Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Pardon Our French

• Start Topic

Will we get 11 more episodes of Erika saying she's okay with it when she isn't?

If only someone had bought Erika a pair of underpants at that market!

• LOL 18
  • Love 4

Kyle, please just shut up. All I hear when she is on a fake I'm sorry, you look amazing, but what about ME!, blah, blah blah. I just tune her out now, not interested in what she is pontificating about.

Rinna, is just a B class soap actress who waits for her story lines on who she should go after next. Don't give a flying fig about her Harry Hamlin or their devil spawns.

Good for Erica in realizing that Kyle & Teddi were trying to bait her and she didn't bite and looks like she doesn't again next week.

Could care less about Dorit, but she does have cute well behaved children (thanks nannys)

Sad about Camilles house, how dreadful.

Bummer about Denise, I thought she would be a good addition. Wrong!

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
3 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

She was a producer on that show, not an actress, correct? I'm not sure what that has to do with the idea of not understanding the concept of a performance persona. She can understand the need for people to act on a television show without emotionally connecting to the idea of a "performance persona."

I guess being a producer means that you're totally ignorant to other parts of the process - even if it's a process you once took part in? And others around you? I mean, hell, I acted in high school plays but if I can understand this from my little corner of Canada, I'm pretty sure someone who grew up in and around the industry gets it more than I do. 

4 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I wish that Kyle had directly said, "Rinna, I don't think you acted appropriately at Farrah's party." Because IMO Rinna owes her an apology and yet, here we are.

She should have. Instead she chose to continually try to get Erika to say that she was personally offended by what Rinna did. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jel said:

How many more episodes until we get a Lisa sighting?  I was expecting to see her in the previews, but it turns out this is a two-parter? 

She said that BRAVO has cut her out of the rest of the season and she was a no-show at the Reunion.   So, no more LVP, who was also a failed actress. 

Edited by twilightzone
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, twilightzone said:

She said that BRAVO has cut her out of the rest of the season and she was a no-show at the Reunion.   So, no more LVP.

I thought we were going to see her open Vanderpump Cocktail Garden!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

You mean like trying to manipulate her into being offended and punishing Rinna, so Kyle can sit back and enjoy with clean hands?

Kyle is so transparent and really bad "actress".

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Rinna, is just a B class soap actress who waits for her story lines on who she should go after next. Don't give a flying fig about her Harry Hamlin or their devil spawns.

Nor does she!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I completely agree with ChitChat about Erika. I think she honestly got a kick out of Rinna dressing up as her and knows Rinna didn’t mean to make her out to be a nasty person. Erika Jayne is known for being over the top, and she does like the word c***y. Everything else was clearly Rinna. I know most of us wouldn’t want to be portrayed in an ugly manner, but if Erika said she wasn’t offended and it’s all performance, drop it! 

I could be mistaken, but I think this is different from what happened with pantygate. She instantly looked upset with that. She didn’t seem bothered at this dinner until the ladies kept pushing. 

• Love 20

Well gosh.  I didn't even get through the first page of comments because I feel I watched something very different.  The chateau was lovely.  Everyone loved their assigned rooms.

I think everyone was very concerned about Camille and Denise's homes.  And sad about Camille.

Erika's comment about beating up Camille was a joke.  I'm not crazy about Erika and even I saw it that it was a joke.

Yeah, these ladies get overdressed.  I wish Denise was there to walk in wearing a pair of jeans with a nice top.

Two mentions of LVP.  Two talking heads.  Nothing during the actual trip.  Kyle mentioning past trips.  Erika talking about feeling safe talking about stuff.  Again.  Nothing during the trip.

The whole Rinna playing Erika Jane....I get both sides.  I can't stand Kim but I do think she went a little too far.  I get Teddi's point of view and I think some jumped in a little too hard.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, breezy424 said:

Yeah, these ladies get overdressed.  I wish Denise was there to walk in wearing a pair of jeans with a nice top.

You mean look normal or average? Those descriptions are not in these ladies vocabulary. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Did Teddi have her shoes on the table? Really? In a French chateau? No class.

Can you imagine if Ryan Culberson had been there? He would have held her accountable for sure.

Shame on her.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I get Teddi's point of view and I think some jumped in a little too hard.

WHat exactly is Teddi's point of view  here? Just what is she so confused about ? Why Riina wanted Erika Jayne to call Kim a "C"? Because Teddi thinks that is so insulting to Erika? She needed to take her cue from Erika who said she didn't care.  It wasn't her. So Lisa Rinna, one of the biggest mouths ever, claims to be to scared to say it as herself. Crock of shit but, who cares? You either believe that is something that Erika would do or you don't. Nothing to be confused about.  She used the most, well second to herself, over the top outspoken person to say what she wanted to say for two years.

