Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Pardon Our French

• Start Topic

I honestly think the women were prodded by producers to create some sort of drama- "Ladies, you don't work for the travel channel.  I know your viewers are content to ogle castles and medieval bridges, but Satan...I mean Andy...isn't, so find something to fight about."

At this point, I think LR reached into her drama bag and pulled out the old and tired- anything to do with Kim Richards.  So she threw it out and there and waited to see what happens.  It appears from the show that nothing came of the conversation the first time it was put out there.  But Kyle also had her marching orders from Bravo, so she decided to bring it back up, thinking she is putting Rinna and Erika into the hot seats and keeping her hands clean, because Kyle totally thinks she is the stealth drama master.  Erika sees all of this and gets pissed at the easily manipulated hungry bitches attempting to create drama over her, with her  or anything even near her.  Erika has tried to tell them that they CAN sell a show where they all get along and eat croque monsieurs and she's pissed they're not at least willing to try it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
8 hours ago, Giselle said:

In our world I would give you all my chocolate.

And I would happily accept!  Hershey's Hugs and Kisses to you, Giselle!  I would send you oodles of caramels!

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 7
(edited)

Erika has every right to stay out of this, RInna  appropriated her persona as carte blanche to say whatever she wants.

I'd be like Erika, "Fuck this, your beef is with her not me. I'll be at the bar."

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
(edited)
16 hours ago, Jel said:

Her masks fell away for me this season too, and I noticed just how very good she is at manipulating, attacking, deflecting and gaslighting.  Absolute master level. She's everything she's ever accused Lisa Vanderpump of being, and more.

Yup! Like I previously posted. Take a look at season 1 and season 2 Kyle. That girl has a ton of resentments. I believe at lot of it comes from being in Kim's shadow while they were growing up.  I know she had a very crazy upbringing so I won't deny her that but at the same time I feel like Kyle's issues are more a result of jealousy and entitlement more than they are of unfortunate circumstances. Hell we all grow up with some form of parental inadequacies. My mom was an alcoholic with a gambling problem who wasn't all that affectionate. But during the day she kept a clean house, kept us clean, fed, in school, with regular visits to the dentist and Dr. But boy oh boy were there issues. Like horror story situations (a few attempted "suicides", while drunk, that I had to intervene on at 12 years old) So yeah, she was something and I love her to death. Still til this day (RIP) cause she did the best she could and she obviously had issues that she struggled with all her life. It helps that I am very informed about the details of her life. Comes in handy when you reach adulthood and are able to truly assess the past with maturity. (Bethenny you should try it sometime)

But yeah, Kyle's a mean girl. Kim was a perfect pawn for Kyle to get so much attention, sympathy, support. Kyle has been dying to be the one in the spotlight from the first day she realized her home was in Kim's shadow and this show gave her that chance finally. She's finally the one people know and her sister is just that sad has been alcoholic who Kyle had to survive.  Her show that "isn't" about her life but that shares her narrative. LVP is the star and once Kim was gone she ended up falling into LVP's shadow. LVP is the one with the spin off. I mean come on her BFF is Beth who also shares this need to be seen as someone who's had it rough and has suffered throughout her adulthood because of it. Beth suffers from the same ailment as Kyle but only to a more manic degree. I'll say that much.

LVP is no longer an adversary. Kim isn't a part of the cast. Brandi isn't a factor anymore. Camille is now her bestie, what else does Kyle have to cry about and be the victim of? Oh yeah, she's a survivor of an eating disorder. Kyle trots these things out for attention and nothing but attention. And she's create a wedge in order to make the ladies pick sides and then she's created the perfect stage for mean girl antics. Teddi is perfect for her cause because I get the feeling that Teddi never really ran with the popular crowd. Teddi is so thirsty to be in a clique it's pathetic. 

I've warmed to Kyle a bit over the years because when she's mindful and follows her PR persons advice she's okay and there are things she brings to the table that are enjoyable but this whole LVP take down has really started to bring her back to her roots. I must say. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, dosodog said:

Remember when Kathryn Edwards told a server "not to bother offering Rinna food because she wouldn't eat it anyways?  Rinna got ticked off.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2016/02/lisa-rinna-eating-disorder-claims-slams-gossip/

What’s with Rinna anyway?  She doesn’t eat, exercises her ass off, so she could still look like a teen.  Where’s her nourishment?  Vitamins?  Time will catch up with her and those bones won’t be the same anymore.  She should concentrate on doing something with those horrendous lips.  I think Erika looks more smashing with that heavenly body which looks more womanly instead of a scarecrow that is Rinna.  ( I’m bad, I know).

