Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Pardon Our French

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, film noire said:

Anorexic-style  (Let them not eat cake.)  

Wading into the deep end of the pool: Kyle spent this season behaving like a mean-girl pig; and a ballsy pig at that (a wild boar coming at you kind-of-pig. Nothing timid about attacking LVP in her own home,  Goodbye Kyle, or ignoring the brutality of dumping a dog. You have to have quite the callous heart to pull all that off, imo).  She's been an asshole since jump - chiding LVP for not noticing Kyle's own pain (equal to the loss of a brother by suicide) to bizarrely dragging her own daughter around like a life-sized doll on camera, as if that were a bright badge of motherhood.  And of course,  the unrelenting, gossipy harassment of LVP (a woman Kyle claimed was a dear friend. Hmm).

All of Kyle's masks fell away this season, imo. And the reaction was swift and negative. People hated her behaviour and on-display viciousness. And in the wake of all that, we are now suddenly being treated to a radically different version of Kyle than the one we've actually seen: a delicate Victorian maiden devoted to hearth and home, afflicted with nervous disorders, and once unable to eat but a drop of soup.  Golly. Almost looks like someone's trying desperately to repair her public image by playing one soft belly card after another, doesn't it  (See? I'm not the cold-hearted bitch you've been watching all season!) 

With all I've seen of Kyle this season, on screen and off, I found her (supposedly) spontaneous revelation unsettling.  I know what it is to battle your own body as if it were the enemy (as most women have in one way or another, imo)  and you don't throw that into the mix to repair your image, or buff your tarnished halo. It's too big and too serious for that kind of ego play. You share so others don't feel so alone, not so people will leave you alone on social media. 

(Too long didn't read recap:  Fuck Kyle, fuck Rinna - I guess it's all Lois's fault now? -  and god help Amelia Gray.)

This is the way I see it as well. Kyle trying to save her own ass is so obvious.

She figured things out too late. Dumbass.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, film noire said:

Erika G prides herself on Erika Jayne breaking all the rulz - but Rinna didn't adopt the persona of Erika Jayne to piss in the face of a patriarchal world that demands all women be ladylike, or to defy gender assumptions - no, Rinna did it just to call Kim Richards "cunty".  (Suffragette City! Not!) Rinna sat in her rat-infested home (even as Harry dreamed of moving permanently to Canada - "Am I too old to become a Mountie? Can I stop grilling meat products for these bitches and don that proud red uniform?') and a lightbulb went off in Rinna's calorie-deprived brain ("I'll dress up like Erika Jayne and then I can call anybody ANY FUCKING THING I WANT!") but since Erika G is too above-it-all to grasp what's in front of her ("Nothing flummoxes me - okay, Tom masturbating to a photo of Bader Ginsburg in my chapel flummoxed me") she didn't clock that her persona was turned into nothing but a street ho slinging insults.  Snap out of it, ya dumb cultural wannabe. 

YES!  (I thought I was watching a lost episode of Six Feet Under -- the one where the pimp dies and his working girls descend on the funeral home & Claire is all "OMG, we have HOOKERS in the grief room, Nate!") but NO,  it was just tryhard fashion.

I don't think she thought about it at all until she was standing there with Kim in front of her.  I don't think she planned to ACT like Erika until that moment when she started giving the finger for whatever reason.

Also omg this is the WORST story line EVER!

How do I not remember this SFU episode?  I have watched the whole series like 10 times!  What season was it?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I'll own it.

I liked Dorito's black PJ's at dinner.

Since we're owning stuff - I actually like Kyle in some of her hats.  Not all, but I liked the one she bought in France, and some of her others!  The one she wore for the LVP kitchen blow up was not a good one, but others look cute, to me!  

Also, I was completely coveting Kyle's complete look while shopping, and that red Gucci coat she wore when they arrived at the chateau.  

• Love 9

The real master manipulator is Rinna.  Munchausen, Coke at the party, Harry likes when I wear a strap on....Rinna is NOT afraid to speak on her own.  Ever.  I don't think she dressed as EJ in order to confront Kim, but I don't think the costume gave her the courage, either.  I think she just said it in the moment because she felt like it.  That simple.

