving me nuts tonight.  Is it DTs?  Too much caffeine?  They can't be that nervous to be on camera after all these years.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

What’s the newest term for “ jump the shark” because this show has done it. I find it neither endearing or fascinating to watch a bunch of 30+ men getting drunk and f- ing various women. Katherine has outlived her shelf life as well. Dani has been there for her when no one else has, but everyone is supposed to tip toe around Katherine,  honestly, I think she’s just kind of used up.  No interest in any of them or their boring lives. 

• Love 12

So, next week we see Cam interviewing nannies. This is so scripted. I am convinced Shep's obsession with Madison is all producer driven. She is dying to be on the show. She is friends with Patricia. Whitney produces the show. Gee, what a coincidence. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

What’s the newest term for “ jump the shark” because this show has done it. 

"Having a pillow party?"

In the preview for next week, were Whitney and Austen (or was it Craig?) throwing hot dogs at each other over a camp fire?  I mean....what?

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

Danni always has such a sour look on her face.  

Whitney must be desperate for his show to survive.  I can't think of any other reason he would agree to go on an RV trip with these guys.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Oh and when we throw pillows parties we make sure there's a butt load of ice and utensils to use. And way more food. Oh, and if we want help we just flat out ask without a party excuse then provide food for said help 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, chewycandy said:

YES I thought he was talking about Katherine in the previews, it was when he as sitting on the couch at Craig's.  I didn't hear him say it in the show - I wonder if they took it out?

4 hours ago, Little Lady Back said:

Why does Dannie always look like she has encountered a very unpleasant odor?

Because she is a stuck-up bitch.

• Love 4

I wonder if having Patricia show up kinda killed the mood or threw everyone off that they were seeing Patricia out in the wild. No one wants to act a fool when she's around.  It was really a bizarre 'party' all around. Usually non-cast members attend as well but this was strictly cast. Except for Craig's roommate and assistant who were awkwardly sitting out on the back porch keeping to themselves lol 

Also interested that Naomi was not there

So Dani now has two TH's under her belt... I wonder if she's finally making her way to full on cast member. She seemed nervous filming the outing with her mom. I have a feeling she doesn't like attention fully on her. 

And I really hope to be able to buy one of her paintings one day. Not an original cause I don't make that kind of money but one of her prints. 

• Love 8

I now understand what Chelsea does to keep so chill. Those adult coloring books that are intricate and colored pencils. (She colored on the bed while cam and Danni discussed Katherine. 

Katherine need longer tops. I dislike her camel toes and butt tight pants that she is sporting a lot lately. For someone in retail fashion she could do a lot better. 

Craig is cute, but if I was the person waiting (for Godot) for my monogrammed pillow, I’d be pissed if it wasn’t delivered in a timely manner. Getting up at 5 pm isn’t doing him any favors. He’s looking thin...maybe all nighters snorting cocaine? I think his assistant is over trying to keep him accountable, but it’s an easy paycheck. Fast food for a party...just NO. Get real food, ice and paper party goods  

Katherine is pushing her friends away. Next she will be crying that she has no friends. It’s ok to not agree with Danni, but don’t snub her for speaking what all of them were thinking. 

When are they going to take us to the beach to watch Chelsea and Shep surf? That would be more entertaining that what I saw last night. 

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Whitney must be desperate for his show to survive.  I can't think of any other reason he would agree to go on an RV trip with these guys.  

Especially considering he was hardly on the show last season. 

2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

ES I thought he was talking about Katherine in the previews, it was when he as sitting on the couch at Craig's.  I didn't hear him say it in the show - I wonder if they took it out?

Shep definitely said it on the show while he was on Craig's couch. Kathryn was leaving and was being nasty to everyone at that point.  I'm pretty sure his comment was directed at Kathryn because he looked over at her walking out the door as he said it. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, TexasGal said:

"Having a pillow party?"

In the preview for next week, were Whitney and Austen (or was it Craig?) throwing hot dogs at each other over a camp fire?  I mean....what?