• Love 8
9 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

If Kyle says she had an eating disorder, I believe her, but, like Film Noire, I thought her revelation was for less than genuine reasons. And, as Blubrd said, focusing on her weight wasn’t the most helpful way to frame the issue because it obscures the fact that anorexia (and all eating disorders) are a mental illness. Weight can be a symptom, but anorexia is, first and foremost, a psychiatric illness with physical consequences. Her weight isn’t the most relevant thing here- behavior and mindset define whether someone suffers from an eating disorder. When we focus too much on weight, we can miss the actual illness.

Because eating disorders are a mental illness, like most mental illnesses, there can be a genetic component. And they are often seen in families that have addiction issues as well (which makes sense for Kyle). But they are not ALL genetic, Rinna. It’s such a cop-out to absolve her of any culpability in her daughter’s illness.

ETA: Here’s a link to an article that explains the genetic connection between addiction and eating disorders:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130821084832.htm

Good facts about eating disorders. Absolutely true about weight only being a consequence.

Also true about the link between addiction and eating disorders. It’s one of the reasons I choose not to drink. I recognized the addictive nature in myself early. Like Kyle, addiction does run in my family too. So many people don’t understand this and pressure me. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Thank you! I posted something similar somewhere. Erika Jayne uses "cunty" positively, while Rinna's use was very much negative. I would have had been supportive of Erika's desire to stay out of that discussion if she had a talking head where she admitted that she did have an issue with Rinna's depiction of "Erika Jayne," but wasn't going to be dragged into another dumb proxy fight. 

Why does she need to claim it at all when it's pretty obvious she wasn't letting herself be dragged into the fight. Why does she need a disclaimer? One thing about Erica she knows the less that is said the less has to be explained later. The more words or explanations or thoughts you contribute to a specific topic the more ways the others have to spin it into another question asking her to clarify what she meant, or why did she feel the need to, or doesn't she think it was wrong to......

She's minimal because no matter what, whatever she says, TH's or in their presence will be met with some sort of but, but, but Erika why...???????

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, izabella said:

I thought Rinna dressed more like Girardi than Erika Jayne.  EJ wears sexy, revealing, tight outfits with T&A and a lot of leg.  Girardi wears those godawful long t-shirts, like the one Rinna was wearing.

Sorry, but, no... She WAS 100% Erika Jayne (at Coachella) !

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

I've always thought the bunny was a weird thing to carry around as the pinnacle of anger and upset against Kim.  Rinna has that crazy and unsettling car ride, the accusations against Harry and other things- things that felt bigger to me.  But I don't get to decide  how someone feels, so if the bunny is her issue, so be it.

And  Kyle and Teddi don't get to tell Erika how to feel.  It is reasonable for them to wonder if she was bothered or offended by Rinna's interpretation of Erika Jayne, but once she said she wasn't, well....end of story.

I would say humiliation on national TV as a gift is thrown back in your face is a pretty big issue. 

Rinna deserved it. That season, season 7, Lisa used Kim and set up Sassoon for the  "Kim's dying" storyline and to get screen time. Kim was off the show after season 5, having 1-2 guest appearances in season 6. I didn't re-watch but I believe she came back as a guest season 7 first to talk about her new grandson to Kyle, then a second time at Kyle's tasting party where the bunny was given and Kim later addressed what Lisa had been saying about her. 

Lisa R will milk anything for all it's worth especially if she needs a storyline and that's why I don't believe the truce.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 14
(edited)
18 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

I’m from Ventura CA.......population around 189000....Malibu has several hundred more house stretching from LA/BH..they lost a lot of friends..(Denise mentions fires up north on WWHL)...

Ventura smaller beach town between Malibu and Santa Barbara....fire started 29 miles away...unfortunately 70mph SantAna winds were blowing 

By 4 Am 100s (253 total) burned to ground. In a city that small with nearly zero real estate available...

i can count 50 families who left..those are only the ones I know about.

Devastating...count my blessings only a corner of my garage roof suffered! 😟

The 2017 Ventura Thomas fire became the biggest CA wild fire since San Diego's 2003.

That was surpassed the next year in 2018 by  the Ranch fire. The Camp fire in the fall took out the town of Paradise.