I think the reason she keeps bringing up that she was in character is to see what comes of it.  I think she is constantly throwing bones out there for other housewives to grab hold of and pick on.  In this case, I think Kyle and Teddi obliged her.  And, I think Erika had some idea of all of this, but knew she couldn't possibly explain it and win, so she got pissed and said-I'm fine, drop it.  But, the idiots didn't and now they have a problem with Erika, even though I actually think initially she was suspicious of what Rinna was doing.

Rinna has told us more than once that she's a hustler who will do anything for a buck.  We should believe her.  She totally got that fight going.

I also think Kyle fancies herself a sly little pot stirrer and has no idea it was she who was manipulated. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

This is the way I see it as well. Kyle trying to save her own ass is so obvious.

She figured things out too late. Dumbass.

It's insulting - as if we're all too dumb to notice the timing of these revelations - they have such contempt for the audience. 

@Beachdreamer

I don't think she dressed as EJ in order to confront Kim,

I think she dressed like EJ because she knew she could behave insultingly/cause drama - with anyone -  securing time on camera, and then avoid responsibility because it was "Erika Jayne".  Dirty gamer holding up clean hands.

Rinna may not be bright, but she's cunning, and I don't think any of that was accidental or spontaneous.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
(edited)

I thought Rinna dressed more like Girardi than Erika Jayne.  EJ wears sexy, revealing, tight outfits with T&A and a lot of leg.  Girardi wears those godawful long t-shirts, like the one Rinna was wearing.

Edited by izabella
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't think she thought about it at all until she was standing there with Kim in front of her.  I don't think she planned to ACT like Erika until that moment when she started giving the finger for whatever reason.

Also omg this is the WORST story line EVER!

How do I not remember this SFU episode?  I have watched the whole series like 10 times!  What season was it?

Here's the thing though - Rinna, giving the finger to Kim, was NOT acting like Erika.  Erika may have a crude mouth at times, and she can be a cold hearted person, but I have never seen (that I recall) her giving the finger to someone.  Actually, unless she is completely under fire, or feeling very defensive, Erika is either fairly kind to someone or just looks right through them.  You kind of know where you stand with Erika, right from the get go.  She's not a favorite of mine, but at least she's brutally honest with her feelings for someone.  I've got to respect that about her.

Rinna, on the other hand, seems to shoot that salute quickly and proudly, many times!  And, also, Rinna is two faced, will be sweet and friendly to your face and either give you the finger when you walk away or snark about you as soon as you're out of hearing range.  That's why I have less respect for Rinna than I do for Erika.   

• Love 17
(edited)
9 minutes ago, izabella said:

I thought Rinna dressed more like Girardi than Erika Jayne.  EJ wears sexy, revealing, tight outfits with T&A and a lot of leg.  Girardi wears those godawful long t-shirts, like the one Rinna was wearing.

So....who did we get the first night at the chateau?  Erica Jayne or Erica Girardi?  Erika was wearing very minimal makeup, her own hair (plus obviously pre-trip applied extensions), but a long black coat/robe thingy over a very low cut push up corset/bra top.  

If Erika Jayne is just a performance persona, then, those type of outfits seem to go along with that persona, and not her actual "real" persona of Erica Girardi.  This is where I call bullshit on Erica, because she seems to pull that crap when it's convenient.  A performance persona should be left on the stage once the performance is over - it should not cross over into your everyday life, should it?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

So....who did we get the first night at the chateau?  Erica Jayne or Erica Girardi?  Erika was wearing very minimal makeup, her own hair (plus obviously pre-trip applied extensions), but a long black coat/robe thingy over a very low cut push up corset/bra top.  

If Erika Jayne is just a performance persona, then, those type of outfits seem to go along with that persona, and not her actual "real" persona of Erica Girardi.  This is where I call bullshit on Erica, because she seems to pull that crap when it's convenient.  A performance persona should be left on the stage once the performance is over - it should not cross over into your everyday life, should it?  

I want only pumpkin pie eating Erica!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think the in your face sexy showgirl is Erika Jayne, but Erika Girardi is still girlie and sensual and loves fashion and dressing up, so there is some of that going on all the time, not just on stage or in a photo shoot. I don't think we only get Erika Girardi when there's minimal makeup and casual clothes. 

