Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Big Expectations

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Possible: Ludwing met Laura in 1999 when he was living in Peru and sent Laura a love letter/invitation to marry with this picture of himself enclosed...

5512958298_67cbecc855_b.jpg

It’s kinda accurate, Tom is only a smidge taller

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I was going to say because he makes grilled cheeses with jelly and pancake syrup, but Google tells me that's something people do.

I didn't know that was jelly!  I thought it was BBQ sauce!  Kind of gaggy looking to me..just saying.

16 hours ago, endure said:

Also, did Cory say his life savings were put towards the bar?  He said it was $2000, did I hear right?

Right that's was said, but didn't he say sometime before that he invested something like $40,000?  I'm confused lol.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Butter on grilled cheese sounds gross to me. 🙂 Never heard of that. 

I'm joining the "More Ludwig" train though.

The butter is put in the pan to grill the sandwich.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Possible: Ludwing met Laura in 1999 when he was living in Peru and sent Laura a love letter/invitation to marry with this picture of himself enclosed...

5512958298_67cbecc855_b.jpg

Well they are the same height.

3 hours ago, Normades said:

Too bad she didn't just clock him!!

How quiet could it have been with the camera crew?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, politichick said:

Huh?  I spread the butter on the outside of the bread then put it in the pan.  So many methods 🤔

• Love 9
(edited)

Sumit lives in Delhi. Delhi is an enormous, cosmopolitan city and the capital of India. He doesn't live in a tiny, rural village. Since India was colonized by the British English is prevalent there. Many Indians speak English, as well as Hindi, very well. The airport in Delhi is just like an airport in any major city around the world. Think Heathrow, JFK or LAX. Jenny didn't arrive in some backwater locale.

Edited by Matty
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, politichick said:

That's been pointed out a few times. I never had it like that. Just cheese and bread on a hot pan or in a panini press. Maybe I'll try it with butter sometime. 

My eyes are broken. I've seen Pole's penis fish swimming costume, I have seen it all on this show I truly have. But then I saw a Canadian (blonde lady) be served a grilled cheese with maple syrup squeezed in it. But no my friends it was not maple syrup it was FAKE maple syrup, squeeze bottle Aunt Jemina. FAKE MAPLE SYRUP. I have the vapors. Seriously. I'm out. Idk what I just watched. WTAF. W.T.A.F!

PS  I loved Ludwing even tho he broke my eyes. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

That's been pointed out a few times. I never had it like that. Just cheese and bread on a hot pan or in a panini press. Maybe I'll try it with butter sometime. 

Butter-flavored PAM spray. You're welcome. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I think the woman who is moving to Qatar is an older version of Nicole. I suspect her guy is using her to eventually get to the US. He's a better operator than Azan.

Oh, come on...you know he's just a young, hard-working guy in love who wants to open a little shop with his new wife's money er, I mean help...

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

Does the bread stick to the pan without butter? 

Does the bread brown this way?

So many questions......

• LOL 3

After watching this episode it reminded me how Karine can look really dirty and unkempt.  It's great that she is taking English classes, but how is she living?  Has Paul been sending her his measly paychecks?  I don't remember her ever working.

• Love 2

I like Jenny and Sumit so far but I think that's because Sumit does seem genuine. Does anyone know - will Jenny be able to work in India or are there rules against it like there are in the US (for the first few months anyway)? If he is working at a call center, I would think she would easily be able to get a job at a similar set up. Her English should be good enough!

It's so weird to hear her talk about his parents. She does not sound like a 60 year old, that's for sure. 

I like Laura. I kind of get the feeling she's a "oh, whatever!" person. She probably had to be after her divorce. I can't believe she married him after 9 days, though. What the heck! And moving to Qatar of all places? Don't they have some of the worst human rights violations?

Pole is an idiot. I don't know what Karine's game is. Once he visited the first time and she realized it wasn't going to be a quick trip to the US, why him? Why not get with some other American? Makes no sense that Paul is moving to Brazil and yet speaks NO Portuguese and she is the one learning English. He still hasn't figured out it's not Spanish yet. 

Tiffany is also an idiot and dragging that poor sweet boy with her. So, you don't know that Ronald has changed, he messed up majorly in the past, and yet you're going to marry him a week after you land? Why not make sure that he's changed BEFORE you get married? She reminds me of Rachel. 

• Love 12
44 minutes ago, Anonysaurus said:

I like Jenny and Sumit so far but I think that's because Sumit does seem genuine. Does anyone know - will Jenny be able to work in India or are there rules against it like there are in the US (for the first few months anyway)? If he is working at a call center, I would think she would easily be able to get a job at a similar set up. Her English should be good enough!

It's so weird to hear her talk about his parents. She does not sound like a 60 year old, that's for sure. 

