Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Life is Not a Cabaret

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, QQQQ said:

Here's something this midwesterner noticed on her 3rd viewing: when saying Truffle fries, they place the emphasis on 'fries' which sounds weird to me. To be honest, I've only ever ordered French fries (but when I do, I say FRENCH fries, not French FRIES).

I agree. I know someone who says, “ice CREAM” and “dry CLEANing.” Drives me crazy. 

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, AnnA said:

Exactly!

And Carole got just what she deserved........

image.jpeg

A 50 year old international business owner / executive / knower of all things gets gas lighted and the her claim to fame is BOOYAH BITCH???   🤣🤣🤣.  Rock on B.   Why don’t you have tampons in that tiny purse you are clutching??

#1.  If Bethenny is so smart, how she get gas lighted by little minded Carole?  

#2. If you are going on 50 years old how is BOOYAH BITCH!  Something to be proud of?  I’m going on 42 and I would never do that to someone in public. EVER

#3. No one deserves this treatment. EVER.  Be polite, be nice, be kind.  TO ALL PEOPLE EVERY DAY.  

#4.  This has nothing to do with the episode here.  

#5.  We should all try to be great mommas!   #lifegoals #bestlife

#6.  I’m skinny and have nice boobs, I also work hard and make good money.  Ergo, I’m  not jealous of B for these things.  

#7.  I was widowed myself at the age of 26.  2 month before my wedding, full mass.  Completed marriage prep /  pre Cana.  Bethenny did not have to walk in to every place that was paid for and ask to cancel. SHE DID NOT. 

A21375EB-AF37-4952-916A-26636D94B2F1.jpeg.c2dd3ee826927338daeb8ec1b5ef3a52.jpeg

Edited by geauxaway
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Here's something this midwesterner noticed on her 3rd viewing: when saying Truffle fries, they place the emphasis on 'fries' which sounds weird to me. To be honest, I've only ever ordered French fries (but when I do, I say FRENCH fries, not French FRIES).

This New Yorker never heard of Truffle fries until this show.  What are they exactly?  I just say fries.  Maybe I should get out more, lol.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

This New Yorker never heard of Truffle fries until this show.  What are they exactly?  I just say fries.  Maybe I should get out more, lol.

It's just french fries with truffle oil.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/20/2019 at 11:22 PM, geauxaway said:

A 50 year old international business owner / executive / knower of all things gets gas lighted and the her claim to fame is BOOYAH BITCH???   🤣🤣🤣.  Rock on B.   Why don’t you have tampons in that tiny purse you are clutching??

Because announcing in as public a way as possible that you're still menstruating has become the go-to desperation move for Housewives wanting to proclaim their dewy youthfulness, despite all appearances to the contrary.  Just when you think Bethenny might actually be smart enough to dodge some of these standard pitfalls, she steps right into one after another.

I'm very sorry for your loss, by the way.  You were awfully young to endure a blow like that.

• Love 9
On 6/20/2019 at 9:13 PM, Drumpf1737 said:

Lu is a delusional trainwreck, but I wonder if she really needs the money she's making from caberet? First the Count divorces her after a very public affair, Tom, now this debacle with the houses so I empathize but she's so self centered she's insufferable. 

And ffs just say you're sorry! It's so maddening that I have to give credit to her but at least Bethenny will apologize or did I miss something.

Sonja's constant picking at Tinsley is infuriating because it's just jealousy. Tinsley has money; it's Sonja who's broke.  Why does she keep insinuating Tinsley is selling herself to a guy with money? 

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I'm really tired of this one.

Haha! Yes, Sonja is so jealous she’d only go for bargain basement prices.  She is getting rabid about Tinsley. 

• Love 4
On 6/21/2019 at 7:04 AM, Gem 10 said:

On 6/21/2019 at 8:04 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

It's just french fries with truffle oil.  

Most truffle fries are truffle oil drizzled over hot fries, topped with parsley, salt, and sometimes parmesan cheese. I'm going to suggest hot fries tossed with parsley, parmesan cheese, and salt (truffle if you have it). However, most importantly served with a truffle toum dipping sauce. Toum sauce is used in Levant cooking. It's garlic, oil, salt, lemon juice, and a little water blended into an emulsion. My recommendation is that some of the oil used in toum preparation be substituted with the truffle oil. If you have a nearby Middle Eastern market, they might even sell toum at which point I'd say just add some truffle oil to that. Any leftover sauce is great on seafood, chicken, steak, and sandwiches.

Lobster Poptarts

It's chunks of lobster with a Mornay sauce in phyllo dough. If you have a half decent understanding of cooking, it's easily replicable. I've never had the original and I'm only basing the recipe on a video where the head chef talks about their food and processes. I think you could decrease some of Mornay sauce and replace it with a lobster mousseline to bump up the lobster flavor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On June 21, 2019 at 8:04 AM, Gem 10 said:

This New Yorker has no interest in anything made with or from truffles.  If they were merely a fungus like mushrooms, I might reconsider.   However, since their spores are only spread in animal feces, I have zero interest. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/20/2019 at 8:13 PM, Drumpf1737 said:

Sonja's constant picking at Tinsley is infuriating because it's just jealousy. Tinsley has money; it's Sonja who's broke.  Why does she keep insinuating Tinsley is selling herself to a guy with money?

Sonja's picked on Tinsley since Tins came on the show. I think that she hates that Tinsley refuses to kiss Sonja's ass for serving as her introduction to the show.

At least Sonja isn't singing the "She's an ungrateful houseguest" song again.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

This New Yorker has no interest in anything made with or from truffles.  If they were merely a fungus like mushrooms, I might reconsider.   However, since their spores are only spread in animal feces, I have zero interest. 

You do know they grow mushrooms in horse manure? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/20/2019 at 8:14 PM, stcroix said:

I totally agree-- Luann does not need friends.  She's fine just like she is.  As long as she gets attention and looks good, who needs other women? (her thoughts) That backfires on her when she's around these women who all need other women to validate them-- I think that is a BORE to Luann.  Who wants to spend time on other women when there's Fabulous Her to focus on? I think that's why she could leave her children so easily, even encouraging them to stay by themselves at the Hamptons home while she spent weekends in New York when they were teenagers.  I know she loves them but I don't think she needs even them.  😞  

On another topic: Is there not a show on this week?!?!  I get mine through Amazon Prime and got my treat ready and signed in to find no show last night!  Horrors.  What's going on? 

Maybe LuAnn's friends just aren't Housewives? I totally understand people who don't have many friends. People can get busy with work, spouses, kids, health issues, just not be social butterflies, etc. But I don't get women who see women friends as pointless. LuAnn is lucky to be a beautiful woman, and she also happens to be in the public arena. But what about a couple of decades from now? What if there are no more Bravo cameras at all, no cabaret, kids are grown, and she's no longer the hot babe to men? Doesn't she want friends to share laughs and memories with? I don't have a ton of female friends, but I cherish the ones I have. 

• Applause 2