What was doubly tragic at the time of last year's  Woolsey fire was the mass shooting in Thousand Oaks the night before.

We didn't need to evacuate, but Mr  G. had to work from home for two weeks as roads and areas were closed.  We offered to take in friends, coworkers and pets fortunately they all had other family in LA and Ventura Co.

It's still pretty scary when you are safe but can see and smell the fires raging. The smoke & ash are awful. You couldn't buy face masks. We ended up using wet bandanas.

Edited by Giselle
It was the camp fire that destroyed Paradise
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Seriously?  They are in France and they order a burger???  What kind of travelers are they?  And I could not believe no one started singing "Sur le Pont D'Avignon" when they were on the bridge.  I guess nobody took high school French...

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Solokitty said:

Seriously?  They are in France and they order a burger???  What kind of travelers are they?  And I could not believe no one started singing "Sur le Pont D'Avignon" when they were on the bridge.  I guess nobody took high school French...

I think another poster mentioned this as well - I took 2 years of French in high school and 1 year in college and I never learned this song!  I just googled it to make sure and nope.  Never learned it.  Lots of Frere Jacques though.  😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

I must be going insane. I actually thought Dorit looked nice at the first dinner. Her hair and makeup was pretty and I even liked her silk pajama outfit. And I thought the moment between her and Teddy in the kitchen when they were discussing Camille's house and Dorit teared up, was genuine. Dorit gave Teddy a hug from behind and I thought was sincere. 

Yes, a pig just flew by my window. 

Erica's croque monsieur at lunch with the fries looked delicious. 

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I must be going insane. I actually thought Dorit looked nice at the first dinner. Her hair and makeup was pretty and I even liked her silk pajama outfit. And I thought the moment between her and Teddy in the kitchen when they were discussing Camille's house and Dorit teared up, was genuine. Dorit gave Teddy a hug from behind and I thought was sincere. 

Yes, a pig just flew by my window. 

I actually thought that moment was sweet, too.  And I, typically, cannot stand either one of them.

• Love 9
(edited)

Amelia is only 17 (or so Rinna was saying)…. why does she suddenly have to brand herself as an eating disorders/wellness expert at that age?  Has the girl graduated high school?  From fledgling supermodel to wellness expert all before hitting 18.  And from last week she is in the middle of her illness not looking back.  All that stuff she was saying about being allergic to this that and the other?  It's not good. 

And of course Rinna's own issues are the elephant in the room.

So next week touchy, tetchy Erica is BACK and woe betide anyone who looks at her wrong!  I wonder if the fact she apparently has to keep on a pleasant game face with Mr Girardi--she treats him like he's her headmaster--results in her being so moody with others.

Edited by Rubyslippahz
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Amelia is only 17 (or so Rinna was saying)…. why does she suddenly have to brand herself as an eating disorders/wellness expert at that age?  Has the girl graduated high school?  From fledgling supermodel to wellness expert all before hitting 18.  And from last week she is in the middle of her illness not looking back.  All that stuff she was saying about being allergic to this that and the other?  It's not good. 

And of course Rinna's own issues are the elephant in the room.

So next week touchy, tetchy Erica is BACK and woe betide anyone who looks at her wrong!  I wonder if the fact she apparently has to keep on a pleasant game face with Mr Girardi--she treats him like he's her headmaster--results in her being so moody with others.

I'll give Amelia a pass on wanting to work with people suffering eating disorders. She's still a kid trying to find her niche. If she's really interested she will pursue it and good for her. If she doesn't I hope she finds something she's happy doing. Modeling isn't going to happen as a viable career or she would have hit already, and she doesn't seem to have that magnetic energy to be a personality.

Lisa R. Will use anybody even her daughter's health issues for a story line. She should not have brought it up to the ladies. It can set up expectations that create more pressure for Amelia. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

That sandwich looked both delicious and the perfect hangover cure.  I do like that Erica is willing to enjoy good food without stressing herself out over it.  Was it Teddi who also got the croque monsieur?  If it was, I bet she immediately went to work out once they returned to the chateau.

• Love 8
Just now, Ohiopirate02 said:

That sandwich looked both delicious and the perfect hangover cure.  I do like that Erica is willing to enjoy good food without stressing herself out over it.  Was it Teddi who also got the croque monsieur?  If it was, I bet she immediately went to work out once they returned to the chateau.