I like Laura. I kind of get the feeling she's a "oh, whatever!" person. She probably had to be after her divorce. I can't believe she married him after 9 days, though. What the heck! And moving to Qatar of all places? Don't they have some of the worst human rights violations?

Pole is an idiot. I don't know what Karine's game is. Once he visited the first time and she realized it wasn't going to be a quick trip to the US, why him? Why not get with some other American? Makes no sense that Paul is moving to Brazil and yet speaks NO Portuguese and she is the one learning English. He still hasn't figured out it's not Spanish yet. 

Tiffany is also an idiot and dragging that poor sweet boy with her. So, you don't know that Ronald has changed, he messed up majorly in the past, and yet you're going to marry him a week after you land? Why not make sure that he's changed BEFORE you get married? She reminds me of Rachel. 

How is Pole going to teach English to Portuguese speakers when he speaks no Portuguese?  Immersion lol?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

He came across totally rational except for his physical difference. There was even a high-chair in the kitchen. 

I saw a step-stool for cooking, and he made a joke about his height (being in her shoes....).  He's alright.  And rational! She is lucky to have good friend like him.

• Love 16

So I’m confused.  Did Pole not have ALL of his luggage because he NEVER talked about that! I know Karine is disliked in this group, but I do feel sorry for her.  Pole is such a disaster.  

Jenny is the whiniest person I have ever heard.  Sumit must have the patience of a saint.

• Love 4
Just now, KariLois said:

So I’m confused.  Did Pole not have ALL of his luggage because he NEVER talked about that! I know Karine is disliked in this group, but I do feel sorry for her.  Pole is such a disaster.  

Jenny is the whiniest person I have ever heard.  Sumit must have the patience of a saint.

I feel kinda bad for her too. She has made a terrible and terrifying life decision by choosing to stay with Pole. I am not certain how she never had a boyfriend. When she first aired. she was small, cute, and seemed like she bathed. Pole was the best she could get? I am not even talking about his physical appearance; his personality from the beginning has been scary.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

I feel kinda bad for her too. She has made a terrible and terrifying life decision by choosing to stay with Pole. I am not certain how she never had a boyfriend. When she first aired. she was small, cute, and seemed like she bathed. Pole was the best she could get? I am not even talking about his physical appearance; his personality from the beginning has been scary.

She rolled the dice to find a sugar daddy outside of her country and landed on Pole. That was a mistake. Marrying him and having his baby was a stupid decision that she made willfully. Being small (she was never cute) aside - she settled on Pole and staying with him is more stupidity on her part.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, millennium said:

So Jenny never considered her phone wouldn't work in India.  Does she realize her Walgreen's coupons are probably a bust too?  

I can't see the woman headed for South Africa as anything but selfish.   If it was just her, I would say bon voyage.  But that little boy.   He'll grow up and tell his shrink, My mom used to meet ex-cons from overseas on the internet, then drag me halfway across the globe and let me believe these losers were my father.   On national television.   So yeah, I have trust issues.

The Aladin woman.   Without makeup, she looks like The Skipper.

Karine just looks diseased, with or without makeup.   It's sad Pole couldn't bring along everything the baby will need, but at least he brought the essentials, like a stuffed animal and a Wet N Wild 50-shade eyeshadow palette for Karine.   

Hahahah first thing I said to my husband was .. this guy had to pack his life in 2 luggage’s and the major necessity is an eyeshadow kit ? #priorities . 

P.s I think I missed the part about why they don’t sell baby items in her country . No one has babies there ? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

In movies and literature, when women are battened upon by vampires, whether the blood-sucking kind or the ones that just feed on your life force, their beauty starts to drain away.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

"I don't think Paul knows how to make intelligent decisions"

-karine

Really girl, he has been arrested for arson, he can't keep a job shovelling cow dung, and he damn near threw himself into what was literal poop water.....like with floating poops!

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

I feel kinda bad for her too. She has made a terrible and terrifying life decision by choosing to stay with Pole. I am not certain how she never had a boyfriend. When she first aired. she was small, cute, and seemed like she bathed. Pole was the best she could get?

Last week, they showed us a video of a pretty, bikini clad Karine doing sexy moves on the internet.  I am surprise Paul was the biggest fish she could catch.  It seemed that her plan was to migrate to the US. Now, she is pregnant and stuck with this broke ex-con, whom she supposedly hates. 

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I like Karine's brother:  "I think Paul is a bit of an unbalanced person."   

Jenny is like an excited new puppy about to pee on the floor:  "Oh Sumit! You're so amazing. I like EVERYTHING about you! I can't believe this is happening! Is this happening? I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I mean I really really love you. You are MY EVERYTHING!"

Sumit:  "I don't know if I'll choose Jenny, or my parents." 

Ludwig master of the grilled cheese.  He has  wisdom and possesses something that Laura doesn't have: common sense. 