I also like that you know where you stand with Erika. I don't enjoy a hot temper, but I'd rather someone lose their cool with me than be sugary sweet to my face but incredibly mean behind my back. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I loved this episode! The chateau was gorgeous, and I love that the ladies were gracious enough to oh and ah over their beautiful rooms, rather than act like half of the NY cast where choosing a room becomes a blood sport. 

I also noticed that the ladies got along just fine and were having fun until the last 10 minutes of the episode. I think, as I have in other epis, that the conflict was producer driven, because heaven forbid we go a whole episode without some manufactured/old drama. 

That said, at least LVP was only brought up once or twice briefly, which was one or twice too much for me but bearable. 

I love that no one traveled with a glam squad, even Ericka. Even at the end, when she looked soo tired (and so tired of saying that she had no problem with Rinna being Erika Jayne) she looked 100 % better than she does with the squad. Same goes with Dorito.

I don't have a problem with Rinna's kid thinking she can help other kids that may be suffering from an eating disorder. It seems more productive to me than what Olivia Jade does (or did) as an "influencer", or what any Kardasian does. More power to her.

Finally, as someone who lives in an area where wildfires have become a yearly occurrence (and volunteers with a group that goes into the fire zones to rescue animals, or feed ones that cannot be moved) I don't have a problem with how the ladies handled their calls to Denise and Camille. I don't have a problem either with what Harry said, as he referenced their friends, most of who I would imagine do live in mansions. But life goes on. Two of my nieces live in a town that was totally evacuated three years ago, and they were out of their home for 2 months. One niece still has nightmares about leaving surrounded by flames. It doesn't matter how much money you have, fear is fear. And loss is loss. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 14
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

That thing that Harry said, went right over my head.  I didn't notice. Was it bad?

I can't remember the exact words, but they were talking about the fires and Rinna told him that Camille lost her house. He said that other of their friends could be losing their houses, and that mansion after mansion were being lost. I didn't think it was insensitive (or elitist) at all, just stating fact. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't think that they were bothered by Erika's indifference - at least with Teddi, I honestly think she was just trying to understand. 

I think they were just trying to keep the conversation going by saying they didn't understand.  I can't believe they could be so dense as not to understand it when EJ said very clearly that she wasn't bothered by it and that she didn't want to be involved.   Kyle & Teddi should've shut their pie holes (to EJ) at that point!  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Giselle said:

I'll own it.

I liked Dorito's black PJ's at dinner.

Yes! And that Op Art dress she wore at the Sonjia alcohol/ prescription drug episode...beautiful.

I've always loved most everything Dorinda wears.

• Love 1

While I appreciate the fact that the ladies left the glam squad at home, if I had the funds to rent out that chateau I would be going full glam my whole stay.  I would channel my inner Marie Antoinette and bust out the corsets, gowns, and wigs for some photoshoots in the house and on the grounds.   I would dress for dinner in some 1930s bias cut silk gowns.  I feel like this is a wasted opportunity for these women who dress in costume to go horseback riding and drink in a dive bar. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes! And that Op Art dress she wore at the Sonjia alcohol/ prescription drug episode...beautiful.

I've always loved most everything Dorinda wears.

I don't remember that particular dress of Dorito's. Her fashion is hit but mostly miss with me.

Dorinda is also hit and miss with me. One dress of hers I thought was fun was the sleevless red plaid dress with leopard trim at the neck and armhole. That with the black boots she wore were a perfect ensemble. She looked young and fun.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Kyle looks ridiculous in that hat.  What is she, a cop?

i didn’t know anorexia is hereditary.

i have to say I’m loving the scenery.  Beautiful.

Kyle is still a vyle bitch and her bemoaning her weight issues didn't make me change my mind about her heinous personality or the fact that she is a waste of carbon space on Planet Earth. I also laughed at the damn hats she was trying on, that Greek Captain's hat was riDICKulous on her, and as she sashayed her entitled ass down the street she preened that everyone needs to get a beret when they come to France! That? Is not a beret you stupid, unedumacated, ignorant buffoon!

I had to gird myself seeing these assclowns mosey into that chateau pretending to be klassay...They're all wannabe nouveau riche pretenders and it's an embarrassment to the USA, at a time when we don't need anymore embarrassments. I cringe whenever they travel anywhere, they're so uncouth, so unwordly, so country bumpkin in a really bad way. I can just imagine the staff convos about these bitches behind their backs! I'd actually rather watch that, then them.