I like that too. Erika’s the one I’d most enjoy a meal with. I think she’s got a really healthy attitude about diet and exercise. She keeps in shape but doesn’t stress about it. 

• Love 11
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I'll give Amelia a pass on wanting to work with people suffering eating disorders. She's still a kid trying to find her niche. If she's really interested she will pursue it and good for her. If she doesn't I hope she finds something she's happy doing. Modeling isn't going to happen as a viable career or she would have hit already, and she doesn't seem to have that magnetic energy to be a personality.

Lisa R. Will use anybody even her daughter's health issues for a story line. She should not have brought it up to the ladies. It can set up expectations that create more pressure for Amelia. 

When I worked at the University of Georgia, I would work with the Department of Foods and Nutrition. I became really good friends with one of the professors. She confided in me that one of the things that she saw constantly was how many of the young women who flocked to the Nutrition major were battling personal eating disorders. Most of them were using the information they gathered from the program to become more firmly entrenched in their disordered eating while appearing to learn how more about how to prevent it. 

Amelia reminds me of the women that the professor described. I don't think she wants to help others. I think she wants to find a way to burrow further into her disordered behavior while pretending that it's to stay healthy and be a role model. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Why does she need to claim it at all when it's pretty obvious she wasn't letting herself be dragged into the fight. Why does she need a disclaimer? One thing about Erica she knows the less that is said the less has to be explained later. The more words or explanations or thoughts you contribute to a specific topic the more ways the others have to spin it into another question asking her to clarify what she meant, or why did she feel the need to, or doesn't she think it was wrong to......

She's minimal because no matter what, whatever she says, TH's or in their presence will be met with some sort of but, but, but Erika why...???????

It's not really a disclaimer. It's support of the artistic choices she's made for the character of Erika Jayne. I have no problem with Erika's refusal to be drawn into some new argument. I've said that one of things that would help me to respect Erika as an artist is if she acknowledged that other than the physical, Rinna did misrepresent what Erika Jayne was supposed to be about.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It's not really a disclaimer. It's support of the artistic choices she's made for the character of Erika Jayne. I have no problem with Erika's refusal to be drawn into some new argument. I've said that one of things that would help me to respect Erika as an artist is if she acknowledged that other than the physical, Rinna did misrepresent what Erika Jayne was supposed to be about.

But even something like that would succeed in dragging her into the fight. Or at least leaving the door open for them to continue pulling her in. I think she made the right call. 

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

But even something like that would succeed in dragging her into the fight. Or at least leaving the door open for them to continue pulling her in. I think she made the right call. 

Me too. You have to pick your battles. That one wasn’t worth it. Everyone knows  the history between Kim and Rinna. Now if Rinna spent the entire night acting like a bitch to everybody, then I’d get why Erika would be offended and need to speak up. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Yours Truly said:

Which is why I said, "in a talking head." I understand the futility of Erika trying to inject nuance and thoughtfulness into that shitshow pile on. I don't think Erika should have brought that up in front of Kyle and Teddi. Erika's theoretical artistic issues would have been better served by a one on one discussion with Rinna or a talking head, but at no point have I said that Erika should have addressed those concerns in front of the group.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

When I worked at the University of Georgia, I would work with the Department of Foods and Nutrition. I became really good friends with one of the professors. She confided in me that one of the things that she saw constantly was how many of the young women who flocked to the Nutrition major were battling personal eating disorders. Most of them were using the information they gathered from the program to become more firmly entrenched in their disordered eating while appearing to learn how more about how to prevent it. 

Amelia reminds me of the women that the professor described. I don't think she wants to help others. I think she wants to find a way to burrow further into her disordered behavior while pretending that it's to stay healthy and be a role model. 

My daddy used to say sort of the same thing about psych majors, that they started by trying to find an answer for themselves. I asked that very question to a friend as she was finishing her PhD to become a psychologist. She smiled, nodded her head and said at first she just took the class hoping to gain insight but that it changed for her into something she was curious and passionate about.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I loved this episode! The chateau was gorgeous, and I love that the ladies were gracious enough to oh and ah over their beautiful rooms, rather than act like half of the NY cast where choosing a room becomes a blood sport. 

I also noticed that the ladies got along just fine and were having fun until the last 10 minutes of the episode. I think, as I have in other epis, that the conflict was producer driven, because heaven forbid we go a whole episode without some manufactured/old drama. 