So she basically admitted that she married the dude to get it on. 

Oh girl. There will be no babies for you. The only eggs you have left are scrambled. 

The goodbye scene with Daniel and his friend seemed very opportunistic. It gave me the sads. A moment like that should not be fodder for masses.  And the kid is already calling him Daddy?  I'm not getting good vibes with Tiffany so far. Something in the makeup ain't clean. 

Jenny has had so many emotional breakdowns in the space of a day.  A little of that goes a LOOOOONG way.

Ha ha, I knew summit was never gonna get away with lying to his parents.  He sounds like the worst liar ever.

For those of you with knowledge of the Indian culture, does it say anything about the socioeconomic standing of summit's family that they don't have a real toilet?  I'm just curious.

Also, dude Jenny you need to wash your hair like right now, and you probably need a shower too.  Just suck it up and use the cold water, stop being a baby.

• Love 15
22 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

THIS.   Tiffany said Daniel spontaneously started calling Ronald "dad."  How pathetic is it that the kid is so starved for ANY male attention that he'll just call some random person he's never met "dad"?  And while she mouths the right words that she won't go through with it if the Daniel and Ronald don't "click" I don't believe for a second she means it.

This x1000.  Her parroting what she knows she should say does not excuse the fact that she is doing the opposite.

First off, you aren't responsible for making good choices for Ronald, he is a grown ass man who can make good decisions for himself.

Second, how could it possibly be a good idea for your son to dump a ready made family on a guy who JUST got out of rehab.  Marrying into a ready made family would be stressful for someone who wasn't an addict, and if he stresses out there is a good chance he relapses

Third, why the rush to get married?  And what exactly are you going to do if it doesn't work out because it was sounding a lot like "I can't force Daniel for something I want" as in, I'll send Daniel home, but I'll stay here.

14 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

And none of it with any practical application - unicorn onesies, kid cereal, giant stuffed poop emojis, What was she thinking?

The only practical gift was the Mickey Mouse dildo.

In her defense, she asked him for mounds of stupid shit, but how could Paul possibly think that it was important to bring the cheap eyeshadow palette when she is like 7 months pregnant?!???

14 hours ago, nr65000 said:

If there is a breakout star from this hot mess, it is Ludwing.  Blondie would be wise to listen to this voice of reason.

She never will, you could just see it in her eyes that everything he said went in one ear and out the other.

I don't know, I can't see aladin being attracted to her physically, but just in the unlikely event that he is, she has got to work on her skin.  I don't know what's going on, but she needs sunscreen? Glycolic acid? Vitamin C?  A mask?  A Halloween mask?  

You shouldn't go full Darcy, but maybe try?  

14 hours ago, nr65000 said:

You're not wrong, Karine looks awful and unwell.  Very, very different from the first time we saw her.

I'm hoping this is maybe like pregnancy hormones?  Some women glow and some women....don't....

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Obviously Sumit expects that Jenny's Social Security will pay the rent on their apartment. "$350 a month!" she'll exclaim. "I can cover that easily! Let me help! You work so hard!" Her SS will stretch a lot further in India than it will in Palm Springs.

Laura is in for a world of hurt. If her Tunisian love rat is living and working in Qatar, then he has next to no rights and is probably treated as little better than a serf. He's no personal trainer. He either works construction or in the service industry. Six days a week, 12 hours a day, probably. Guest workers are not treated very well there.

I like Tiffany, except for her being so stupid, anyway. She seems like a nice thoughtful person, kind, a loving and attentive mother (unlike dumbass bovine Nicole and slovenly Rachel). Then she starts spouting off about her felon, addict boyfriend and I lose my mind. Tiffany! Stop it! She's very pretty. Her little boy is adorable and I would like to squeeze him and squeeze him. His toy sharks! What a sweetie. What kind of charisma does this Ronald character have that would make her, even for a moment, put that precious boy at risk? She's copped to his "putting her through hell". She must think that her pure, unstinting love can "fix" him. We all know how that goes.

I'm trying to figure out aladin's play here and it makes me wonder what the marriage and property rights laws are in quatar?  

Does he basically control her monthly retirement checks if they are sent over to quatar because he is her husband?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, endure said:

Huh?  I spread the butter on the outside of the bread then put it in the pan.  So many methods 🤔

This is a good idea but Ive always put the butter on the bread, which can be hard if you have butter that requires softening but you want grilled cheese now!!

4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I think that would be awesome if you did.

Do you use really thin bread or a really hot pan so the cheese melts immediately?  I don't have a panini press, but if I tried making a grilled cheese without the butter I'd be scared the bread would burn.

2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

This is a good idea but Ive always put the butter on the bread, which can be hard if you have butter that requires softening but you want grilled cheese now!!