I shall now and forever refer to shows that are past their time as "having a pillow party".  Many thanks.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Danni always has such a sour look on her face.  

If afraid she just has resting bitch face. My daughter has it and everyone thinks she is pissed off when she is not. It sucks.

• Love 19
14 hours ago, rideashire said:

In other news, I can't get over what a fixation Shep has for Austin's ex, as if she personally wronged him. He's practically salivating at their breakup and ready to lose it if they get back together, meanwhile it's not his business. The fact that he's so upset with her despite Austin being the one who originally screwed things up just shows what a douche Shep is.

Shep seems ecstatically over eager to dump all the heartache of the world on Madison's head, doesn't he? That scene where he called her diabolical because she showed Austen's mean-ass texts or whatever to Chelsea. Not a word about Austen being a mean-ass in the first place! I therefore assume if Austen was in possession of mean texts Madison sent him about one of her exes, Shep would applaud Austen showing them to said ex. Bah.

• Love 9
(edited)

Is height some sort of thing with Southern men?? This is the second time this season where a guy sized up their rival by bringing up height - Shep with Danni, and Austen with Chelsea. I don't get it. The taller the guy, the bigger the wanker??

5 hours ago, Pickles said:

She is dying to be on the show.

I think her relationship with Austen is(was) true, but I also think the above is true. No one has benefited more from such a short stint on the show (so far), and not even as a full-time cast member, on social media like Madison has. She now got herself the elusive blue checkmark, and she's now pegging items and brands on IG, with the hope of (I'm guessing) ending up being an influencer. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I got soooo excited hearing the opening song. Then, this year, nothing. 

Hell I said Goodbye to Austen at last years reunion.

Does Kathryn not have her children  enough to be running off for weeks at a time? 

• Love 10
(edited)

I can't help it.  Craig is my favorite person in this hot mess.  Yeah, he needs to start waking up before 1 and try to keep to a normal schedule but between his fabric shopping, prized sewing machine, Bethenny the dog and now the eyeliner, I'm loving him.  We just need Gizmo back in the wagon, getting pulled around the garden.  

Kathryn is an asshole.  Girl, please, with your crying spells.  How about you get rid of the $6600 a month rental and the stupid Rolls and then we can talk?  She's such an entitled loser - - kind of the female version of Shep.   Seeing her crying and freaking out because TRav going to prison means she's going to be a single parent - - or a parent - - just seals for me the fact that she probably doesn't see her kids all that much.

I used to like Cameron but she's such a critical mean girl at times.  We get it.  Mothering isn't your thing.  Lucky Palmer.  I hope she doesn't have any more kids.  For heaven's sake, get a nanny and go back to work.  

So Madison was friends with Patricia before dating Austen?  Oh, okay.  I guess everyone in Charleston knows Patricia.  

So is Dani a full-time painter?  Didn't she used to work with JD or something?

Edited by psychoticstate
Brain freeze.
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

is Dani a full-time painter?  Didn't she used to work with JD or something?

She didn’t work for JD but she did provide advice because she worked in liquor and wine sales distribution. She quit to concentrate full time on her painting. I imagine the checks from the show helped make that possible. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She didn’t work for JD but she did provide advice because she worked in liquor and wine sales distribution. She quit to concentrate full time on her painting. I imagine the checks from the show helped make that possible. 

Thank you! 

I discovered this show a few weeks ago during a marathon while we had days of rain.  I am still trying to figure out who everyone is.  Sorry, but the ladies seem to all blend. .... (sorry, this is going to be long)

Chelsea is the one who redid her house?  Cameron is the one with the baby and miserable for some reason?  Kathryn has the terrible hair (color, style) and terrible clothes?  Now this is where things get confusing.  Dannie is the one who kind of looks like Reese Whitherspoon when she smiles and can either look pretty or scary, depending on the light/angle? I had no idea who Madison is until last night.  Then there is another girl/woman who isn't seen all that much..I think she came to a party or something with one of the guys...and bragged about being younger than the other women?  Oh, and Naomi has dark hair and a good-looking boyfriend?  