That said, at least LVP was only brought up once or twice briefly, which was one or twice too much for me but bearable. 

I love that no one traveled with a glam squad, even Ericka. Even at the end, when she looked soo tired (and so tired of saying that she had no problem with Rinna being Erika Jayne) she looked 100 % better than she does with the squad. Same goes with Dorito.

I don't have a problem with Rinna's kid thinking she can help other kids that may be suffering from an eating disorder. It seems more productive to me than what Olivia Jade does (or did) as an "influencer", or what any Kardasian does. More power to her.

Finally, as someone who lives in an area where wildfires have become a yearly occurrence (and volunteers with a group that goes into the fire zones to rescue animals, or feed ones that cannot be moved) I don't have a problem with how the ladies handled their calls to Denise and Camille. I don't have a problem either with what Harry said, as he referenced their friends, most of who I would imagine do live in mansions. But life goes on. Two of my nieces live in a town that was totally evacuated three years ago, and they were out of their home for 2 months. One niece still has nightmares about leaving surrounded by flames. It doesn't matter how much money you have, fear is fear. And loss is loss. 

THANK YOU!!!!!  I always feel very sad for all the critters.  I leave bowls of water out during fires (or SUPER hot days) for the wildlife that comes through our yard.  Fire is scary AF.  I have had to evacuate before and it was scary.  My sister had to flee with flames around her house.  Rich/poor, fire is frightening.  

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

I’m from Ventura CA.......population around 189000....Malibu has several hundred more house stretching from LA/BH..they lost a lot of friends..(Denise mentions fires up north on WWHL)...

Ventura smaller beach town between Malibu and Santa Barbara....fire started 29 miles away...unfortunately 70mph SantAna winds were blowing 

By 4 Am 100s (253 total) burned to ground. In a city that small with nearly zero real estate available...

i can count 50 families who left..those are only the ones I know about.

Devastating...count my blessings only a corner of my garage roof suffered! 😟

Hi neighbor!  I am in Santa Barbara!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

At this point, I think LR reached into her drama bag and pulled out the old and tired- anything to do with Kim Richards.  So she threw it out and there and waited to see what happens.  It appears from the show that nothing came of the conversation the first time it was put out there.  But Kyle also had her marching orders from Bravo, so she decided to bring it back up, thinking she is putting Rinna and Erika into the hot seats and keeping her hands clean, because Kyle totally thinks she is the stealth drama master.  Erika sees all of this and gets pissed at the easily manipulated hungry bitches attempting to create drama over her, with her  or anything even near her.  Erika has tried to tell them that they CAN sell a show where they all get along and eat croque monsieurs and she's pissed they're not at least willing to try it.

Maybe the French people got tired of having them try to out-pronounce each other on "croque monsieur" and told them to talk about something else 😄 😄 😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

And I thought the moment between her and Teddy in the kitchen when they were discussing Camille's house and Dorit teared up, was genuine. Dorit gave Teddy a hug from behind and I thought was sincere. 

That was a nice moment.  My earlier comments about the lack of sincerity about the news was directed at Kyle & Rinna.  I had forgotten that Dorit & Teddi actually seemed to give a damn.  

5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I tried a croque monsieur a few months ago made by a Top Chef winner.  It was good, but I thought of it mostly as a dressed up ham and cheese sandwich!  I love anything with butter on it, so even though the bread was a little rich with the butter it was cooked in, it was still tasty.  I doubt that Rinna would ever take even a crumb of a croque monsieur, given the richness of it.  Good for EJ for eating normal portions of food, and not just crumbs.  

• Love 11

I think that Rinna wants to be thought of as "the zany one." And, although Erika Jayne has a "message" and is "about" whatever, I think neither Erika Girardi or Erika Jayne cares if Rinna uses the EJ name in vain (it especially seems like something EJ would not be "about"--she don't give a fuck what people do!).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

That was a nice moment.  My earlier comments about the lack of sincerity about the news was directed at Kyle & Rinna.  I had forgotten that Dorit & Teddi actually seemed to give a damn.  

I tried a croque monsieur a few months ago made by a Top Chef winner.  It was good, but I thought of it mostly as a dressed up ham and cheese sandwich!  I love anything with butter on it, so even though the bread was a little rich with the butter it was cooked in, it was still tasty.  I doubt that Rinna would ever take even a crumb of a croque monsieur, given the richness of it.  Good for EJ for eating normal portions of food, and not just crumbs.  