@film noire, why do you always write what's in my head, except far more eloquently than I ever could? Thank you!

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 19
22 hours ago, Pickles said:

I have to laugh at Erika in her sunglasses at breakfast.

I had to laugh also...

HOWEVER....only because it reminded me of me! I have very light blue eyes that are super sensitive...sunglasses are my “go to” when hung over so as not to trigger a migraine 🥴😎

• Love 9
Just now, gingerella said:

Kyle is still a vyle bitch and her bemoaning her weight issues didn't make me change my mind about her heinous personality or the fact that she is a waste of carbon space on Planet Earth. I also laughed at the damn hats she was trying on, that Greek Captain's hat was riDICKulous on her,

Thank you!  I was trying to remember what Kyle's hat reminded me of:  a pair of perfectly awful lamps at my MIL's cottage of Greek sea captains braiding rope.  She has a ship and lighthouse theme going, which is mostly fun/fine, except for those lamps!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

It definitely sounds like Kyle had an eating disorder. She did not technically have an abnormal BMI unless she meant she was 99 pounds at the BEGINNING of her ED. I am well aware that people of all weight ranges are afflicted with ED’s, I’m just saying that since Kyle seemed to be trying to frame her “announcement” in typical Kyle Lifetime fashion, her weight probably isn’t one of the better talking points. Stick to discussing having V8 for dinner. That’s closer to the narrative Kyle wants.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Kyle is still a vyle bitch and her bemoaning her weight issues didn't make me change my mind about her heinous personality or the fact that she is a waste of carbon space on Planet Earth. I also laughed at the damn hats she was trying on, that Greek Captain's hat was riDICKulous on her, and as she sashayed her entitled ass down the street she preened that everyone needs to get a beret when they come to France! That? Is not a beret you stupid, unedumacated, ignorant buffoon!

I had to gird myself seeing these assclowns mosey into that chateau pretending to be klassay...They're all wannabe nouveau riche pretenders and it's an embarrassment to the USA, at a time when we don't need anymore embarrassments. I cringe whenever they travel anywhere, they're so uncouth, so unwordly, so country bumpkin in a really bad way. I can just imagine the staff convos about these bitches behind their backs! I'd actually rather watch that, then them.

OMG, so true, so true.  Kyle crying about her weight issues thirty years ago just to get air time.  I’m wondering why I watch this show at all as I just started up again during Puppy Gate.  I have many relatives in Connecticut, and they do not talk like Dorit.  I really can’t stand any of them except maybe Erika.  At least she’s honest.  I just wish N.Y. Was on all year round.  You just can’t beat them.  Those BH’s outfits they wear to dinner are probably my whole closet for two years, lol.  I really can’t stand them.  Terrible, I know.  Money can’t buy you class as the Countless says.

• Love 7

She of the British humor; "Is that when the affair started" Vanderpump yeah she would've been a lamb.

Anorexia is a psychiatric disorder.  Conducting an affair is  what?  Bad behaviour?  A moral failing?  Eileen did it, just didn't like it being pointed out.  It wasn't a secret (although Eileen acted like she'd been outed) but it was a choice.  Anorexia isn't.  

Okay so let me say what I meant plainly. Lisa Vanderpump is a manipulative bitch that would suddenly start to mention what's on  Kyle's plate, how much of it she'd eaten and multitude of other triggering language to fuck with her after she found out because she's a BITCH.

• Love 5
(edited)
19 hours ago, film noire said:

Here's why I think Erika G should be offended (even though she's too witless to understand

If Erika is offended she'll address it with Rinna separately. She won't participate in a pile on orchestrated by two witless boobs who couldn't. 

Mrs Girardi is a lot of things, but not witless. She just doesn't like Teddi enough to back her in any argument. Refusing to help Kyle and Teddi in their pile on was very savvy IMO.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, Shellbell59 said:

I had to laugh also...

HOWEVER....only because it reminded me of me! I have very light blue eyes that are super sensitive...sunglasses are my “go to” when hung over so as not to trigger a migraine 🥴😎

I know exactly what you mean.

You never see me without sunglasses outside unless it's on the darker side of overcast. I keep spare pairs of older Ray Bans with scratched lenses in all 3 vehicles. 