However, next week, when Kyle saysI feel like you really dont want to be around us, I think she is right ! EJ or EG has a short fuse and it has been lit.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I wonder how comfortable Teddi feels right now. Opening up, sharing her feelings, getting shut down.....

confused bugs bunny GIF by Looney Tunes

But I thought that they were all safe now that LVP is out of the picture?

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:

But I thought that they were all safe now that LVP is out of the picture?

Nobody is safe. Not the people. Not the famous Bunny gift. Not the cheese at the market. Everything is doomed I tell you. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Did Teddi have her shoes on the table? Really? In a French chateau? No class.

I think that Teddi is sooo impressed with her new "fashionista" persona (I also think she's hired a stylist) that she wants to make sure that all these other women are noticing all the new designer additions to her wardrobe.

It was rude and ill mannered, for sure, though!  That table was probably some kind of antique.  

• Love 13
Just now, Mindthinkr said:

Nobody is safe. Not the people. Not the famous Bunny gift. Not the cheese at the market. Everything is doomed I tell you. 

I would head the other way and cross the street if I saw any of these women coming along the same side of the sidewalk as me.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Kyle and Teddi wanted EJ to admit that she was bothered and annoyed by Rinna's attack on Kim all in the name of being EJ.  EJ said she didn't have a problem with it.  Kyle & Teddi didn't like that answer.  They kept on and on trying to "understand."  There was nothing more to understand.  EJ said she was fine with Rinna dressing up as her and that it didn't bother her that Rinna attacked Kim like that.  

Kyle can feel however she wants to.  EJ wanted to be left out of the discussion.   

No, they didn't. They both expressed how they would have felt had it been their persona. They didn't insist that she feel the same way, they just expressed confusion. 

I think that part of the reason that the conversation kept going round and round is because Erika then shut down and kept saying she was "fine" when clearly SOMETHING was bothering her. So then they were in the position of having to ferret out what was bothering her. 

I just don't really get Erika, I find her pretty humorless and cold, for all of her EJ persona. And so maybe that is why I am empathizing with Kyle and Teddi here, because Erika's reactions to things are often confusing to me, too.

32 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I guess being a producer means that you're totally ignorant to other parts of the process - even if it's a process you once took part in? And others around you? I mean, hell, I acted in high school plays but if I can understand this from my little corner of Canada, I'm pretty sure someone who grew up in and around the industry gets it more than I do. 

She should have. Instead she chose to continually try to get Erika to say that she was personally offended by what Rinna did. 

I didn't say she was "ignorant" of the other parts of the process, I said she doesn't emotionally connect to the idea of a performance persona. I work in PR, which means I often have to work with graphic designers in my job. I get that what they do is important but emotionally, I don't connect to their process because it is different from the way I think about my work. So I think something similar happened with Kyle. She understands that actors are important to the line of work she is on, she just doesn't get the finer points of their process because really, she wasn't an actor, she was a kid.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Personally, I think that both Rinna and Erika were being disingenuous - I don't think it was about performance art, I think it was about Rinna wanting to find a way to go after Kim, and Erika just being too self-centered to not understand what Teddi and Kyle were saying. So I have no problem with them calling Rinna out. I just think that they don't fundamentally understand the Erika Jayne persona (and personally, I am with them on that). 

I don't think they were being disingenuous.  They knew very well that Teddi and Kyle were trying to bring Erika in on chastising Rinna for the perceived insult but Erika was having none of it.  Rinna might say that being dressed as Erika led her to channel Erika Jayne and confront Kim but no one is buying that excuse.  Everyone blames Rinna for what she did.  No one thought Erika was speaking through her. Kim's not mad at Erika.

From Erika's POV, what Rinna did was just bad fanfiction of her persona but Erika isn't suffering any consequences of Rinna's actions nor did she think Rinna's impression was meant to be insulting to her.  The only person Rinna wanted to insult was Kim so no harm, no foul to Erika personally. 

1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

As for the second thing, I don't really understand the argument. Erika doesn't get to dictate how Kyle feels about Rinna's inappropriate behavior.

Erika can shut it down because they were using her to avoid a direct confrontation with Rinna.  Erika has every right to say "stop making up perceived insults that I didn't find insulting on my behalf when I can speak for myself." 