Confession. 

Croque Monsieur looks like a Monte Christo without jam and powdered suger to me.  Which is how I prefer a Monte Cristo.

Is the Monte Cristo an American version of the French original?  If so, how different are they?

The closest to an authentic Cubano sandwich (Dexter!) I've had was in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  American versions were good, but the bread is different than what they use in Cuba and Puerto Rico.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

THANK YOU!!!!!  I always feel very sad for all the critters.  I leave bowls of water out during fires (or SUPER hot days) for the wildlife that comes through our yard.  Fire is scary AF.  I have had to evacuate before and it was scary.  My sister had to flee with flames around her house.  Rich/poor, fire is frightening.  

Hey neighbor 

hope you persevered!

CRAZY that Thomas (names after Thomas Aquinas College where assholes let out of control)

It started Dec 4 at 4-6pm....not contained until mid January 

hit my beloved Santa Barbara hard

still largest California wildfire in modern history 😟😟🤕🙏

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Confession. 

Croque Monsieur looks like a Monte Christo without jam and powdered suger to me.  Which is how I prefer a Monte Cristo.

Is the Monte Cristo an American version of the French original?  If so, how different are they?

The closest to an authentic Cubano sandwich (Dexter!) I've had was in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  American versions were good, but the bread is different than what they use in Cuba and Puerto Rico.

Croque Monsieur is ham and cheese that is toasted/grilled with a bechamel sauce.  Top it with a runny fried egg and you have a Croque Madame.

A Monte Cristo is generally a bigger sandwich, I think, and then it's battered and fried. Plus it's served with jam and powdered sugar (as you mentioned). 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
On 6/11/2019 at 7:41 PM, Callaphera said:

I wish that Kyle had directly said, "Rinna, I don't think you acted appropriately at Farrah's party." Because IMO Rinna owes her an apology and yet, here we are.

I don't understand why this is something that affects Kyle.  Her sister is a big girl, and if Rinna and Kim have a beef, Kyle should just stay out of it. 

Kyle saw what went down.  I would think she'd be embarrassed to support Kim's dick move to accept a gift and then make a big show out of giving it back on a later occasion.  She should know better than others that Kim has a shit attitude and causes a lot of her own problems. 

Head down Kyle, and look the other way if you have to.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, smores said:

Croque Monsieur is ham and cheese that is toasted/grilled with a bechamel sauce.  Top it with a runny fried egg and you have a Croque Madame.

A Monte Cristo is generally a bigger sandwich, I think, and then it's battered and fried. Plus it's served with jam and powdered sugar (as you mentioned). 

Ooooo!  I didn't see the Bechamel sauce!

That's like a Hot Brown only with ham instead of turkey.  I've never had a Hot Brown and I would like to try one.

I'm ordering a Croque Monsieur and if they look at me funny, I'm asking for a Monte Cristo, no sugar or jam, add Bechamel sauce.

Obviously I like sandwiches.

More food porn on RH shows!  I appreciate the giant cheese pasta bowl--never seen one until this season and the Croque Monsieur.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I don't understand why this is something that affects Kyle.  Her sister is a big girl, and if Rinna and Kim have a beef, Kyle should just stay out of it. 

Kyle saw what went down.  I would think she'd be embarrassed to support Kim's dick move to accept a gift and then make a big show out of giving it back on a later occasion.  She should know better than others that Kim has a shit attitude and causes a lot of her own problems. 

Well the way it works in my family, if you have beef with my sister and you come at her disrespectfully and in MY home. Yeah, you're gonna definitely hear from me. Fo Sho! 

• Love 10
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:17 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't understand what was so difficult to understand about what Kyle and Teddi were saying and I don't think Teddi was being Kyle's "henchman." It's not that hard to see why Rinna's using the Erika Jayne persona was confusing AND it's also not so out-of-bounds for them to think Erika might have been insulted by it. 

I don't think that Kyle and Teddi were trying to "bait" Erika - I think that they were genuinely confused about Erika's indifference because, as they both said, if Rinna had used their personae to go after Kim, they would have been annoyed by it. I get that both Rinna and Erika think that Erika Jayne is a performance persona but still, if you aren't an actress or performer, I think that is difficult to understand.