I wear contacts and the magnified glare is the fastest way to a massive headache.

• Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, filmfan2480 said:

But what can they do -- get back on a plane and weed through flames to save Camille, Denise and their homes? 

I realize that there was nothing they could do, but Rinna's reaction seemed so fake, just like her saying "gorgeous" to everyone and everything.  Harry was talking to her about all of the mansions on fire, and as soon as EJ walked into the room, she practically hung up on him just to follow her. 

I guess none of their homes were in danger, so that's why they went ahead and took the trip.  I'm glad they didn't lose their homes or that their families didn't have to evacuate while they were gone.  I felt so bad for Camille when she told the group that she had nowhere to go.  I wonder where she ended up at during those following weeks. I'm sure there were a lot of people scrambling to find hotels and temporary housing.  She has said that LVP reached out to her, but I don't know the specifics of that.  It bugged me when Rinna said "we'll just make the best of the situation."  What situation do you have to make the best of, Rinna?  You're in a swanky villa being waited on hand and foot.   Camille, on the other hand, will be the one making the best of the situation as she tries to find a place to stay with just the clothes on her back.  I don't think she got out with much.  Rinna bugs me. 

18 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Lisa Vanderpump is a manipulative bitch that would suddenly start to mention what's on  Kyle's plate, how much of it she'd eaten and multitude of other triggering language to fuck with her after she found out because she's a BITCH.

They were supposedly best friends.  LVP might've already been aware of that information.  I seriously doubt that LVP would've acted that way had she just found out that info though. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I keep spare pairs of older Ray Bans with scratched lenses in all 3 vehicles. 

Please meet me in Small Talk and do tell all! I need to know. I don't care if the lenses are scratched. I want to hear about the 3!

• Love 4

Kyle and Teddi created the confusion because they tried to call out Rinna's behaviour at the party as being primarily an issue because her 'act' was not truly representative of Erika Jayne. They were resting on Erika to say what neither of them wanted to say - that Rinna used a cop out excuse for her behaviour toward Kim at the party and neither believe that Rinna wasn't being calculating and intentionally malicious.

Teddi wasn't being Kyle's henchwoman, she was just being Teddi. Whatever side of the argument she falls on, she's going to make sure she has her say whether she's involved or not. Rinna loves inserting herself in things that don't involve her and stirring the pot, so it's rich for her to tell someone to shut up because they aren't involved in the situation.

• Love 11

Poor ol’ Teddi.  Kyle tries to take on Rinna for her behavior and Rinna deflects with a “My inexcusable behavior allowed Kim and me to reconcile!” (Right). So, Kyle brings in Erika being offended hoping, no doubt, that Erika would skewer Rinna, but Erika wouldn’t take the bait.  Finally, Teddi speaks up and everyone turns on her.  The easiest target at the table.  Everyone is pissed at her and Rinna gets away scot free.  Well played Rinna.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I can't remember the exact words, but they were talking about the fires and Rinna told him that Camille lost her house. He said that other of their friends could be losing their houses, and that mansion after mansion were being lost. I didn't think it was insensitive (or elitist) at all, just stating fact. 

I’m from Ventura CA.......population around 189000....Malibu has several hundred more house stretching from LA/BH..they lost a lot of friends..(Denise mentions fires up north on WWHL)...

Ventura smaller beach town between Malibu and Santa Barbara....fire started 29 miles away...unfortunately 70mph SantAna winds were blowing 

By 4 Am 100s (253 total) burned to ground. In a city that small with nearly zero real estate available...

i can count 50 families who left..those are only the ones I know about.

Devastating...count my blessings only a corner of my garage roof suffered! 😟

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Ok, I rewatched the breakfast scene before the market. The spread looks divine : cheeses, croissants, porridge and berries and veges all in individual ramekins. 

Rinna has on her plate a pain au chocolate, surgically cut in half and doesn't look gnawed upon at all. At this stage, Erika has the same thing, no surprise there. All the women ate. Except Rinna. Because next scene, Pasha walks in and Rinna's plate is completely empty. I smelled a rat immediately because there's no way she'd do more than pick a few flakes off a chocolate croissant. Then there's a brief shot that shows plates at lap height between Rinna and Erika. And THAT is where Rinna's 'breakfast' ended up. 