1 hour ago, janiema said:

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day and in this case it was Dorit. Why eat out in France and order a burger?

That was hilarious but maybe because they do make good burgers. 

• Love 19
24 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Denise and Kyle are currently on WWHL.  Classy Andy starts the show with a poll about Denise dressing too casually.  Way to embarrass your guest, Andy.  91% sided with Denise.

I don't think Andy was out to embarrass Denise.  I think he got that most viewers would side with Denise to begin with.  

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, missyb said:

WHat exactly is Teddi's point of view  here? Just what is she so confused about ? Why Riina wanted Erika Jayne to call Kim a "C"? Because Teddi thinks that is so insulting to Erika? She needed to take her cue from Erika who said she didn't care.  It wasn't her. So Lisa Rinna, one of the biggest mouths ever, claims to be to scared to say it as herself. Crock of shit but, who cares? You either believe that is something that Erika would do or you don't. Nothing to be confused about.  She used the most, well second to herself, over the top outspoken person to say what she wanted to say for two years.

However, next week, when Kyle saysI feel like you really dont want to be around us, I think she is right ! EJ or EG has a short fuse and it has been lit.

Well, Teddi believes that Erika wouldn't do that and LR believes she would.  That's the confusion for Teddi.  Erika says the persona would.  Ok.  Point taken by Teddi in the end.

• Love 1

This is my wish for next year:

LVP back but with a softer edge not having to deal with these harpies. She for sure is no innocent but she brings the bling and bhills and possibly Vegas filming. But stop with Ken and the personal animal menagerie. Also no Pandora.

Camille back full time rebuilding her house and new life with her new husband. And if her kids are now of age a few shots of them.

Dorit, GONE.

RiNNA, Gone (unless she or Harry files for divorce for REAL) then put all that shit out there and leave off their demon spawns.

Teddi, Gone(just boring Mr. Hand)

Erika, back and in line with LVP & Camille (more Mrs. G please, less EJ) Maybe?

Denise, unfortunately I think she is one and done.

Kyle, demote her to a "friend of" status. Serves her right!

Add one more true housewife who really knows LVP,Camille, Erika and is not a broke ass grifter and this might take off again.

Other wise this show is getting very stale.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

Teddi telling Ericka how "she would feel" if Rinna impersonated her and used it as an excuse to be insulting her BFF's sister, and then being "so confused" that Ericka didn't feel the same way was pretty eye roll worthy. What is it with Teddi and Kyle trying to make these major dramas happen? I think they were able to pull  it off with Lisa V and Dorit and the dog. But I don't think Ericka and Dorit will gang up on Rinna, at least not for that.

I have no idea if it's acting. Maybe a little, but I really do think that Kyle wants to punish Rinna for yelling at her sister. And I think Teddi is along for the ride because it gives her something to react to and she likes picking sides and wants others to as well. 

I'm sure these ladies all have insurance on their homes. It's very sad, but it's not Katrina-- they aren't homeless now, and they will be getting a nice insurance check to rebuild. And Rinna was right-- they are okay, and that's all that really matters in the long run.

• Love 15

When they were dressed in all black in the lounge or whatever it looked like they were in attendence at a will reading or they were waiting for Mr. Body to show up with wrapped weapons.

Kyle and her fucking hat journey goes international now. Great.

Are all the drinks watered down in Beverly Hills? I was wondering why they wouldn't shut up about how strong the drinks were.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
53 minutes ago, missyb said:

This.

Erika has annoyed me in the past but I loved her tonight. She saw right through Teddy's passive aggressive "explain it to me" bullshit and wanted no parts of it. 

Unpopular opinion: the trip looks boring. Everything they did there they could have done in their own homes (besides the food, obviously). The place was beautiful and all but it seemed more like a honeymoon spot or summer getaway than a place to go with your girlfriends. And how are they not embarrassed to get all dressed up to walk from the sitting room to the dining room five feet away? Trying way too hard. 

Also, I don't miss Lisa. 

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

She didn’t get the memo that they were going to France. She thought she was on RHOC going to Iceland. Semi-Senior moment for her. Tom must be rubbing off. 

of course, you know that it gets pretty cold in France in the late Fall and early Winter...similar to the East coast. Also, does it seem like Erika was getting sick. She didn't look well.

2 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

And I doubt very much that Lisa Vanderpump would have been anything other than kind about Kyle's dramatic revelation about her eating disorder.  

She of the British humor; "Is that when the affair started" Vanderpump yeah she would've been a lamb.