You could soften it in the microwave, or over some warm water or melt it and brush it on maybe try brushing on olive oil......now I want a grilled cheese🧀 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Hahahah first thing I said to my husband was .. this guy had to pack his life in 2 luggage’s and the major necessity is an eyeshadow kit ? #priorities . 

Not even a good eye shadow kit. I mean if it was Pat McGrath or Natasha Denona i would understand.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Jenny has had so many emotional breakdowns in the space of a day.  A little of that goes a LOOOOONG way.

Ha ha, I knew summit was never gonna get away with lying to his parents.  He sounds like the worst liar ever.

For those of you with knowledge of the Indian culture, does it say anything about the socioeconomic standing of summit's family that they don't have a real toilet?  I'm just curious.

Also, dude Jenny you need to wash your hair like right now, and you probably need a shower too.  Just suck it up and use the cold water, stop being a baby.

I know several people who have been to the Middle East and they all say toilets are not the norm there. A hole in the floor with a nearby hose is how they go. The reason is because it is supposed to be the natural easiest way to go #2 (squatting). Someone became a millionaire by inventing the squatty potty, which is a stool you put around your (real) toilet in the US to have that squatting position without dumping a deuce on the floor and hosing it into a hole. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

It's pretty common in a lot of the world, across socioeconomic backgrounds, to have a squat toilet.  It does the job and it conserves water.  If you think about it, we're ridiculously spoiled to use a basin of fresh drinking water to hold our body waste, when many don't even have enough to drink.

7 hours ago, endure said:

Right that's was said, but didn't he say sometime before that he invested something like $40,000?  I'm confused lol.

His life savings, $40k, went to various things, a car, property, gifts for everyone she's ever met, and $2k specifically for the bar.

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

P.s I think I missed the part about why they don’t sell baby items in her country . No one has babies there ? 

To be fair, Karine is insane.  She has previously demanded an ark of cheap stuffed animals, weird food, and sex toys.  I can see why he didn't want to risk her wrath over not having her make up.  He knows that isn't sold there whereas there obviously have to be some sorts of baby stuff for sale.  Why he acts like mail doesn't exist I don't know.  Just for giggles, I just looked and Amazon is available there, and even has a huge baby section.

35 minutes ago, endure said:

You could soften it in the microwave, or over some warm water or melt it and brush it on maybe try brushing on olive oil......now I want a grilled cheese🧀 

I totally had grilled cheese for dinner.  I like using mayo on my bread.  It's a thin layer and gives great toasting.  It's just eggs and oil after all.  And you won't know it's mayo, it's not like a hot glob or anything.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

@Drogo, is it to soon to have a poll on "The Other Way" - which American and which foreigner are the stupidest of stupid? I think we all have pretty strong feelings already, lol. 

Such a race to the bottom....and a photofinish at that. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

I totally had grilled cheese for dinner.  I like using mayo on my bread.  It's a thin layer and gives great toasting.  It's just eggs and oil after all.  And you won't know it's mayo, it's not like a hot glob or anything.

🤔 what a great idea I will try that next time! thanks!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, millennium said:

I grew up Catholic so I feel guilty about pretty much everything.

But not this.

I feel guilty when I think about it, but you'd have to pry my toilet out of my cold, dead hands. Or I guess you'd have to pry my cold, dead butt off the toilet seat 

I also assume we somehow recycle the water, right?

But thank you to the posters who answered my questions about the toilet.  Im trying to figure out why sumits parents hadn't married him off the second Jenny flew back to America the first time.  I thought maybe there was some Victorian / Jane Austen type deal where like sumits family was impoverished but had a strong family name and they were looking for a girl with "new money" who wanted the cache of a family name.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Spike said:

How is Pole going to teach English to Portuguese speakers when he speaks no Portuguese?  Immersion lol?

Not to mention, he has a hard time with English. He talks so bloody fast I need subtitles to understand him half the time. I can't imagine how a foreign student would end up butchering it with Pole as a teacher.

4 hours ago, millennium said:

I don't think she was ever in any real danger of not being able to reach him.  Probably all she had to do was call any 1-800 number and ask for Sumit.

Or Michael Jones ☺

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lizajane said:

Not to mention, he has a hard time with English. He talks so bloody fast I need subtitles to understand him half the time. I can't imagine how a foreign student would end up butchering it with Pole as a teacher.

I'd adore a bunch of students roaming around looking for the, "bodok".

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

@Drogo, is it to soon to have a poll on "The Other Way" - which American and which foreigner are the stupidest of stupid? I think we all have pretty strong feelings already, lol. 

Have we met them all yet?

49 minutes ago, Angry Moldolvian said:

There’s the strange Japanese man with the pregnant American . That couple looks all sort of bizarre 

Let's wait for them to show up!

• Love 3