I'm going to start playing the 'does Rinna eat ' game. I honestly believe this one would do anything for fame or infamy. Nothing is off limits. Amelia the Anorexic! Amelia the Anorexic Activist! If Rinna could make bucks off tips for the pro Ana community, i would BET she'd write a guide more comprehensive than the tacky sex tips thing she was blaring about a couple of seasons ago. Can't abide this woman 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
9 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Rinna has on her plate a pain au chocolate, surgically cut in half and doesn't look gnawed upon at all

In my world, wasting chocolate is an absolute sin!  What a shame it is to see all of that wasted food.  Sigh.

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

In my world, wasting chocolate is an absolute sin!  What a shame it is to see all of that wasted food.  Sigh.

In our world I would give you all my chocolate. Except for my grandma's brownies, my Mama's hot cocoa, german chocolate cake, and Pepperidge Farm Chesapeake Chocolate Chip Cookies. 

The rest I would give to you freely without expectation. Unless you wanted to give me caramel. Even if you didn't have caramel I'd still give you my chocolate. 😁

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, queenjen said:

Ok, I rewatched the breakfast scene before the market. The spread looks divine : cheeses, croissants, porridge and berries and veges all in individual ramekins. 

Rinna has on her plate a pain au chocolate, surgically cut in half and doesn't look gnawed upon at all. At this stage, Erika has the same thing, no surprise there. All the women ate. Except Rinna. Because next scene, Pasha walks in and Rinna's plate is completely empty. I smelled a rat immediately because there's no way she'd do more than pick a few flakes off a chocolate croissant. Then there's a brief shot that shows plates at lap height between Rinna and Erika. And THAT is where Rinna's 'breakfast' ended up. 

I'm going to start playing the 'does Rinna eat ' game. I honestly believe this one would do anything for fame or infamy. Nothing is off limits. Amelia the Anorexic! Amelia the Anorexic Activist! If Rinna could make bucks off tips for the pro Ana community, i would BET she'd write a guide more comprehensive than the tacky sex tips thing she was blaring about a couple of seasons ago. Can't abide this woman 

Remember when Kathryn Edwards told a server "not to bother offering Rinna food because she wouldn't eat it anyways?  Rinna got ticked off.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2016/02/lisa-rinna-eating-disorder-claims-slams-gossip/

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Kyle lives to be the survivor of something. Or the one with some cross to bear. She needs to be revered as someone who's persevered. Who's been subjected to unimaginable woes but has been able to be this great person that still marches on strongly.

Yes.  And did she really have an "eating disorder"?  Is dieting a disorder now?  There's a difference between being too thin, on purpose, and having a body dysmorphic disorder.  Kyle is overstating what happened, I think.  Amelia saying she's "allergic" to salad -- that's a disorder.

Also, how did Amelia go -- in a week -- from hating food to being a role model for other girls with anorexia? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Okay so let me say what I meant plainly. Lisa Vanderpump is a manipulative bitch that would suddenly start to mention what's on  Kyle's plate, how much of it she'd eaten and multitude of other triggering language to fuck with her after she found out because she's a BITCH.

Yeah, kind of like how whenever she would see Taylor she would say 'hey, did your husband beat you today?' Or when she would see Kim she'd ask if she had hit the bottle today.

Oh wait...none of those things happened, did it? There's plenty to vilify LVP over without needing to argue hypotheticals.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, izabella said:

Rinna was dressing up as Erika at Coachella.  She was copying a specific outfit that EJ had worn to Coachella.  Or, I guess that Erika had worn to Coachella AS EJ? Not really sure how to word it, but, the point I'm trying to make is that it wasn't Rinna trying to make up an outfit she thought EJ would wear, it was a copy of a look she had worn.

2 hours ago, Giselle said:

I know exactly what you mean.

You never see me without sunglasses outside unless it's on the darker side of overcast. I keep spare pairs of older Ray Bans with scratched lenses in all 3 vehicles. 

I wear contacts and the magnified glare is the fastest way to a massive headache.

I have grey sunglasses to wear on overcast days.  I have dark ones to wear when it's sunny out.  I wear my sunglasses until the sun is completely down, and sometimes I then switch to the grey ones to prevent the stupid oncoming headlights from glaring in my eyes when I'm driving.  I'm almost never outside without sunglasses on unless it's dark.  

• Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, smores said:

I can't really judge whether or not Kyle had an eating disorder or not.  It's possible she did.  But, Kyle is 5'2" tall.  My BFF is that height and when we were 17, she was lucky to top 95 lbs on a good day, as an athletic person.  It doesn't seem like 99 lbs is that crazy low of a weight for a 17 year old girl who is 5'2".  

9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

As for her weight not being that low considering her youth and height, it’s true that it’s not at all unusual for a short teen to weigh that much. I am taller than Kyle and weighed less when I was anorexic. What’s a healthy weight for one person can be an unhealthy weight for another though. If you are more muscular, have larger breasts, or are curvier all around like Kyle, you will weigh more. 

7 hours ago, film noire said:

With all I've seen of Kyle this season, on screen and off, I found her (supposedly) spontaneous revelation unsettling.  I know what it is to battle your own body as if it were the enemy (as most women have in one way or another, imo)  and you don't throw that into the mix to repair your image, or buff your tarnished halo. It's too big and too serious for that kind of ego play. You share so others don't feel alone, not so people will leave you alone on social media. 

4 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

It definitely sounds like Kyle had an eating disorder. She did not technically have an abnormal BMI unless she meant she was 99 pounds at the BEGINNING of her ED. I am well aware that people of all weight ranges are afflicted with ED’s, I’m just saying that since Kyle seemed to be trying to frame her “announcement” in typical Kyle Lifetime fashion, her weight probably isn’t one of the better talking points. Stick to discussing having V8 for dinner. That’s closer to the narrative Kyle wants.

If Kyle says she had an eating disorder, I believe her, but, like Film Noire, I thought her revelation was for less than genuine reasons. And, as Blubrd said, focusing on her weight wasn’t the most helpful way to frame the issue because it obscures the fact that anorexia (and all eating disorders) are a mental illness. Weight can be a symptom, but anorexia is, first and foremost, a psychiatric illness with physical consequences. Her weight isn’t the most relevant thing here- behavior and mindset define whether someone suffers from an eating disorder. When we focus too much on weight, we can miss the actual illness.

Because eating disorders are a mental illness, like most mental illnesses, there can be a genetic component. And they are often seen in families that have addiction issues as well (which makes sense for Kyle). But they are not ALL genetic, Rinna. It’s such a cop-out to absolve her of any culpability in her daughter’s illness.

ETA: Here’s a link to an article that explains the genetic connection between addiction and eating disorders:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130821084832.htm

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Also, how did Amelia go -- in a week -- from hating food to being a role model for other girls with anorexia? 

Rinna has said those same words about being a role model for girls with anorexia pretty much verbatim before this episode.  I can't remember if it was a talking head or not.

It seems like they are still very much in the middle of this and Rinna is trying to convince herself or everyone else that things are more ok than they are.  

Honestly, I'm uncomfortable watching this and discussing it because my gut is that this can't be good for Amelia at this stage.  But I'm not going to pretend to know; its just moving into a realm where I'm feeling that the reality TV parents should be doing more to make sure their kids aren't being exploited. 

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Yes.  And did she really have an "eating disorder"?  Is dieting a disorder now?  There's a difference between being too thin, on purpose, and having a body dysmorphic disorder.  Kyle is overstating what happened, I think.  Amelia saying she's "allergic" to salad -- that's a disorder.

Eating disorders vary in their severity. Kyle is trying to describe her mindset decades ago and we are watching Amelia in the throes of her illness. I am not a defender of Vyle (and I do think her anxiety makes her think situations are worse than they are), but eating disorders are typically underdiagnosed (not overdiagnosed) because many sufferers are convinced they aren’t bad enough/skinny enough to need help. If someone says they had an eating disorder, even if it’s Kyle, I think it’s best to trust them.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Rinna has said those same words about being a role model for girls with anorexia pretty much verbatim before this episode.  I can't remember if it was a talking head or not.

It seems like they are still very much in the middle of this and Rinna is trying to convince herself or everyone else that things are more ok than they are.  

Honestly, I'm uncomfortable watching this and discussing it because my gut is that this can't be good for Amelia at this stage.  But I'm not going to pretend to know; its just moving into a realm where I'm feeling that the reality TV parents should be doing more to make sure their kids aren't being exploited. 