I have no idea of past relationships, who dated/slept with who, etc.  And Patricia...love, covet and lust for that house.  I cannot imagine having her for a mother-in-law...she is scary.  But maybe because I haven't seen her enough.  Now on to the guys.

Shep is the one with the curly hair, baseball caps, arrested development, shaking leg and .. I have no idea what he does for a living.  Craig is the one who was sporting what appeared to be dark nail polish on one finger; and makes pillows?  Austin is the one who they keep showing screaming "Madison" while wearing nothing but his underwear.  There is the guy (seems older than the rest) who is Patricia's son...cannot think of his name.  He seems embarrassed to be on camera; I have no idea of his romantic entanglements.  I know I am leaving someone out.  But.

The main reason I got hooked into the marathon is the Revenel guy.  Isn't there a bridge in Charleston with that name?  He also seemed a bit older than the others.  The episodes I saw him on...Kathryn had just had his baby?  Is that right?  And he went out with the guys the day (well, he went out at night) she came home from the hospital?  

We visit Charleston quite often and I think the reason I got into the show is recognizing most of the places/restaurants shown.

Sorry I have just discovered this show because from the posts I have read, it seems to be heading towards a downward spiral.  One last puzzle...are all of them trust fund babies?  How do they make a living?  Do Shep, Craig and Austin have jobs?  Is Chelsea a hairdresser? Madison is a stay-at-home mom?  Did Patricia come from money or did she marry it?

• Love 7

Shep comes from a very wealthy family and gets monthly checks. He maybe owns a bar? Most of the others just get big money from the show---about $450k for the season. Cameron married an anesthesiologist. Chelsea is a hairdresser. Austin and Craig probably just live off of the show money. Others on here can probably provide more info. Naomi also comes from money. Her parents are French and have restaurants. 

• Love 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Dannie is the one who kind of looks like Reese Whitherspoon when she smiles and can either look pretty or scary, depending on the light/angle?

That's a good description of Danni!

@Kemper Madison is also a hairdresser, she's not a stay at home mom. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1

I think Kathryn suffers from paranoia & she also sees herself as the "main star" of the show. That said:  my opinion is that she likely believes Danni is using some pseudo conflict with her to gain a storyline & paycheck from the show & got resentful in her own mind.  JMO. The rest of the OG cast is dialing it in big time. While newcomers/ more  recent faces/ newly promoted to more than "friends of..." are trying wayyy too hard.  Looking at you, Austen, Madison,  Naomi & a little Chelsea.  If there were no booze involved at these gatherings, our OG's would probably just quit.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

The main reason I got hooked into the marathon is the Revenel guy.  Isn't there a bridge in Charleston with that name?

The bridge is named after Thomas's father. He's old and still alive. He's been on the show , and he was creepy. Thomas and Katherine have two children. Thomas was kicked off the show after being accused of sexual assault. Thomas is into real estate plus his family is rich. Whitney, Patricia's son, produces the show. I think he's had dates but no one serious. Patricia came from a well-off family and married well. She did teach at a college. 

2 hours ago, Kemper said:

We visit Charleston quite often and I think the reason I got into the show is recognizing most of the places/restaurants shown.

I went there once years ago, and that's what made me watch the show.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, RalyWilmy said:

I shall now and forever refer to shows that are past their time as "having a pillow party".  Many thanks.

“For the best night's sleep in the whole wide world, visit CraigsPillow Dot Com!”

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Shep definitely said it on the show while he was on Craig's couch. Kathryn was leaving and was being nasty to everyone at that point.  I'm pretty sure his comment was directed at Kathryn because he looked over at her walking out the door as he said it. 

Quoting my own post! Anyway, I went back to watch that scene and Shep did not say that to Kathryn. They did have words but he didn't call her white trash. 

• Love 3