Erika shut the pile on right the fuck down. Fuck Teddi. Whenever one of these bitches starts with "I'm just trying to understand" that's the exact opposite of what they're trying to do. If Kyle couldn't take on Rinna by herself then she shouldn't have tried it. If Kyle AND Teddi can't take on Rinna on their own they shouldn't try to enlist Erika. Kyle's gonna be picking up her face if Erika tells her she doesn't care about the latest round of Rinna vs Drunken Richards. Its been years and Kim still won't admit she did anything wrong. She also won't admit the bunny stunt was pretty shitty so who cares about her drunk ass feelings.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 17

Oh and I chuckled at Rinna staring at Eryka's plate and gasping "oh my God, look at those fries!" And then...not tasting a fry. Surely one little fry won't cause her to blow up like Sherman Clump.

I can't imagine denying myself like that.

• Love 22

Rinna shared that her spawn has an eating disorder which led to Kyle doing cry voice and the others bowing down and worshipping Saint Kyle the Parent. All's well that ends well. She is so needy.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 17
(edited)

Much like Teddi - I was confused tonight.  First they show us Kyle in the kitchen in a bathrobe.  Then we see the sitting room where Teddi seems to be lounging in a negligee and robe; Dorit enters in mannish pajamas; Erika rolls in looking completely bizarre with her bra showing - but that was my first hint that it was now a different time of day and maybe they weren't still in pjs after all.  They were just all dressed up to eat dinner in their own house!  And Dorit even had a little clutch purse 😂😂😂

I thought Kyle was best dressed both nights at dinner - not kudos that she typically receives.  Of course the hat she bought was ridiculous - I was thinking she looked like a policeman, and then she mentioned looking like a member of the Village People.  Exactly!

Teddi in her scarf looked like her mom had just bundled her up to go play in the snow.  If you can't wear it comfortably, take it off.  Also, I'm tired of the "I'm confused" routine when she wants to call someone out.

It's so kind of that cosmopolitan weisenheimer Dorit to travel with these uncouth Americans.  🙄  She wins my personal award for "worst dressed" at both dinners.

Edited by princelina
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Kyle and Teddi wanted EJ to admit that she was bothered and annoyed by Rinna's attack on Kim all in the name of being EJ.  EJ said she didn't have a problem with it.  Kyle & Teddi didn't like that answer.  They kept on and on trying to "understand."  There was nothing more to understand.  EJ said she was fine with Rinna dressing up as her and that it didn't bother her that Rinna attacked Kim like that.  

Kyle can feel however she wants to.  EJ wanted to be left out of the discussion.   

Exactly!

If Erika is annoyed she has never been shy to address it. She said she didn't think it was weird but understood that others felt differently. She said she wasn't offended.

I was picturing Erika in the witness box. Kyle & Teddi harping at her. I was waiting for a lawyer to stand up and say "Object, leading the witness!"

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

Oh and I chuckled at Rinna staring at Eryka's plate and gasping "oh my God, look at those fries!" And then...not tasting a fry. Surely one little fry won't cause her to blow up like Sherman Clump.

I can't imagine denying myself like that.

Did any of them eat anything?  It seems like they were all sitting in front of clean place settings when they got up to leave that cafe.

Erika in that talking head outfit looked like she was channeling Evita Peron.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, 918lux said:

WTF is with these women and their damn well-done beef??

They cook meat less in France. You basically have to ask for it burnt if you want medium rare. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Good job, Kyle - she got all the advertising details out of the way upfront so Bravo can get its discount on booking that place.  

It is a gorgeous chateau for sure, though. 

Kyle's alter ego came out tonight.

Travelocity-Gnome-2.png

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I was picturing Erika in the witness box. Kyle & Teddi harping at her. I was waiting for a lawyer to stand up and say "Object, leading the witness!"

Or, "Asked and answered." 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, 918lux said:

WTF is with these women and their damn well-done beef??

Ir was a hamburger.

I wouldn't eat a hamburger that had any  pink--undercooked, for fear of salmonella.

Same for raw eggs or an egg w/a runny yolk - it;s not worth being sick for

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Pickles said:

Seriously. And the daughter is so cured and so saintly, she wants to help others. And the Dr told them that her anorexia problems are genetic--she was born that way. Um, no. So, Rinna is off the hook and not to blame. Right. 

My thought was that if this doctor told Rinna that genetics were to blame, then it's even moreso Rinna to blame because she passed down the genes! And modeled the behavior also, IMO.

• Love 15