She gave that spiel when they first discussed Amelia's eating disorder.  

I agree, it is uncomfortable to watch this at this point.  I think much like a former addict can be a great rehab counselor, I could see someone who previously had an eating disorder being a good fit to counsel those who are suffering now.  But I think the person has to be in a stable, recovery portion of their journey (not sure if that is the right term or not), and after watching the Hamlin dinner disaster, I don't think Amelia is in a recovery stage.  I wish Harry and Rinna would keep her off of tv until she's at a stronger place, as she's obviously struggling and it can't be easy to have the cameras there while it's going on.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

I’m from Ventura CA.......population around 189000....Malibu has several hundred more house stretching from LA/BH..they lost a lot of friends..(Denise mentions fires up north on WWHL)...

Ventura smaller beach town between Malibu and Santa Barbara....fire started 29 miles away...unfortunately 70mph SantAna winds were blowing 

By 4 Am 100s (253 total) burned to ground. In a city that small with nearly zero real estate available...

i can count 50 families who left..those are only the ones I know about.

Devastating...count my blessings only a corner of my garage roof suffered! 😟

So glad to hear that you escaped mostly unscathed. We have been lucky, with two evacuation alerts but no actual evacuations. However others in our city of now 120,000 haven't been so lucky. Our first big fire when our population was around 100,000 saw 30,000 people evacuated and 239 homes burn. My nieces live in a town of 80,000 where the entire town was evacuated, and 3244 structures burned which included 2400 homes. Devastating. Our big fire was caused by lightning, but so many that have occurred in the areas in our province since have been human caused, which I think is also the case in your state. That in itself is both horrifying and mind boggling. 

I am glad though that despite the fact that poor Camille (and Denise) could not go, that the ladies carried on to France as planned. After all, that is their job, and I for one was quite entertained by both them, and the fabulous scenery. It is one of the best trips I can remember from the 3 franchises I watch (NY and OC being the other two). It is one of the reasons I watch these shows, and great travel porn happens far too little for my taste. 

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

@film noire, why do you always write what's in my head, except far more eloquently than I ever could? Thank you!

Aw, thank you, Gingerella ; )

5 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Mrs Girardi is a lot of things, but not witless.

I think Erika is absolutely witless about what Rinna did (mostly b/c Erika Jayne has no real drive to create, or genuine talent, she just wants to wear sexy costumes and be on stage. If she were an artist, she'd be pissed her creation was turned into something it's not - as in: the  word "cunty"  per EJ is something positive and fun and sexy, not an insult, which is how Rinna used it;  EJ is a persona who defies rules, not a persona who uses sexist insults/throws around misogynistic ideas about the female body;  EJ is about agency, not shaming women for having those body parts, etc etc). She gets the labels, but not what the labels actually describe. 

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18
31 minutes ago, film noire said:

I think Erika is absolutely witless about what Rinna did (mostly b/c Erika Jayne has no real drive to create, or genuine talent, she just wants to wear sexy costumes and be on stage. If she were an artist, she'd be pissed her creation was turned into something it's not - as in: the  word "cunty"  per EJ is something positive and fun and sexy, not an insult, which is how Rinna used it;  EJ is a persona who defies rules, not a persona who uses sexist insults/throws around misogynistic ideas about the female body;  EJ is about agency, not shaming women for having those body parts, etc etc). She gets the labels, but not what the labels actually describe. 

Thank you! I posted something similar somewhere. Erika Jayne uses "cunty" positively, while Rinna's use was very much negative. I would have had been supportive of Erika's desire to stay out of that discussion if she had a talking head where she admitted that she did have an issue with Rinna's depiction of "Erika Jayne," but wasn't going to be dragged into another dumb proxy fight. 

• Love 10

I've always thought the bunny was a weird thing to carry around as the pinnacle of anger and upset against Kim.  Rinna has that crazy and unsettling car ride, the accusations against Harry and other things- things that felt bigger to me.  But I don't get to decide  how someone feels, so if the bunny is her issue, so be it.

And  Kyle and Teddi don't get to tell Erika how to feel.  It is reasonable for them to wonder if she was bothered or offended by Rinna's interpretation of Erika Jayne, but once she said she wasn't, well....end of story.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16