But Erika really wanted to make it all about her when I thought that Kyle made it clear that she was annoyed that Rinna went after Kim - perfectly understandable since Kim is Kyle's sister and it was at Kyle's daughter's party. Rinna's inability to understand that Kyle actually may have more loyalty to her sister, as screwed as she is, and that she should probably apologize to Kyle is annoying. And as for Teddi, I think she honestly was just confused and trying to clarify. 

In the whole scheme of things why does this even matter.  Yes what Rinna did was unconventional and odd BUT it led to her reconciling with Kim which is a good thing.  Instead of focusing on that Kyle and Teddi were just complaining about how uncomfortable it made them.. WHO CARES ???  Why focus on that and not the positive.  Plus once Erika said it didn't bother her they should have immediately dropped it! 

Erika was getting more annoyed by the sec and so was I!

• Love 3
(edited)
47 minutes ago, GirlyGamer said:

In the whole scheme of things why does this even matter.  Yes what Rinna did was unconventional and odd BUT it led to her reconciling with Kim which is a good thing.  Instead of focusing on that Kyle and Teddi were just complaining about how uncomfortable it made them.. WHO CARES ???  Why focus on that and not the positive.  Plus once Erika said it didn't bother her they should have immediately dropped it! 

Erika was getting more annoyed by the sec and so was I!

Kyle cares.  And just because the outcome was seemingly positive doesn't mean that Rinna's behavior was acceptable, especially because it was in Kyle's home during her daughter's birthday party. I think Kyle had ample reason to call Rinna out on her behavior, I just think she should have said she was upset by it without really mentioning the Erika Jayne stuff. And I think she probably should have done it one on one, but then there wouldn't be the drama, I guess. 

Because it caused conflict at her daughter's birthday party. I mean, thankfully, Farrah didn't see it and wasn't impacted by it but if someone came into my home and caused a scene with my sibling at my child's birthday party, I don't think it would be so beyond the pale for me to be upset by it.  

Kim's a big girl; so is Rinna. She can take being told that she acted inappropriately at someone else's event. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 8

I think it’s tricky being in Kyle’s shoes because Rinna has always been kind to her, Kim’s behavior can be hard to defend, and Kim didn’t stop being buddies with Brandi when Brandi was awful to Kyle. 

Kyle said as much on WWHL and also admitted she and Teddi shouldn’t have pushed Erika about being offended. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I get why Kyle was annoyed with Rinna doing it but also Teddi and Kyle just needed to make their point then let it go. No point in yammering on about something over and over. Move on lol.

Teddi can be annoying but I feel bad for her sometimes. I think she can be sensitive and everyone does hate on her a lot. I like her and don’t mind her on the show. Maybe I’m reading her wrong but I don’t think I am.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 5
On 6/13/2019 at 9:21 AM, Diane Mars said:

Sorry, but, no... She WAS 100% Erika Jayne (at Coachella) !

I just thought of something... where did Rinna get the matching tee shirt from? I presume the one Erika is wearing is custom by Moschino... a one of a kind... so did Rinna borrow it from Erika? But Erika didn’t know Rinna was coming as EJ? Hmmmm

• Useful 4
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

Ooooo!  I didn't see the Bechamel sauce!

That's like a Hot Brown only with ham instead of turkey.  I've never had a Hot Brown and I would like to try one.

I'm ordering a Croque Monsieur and if they look at me funny, I'm asking for a Monte Cristo, no sugar or jam, add Bechamel sauce.

Obviously I like sandwiches.

More food porn on RH shows!  I appreciate the giant cheese pasta bowl--never seen one until this season and the Croque Monsieur.

I remember croque monsieurs being on the menu at restaurants in the 70s when I was a kid, and I felt fancy and sophisticated when I ordered one (I was neither). But I remember them as basically a ham and Swiss cheese sandwich, melty and warm inside, but the bread they made them with was french toast.  And they cut the sandwich "fancy". But no Bechamel sogging up the works, gah! And definitely no jam and powdered sugar  - I'm half reeling from that revelation and half dying to try it.

I thought Erika's meal looked like a big ol' North American sized portion, too. It made me wonder if it was a restaurant that caters to tourists.

• Love 2

So here’s the dynamic that I think has been coming for a while:

Teddi and Kyle have a lot in common. They’re actually very similar people in good and bad ways. They’re both sort of famous and come from families with show business ties. Both are very self-centered in the way that they view the world very personally and have a hard time relating to things without a personal connection. They both love their kids and I think found much more satisfaction in being moms then the show business careers they left behind. They’re both warm and maternal, but utterly humorless. They are both extraverts who are naturally very concerned with group dynamics. And both have a judgment mean streak that they refuse to acknowledge. And they both lack a great deal of self awareness.

And I don’t think Erica actually likes either one very much. I think Erica finds them dull and fairly provincial in an LA kind of way. Basically I think Erica thinks of them as humorless LA soccer moms with way too much time on their hands to worry about who brought store bought cookies to practice. I don’t think she hates them, but I don’t think she enjoys them either.  Now that they no longer have a common enemy in LVP, she has to listen to them be “confused” about all manner of mean girl minutia and I don’t think she cares at all. 

It was only a matter of time before she decided she was done with them too. It happened quicker then I imagined, but I’m not surprised.

• Useful 8
  • Love 5

I recall Erika saying her first season that she had few female friends. She’s said she’s never been well-liked by other women. I think she also said she was bullied as a child. Maybe that is why she gets so uncomfortable with things like pantygate and then almost being dragged into something totally unnecessary with Rinna. Stereotypically, women would get into it over something like that and men let things go easily. 

Now I always question people who say they don’t have girlfriends and men are always easier to get along with, but I’ve known women like Erika who think that way. Before RH, she was probably never around groups of other women very much, so that could be why she’s not enjoying herself sometimes. However she did say in an interview she had a lot of fun this season. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

So here’s the dynamic that I think has been coming for a while:

Teddi and Kyle have a lot in common. They’re actually very similar people in good and bad ways. They’re both sort of famous and come from families with show business ties. Both are very self-centered in the way that they view the world very personally and have a hard time relating to things without a personal connection. They both love their kids and I think found much more satisfaction in being moms then the show business careers they left behind. They’re both warm and maternal, but utterly humorless. They are both extraverts who are naturally very concerned with group dynamics. And both have a judgment mean streak that they refuse to acknowledge. And they both lack a great deal of self awareness.

And I don’t think Erica actually likes either one very much. I think Erica finds them dull and fairly provincial in an LA kind of way. Basically I think Erica thinks of them as humorless LA soccer moms with way too much time on their hands to worry about who brought store bought cookies to practice. I don’t think she hates them, but I don’t think she enjoys them either.  Now that they no longer have a common enemy in LVP, she has to listen to them be “confused” about all manner of mean girl minutia and I don’t think she cares at all. 

It was only a matter of time before she decided she was done with them too. It happened quicker then I imagined, but I’m not surprised.

Does Erika like anyone? If so, I haven't seen it. The most animated I've seen her is with Rinna and that's when Rinna was dressed up as her.

I do agree that Erika probably sees them as "provincial" and probably as more conventional than she is. Personally, I don't think she is nearly as unconventional as she thinks she is. And I wonder very strongly how much she has any deep emotional attachments or friendships. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 6/13/2019 at 4:34 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

TOTALLY off topic but the closest place I can run and get a sandwich for lunch is a French bakery and more often than not I go for the croque monsieur. Oh my God, if you haven’t tried one hit it up. Comfort food wise it’s a grilled cheese on steroids!!

• Love 7

Funny.  I love a monte cristo sandwich.  The first time I had one was at Michael's Pub when it was located on Third Ave. in NYC.  It became my favorite lunch time treat.  Years later I found a restaurant where we live now serving it.  My daughter loved it.  And then it was taken off the menu.  Total bummer.

Never had or heard of it being served with jam or jelly.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Does Erika like anyone? If so, I haven't seen it. The most animated I've seen her is with Rinna and that's when Rinna was dressed up as her.

I do agree that Erika probably sees them as "provincial" and probably as more conventional than she is. Personally, I don't think she is nearly as unconventional as she thinks she is. And I wonder very strongly how much she has any deep emotional attachments or friendships. 

I don’t think you’re wrong. I don’t think Erica especially likes any of the cast. They’re work friends to her. Some she would rather work with then others, but I would be surprised to find out that she had a significant relationship with any of them off camera. But I do think Kyle and Teddi might fall to the bottom of her choice of options.

as to the rest of her life, I don’t know. She strikes me as someone who is pretty comfortable spending time alone. She may not have that many people she chooses to spend time with. LVP struck me as the same way. Social and outgoing, but also introverted and independent. They both seemed like the type that like lots of alone time and have more casual friends then close friends. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11